User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 10:58   #1
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Top planets per alliance ...

Based on JBG's thread and assuming the top100 he listed is correct or atleast the most up-to-date available one, I made a list of howmuch top100 planets each alliance has, so here it goes:

Exilition: 25
LCH: 16
NewDawn: 13
Angels: 12
1up: 6
TGV: 5
Subh: 5
VGN: 4
ROCK: 3
F-Crew: 2
Reunion: 2
BIG: 1
HR: 1
ToF: 1
xVx: 1
SaX: 1
Hidden A: 1
Unallied: 1

This is, according to my math skills, about 100 planets (Thx to Yggdra who compensated my lack of basic math).

Nway, things that are obvious to me, looking at this list, is that the top5 alliances posesses 70% of all the top100 planets and that the winner of the round has the biggest share in this. Also the alliances that fought the least (ND and LCH) have a remarkable high amount of top100 planets, while alliances that have been in war the entire round but didn't come out as winners (1up and Angels) have slightly less top100 planets.

Looking at a planet point of view, a war is only good when it's won. The efforts an alliance put into a round, the endless fighting and never giving up is not translated into top100 planets. The military strength of an alliance is also not translated into military strength. Avoiding wars or starting them very late (and thus not having the same constant incs other alliances that fought all round) does translate into top100 planets...

Other remarkable things are that being unallied in a political fluid round, where alliances are in constant war, isn't all that bad. Look at Leg (for a large part), Rob and Borgoroth ... 3 good players and they managed to end top100. I bet in a huge blockwar, they'd have had a far harder time because once a block wins, it goes for the other fat lplanets.

What's also remarkable is that the alliances that assist the top alliance (napped, allied, blocked, whatever) also have a considerable nice amount of top100 planets.

Ofcourse there alot of other conclusions I and/or others can make from this. But it seems while a war should be rewarding for an alliance, it seems it's more rewarding to stay clear of the wars (looking at a planet POV). So the ambition of an alliance and a planet (both wanna be the best) is often achievable in the exact opposite way as the other.

Nway, feel free to discuss. Don't flame cause well ... that'd be lame

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 28 Dec 2005 at 13:46.
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:29   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: Top planets per alliance ...

To me Kjeldoran, this is another post of yourself moaning and bitter about Angels lack of political skill.

You chose to start a war early (certainly not as early as 1up were at war) and weren't good enough to win it.

To write a post saying that ND had more top 100 planets because we stayed out of wars might be true, but thats your own fault for not grasping the political situation too well. And you certainly wasn't saying we were staying out of wars when we decided to attack you.

The rest of your analysis is pretty obvious...
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:39   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Seems to be an accurate commentry.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:46   #4
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
To me Kjeldoran, this is another post of yourself moaning and bitter about Angels lack of political skill.

You chose to start a war early (certainly not as early as 1up were at war) and weren't good enough to win it.

To write a post saying that ND had more top 100 planets because we stayed out of wars might be true, but thats your own fault for not grasping the political situation too well. And you certainly wasn't saying we were staying out of wars when we decided to attack you.

First ND post and a flame already ...

I'm not bitter at all and Angels doesn't lack any political skills. All I did was stating howmuch top100 planets each alliance has and give me OWN interpretation to it, something you're allowed to do aswell. Yes I do find ND has so much top100 planets cause they didn't fight a single war in the first half of the round.
I'm not bitter cause I know when it comes down to it, we could have beaten ND (military spoken) but not with Exi and co on our backs ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:46   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
When it comes to political skill the buck stops at the HC
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:48   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
When it comes to political skill the buck stops at the HC
Mind you, I did not do much politics for Angels this round. so blaming this on the obvious "ohh but you have Kj" arguement is laughable and pathetic, but what would you know, right?

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 11:57   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I'm not bitter cause I know when it comes down to it, we could have beaten ND (military spoken) but not with Exi and co on our backs ...
Maybe you could, maybe you couldn't, we'll never know.

