User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:49   #1
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
F-crew finish 3rd?

Could this really happen? Only myself and 1 other prior to the round speculated that F-crew could finish top 5, however even I am amazed how close F-crew now is to fullfilling this. F-crew have been top 3 earlier in the round and for the majority of the round top 5. Since losing some ranks due to other allies stealing (ok, giving insentives to) some of their top members they have been steadily gaining and rising again, using the tactic of keeping out of inter-alliance wars.

So, can they do it? Could a "training" (I hate that term) alliance beat all bar 2 hardcore ones or will they fall short at the final hurdle?

Cm
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:53   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: F-crew finish 3rd?

I imagine it depends on how desperately the other hardcore alliances want that spot. And please for the love of god don't mention your alliance having members poached unfairly when you're going for the #3 spot with 20+ more members than most of your competitors.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 16:54   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Let's see if NewDawn will now hit F-Crew to "cover their own backs". That seems to be what they do.

Sadly ND have forgotten the lessons of Round 15: don't tempt your enemy to start hitting you to XP past you. At least in Round 15 they were 1st and the target by default.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:07   #4
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Let's see if NewDawn will now hit F-Crew to "cover their own backs". That seems to be what they do.

Sadly ND have forgotten the lessons of Round 15: don't tempt your enemy to start hitting you to XP past you. At least in Round 15 they were 1st and the target by default.
*this* made me laugh. Thanks furball
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:09   #5
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I imagine it depends on how desperately the other hardcore alliances want that spot. And please for the love of god don't mention your alliance having members poached unfairly when you're going for the #3 spot with 20+ more members than most of your competitors.
1) was trying to write it for an outside perspective but I guess thats impossible
2) We are not going for 3rd, its just kind of happening. We have used exactly the same tactics for the last 5 rounds at least
3) Good members leave mid-round with some reason thats obviously untrue (often claiming inactivity). Personally (note that, means not an official F-crew stance but my view) when you train, help and defend a member for 3/4 of the round for other allies to poach them is a bit unfair. We do have this worse than anyone else i believe
4) 15+ is because of the coding, besides if we had less we would just lose those members who are 4+ times smaller than everyone elses smallest and would still be in the running for top 5.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:10   #6
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:

Did last time when we were 3rd and catching them. (before asc)
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:19   #7
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

wait wait, did he describe us as a hardcore alliance??
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:27   #8
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
How are you not? Using the description of non-"training" then you are as I didn't see you accepting brand new players to the game.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:28   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I told you we were hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
1) was trying to write it for an outside perspective but I guess thats impossible
Unless you're a genius like me!
Quote:
2) We are not going for 3rd, its just kind of happening. We have used exactly the same tactics for the last 5 rounds at least
I meant going for in the "oh wouldn't it be nice if we finished there now we have a good shot at it" sense.
Quote:
3) Good members leave mid-round with some reason thats obviously untrue (often claiming inactivity). Personally (note that, means not an official F-crew stance but my view) when you train, help and defend a member for 3/4 of the round for other allies to poach them is a bit unfair. We do have this worse than anyone else i believe
Okay!
Quote:
4) 15+ is because of the coding, besides if we had less we would just lose those members who are 4+ times smaller than everyone elses smallest and would still be in the running for top 5.
First, let's not be silly. You have 30 members more than NewDawn. Even if these bottom 30 were half a million score that would still leave you a further 15 million behind ND and in either #8 or #9 spot alliance-wise. Fair dues and all but let's not go nuts here.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:29   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
How are you not? Using the description of non-"training" then you are as I didn't see you accepting brand new players to the game.
Brand new? No. Haven't played PA since christ was a carpenter? Yes.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 17:33   #11
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Unless you're a genius like me!
/me bows down before the master

darn I mean

/someone bows down before the master

Quote:
I meant going for in the "oh wouldn't it be nice if we finished there now we have a good shot at it" sense.
Ofc it would be nice to be 3rd beats our post PAX best of 6th

Quote:
First, let's not be silly. You have 30 members more than NewDawn. Even if these bottom 30 were half a million score that would still leave you a further 15 million behind ND and in either #8 or #9 spot alliance-wise. Fair dues and all but let's not go nuts here.
Ah, so F-crew can't claim their rank because of the way the game is coded... :P
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:29   #12
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hm let's apply that to Ascendancy and see what happens...oh #1 wasted. Doh.

