User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 19 Jul 2014, 10:53   #101
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light
Re: R58 Stats

as we saw with 3 pod classes this round it provides a diverse range of alliance strats.
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 11:11   #102
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

It is also horrific for DCs. Could you at least considering giving Xans only 2 pod classes? If not xans cap loads simply by sending pod only fleets consisting of three classes because alliances cant afford to cover three types of incs at once. This just contributes to giving those who go this route an easy time not making them more strategic!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 11:39   #103
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

in my opinion i think that's not an issue of stats but with the strat chosen and the dc ability and member activity of an alliance. Getting roided by pod fakes is no ones fault but your own. having 3 pod classes gives you the flexibility to change strat without too much fuss if your current one isn't working.

Are there any obvious stand out race that is OP?
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 14:19   #104
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
erm...is it me!? or is that the new Planetarion2.0 ???

2 podclasses for TER and ZIK, 3 for CAT and XAN and ETD even with 4 ?

And thats because TER was so overpowered the last 10 rounds ? I can only imagine this set to be a late aprils fool.

ok after lookin on more then the podclasses i have to rephrase the aprils fools wording.

How is anyone going to play anything else but FR with this set, while the only option to roid those FR forts is attacking them with FR !?

please pick another set now, so the guy doing it has enough time to tweak ACDC, thank you
Someone said CO was way too overpowered, and someone else said that it was gonna be all xan FI, so i think my set is the best thats been made in years if this is the trtuth

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 14:20   #105
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
in my opinion i think that's not an issue of stats but with the strat chosen and the dc ability and member activity of an alliance. Getting roided by pod fakes is no ones fault but your own. having 3 pod classes gives you the flexibility to change strat without too much fuss if your current one isn't working.

Are there any obvious stand out race that is OP?
I dont like how your has been set up tbh, all the races has eta 7 roid class?

Unread 19 Jul 2014, 14:23   #106
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Is that not almost inevitable if all races have 3 classes with pods?

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 14:50   #107
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point

The stats currently on beta are decent I guess but cath should never have a steal ship that can steal into their attack class. I also miss and don't know why zik never has a "def ship" anymore. Zik used to be able to have that one ship that had priority on init vs either fr/de/cr/bs. This allowed zik to be able to defend properly solo and attack some trgts solo. With these stats zik still can never attack by itself.
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2014, 14:56   #108
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Is that not almost inevitable if all races have 3 classes with pods?
I don like 3 class sets then

Unread 20 Jul 2014, 06:09   #109
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

There are way too many problems with the stats in Beta. Why would everyone NOT play xan. It D/C is better than Terran A/C and it fires 1st over everything. It will just end up being a xan/cath round AGAIN.

I think we should let Blue_esper put his stats into beta they are more balanced and atleast take each race's attack and def choices into account as apposed to Alliance attack and alliance defense options.
Unread 20 Jul 2014, 08:48   #110
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

I don't think the D/C and A/C are done yet? Probably still has some old numbers in there from previous round.

Need to give Xan pretty crappy D/C A/C to make them ok with these stats.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2014, 12:09   #111
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
There are way too many problems with the stats in Beta. Why would everyone NOT play xan. It D/C is better than Terran A/C and it fires 1st over everything. It will just end up being a xan/cath round AGAIN.

I think we should let Blue_esper put his stats into beta they are more balanced and atleast take each race's attack and def choices into account as apposed to Alliance attack and alliance defense options.
So why would everyone go xan? What would be the allie strat?
FI?

Unread 20 Jul 2014, 20:54   #112
bass
#starcraft2

bass can only hope to improve

Haven't looked at the stats in a calc yet... but please keep in mind cloak is a massive advantage and it needs to be reflected in the shipvalue. Overpowered xan round (not saying it is or isnt in this set) is the most boring thing ever. Except when tia makes stats obviously.... that's much worse.
Unread 21 Jul 2014, 06:24   #113
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post

I prefer blue esper stats too. Easy to make them playable.
Unread 21 Jul 2014, 20:32   #114
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
There is no "we".
No. There's just me

though these days I need a mini me to be an allianceless, power-crazy person, etc.
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 11:20   #115
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
though these days I need a mini me to be an allianceless, power-crazy person, etc.
You're multiiing! Ace, get your preach on, this is your time to shine!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2014, 15:49   #116
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Regarding BB's stats, the Predator and Peacekeeper are almost the same ship, even same init and targeting. This isn't nescessarily bad for the stats, just... not pretty? :P
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 08:37   #117
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

wish appoco would decide on a set of stats and run with it. me personally, one set of stats is about all i have time to analyze and fix before signups open. so the sooner appoco picks a set the better..
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 08:51   #118
booji
a bucket

Quite, I feel like I have stats pouring out my ears. Now that I have been looking at Blue Esper's yesterday I can no longer remember what I thought of BButcher's!

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 14:32   #119
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

why not have a vote on the 3 offered ones
24h
and then we know what to tweak and whom to whine at (i am afraid i have no real favourite, i´d love a set where xan and cat dont have eta7 pods)

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 14:44   #120
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Looking at the bright side, r59 and r60 stats are close to be finished. We shouldnt waste the effortshere
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:21   #121
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Id say we go for the first one we had in beta (my stats)

Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:35   #122
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Looking at the bright side, r59 and r60 stats are close to be finished. We shouldnt waste the effortshere
noooooooooooooo
Unread 26 Jul 2014, 15:55   #123
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: R58 Stats

I like the idea of "op" stats. last rounds were all pretty balanced..

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2014, 01:27   #124
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

Please. Just let us know what stats will be used this next round. So we can start thinking about it. BB?BLUESPE?PAPADOC?
Unread 28 Jul 2014, 07:12   #125
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Are we any closer on this?
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2014, 10:23   #126
isildurx

Think I might come up with a set of stats for next round, so we can avoid the debacle of this round.
Unread 1 Aug 2014, 10:46   #127
DG

DG will become famous soon enoughDG will become famous soon enough

Look forward to seeing them
DG is offline   Reply With Quote