The fact is, you did not beat NewDawn. The fact we didnt start any wars in the first half of the round proves what exactly? we're not idiots? we don't start wars we can't win at such an early point as to ruin our round?

Your post is basically saying eXi have the most t100 planets because they won (fair enough, be pretty odd if they hadn't won with those t100 planets), LCH and ND have so many for avoiding wars (you avoided wars with us also), Angels and 1up being much better than LCH and ND this round but because you fought long wars you suffered more casualties (boo hoo, cry me a river, that was YOUR CHOICE KJELDORAN. Your choice, and you noobed it)
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:01   #8
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Other remarkable things are that being unallied in a political fluid round, where alliances are in constant war, isn't all that bad. Look at Leg (for a large part), Rob and Borgoroth ... 3 good players and they managed to end top100. I bet in a huge blockwar, they'd have had a far harder time because once a block wins, it goes for the other fat lplanets.
Can only speak for me and a bit for my tagmates( Borgoroth who ended even higher than me in top 100 and Rember who ended top 150) - not being in an alliance ( the reunion tag with 3 people cant be really count as an alliance).

We 3 were cathaar and had another cathaar attackpartner (who was in an alliance) - due to the leaked intellist of xvx and the intel we got us ourselfs we were able to avoid the top 4 (here exil, nd, angels and 1up) and roided the planets which were in our point of view in "weaker" alliances.

also we took quite "weak" gals with 2 or 3 good targets (for co and cr). With 4 people or better 8 fleets it was quite easy to roid them. on the other hand we got roided very often too but the xp-factor was the winner for 2 of us 3. (i had 2,4 mio value in the end and it was harder to get good xp - thanks again here to my galaxy which defended me bravely all round and made my top 100 finish possible).

Well, we didnt need to care for defense nore we got involved in any wars and could do what we want. we didnt attack the big alliances because we wanted to avoid retals - besides occassionally random raids on our juicy planets we stayed quite untouched.

It was a great and fun round

Edit : this was the first time since i play i wasnt in an alliance (since r3) and it was my best ranking by far....
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*

Last edited by Legator; 28 Dec 2005 at 12:08.
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:10   #9
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Maybe you could, maybe you couldn't, we'll never know.

The fact is, you did not beat NewDawn. The fact we didnt start any wars in the first half of the round proves what exactly? we're not idiots? we don't start wars we can't win at such an early point as to ruin our round?

Your post is basically saying eXi have the most t100 planets because they won (fair enough, be pretty odd if they hadn't won with those t100 planets), LCH and ND have so many for avoiding wars (you avoided wars with us also), Angels and 1up being much better than LCH and ND this round but because you fought long wars you suffered more casualties (boo hoo, cry me a river, that was YOUR CHOICE KJELDORAN. Your choice, and you noobed it)
lol, I'm not for a split second complaining that we chose to start a war with Exilition. At that time it was the right thing to do because we wanted to win rather then waiting for someone else to do it. And yes, in the end they won that war due to several already mentionned reasons.

I don't get the part where you call us idiots (for starting a war) or where exactly we noobed it? Because please enlighten us where we noobed it. Losing a war against a strong enemy and being outnumbered (400 calls a night) isn't being noobed ...

Mind you, this thread wasn't meant to dig at anyone. I'm just stating the facts and then make a conclusion. My own conclusion, one I base on how I perceived the round and on how I respect alliances. At no point did I state that everyone should read it like that. I mean, I ASKED for it to be dicsussed yet you took it as an insult and acted upon that.

So again, let's skip that part and if I came over abit insulting towards ND then I apologize because that was not my intention.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:14   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
Well, we didnt need to care for defense nore we got involved in any wars and could do what we want. we didnt attack the big alliances because we wanted to avoid retals - besides occassionally random raids on our juicy planets we stayed quite untouched.

