User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 Jan 2006, 06:22   #1
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all
Probably some very stupid questions

These are probably dumb questions but I couldn't find the answer to them on #planetarion so I thought I'd ask here and ask all the little things bugging me all in one thread

Roughly how many people are there expected to be in the universe this coming round?

Exactly how many people will you have per galaxy?

In what round did PA have the biggest member base?

What colour are your undies?

I've got more questions but I'll save them for later on.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 08:25   #2
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Probably some very stupid questions

no idea how many people will sign up....
depends how many buddypacks are made and how many people go random...
i'd guess round 3/4? i could be wrong tho.
black.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 08:48   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Roughly how many people are there expected to be in the universe this coming round?
* at the moment around 1k sogmed i[
Exactly how many people will you have per galaxy?
* starting with 5 buddy packers + random people sign ups
In what round did PA have the biggest member base?
* round 3
What colour are your undies?
* grey
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 09:18   #4
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

1. i personally doubt there will be more than 3k.

2. galaxies like cypher said.

3. round 4

4. blue with a lump sum of yellow and brown spots.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 09:47   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

1) currently 1.6k, we're assuming 3k or so for the beginning of the round

2) based off current buddypack situations, as of yesterday it was 12-14 people per galaxy (up to 5 people from buddy backs, the rest randoms). We expect this to go down nearer tick start, as more people sign up and sort out buddy packs.

3) Round 4, people throw around numbers like 180k planets (and 10k players :P)

4) None, I just got up. Commando ftw
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 11:20   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it usually around 2k that sign up for the paid rounds at this stage? (this is ofc a good thing )

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 11:45   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it usually around 2k that sign up for the paid rounds at this stage? (this is ofc a good thing )
no its normally around 2k by tick start, not all of them upgraded ofc

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 11:48   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster

2) based off current buddypack situations, as of yesterday it was 12-14 people per galaxy (up to 5 people from buddy backs, the rest randoms). We expect this to go down nearer tick start, as more people sign up and sort out buddy packs.

3) Round 4, people throw around numbers like 180k planets (and 10k players :P)

4) None, I just got up. Commando ftw
remind me to not come over to your place and sit on your chairs :P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 13:38   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
no its normally around 2k by tick start, not all of them upgraded ofc
Thats what I meant, so hopefully we'll see a slightly bigger universe this time around

I'm hoping for 5k by the end of the round, and I really think that it may happen

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 17:57   #10
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
remind me to not come over to your place and sit on your chairs :P
Good point.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 18:50   #11
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
4. blue with a lump sum of yellow and brown spots.
I hate to know why you have yellow and brown "spots" (or stains?) in/on your underpants.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:55   #12
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
I hate to know why you have yellow and brown "spots" (or stains?) in/on your underpants.

try to guess

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:01   #13
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
try to guess
The poor guy had an unfortunate incident involving his washing machine, a chocolate bar, and a yellow highlighter?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:23   #14
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
The poor guy had an unfortunate incident involving his washing machine, a chocolate bar, and a yellow highlighter?

to be honest, i wont remember how i got these spots there

chocolate yea, some called it like that

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:41   #15
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Tried to drop the cosby's off at the swimming pool, but they hit land instead?
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:53   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ill just answer the improtant question.

My boxers are Black with red hearts all over
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 21:52   #17
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
what are you talking about ?
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 22:13   #18
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explode
what are you talking about ?
Land = underpants.
Water = toilet.
Cosby = something brown and not generally pleasent to handle.

Simply said
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 22:26   #19
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
im not willing to answer

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 22:44   #20
Explode
Blasting Caps

Explode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura aboutExplode has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Land = underpants.
Water = toilet.
Cosby = something brown and not generally pleasent to handle.

Simply said
sweet now i get it...thanks..
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 10:39   #21
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious if there have been more signups than usual, this being a free round and stuff.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 10:41   #22
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I'm curious if there have been more signups than usual, this being a free round and stuff.
it looks like there will be more signups than usual by the start, but not a huge amount more than normal. I think though we will see growth through the round to a greater extent than we do normally as alliances will have space to add people.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2006, 14:59   #23
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
it looks like there will be more signups than usual by the start, but not a huge amount more than normal. I think though we will see growth through the round to a greater extent than we do normally as alliances will have space to add people.
very sad tbh

i didnt expect an explosion of planets but to me it looks not even more like 10% than before. if pa doesnt get a bigger planetbase with a free round how then ? :/

there would be like 3 rounds free in a row needed to get that - in my opinion.

i guess pa is doomed :/

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 15:15   #24
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
very sad tbh

i didnt expect an explosion of planets but to me it looks not even more like 10% than before. if pa doesnt get a bigger planetbase with a free round how then ? :/

there would be like 3 rounds free in a row needed to get that - in my opinion.

i guess pa is doomed :/
I think it will be more than 10% more - if we include the accounts that have not activated yet we have about 2k people currently. This should increase by a reasonable amount before tick start, I think we just have to wait and see. And lets be honest the overall number of players isn't that important - what we need to do really is try try and increase the number of accounts that play an active role in the community.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jan 2006, 15:17   #25
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I think it will be more than 10% more - if we include the accounts that have not activated yet we have about 2k people currently. This should increase by a reasonable amount before tick start, I think we just have to wait and see. And lets be honest the overall number of players isn't that important - what we need to do really is try try and increase the number of accounts that play an active role in the community.
yea you surely have a point there. the more planets with an active role the more fun is it. but i doubt the current core of planets suddenly change. ( i mean these who sign up every round and play but dont want to be connected with the rest )

the more planets join the game the higher is a chance that some of them will like pa - and take an active role in the community.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 08:22   #26
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Anyway thanks for answering my questions so rapidly, If I stumble upon anything else troubling and that I cannot solve with my own limit intellect I'll post on this thread, thanks again people
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.