If Ascendancy has deserved their "victory", F-Crew has deserved their spot at _least_ as much.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 18:37   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

They have a bajillion members - of course they're #4.

I'm not going to lie - I don't really care if F-Crew get 3rd, 4th or 32342nd

It's cool they're a training alliance but training alliances shouldn't be concerned with ranks.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 19:12   #14
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
They have a bajillion members - of course they're #4.

I'm not going to lie - I don't really care if F-Crew get 3rd, 4th or 32342nd

It's cool they're a training alliance but training alliances shouldn't be concerned with ranks.
lol. You've not been near one for a while. We care about ranks as much as the next man, just we don't moan when we don't get it.

So should we just play the game for the training element? This is the attitude that I hate, the non-hardcores are just creating players for the hardcores to take at any time they want.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 19:20   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
No, I'm saying don't claim it's more difficult for you because you've had members recruited away.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 19:45   #16
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, can they do it? Could a "training" (I hate that term) alliance beat all bar 2 hardcore ones or will they fall short at the final hurdle?
I guess it depends on what you call beating them. Yes you might have a better end rank then they will have, but like others said already, with heaving 20-30 more members than any of the other competing alliances its hardly a reflection of the actual alliance strengths. I think you know just as well as "they" do, that should it come to a fight for those ranks you don't stand much of a chance of holding on to your position.

Not that it really matters though, i personally think you still played a nice round, but trying to 'showoff' by implying you actually have/will beat(en) 'hardcore' alliances is something that you certainly shouldn't do. You simply have the advantage that (most of) the other alliances respect the work you do as training alliance and ain't particularly bothered by your achievements rank-wise to do something about it.
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 20:00   #17
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Of 5 alliances.

No offence furball, but from ND's point of view, Vengeance on their own are slightly less threatening than one of the best attacking alliances we've seen recently (eXilition) and their VGN/HR/Subh/LCH backup. There are certainly some similarities, but it's difficult to say these situations are exactly the same.

What ND will do now is anyone's guess
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 20:33   #18
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I remember right Gate (no offence) but most alliances scavenged off ND's roids at the end of the round. Please don't start taking issue with Vengeance in particular over this.

Sure, we're less threatening than eXil. I'll grant you that quite happily. As for last night, things have been resolved amicably and it's thanks to BA that that has been the case. It's nice to deal with HCs who have some common sense; it gets rarer and rarer these days, what with the shrinking the playerbase
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 21:03   #19
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
If I remember right Gate (no offence) but most alliances scavenged off ND's roids at the end of the round. Please don't start taking issue with Vengeance in particular over this.
Well, VGN were one of the more hostile alliances towards the end and were bandied around in all 'exil support alliances'/'axis of evil' accusations, so I threw them in. With the completely different situation (ND are hardly sitting on a pile of roids like, say, Angels are), if VGN were to choose to continue conflict with ND, ND would expect to have the resources to continue to damage and slow VGN rather than having to defend against several hundred incomings from various alliances every night.

However, if VGN and ND don't fight it out, then F-Crew will have a difficult time taking third. If it comes to it, will they hit ND?
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 22:11   #20
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
However, if VGN and ND don't fight it out, then F-Crew will have a difficult time taking third. If it comes to it, will they hit ND?
F-crew have always attacked whole gals, for more profitable in terms of roids and xp for us than hitting 1 alliance, futhermore we seem to have grown an unwritten agreement between a lot of alliances that we will not hit them so they won't hit us without good reason. Therefore I can't see us hitting ND.

Am I reading this right? Are you saying that F-crew are not a real alliance and so can't count our score?
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 22:49   #21
Gate
;D!

Quote:
F-crew have always attacked whole gals, for more profitable in terms of roids and xp for us than hitting 1 alliance, futhermore we seem to have grown an unwritten agreement between a lot of alliances that we will not hit them so they won't hit us without good reason. Therefore I can't see us hitting ND.
Well, assuming ND does not become bogged down fighting someone else who is capable of slowing them down, then it does appear that F-Crew will have a very hard time taking third place. It's very difficult to catch up with an alliance that's ahead of you unless you are vastly superior at roiding, you destroy them through conflict, they get slowed down by someone or something else, or a combination of all 3.