It was a great and fun round

Edit : this was the first time since i play i wasnt in an alliance (since r3) and it was my best ranking by far....
Well, like I said ... It's indeed easier to avoid hitting big planets and not having to worry about retals when you're allianceless. You also don't have to bother on organised hits on you (unless your galaxy is tagged for tonight by some alliance).

I'm sure it must be a fun round, there's alot less to worry about and alot less to take into consideration.

Though I think the political situation of last round was a great help for any solo planet in general. There were rounds where the block already won after 3 weeks and where it'd have been impossible to be allianceless and have a big fat juicy planet without any of the block noticing the so obvious easy roids

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:24   #11
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Though I think the political situation of last round was a great help for any solo planet in general. There were rounds where the block already won after 3 weeks and where it'd have been impossible to be allianceless and have a big fat juicy planet without any of the block noticing the so obvious easy roids
it clearly played into our hands, we were more than happy that many alliances battled it out. and i hope coming rounds are similar to this one because allianceless people have better chances to survive then.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:27   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
it clearly played into our hands, we were more than happy that many alliances battled it out. and i hope coming rounds are similar to this one because allianceless people have better chances to survive then.
Out of interest, are you gonna remain allianceless next round?

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:30   #13
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't get this reply tbh. All i see is Kjel making a relatively unbiased analysis of the top100 planets listing reasons for certain alliances having a high amount of top100 planets or not. I don't see him saying that desicions made by said alliances are crap or something, all he mentions is reasons for them doing so well or so poor. From what i see he is only right in his post and certainly doesn't earn a reply like that that seems to be the "oooh, Kjel again, he has been negative about my alliance before, and i see ND there.. must be negative... counter post!!!", try read his post again and you see all he posted is what is right :-)
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:43   #14
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Just to add something to Kjel's math skills, eXilition even had 25 top100 planets. No idea though where you lost the last planet.

Am not going to join the discussion about if ND deserved to end up where they ended up etc. I mean who cares? The round is over. The only thing you (this aint a you in the "you Kjeldoran" way, its a "you all"-you) could do is take a look at the top100 and say "Congrats. Alliances like Hidden Agenda, [BIG] and SaX managed to have a planet in the top100." and after that calm down and wait for the next REAL round to change what you think the top100 should look like.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:46   #15
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
Out of interest, are you gonna remain allianceless next round?
cant really say tbh - but i doubt many alliances would want some inactive like me :/. i cant be on irc on daytime cause of work and i cant or better cant be arsed to stay on for tp´s and launching to the time most alliances do these things.

honestly, the way we attacked - someone put up some coords in the topic of a channel, added his landing tick and the other 2/3 people just added other planets of that gal or other landing ticks on already taking planets (= waving). we mostly prelaunched on them....

it was so relaxed and unstressy that i doubt i would want to join one of the current alliances. on the other hand i miss being in a war but i couldnt take properly part anyways due to my irc-times. (maybe i could but i would lose alot fun and the game is about fun).

i liked the way we in the reunion tag played

wow that was a long answer to a short question lol.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 12:55   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

To Wandows: Thx, it was my intention to make an objective analysis without judging whether a certain decision was right or wrong ...

To Yggdra: In my first count, I counted 27 Exi planets, in my 2nd I counted 23 and in my 3rd and 4th I counted 24 All in all, I'm still missing 1 planet hehe

To legator: Yeah, a long answer to a short question but a satisfying answer ... though looking at your end score, I don't think an alliance would mind hosting you, apart from the fact that you'd have a hard time joining the attacks and that you could be unreliable when it comes to defence since you're not on IRC much

Also, another question, do you reckon you'd have a higher score this round if you joined one of the top alliances?

