User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Apr 2006, 16:51   #1
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
races

Ooooooold suggestion, again for future rounds.

Remove the races. Go back to r3 style where you got your common start-race, then you later get the option to research emp/stealth or war. Will make a lot of ppl less crippled by their race-choice and for me the nostalgia alone is enough to get me to play. Or you can merge all races into one and shorten the number of ships. Make all Pod's FR class again. Will make the round as dynamic as possible for everyone and noone gets an edge on the others by picking a more fortunate race. Make a unique scanner-route in research where you disallow scanners to have ships, but allow them to have scans/cov-ops/PDS(i know). Make 3-5 scannerslots in each alliance, exclude their score from the alliance avg and total, but make it so alliance can defend them(ally eta). Make an entirely seperate rank in universe screen for scanners based on XP+value/score. Remove the XP and make score = value for regular planets. To avoid bashing just alter the bash-limit to say 50-60% of your own score. Bring back bonus income to galaxy commander/ministers and open the alliance-fund. The alliancefund the HC can set a certain tax-percentage for their members and the HC can donate from the fund to players below the alliance average score. Will help recruitment and give new players a good chance of catching up.

Bah, i'm just bored in reality, but i dont like the constantly unbalanced races. And if we cant balance them by making perfect stats, then i say we take a couple of steps backwards.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 17:09   #2
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: races

Well I will say that making all pods FR again is a bad idea, we'll go back to the time that peeps only build ships to kill FR, leading to monolithic fleets again, and going back to a single race with specialization doesn't keep peeps from making mistakes in "race choice" because they will research certain things, then realize it wasn't what they wanted..... I'll leave the rest of your suggestions for others to comment on. Cheers.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 18:41   #3
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Ooooooold suggestion, again for future rounds.

Remove the races. Go back to r3 style where you got your common start-race, then you later get the option to research emp/stealth or war. Will make a lot of ppl less crippled by their race-choice and for me the nostalgia alone is enough to get me to play. Or you can merge all races into one and shorten the number of ships. Make all Pod's FR class again. Will make the round as dynamic as possible for everyone and noone gets an edge on the others by picking a more fortunate race. Make a unique scanner-route in research where you disallow scanners to have ships, but allow them to have scans/cov-ops/PDS(i know). Make 3-5 scannerslots in each alliance, exclude their score from the alliance avg and total, but make it so alliance can defend them(ally eta). Make an entirely seperate rank in universe screen for scanners based on XP+value/score. Remove the XP and make score = value for regular planets. To avoid bashing just alter the bash-limit to say 50-60% of your own score. Bring back bonus income to galaxy commander/ministers and open the alliance-fund. The alliancefund the HC can set a certain tax-percentage for their members and the HC can donate from the fund to players below the alliance average score. Will help recruitment and give new players a good chance of catching up.

Bah, i'm just bored in reality, but i dont like the constantly unbalanced races. And if we cant balance them by making perfect stats, then i say we take a couple of steps backwards.
lol
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 18:58   #4
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking

Hmm, I don't know... It looks like we got a pretty balanced set of stats this round. From my perspective, the top 100 seems to be decided on Details and Luck, rather than race choice, tho I've never been there myself... for us mid-range players (I played two rounds and finished once in the 400s and once in the 300s) it's more about who you know than what race you are. If you know people who are active and who will defend you (alliance, Gal, Friends... whatever...) then Race doesn't matter that much.
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 19:49   #5
Lοki
God of Fire and Mischief

Lοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the roughLοki is a jewel in the rough

Go and play PLA-NETIA, you'll love it

www.plan-etia.net

only without the "-" cuz it bans the word ********

(or is it actually not allowed to say that name at all?)
Lοki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2006, 20:19   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's not allowed, hence the word being starred out. Any advertising of other games is not allowed. Hopefully a PD mod will come along and sort it out soonish, if you don't read this first. If you do...well, delete it dude.