User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2006, 15:45   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mobile Phone Complaints Thread

Weve had a few "Help, i need a new phone" threads recently but its a while since we had a good old fashioned network provider bash. Hence , I shall begin.

My partner has a current contract with O2, which is nearing expiry. After 6 months, she was having trouble with them month after month which resulted in her phoning up and telling them she wished to cancel her contract.

To keep her on the network, they gave her a "Loyalty Bonus" which meant she got a discount on her monthly tariff (£30 to £15) which she was happy with. In November, she asked about what she could get when her contract ended if she was to continue her contract. They said she could get a free phone, but she wanted an XDA II. They advised that if she renewed her contract with them in January 2006, they would be able to provide an XDA II for £99, or they could sell her one there and then for £280.

The contract is up in 3 weeks time. She phoned O2 today to ask about delivery times for the XDA II when she renewed the contract.

"Were sorry. The person you spoke to lied to you. We cannot provide you with that phone, on your current contract , for less than £249."

So the options here appear to be

1. Pay £249 for the phone she really wants.
2. Find another mobile provider that will take her business and can provide a similar PDA and a similar contract.
3. Find a way to keep the existing number, take no contract at all, but have all calls to her existing number forwarded to a Manx Mobile (not ideal, but a last resort).

Hopefully the boffins here have a few alternatives, or some ways in which we can minimize the expense of switching networks. I have a grand total of **** all faith in O2 now as their "Help"desk appears to contradict itself when it suits and simply cannot deliver anything they promise.

(No, shes not like me in that she takes the name, number and time of call when dealing with companies that have a reputation for lying to their customers)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 15:48   #2
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future
Re: Mobile Phone Complaints Thread

If you look around a few of the network providers have exactly the same phone as o2's xda IIs but under different names and colours. I'm not sure whether this is the same for the xda II.
Don't know f that's any help to you at all.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 15:58   #3
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
If you look around a few of the network providers have exactly the same phone as o2's xda IIs but under different names and colours. I'm not sure whether this is the same for the xda II.
Don't know f that's any help to you at all.
Ive had a good look around, and no networks provide anything the size or scope of an XDA II on a monthly or pay as you go contract. Ive tried Vodafone/Three/Virgin/T-Mobile.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 16:16   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

aren't you supposed to be able to take your number with you to any provider you want?
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 16:19   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
aren't you supposed to be able to take your number with you to any provider you want?
Yes, Within the UK

The Isle of Man is a crown dependancy, but is not a part of the United Kingdom.

Hence, can only transfer the number to another UK provider.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:47   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Ok, sounds like a typical thing I run into all day.

People on the phone make bullshit promises because they dont simply know what direction the business takes in future.

My advice would be to right a shitty letter.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 18:49   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Ive tried Vodafone
Yes we do.

I can get my hands on very similar stuff pretty easily, but not on the same sort of priceplan they're running at the moment.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 19:26   #8
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Do you know how much she pays roughly per month Kura? The upgrades are worked out on how much they spend and then allocated a band.

I think the person you spoke to the second time is probably bullshitting. As you can get the new XDA Mini S much less than the price they are saying for the XDA II, which is old in comparison.

The call centres have just done a mass recruit so there is a lot of people who are new and under training. If she rings again ask them to read the notes on her account about the deals they offered her.

Or you could go into an o2 shop and get them to ring through for you. Make sure they ring the upgrade line to work out the banding as you usually get better bands this way. If it is done through the computer your likely to get quite a wank banding unless you pay more than £25 a month.

Not all o2 employees are useless.
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 19:27   #9
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Also complaining alot and asking for your PAC number often do the trick to getting better deals/what you want.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 16:56   #10
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I work at Phones4u. We don't do "super ace" deals.

Sorry.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 17:13   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

I'm getting a SE k750i any day now, from o2. I know it's not the latest and greatest, but it's free!
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 17:20   #12
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
I'm getting a SE k750i any day now, from o2. I know it's not the latest and greatest, but it's free!
It's ok. But it might crash as much as the k700i. And 64mb of external memory is not as great as w800i's 512mb.

But it's a good phone anway. Congrats.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 18:03   #13
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
It's ok. But it might crash as much as the k700i.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...0242&fid=21839

I don't have the usb cable, or I'd have updated my t630 before now, plus one of my friends has one and he's not complained about his.