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:18   #17
cbk100

cbk100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to add a little thing to what is allready said. I actualy think wars pay off. After all EX has for sure been the alliance fighting the most wars this round. We have beated up a lot of planets and we have gotten beaten up very nicely too. The main thing is that EX has the moral to do it. The moral to fight on even when ppl are down to like 100 roids and can see no clear signs of improvement. Most other alliances doesnt have that and that is what makes wars a bad thing for them.
Wars are evul to be in and unless you come out as the winner or manage to end them early its for sure very hard to come back. This is also why I think it should be a bit harder to attack compared to defend cause then wars doesnt last as long as the winner of the war will not benefit for as long time as they do now and we will avoid the long wars where alliances are just getting slaughtered.
The most obvious example this round is 1up. EX more or less just keept hitting 1up even though they were far down. If it hadnt been that easy to attack and so hard to defend then EX would not have benefited from keeping hitting 1up and that would have given 1up a fair chance to actualy play this round.

cbk
cbk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:23   #18
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:

To legator: Yeah, a long answer to a short question but a satisfying answer ... though looking at your end score, I don't think an alliance would mind hosting you, apart from the fact that you'd have a hard time joining the attacks and that you could be unreliable when it comes to defence since you're not on IRC much

Also, another question, do you reckon you'd have a higher score this round if you joined one of the top alliances?
nope, i doubt i would have such a score. as explained before I was able to decide where and what i attack and when to launch and how to launch etc also my galaxy defended me a hell of alot - even the randoms, i once had like 10 ingal fleets.

when i am in an alliance i have to defend and to join their attacks which is nothing bad and of course as a member you ahve to join the allianceattacks because you play in a team and attack for the good of the alliance but that also means that you maybe dont get the nice targets etc. we in reunion had only nice juicy targets and we barely defended each other (due to lack of fleets of the others :P).

if i were in an alliance i maybe would have been a top 5 defender with 4 mio score, im on irc early morning for like 30 mins before i go to work - enough time to send 2 fleets. im talking here about past experiences

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:33   #19
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Mind you, I did not do much politics for Angels this round. so blaming this on the obvious "ohh but you have Kj" arguement is laughable and pathetic, but what would you know, right?
The buck stops at HC and I mean all HC (without naming all the allys and HC)
IF a bad or incorrect political decision was made the HC as a whole have got to admit liability and not blame one of their fellow HC. (Does that mean alki, Alch is one of the HC messed up if you didnt do much politics? It would be a bit crap to put it at one of your fellows HCs door.) Not I am saying Angels had a bad round if anything I was fairly impressed by angels.
You seem to be the voice for angels for the AD forums... A sum what tool for politics. I am not out to flame you or anything. As I will be doing with Subh as a HC is to assess our strengths and weaknesses from this round and look to improve for the next round. As I am sure any HC worth their salt will be doing.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:33   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk100
Just want to add a little thing to what is allready said. I actualy think wars pay off. After all EX has for sure been the alliance fighting the most wars this round. We have beated up a lot of planets and we have gotten beaten up very nicely too. The main thing is that EX has the moral to do it. The moral to fight on even when ppl are down to like 100 roids and can see no clear signs of improvement. Most other alliances doesnt have that and that is what makes wars a bad thing for them.
Wars are evul to be in and unless you come out as the winner or manage to end them early its for sure very hard to come back. This is also why I think it should be a bit harder to attack compared to defend cause then wars doesnt last as long as the winner of the war will not benefit for as long time as they do now and we will avoid the long wars where alliances are just getting slaughtered.
The most obvious example this round is 1up. EX more or less just keept hitting 1up even though they were far down. If it hadnt been that easy to attack and so hard to defend then EX would not have benefited from keeping hitting 1up and that would have given 1up a fair chance to actualy play this round.

cbk
I think I fairly stated that. Wars are not beneficial unless you win them. While I feel fighting a long war and losing in the end is not such a shame, you gave it your best go and you kept attacking and never giving up ... but those things don't show on the top100 planetlist.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:34   #21
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:

