User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Dec 2004, 05:30   #1
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point
[Approved] Wave Distorters... - more susgestions

This is in relation to this thread. that is entitled [Approved]Wave Distorters... http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=181591

You approved intra - alliance scanning surely this should be the same as arbiter rights for exactly the same reason. If you have someone in you alliance spying (lord hope you dont) then now if they find your co-ords they can also pass on your fleet make up , and all information about your planet. Surely it should be up to the HC to decide who has the right to scan alliance members freely just as they have the right to decide whether some one sees if alliance members are in a certan gala, has an A beside there planet or nothing

Last edited by macros69; 15 Dec 2004 at 18:45.
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 16:04   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: [Discuss] Wave Distorters... - more susgestions

So you just take a lost of co-ords with you to your new alliance, and hey presto they can scan away instead.

If you note, Kal did say at the end of that thread that there are some security issues that would need addressing, and i agree with you that that could be one of them.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 16:17   #3
macros69
Um....... Macros

macros69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
So you just take a lost of co-ords with you to your new alliance, and hey presto they can scan away instead.

If you note, Kal did say at the end of that thread that there are some security issues that would need addressing, and i agree with you that that could be one of them.
good point . but at least in what i am susgesting they have to send it to another alliance and such - what if the persons co-ords they get is got a lot of distorters and no one from the alliance who is spying can scan that planet??? if any alliance member could scan with out worrying about distorters then the spy could just do the scans
macros69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 13:15   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

perhaps only someone with BC access in game should be able to get the ability to avoid the distortors?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 16:56   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
perhaps only someone with BC access in game should be able to get the ability to avoid the distortors?
Perhaps the ability to check if a planet is friendly or not is trivial already, thus making this moot?
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 17:41   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

i think the point was that while they may allready know who to scan, allowing them to scan might be a problem - hence restricting the scaning ability to thoose who "need" it might make sense

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:33   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That was the whole point.
If any of the alliance has it, it might as well be all the alliance. If there's a spy in the alliance who wants to do scans, the only help this will be will be distorter wh0res who have more distorters than alliance scanners have amps, and this is like.... 5 people in the whole universe (geekfarm was one last round . I swear no one landed on him ever, they couldn't scan him)
Unread 23 Mar 2005, 22:21   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

so therefore we should just implement this as it was orginially proposed - anyone in an alliance can scan anyone else without distortors doing anything?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Mar 2005, 22:28   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
so therefore we should just implement this as it was orginially proposed - anyone in an alliance can scan anyone else without distortors doing anything?
Yes

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 17:46   #10
obiwan

obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
That was the whole point.
If any of the alliance has it, it might as well be all the alliance. If there's a spy in the alliance who wants to do scans, the only help this will be will be distorter wh0res who have more distorters than alliance scanners have amps, and this is like.... 5 people in the whole universe (geekfarm was one last round . I swear no one landed on him ever, they couldn't scan him)
So If no one could Scan him last round why have you Increased the number of Distorters a distwhore can now build, It was a struggle for the scanners to catch them last round, most were not caught till the last week if at all, Now with the introduction of construction research to 300 it is impossible,
considering the cost/time it takes to build Amps over Dists.

|1 | Xyphistor | 250 |
|2 | Pit | 250 |
|3 | Will | 250 |
|4 | obiwan | 248 |
|5 | rotten | 247 |

The Top 5 scanners rnd67 vs the new limit of 300, unless amps are going to be made cheaper in both time/cost then Distwhores win hands down.
I have played PA since rd2 i have seen many changes in the game, but none as unfair as this becoming Hardcore Distwhores already had an edge till the last week of the game now they have been given a phenomenal advantage which has put them forever out of reach of even the hardcore of scanners.
obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 18:47   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
So If no one could Scan him last round why have you Increased the number of Distorters a distwhore can now build, It was a struggle for the scanners to catch them last round, most were not caught till the last week if at all, Now with the introduction of construction research to 300 it is impossible,
considering the cost/time it takes to build Amps over Dists.

|1 | Xyphistor | 250 |
|2 | Pit | 250 |
|3 | Will | 250 |
|4 | obiwan | 248 |
|5 | rotten | 247 |

The Top 5 scanners rnd67 vs the new limit of 300, unless amps are going to be made cheaper in both time/cost then Distwhores win hands down.
I have played PA since rd2 i have seen many changes in the game, but none as unfair as this becoming Hardcore Distwhores already had an edge till the last week of the game now they have been given a phenomenal advantage which has put them forever out of reach of even the hardcore of scanners.
You do realise you bumped an ELEVEN year old thread?

The number of distorter players who get good rankings - top 100 - is always in the minority. Check the strategy forum posts I make each round.

You are actually highlighting one of two reasons why distorter strategies are rubbish - alliance members can scan them and so can all unit and landing scans.

I think that the fact you lose up to 30% value (fcs) or a huge xp bonus at the expense of dists which atill allow you to be scanned is a pretty large penalty and I would definitely argue that dists were still if anything too weak.
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 19:01   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, old thread!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 19:16   #13
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

New 300 construction rule makes being unscannable possible

I'm gc and can set galaxy mates to wanted to hide galaxy status if needed

proving ok so far
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 19:22   #14
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

also it should be possible to be unscannable whole round
it's a viable tactic again

might do a distorter bp next round
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 19:57   #15
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
New 300 construction rule makes being unscannable possible

I'm gc and can set galaxy mates to wanted to hide galaxy status if needed
No you can't.

You can set galaxy mates to "wanted" (or "not wanted") and it will hide outgoing fleet status.

Setting a planet to "wanted" (or "not wanted") will:
  • make the bcalc on incoming hostiles inaccessible;
  • make the notes on incoming hostiles inaccessible;
  • hide the outgoing fleet status

What it will not do is hide the incoming fleets.
So planets set to "wanted" (or "not wanted") will still show how many friendly fleets are coming and the number of ships.

Last edited by Bram; 31 Aug 2016 at 19:45.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2016, 22:41   #16
Caj
speed demon

hmm you sure they havn't updated the manual on that one yet

pretty sure it hides the entire gal status , but i could be wrong! if not I guess my rainbows gal mate is awesome
Unread 31 Aug 2016, 00:31   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bram is partly right. Wanted planets cannot see outgoing fleets, just incoming ones. Only trusted planets can see outgoing fleets.

Signed, a wanted planet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2016, 18:10   #18
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj View Post
hmm you sure they havn't updated the manual on that one yet

pretty sure it hides the entire gal status , but i could be wrong! if not I guess my rainbows gal mate is awesome
You know, it's pretty easy to test this yourself.
Just change your own planet from 'Trusted' to 'Wanted' or 'Not wanted' and see for your self.

Also note that all ministers in the galaxy can change the status (and also their own status)..
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote