User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:01   #1
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Failed cov ops

Would it be fair if we give planets a bonus when they stop a cov op?

say planet A cov ops planet B, Now if planet A succeeds we all know the results. But if planet A fails, why don't we give planet B like 20% of the cash it costed planet A in the first place?

In all aspects of the game you get rewarded for doing something well, why not get rewarded for blocking cov ops. This way there will be less support cov op planets aswell as it could benefit their targets aswell (even tho obviously not alot)

Any thoughts?
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:15   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Failed cov ops

I like it. But it could be abused in this way: You make your friends or possibly multi-accounts to cov-op your planet. Then you will stop many of the cov-ops and you gain resources easily.
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:15   #3
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

There already is a benefit, you find out the covoppers coords.
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:16   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
Personally I've NEVER cared about who cov-oped me. Who does? Who goes bashing the cov-op planet to dust when they find out he's been cov-oping you?
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:32   #5
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
yes real advantage as mostly it is someone small who you can't hit anyways.

and about being abused yes nadar it can be... but it won't get you much res... plus you can just as easily sign up farms for that... or have planets attack you and you get salvage...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 12:34   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it doesnt have to be much res per operation, economies of scale where hundreds do it hundreds of times to one person can add up to a sizeable amount.

all in all - far too abusable
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 13:17   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, actually the main benefit of blocking the operation is that it didnt succeed in the first place - ie, if you didnt stop it, it would have cost you cash/time, and thus by stopping it you dont loose that cash/time, and thus you receive benefit.

I love economics
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 15:33   #8
TSP

TSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura about

Don't you already get a (admittedly tiny) XP gain from blocking covert ops?

Personally I don't see how a resource bonus would help as stopping people covert opping you is an incentive in itself.
TSP is offline   Reply With Quote