I wouldn't try and take credit for something you didn't do if I were you.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:39   #22
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
The buck stops at HC and I mean all HC (without naming all the allys and HC)
IF a bad or incorrect political decision was made the HC as a whole have got to admit liability and not blame one of their fellow HC. (Does that mean alki, Alch is one of the HC messed up if you didnt do much politics? It would be a bit crap to put it at one of your fellows HCs door.) Not I am saying Angels had a bad round if anything I was fairly impressed by angels.
You seem to be the voice for angels for the AD forums... A sum what tool for politics. I am not out to flame you or anything. As I will be doing with Subh as a HC is to assess our strengths and weaknesses from this round and look to improve for the next round. As I am sure any HC worth their salt will be doing.
heh, I just thought you were saying "ohh but Kj probably did politics as he posts so much on AD, so no wonder their politics must have sucked" ... And to that I reacted that I did fairly little politics.

alch did most of our politics and he did a great job. But some pple have a very wrong conception when it comes to who they think does what in Angels (in general), and I'm sure to some it's just easy to have a go at me because I'm not the most diplomatic HC

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:41   #23
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Being solo surely gave us a quite easy round. Only being targetted during galraids or by some ppl trying to attack on their own. But being in a rather big gal helped against that. I have seen so many incs on my galmates due to their ally-wars but my planet was mostly untouched :-(

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:42   #24
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Shame on you Kjel. The missing planet is even Angels member. You had 12 top100 planets and not 11.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:44   #25
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
Shame on you Kjel. The missing planet is even Angels member. You had 12 top100 planets and not 11.
that was on purpose !!! I wanted you to find it

nway thx for completing the list

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 13:55   #26
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

This is not flaming Kjeldoran.

But I looked at sandmans today and counted days angels/nd did see red.

And I come to the conclusion that ND did have 13 bad days, and Angels did have 12.

So clearly even tho you where fighting wars early on, you didn't fight any big wars, you didnt' resive the incs.

After ND got in war with eXi , we recived all the incs each night. Allmost. ( This is very easy to spot on sandmans, you shoulnd't even need glasses ( could be a problem if your color blind tho ) )

So basically Angels are more shit than nd, since we got hit harder but still managed to have more top100 planets than angels.

Not sure if I am flaming, jus listing some facts
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:03   #27
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
So basically Angels are more shit than nd, since we got hit harder but still managed to have more top100 planets than angels.
You're quite a comedian
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:05   #28
The_Fish
ND

In all honesty, Angels probbaly did take more incs than NewDawn, but the facts are that they chose to have enemies all round long, and are now pointing out reasons why Angels don't have as many t100 planets as other alliances.

You are claiming military strength isn't shown in the t100 list. Well you're probably right, but since when is PA based solely on military strength?
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:09   #29
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
You're quite a comedian
Its my job to make AD funny
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:14   #30
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
In all honesty, Angels probbaly did take more incs than NewDawn, but the facts are that they chose to have enemies all round long, and are now pointing out reasons why Angels don't have as many t100 planets as other alliances.

You are claiming military strength isn't shown in the t100 list. Well you're probably right, but since when is PA based solely on military strength?
thx for correcting spritfire cause he post was a load of bollocks (no offense). Everyone knows Angels had a far rougher patch and far more calls to deal with then ND.
And yes, we chose to have wars all round long. We do not regret that.

Also we have 1 less top100 planet then ND and before ND jumped in on our war against Exi, we had 22 top100 planets. My point was, whether you keep fighting or not, whether your alliance showed its military potential or not, this is not visible in the planet top100 rankings.

Again, my initial post was an observation, the_Fish. You cannot deny what I said there is true. I did at no point judge you, did at no point judge your decision to avoid wars and I did in general just state what happened and what the inflluence of that is on the top100 planets. At no point did I try to insult your alliance, I'm quite dissappointed you took it as that though

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:19   #31
Spritfire

Can you prove that Angels have hadd more calls than ND ?
if not I suggest you keep that out of here then.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:21   #32
The_Fish
ND

I didn't claim any of what you said is untrue.