Quote:
And 64mb of external memory is not as great as w800i's 512mb..
http://www.mobymemory.com/Memory_Sti...FUBvEgodTyIACQ

I would get a 2GB one, but that's a bit too pricey for me, so it'll just have to be a 1GB sandisk effort.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 18:38   #14
Madina
TashTastic

I have a K750i on o2 and updated it to the latest firmware using the Sony Ericsson Update Service (on the SE site). Ironed out all the random crashes, gave me better reception, the camera is better and also the speaker is now louder.

Its worth doing and its piss easy todo.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:14   #15
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

What about an IPaq?
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 20:47   #16
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I have a K750i on o2 and updated it to the latest firmware using the Sony Ericsson Update Service (on the SE site). Ironed out all the random crashes, gave me better reception, the camera is better and also the speaker is now louder.

Its worth doing and its piss easy todo.
That is good to know
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 02:03   #17
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not all o2 employees are useless.
Nope its just all the good ones are overburdened with dealing with the fallout from the bad ones.... I hate callcentres...

O2: Changed my contract with no contact to myself after 6 months, doubling my monthly costs (without change of useage) from a reasonable 30quid a month to a staggering 60quid a month. Dispite this, forced me to stay for the year (so they can break contract, but I cant?), then took 2 months to cancel AND didnt give any of the loyalty stuff they promised when I signed up to them...

All in all, my experience... ****S
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:49   #18
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderbunny
O2: Changed my contract with no contact to myself after 6 months, doubling my monthly costs (without change of useage) from a reasonable 30quid a month to a staggering 60quid a month. Dispite this, forced me to stay for the year
Are you sure you didn't sign up for a contract where the first 6 months were half price?
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 01:52   #19
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I work at Phones4u. We don't do "super ace" deals.

Sorry.
A sales assistant at Phones4U did try to give me a second hand phone (after claiming it was brand new) which was pin-locked from the moment I turned it on. Unsuprisingly I rang them up and told them that they had the time it took me to get a bus back into town to get a PUK code from O2 (very engaged) and some form of compensation/apology. Even when I did return it (about 90 minutes after purchase) they still didn't cancel the contract properly leading to me having to deal with O2 debt recovery when I refused to pay for recieving no service whatsoever. (phones4u are not one of my favourite companies)
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:19   #20
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
A sales assistant at Phones4U did try to give me a second hand phone (after claiming it was brand new) which was pin-locked from the moment I turned it on. Unsuprisingly I rang them up and told them that they had the time it took me to get a bus back into town to get a PUK code from O2 (very engaged) and some form of compensation/apology. Even when I did return it (about 90 minutes after purchase) they still didn't cancel the contract properly leading to me having to deal with O2 debt recovery when I refused to pay for recieving no service whatsoever. (phones4u are not one of my favourite companies)
Should have come to my store. Would have given you an excellent service imo.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:29   #21
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
Are you sure you didn't sign up for a contract where the first 6 months were half price?
If that was the case I was:

a) not made in any way shape or form aware of this when I got the phone
b) was lied to when I went into an O2 shop to enquire why my bigs were suddenly skyrocketing

Plus I seem to remember getting a txt saying that the contracts were now changing to new and improved contracts. it was about 4 years ago when BT Cellnet became O2
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 02:31   #22
Chunderbunny

My best mobile phone experiences by far came from Orange pay as you go, with various text top ups put on top of it, about 2 years ago. I was down to about 10-15 pound a month under that scheme
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 08:37   #23
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Should have come to my store. Would have given you an excellent service imo.
We actually get alot of problems from carphone warehouse (who are just plain shit). Phones4u arent that bad. I did have a problem with them connecting someone who wasnt 18, thats all though.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 08:39   #24
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
To get your PUK code for o2 look here. Looking there can solve a few problems.
Unread 7 Jan 2006, 08:40   #25
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
What about an IPaq?
I hadn't actually heard of one so i googled it and they don't seem that bad. Cant advise you more than that as i haven't used one first hand - sorry.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:48   #26
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
We actually get alot of problems from carphone warehouse (who are just plain shit). Phones4u arent that bad. I did have a problem with them connecting someone who wasnt 18, thats all though.
Well most Phones4u stores connect people who haven't been in the country for over 3 years.