Quote:
Am I reading this right? Are you saying that F-crew are not a real alliance and so can't count our score?
Is that a reply to me, or someone else? :S
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 22:59   #22
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Hm let's apply that to Ascendancy and see what happens...oh #1 wasted. Doh.

If Ascendancy has deserved their "victory", F-Crew has deserved their spot at _least_ as much.
you sure are a definite fast one in terms of getting subtle implications..!
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 23:46   #23
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you sure are a definite fast one in terms of getting subtle implications..!
as subtle as you are with your flames?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 23:49   #24
jerome

flaming & subtlety don't really mix well at all, actually.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 00:37   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
This just made me lol so much that I had to comment it.

F-Crew claiming to be made for people poaching their members? You've been claiming to be an training alliance for member to join other alliances ever since I got back to PA (r12) and now you are claiming that the members wanting to leave your alliance for other alliances is anoying?

Oh, and also, since you now seems to be concerned about your ranks, is it okay if the "non" training alliances starts targeting you for all the roids your 6-7 wavers keep stealing from our members? Or will this be to much to ask?

Last edited by Kargool; 15 Mar 2006 at 00:43.
Kargool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 01:18   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

F-Crew claiming to be made for people poaching their members? You've been claiming to be an training alliance for member to join other alliances ever since I got back to PA (r12) and now you are claiming that the members wanting to leave your alliance for other alliances is anoying?
Of course, every alliance gets pissed off when their best members walk, simply because it's harder to progress without them and train your players to an even higher standard. Just because they are a "training" alliance doesn't mean they shouldn't reap the rewards of that training.

Quote:
Oh, and also, since you now seems to be concerned about your ranks, is it okay if the "non" training alliances starts targeting you for all the roids your 6-7 wavers keep stealing from our members? Or will this be to much to ask?
I doubt they are looking for any charity. But i'll tell you this, it will probably be pretty lousy xp.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 01:30   #27
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

@Kargool

F-Crew is a "training alliance" to help other people into the game, that doesn't necessarily imply they must leave after they were trained .

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:23   #28
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
/me bows down before the master

darn I mean

/someone bows down before the master

Ofc it would be nice to be 3rd beats our post PAX best of 6th

ok ok ok i'll do it /me bows down before the master

I'm just happy despite having a few internal problems this round we're holding out and we have far exceeded my own expectations. I usually don't care too much where i finish or where the alliance finishes because i'm in this to help out other players as much as i can and try to have a good time while i'm at it. However, i cannot deny the fact that i'm over the moon with our performance this round. I don't expect peoples attitudes towards F-Crew to change (i know a fair few people don't like us for what-ever reasons) but i pat the back and shake the hands of F-Crew members for the hard work they've put in.
This being said; it isn't over yet. We're just going to carry on doing what we have been for countless rounds; look out for each other, attack and defend. I'm proud of each and every F-Crewer.

My two cents
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew

Last edited by Razgriz; 15 Mar 2006 at 02:31.
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:23   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Ok a few points here

1) Being a training alliance doesnt mean your aim is to take in players that the other alliances wont , train them up until the last 2-3 weeks of the round only for the very alliances who basically said "screw you" to them to start offering all sort of incentives to join them ( A favourite one often seems to the, this is a once in a lifetime chance, the offer will expire at the end of the round and you probally wont get such a chance again ). Training alliances as much as anyone need these people till the very end of the round and maybe even into next round as they have shown the skills and have now got some experiance to help train the next batch and also to help support the next batch

Every round this type of poaching happens, thankfully most show loyalty and dont buy into the spiel but some dont and when you have spent this time on them it is a kick in the teeth that in the end someone else whom wouldnt take them initially will profit from your work without having to put any real effort into the player themselves And its these people whom always have you doubting if its worth the effort your putting in

2) Ranking isnt at the top of our list, but this doesnt mean it isnt nice. Gaining a good ranking such as a top10 finish often one of the things which helps confirm that what your doing is worth the effort, especially when like the last 2 rounds and this one currently you are top 10 even of your remove enough members to bring you inline with those around you