You seem to be congratulating yourself on not winning but having good military power, whilst attempting to put others (ND, LCH) down for not being as good militarily but outsmarting you. If I'm wrong, I apologise, maybe I'm expecting a put down from every post you write that involves us, going from your previous comments.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:37   #33
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh noe.. dont do this again... Cant you guys make your own Angels vs NewDawn forum and discuss?
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:40   #34
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I didn't claim any of what you said is untrue.

You seem to be congratulating yourself on not winning but having good military power, whilst attempting to put others (ND, LCH) down for not being as good militarily but outsmarting you. If I'm wrong, I apologise, maybe I'm expecting a put down from every post you write that involves us, going from your previous comments.
Yes you are wrong. And it's quite sad if that's your expectation. It says more about you then about me if you already assume I'd post against you before you even bother reading the content ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:43   #35
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Can you prove that Angels have hadd more calls than ND ?
if not I suggest you keep that out of here then.
Yes, I base myself on a post The_fish made a few weeks ago stating ND has about 200 calls a night during war and thus far less before that (more then half the round). Angels on the other hand had 200-250 calls all round and some nights even upto 400 calls.
I assume The_Fish can read his defencebot logs and has no reason to lie about the numbers here.

I think it's obvious for everyone to decide which of the 2 alliances had far more incoming and calls to handle with during the entire round.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 14:44   #36
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Oh noe.. dont do this again... Cant you guys make your own Angels vs NewDawn forum and discuss?
If you don't like it, don't read nor post on this thread. If you do, try to atleast post something that has remotely something to do with the topic.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:08   #37
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

so Angels got more inc then ND, eX got more inc then Angels.

your point is?

imo Angels was good military, tho you made bad decisions who to attack and when. as you attacked ND for roids some nights and they held grudges against you, after that you sneeky hit eX when they are at war with 1up. Angels made ND hostile to them, and eX who avoided Angels to fight their own war, who you think eX would hit after 1up dies? and ofcos ND wanted some revenge.

could go different tho, eX kills 1up, Angels goes after ND full scale and fights eX later, tho you would prolly have lost (coz eX military is stronger + members morale is far higher then Angels which has mercenaries fighting for them)

p.s. recruiting ministry wasnt smartest thing to do, as ofcos 1) they die/quit easily 2) they only played at Angels for 1 reason which is to fight eXi, some fight that they wouldnt win anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:27   #38
Spetzer
Just a *****

Spetzer is infamous around these partsSpetzer is infamous around these parts

ND boys should chill out a little and watch kjel´s original post before posting anything.
Spetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:33   #39
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
so Angels got more inc then ND, eX got more inc then Angels.

your point is?

imo Angels was good military, tho you made bad decisions who to attack and when. as you attacked ND for roids some nights and they held grudges against you, after that you sneeky hit eX when they are at war with 1up. Angels made ND hostile to them, and eX who avoided Angels to fight their own war, who you think eX would hit after 1up dies? and ofcos ND wanted some revenge.

could go different tho, eX kills 1up, Angels goes after ND full scale and fights eX later, tho you would prolly have lost (coz eX military is stronger + members morale is far higher then Angels which has mercenaries fighting for them)

p.s. recruiting ministry wasnt smartest thing to do, as ofcos 1) they die/quit easily 2) they only played at Angels for 1 reason which is to fight eXi, some fight that they wouldnt win anyways

Well, I think we made the right decision when to attack eXilition, and the wrong decision when to attack NewDawn. We attacked eXilition why they still had a war going with 1up, and as such, we gained an upper hand against the enemy we saw as the strongest opposition for the top 1 finish. The choice was to either do that, or to fight eXilition when they had all fleets free when 1up were dead. It was a decision, that made the round better for all alliances, in my opinion, had eXilition not had to fight both 1up and Angels at one time, I believe they would have won far earlier.