3) You should get your facts right. If a planet of yours has 6/7 waves that isnt all unless. In most cases only one of those and maybe 2 will be fcrew, on some occasons a third may be. Any other incoming are piggybacking our attack which annoys us as much as it probally annoys you as they often land before or during our attacks this losing members roids

4) if you wish to attack then fine, just keep it fair. We complain when alliances decide to take us out by trying to Smash our smallest members with large number of ships including SK from a much bigger planet, otherwise we just let it slide without a fuss being made
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:33   #30
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

On topic, I would be ashamed if an alliance with 80+ members wasnt a t3 contender.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:46   #31
furball

On topic, there's little value in an established alliance hitting F-Crew. It's terrible politically (since F-Crew do such awesome work with new players) and there's little reward for doing so. Almost all top 10 alliances have worked this out.

As I post, F-Crew sit above us in 3rd. But we still see no point in targetting the good guys of Planetarion when other fatter alliances sit above and below them.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 02:51   #32
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
On topic, I would be ashamed if an alliance with 80+ members wasnt a t3 contender.
That depends really, if your being elitist and your only taking people whom are at your average or even 75% of your average you have a case. Having 80 members when your average recruit is 150k though makes things alot tougher and It certainl doesnt automaically make you a t3 contendor, just look at some of the other alliances with 75+ members which shows this, and you can hardly say they should be ashamed of their acheivments
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 07:32   #33
Rukhsta
old school p0ny.

Rukhsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
On topic, there's little value in an established alliance hitting F-Crew. It's terrible politically (since F-Crew do such awesome work with new players) and there's little reward for doing so. Almost all top 10 alliances have worked this out.

As I post, F-Crew sit above us in 3rd. But we still see no point in targetting the good guys of Planetarion when other fatter alliances sit above and below them.
I'd hit them without a second thought if I thought it would help my alliance achieve a better rank. This is a war game, and F-Crew is playing it just like you are.

You can't pass up an opportunity to better your alliance just because you don't feel like hitting the nice guys. Part of 'learning' to play PA is learning to take incoming - don't give them an easy ride at your expense just because some of them are new.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 08:49   #34
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukhsta
I'd hit them without a second thought if I thought it would help my alliance achieve a better rank.
That's my entire point.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 09:11   #35
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Im not ashamed at all. People have different values in this game, ours (that would be ROCKs) is to enjoy ourselfs, we're a real-life alliance if you will, most of us attack once or twice a week, theres nothing shameful about it.

Continuing the topic, i say well done F-Crew, no matter that people think or say, yes you are still a training alliance at heart, and that clearly shows during defence calls and attack claiming!
Yes it is annoying when people poach your best players mid-round, or infact at anytime, ive seen enough "loyal" members leave ROCKs ranks through the rounds, the ironic thing is most often come back a few rounds later becaus they are fed up with their new alliances 24/7 demands, or simply their new shiny excellent alliance no longer exists while us and the likes of F-Crew are still plodding along nicely...
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 09:49   #36
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
I wouldn't. The average score of an alliance means little in terms of what the alliance has to be proud of. Sure, if your goal is to get the highest average score, and you're snubbed, then you might want to be ashamed. But PA is a game, and one you can play for plenty of different reasons. F-Crew have never stated or implied that their goal is to achieve high rank. For them it's a fun bonus. And if they 'only' end up 4th 'despite' having over 80 members, I say congratulations to them, it's higher than I expected and probably higher than they expected.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:04   #37
Rukhsta
old school p0ny.

Rukhsta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's my entire point.
Well, maybe with ONE second thought, and I might feel bad, but you get the idea.

I'm not encouraging everybody to pound F-Crew, especially, as you say, when there are better targets out there. I'm just saying that if it comes down to it, and you need to hit them in order to succeed, do it.
Unread 15 Mar 2006, 16:12   #38
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukhsta
Well, maybe with ONE second thought, and I might feel bad, but you get the idea.

I'm not encouraging everybody to pound F-Crew, especially, as you say, when there are better targets out there. I'm just saying that if it comes down to it, and you need to hit them in order to succeed, do it.
Sure. But that's not going to happen. If you're close enough to try to pass F-Crew, just XP past them through attacks - being the only option other than actively attacking them.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 01:29   #39
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
That depends really, if your being elitist and your only taking people whom are at your average or even 75% of your average you have a case. Having 80 members when your average recruit is 150k though makes things alot tougher and It certainl doesnt automaically make you a t3 contendor, just look at some of the other alliances with 75+ members which shows this, and you can hardly say they should be ashamed of their acheivments
Sorry but I just have to take offence at your implications that you are the only alliance that accepts members below your average score. Needless to say that you're not.

In shocking news, TGV accepted people less than 50% thier average score at times throughout this round....TGV do look a players potential when considering their applications, even when we advertise that we aren't accepting people below our average, TGV will talk to them and assess them if they apply...and believe me they do. This round TGV were maybe a little more selective mainly due to the inability to actually add members while in the top 5, but when they could be added they were, if they showed promise, but couldn't be added, (and wanted to wait til they could be), an officer was assigned to work with them and help them improve their score/tactics/etc.

So while I do applaud what F-Crew does, it's damn annoying when you try to take the moral high ground on the basis that you do something other alliances also do not (since you can't really know the true recruiting policies of any alliance other than your own).
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 01:53   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Ok a few points here

4) if you wish to attack then fine, just keep it fair. We complain when alliances decide to take us out by trying to Smash our smallest members with large number of ships including SK from a much bigger planet, otherwise we just let it slide without a fuss being made

TGV dont condone attacks with structurekillers unless there is an alliance war going on and they're doing it to us.

But I'll tell ya, each time one of the F-Crew fleets starts to pop up on my screen I start looking for structurekillers because I know for a fact that F-crew is using them. If you dont belive me, scan your own frigging members and have a look for yourself.

Stop pretending to be a shining knight in armor and crawl down into the mud with the rest of us.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 02:11   #41
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
TGV dont condone attacks with structurekillers unless there is an alliance war going on and they're doing it to us.

But I'll tell ya, each time one of the F-Crew fleets starts to pop up on my screen I start looking for structurekillers because I know for a fact that F-crew is using them. If you dont belive me, scan your own frigging members and have a look for yourself.

Stop pretending to be a shining knight in armor and crawl down into the mud with the rest of us.
Please pm me online ([FC]Cm or [FC]Cm-inet) and give me the coords as it is our policy that members are not allowed to build them, we try to not annoy any other alliance and thats all SKs do, which then creates more inc for us to cover. If they are using them I would love the coords, otherwise I expect your intel is wrong (and I actually do think you are likely correct to some extent, we are classed as a "training" alliance, not everyone picks it up.)
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 02:18   #42
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
So while I do applaud what F-Crew does, it's damn annoying when you try to take the moral high ground on the basis that you do something other alliances also do not (since you can't really know the true recruiting policies of any alliance other than your own).
I don't believe he ever said you didn't, just that very few of the top 10 do. You are (although you even admitted not all the time) an exception to the point we have made for a fair while now. IMO if ppl are going to carry on with the whole Hardcore, training (why isnt is softcore??...) alliance thing then I would not expect hardcores to take in unproven members, I would hope they chose their members in the first week of the round or recruited those that leave other hardcores. However, I know I will be wearing a dress if that world was real Hey theres an incentive, only problem is my only female housemate is 2 ft shorter than I am...
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 02:20   #43
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Last i checked any player could attack, and SK's are just part of any fleet combination and down to the choice of the individual running the planet. Quite honestly, if individual F-Crew members have SK's what business is it of F-Crew HC? Did they order their members to get SK's? Did they order this to happen? Can you prove that?

Attacking is attacking is attacking.

I don't see why you're trying to make this into a moral issue. I'm someone who reads this forum, and I don't see F-Crew demanding any special treatment at any stage. They do train up inexperienced players and good on them for that, but I don't think they ask for any more recognition other than the fact that they are doing what they do. While wakey is talking about his smallest members, such a point could apply to any similar sized player in game - in that, planets that small shouldn't really have SK's targetted at them, in his opinion.
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 02:24   #44
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Last i checked any player could attack, and SK's are just part of any fleet combination and down to the choice of the individual running the planet. Quite honestly, if individual F-Crew members have SK's what business is it of F-Crew HC? Did they order their members to get SK's? Did they order this to happen? Can you prove that?
Just to double re-iterate, we do more than don't condone, we banned them like 3-4 rounds ago if not longer. Don't help us and are an annoying part of the game.