Going after NewDawn while we were fighting eXilition, I did not really agree with, but seeing as they attacked us so often, and got easy roids while our defense was already out, well, I can see the logic at least. And to the "morale" part, I've never seen so good morale as the core in Angels had, we have a solid core that kept playing untill the last tick. However, as you say, some people who are not core, did quit earlier. Some due to real life reasons (wich I can respect), some lost morale (wich I disrespect :\), and some just lost all their fleet, and grew quite useless. And I respect Ministry for wanting to fight eXilition, don't you? I believe it gave us a better round (:

PS: Love the quote in your sig. <3 Tesla

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 15:38   #40
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN

Sadly but true. Though I've had enough talks with Tesla and co ... I don't think there are any hard feelings between us (bar that they all seem to dislike me now ).

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:04   #41
Exode
W00f w00f w00f

Exode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really niceExode is just really nice

Good post KJ. On spot i believe

Exode
Exode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:38   #42
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Quote:
Yes, I base myself on a post The_fish made a few weeks ago stating ND has about 200 calls a night during war and thus far less before that (more then half the round). Angels on the other hand had 200-250 calls all round and some nights even upto 400 calls.
I assume The_Fish can read his defencebot logs and has no reason to lie about the numbers here.

I think it's obvious for everyone to decide which of the 2 alliances had far more incoming and calls to handle with during the entire round.
Sorry but that is absolute crap. ND was taking +400 calls on nights we were at war. Hell we were being hit by 6 alliances at one stage with more shit coming at us jumping on the band wagon. We were being hit by these 400 fleets for at least a week, at the very least. so that is for a start 400 * 7 (which my calculator tells me!) is 2800 fleets in one week.

Im sure i read eXilition stating that they received approximately 6k calls. With ND receiving this much concentrated incoming in just a week how can you even attempt to say that Angels had a far greater amount of calls than ND did over the round?

Angels were never hit hard except for 3 nights, you know that, i know that. I know that because i helped set the damn thing up on 2 of the nights. You got eXilitions flak inc for the last week or so of the round, that was waht, 200 fleets? eXi/LCH/Subh piss out 400 fleets every night as easy as pie. If you can show me anywhere on any stage except the one night where the vast majority of the universe hit Angels (Ask yourself why that happened for a start...) that you received more incomings than ND did in this week then please im happy to see it.

I believe eXi received the most incs at aprox 6k, i think ND then took about 5k and 1up took about the same amount, Angels imo languised at approximately 4k. These are however very rough guesses/estimations so could be wrong.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:48   #43
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
I believe eXi received the most incs at aprox 6k, i think ND then took about 5k and 1up took about the same amount, Angels imo languised at approximately 4k. These are however very rough guesses/estimations so could be wrong.
Hilarious ... The first month and a half, you took like what .... 10 calls a night? Let's not kid ourselves, you had a free ride until the first night Angels decided to hit ND.

I don't get it how you could possibly claim ND had more incs then Angels based on an entire round ??? You only fought for like 1 month, during that month you hardly had any 1up incs and apart from maybe a week or 2, you didn't had Angels inc either ...

Angels had a solid 200 calls A NIGHT non stop (bar some easier night, but they were rather rare) and we even had peaks of 400+ calls, imo asmuch as ND had those.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:52   #44
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

200 calls every night throughout the round? please enlighten me where they actually came from, what alliances i mean? Because it wasnt randoms praying off your easy roids.