Oh and on the asking for recognition thing think Raz did but then he looks like freddy mercury so draw your own conclusions
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 03:34   #45
wakey
Hamster

Do TGV have special classes to teach you how to pick a single line in something and take it totally out of context cos you certainly have a knack for it

Lets first deal with notsure

The post you have quoted was in responce to The_Fish whom claimed any alliance with 80 members whom isnt challenging for t3 should be ashamed. My reply didnt attack any other alliances recruitment, it simply stated that any alliance that had 80 members shouldnt be challenging for t3 simply because of numbers and unless your talking about someone whos being elitist and has 80 members theres no reason for any alliance with 80 members to feel ashamed if they arent challenging for t3.

However seeing as you raised the issue theres a vital term in your comment about TGV's recruitment process and thats the "at times throughout this round". Every alliance in the game recruits well below their average "at times throughout this round" as theres always special circumstances. However at F-Crew and a few other alliances (Rock for example) its not just "at times throughout this round" its the norm day in and day out. That does make us a fair bit differnt to an alliance like TGV but thats your choice to makeand atleast your ranking justifies your more selective recruitment policy.

Now to Kargool, I didn say TGV did use SKers. You asked if its ok for people to hit us and i confirmed we hae no problem getting incoming just as long as those attacking are attacking in a fair manner and dont just go out to pick off new players with kill fleets and SKers as such tactics have no purpose but to drive these players from the game and are tactics which have been employed on us before. Its something now new player should have to put up with

As for your "F-Crew members using SK" claim. Excuse me if I dont take your claim too seriously but you have already shown on this thread that your intel is pretty flawed with your 6/7 fcrew wave claim. It seems to me your either just looking to try and make us look bad or you have simply decided to be too lazy to really check and have just decided that because a planet has all these waves and because one attacker is fcrew all of them are

Now ofc fcrew members will have SKers. For starters any Zik has no doubt stolen some in their battles and we can hardly stop members building them if they want to. We do try to stop SK being used in alliance attacks though and if we find that they have been members will normaly get a first and final warning unless they have a very good reason. You will certainly never have seen me suggesting SK should be used or even recommending building any
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 12:53   #46
[Joa]
F-crew BC and Recruitment

[Joa] has a spectacular aura about[Joa] has a spectacular aura about

How nice, dose this make you ppl feel like having a longer dick then everyone else?

And by the way, its not just to recruit to top5! Its a hell of a job to be a officer or just a member in a training alliance... You have to deal with alot more then other alliances... And what whould the game done without F-crew and f.eks rock, noone would have done the shit work!

Ghost-[Joa]
Round 7: [LOST] [IPC]
Round 7-10.5: [IPC]
Round 11: [F-crew] (in like half round)
Round 13-18: [F-crew]
---
[F-crew] - You know when you've been [FC]uked

Abused in [F-crew] or by allied of [F-crew] since R2
[Joa] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 13:13   #47
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Joa]
How nice, dose this make you ppl feel like having a longer dick then everyone else?

And by the way, its not just to recruit to top5! Its a hell of a job to be a officer or just a member in a training alliance... You have to deal with alot more then other alliances... And what whould the game done without F-crew and f.eks rock, noone would have done the shit work!

Ghost-[Joa]
[Joa] you haven't changed a bit.
Still a big mount as usual

/me sighs
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 15:04   #48
Fal
F-Crew BC

Fal is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the alliance limits were in place not to hinder an alliances progress, but to stop one alliance taking all the high score/value players and running away with the game? As it stands now, many alliances can challenge top 3 (such as F-crew), and therefore provide further challenge to the top tier alliances who wish to stay top 3. In my opinion it pomotes competition, which in the end is the objective of the game

Patience is a Virtue.... Procrastination is a Sin
Fal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 16:06   #49
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Hmm, maybe we really shouldn't post threads in our irc channels...
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 16:16   #50
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

Maybe yhey should have kept the 50 max alliance members hardcoded and no exceptions what so ever. Would be interesting to see where F-crew as a "fellow trainingalliance" would have ended up then.