And no we had approximately 30-40 calls per night up until we hit the war. That still is what, 4 weeks of that much incoming then concentrated nights of 200-500 incoming fleets. The fact remains that Angels were never the number 1 target. eXi hit 1up, Angels jumped in. Okay you may have got retal'd the odd night, but you never took as much incoming as 1up did during that spell. Then eXi hit ND, once again, never really swatted Angels except for a few random nights. eXi did target angels for a period of 3-4 days yes, but from what i heard from your members and eXi it was pretty much eXi hitting them, not there flacks as well. So what can we say there, 200 fleets max 300?
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 16:52   #45
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Hell we were being hit by 6 alliances at one stage with more shit coming at us jumping on the band wagon.
Whats that? Lots of incommings when you're roid fat and #1? NEVER!

Anywho. Max, the joke's wearing thin, kthxbye.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:00   #46
Mystical

Mystical has a spectacular aura aboutMystical has a spectacular aura about

Fighting a war causes less top 100 planets that is sure. Look at top 2 LCH they fought a war, but not as long as the other top alliances. Their top 2 planets have , MAINLY due to this only lost 200 roids or something over the whole round. (not 100% accurate but it should be close). Ex top planets per example (and also ND's and Angels (except mayb goku) have lost enormous much roids. But does this mean wars have to be avoided? Depends what you wanto achieve. If you wanto achieve top planets it often comes with not becoming #1 (not always ofcourse) and if you wanto be top alliance... well, start living with loosing tons of roids and therefor less chance on a bigger spot. It takes more to get a top rank in an alliance fighting then in an alliance semi-fighting for sure.

Blue tears never dry..

Mystical
Mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:06   #47
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
200 calls every night throughout the round? please enlighten me where they actually came from, what alliances i mean? Because it wasnt randoms praying off your easy roids.

And no we had approximately 30-40 calls per night up until we hit the war. That still is what, 4 weeks of that much incoming then concentrated nights of 200-500 incoming fleets. The fact remains that Angels were never the number 1 target. eXi hit 1up, Angels jumped in. Okay you may have got retal'd the odd night, but you never took as much incoming as 1up did during that spell. Then eXi hit ND, once again, never really swatted Angels except for a few random nights. eXi did target angels for a period of 3-4 days yes, but from what i heard from your members and eXi it was pretty much eXi hitting them, not there flacks as well. So what can we say there, 200 fleets max 300?
Did you play this round? ...

We never were the main focus of any alliance? God, I think I must have logged on on the wrong server then ... Get a clue, seriously.

Exi did indeed target 1up first but we started hitting Exi pretty soon in the round aswell. From then on we had constant incs, mind you, appart from the nights we ended in red, we had TONS of nights with only 2-3% roidgrowth. Those nights were also heavy nights, but we 'just' managed to cap more then we lost.

Also where the hell you get those 400 incs a night on ND from? Only Exi and their flak hit you, Angels never full time.

You of all pple should know the incs we had to endure when fighting a war with Exi. Not only did we have to deal with exi and allies, we also had the random hits AND ND who went for the easy roids ...

I can't grasp the fact that you'd claim ND had a harder ride (more calls) then Angels ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:19   #48
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

as for ND... you guys should really tell fish to lighten up... he's acting like kjel used to whenever someone mentions ND and it's getting quite sad... don't know why you changed like that fish. hope you grow out of it again. ( no offence kj, you actually improved... (a bit))

Secondly as for cbk's post saying wars do pay off. I disagree and think kj is right in his initial assesment. Wars ONLY pay off if you win em, which is what he said. Just look at exi and 1up. Both fought same amount of wars (I can't think of anytime 1up didn't fight a war or when exi didn't fight a war) and the winning alliance has more t100 planets. I can't remember any round where the winning alliance didn't have most planets in top 100 for that matter.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:21   #49
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

people screaming 200 to 500 fleets per night every night should get over themselves aswell as no alliance had that. Screaming about high numbers like that which aren't true don't make you look cool or something.
Besides that most of those fleets we're recalled within the hour and most likely didn't even need defence so they don't count.
Unread 28 Dec 2005, 17:23   #50
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
Fighting a war causes less top 100 planets that is sure. Look at top 2 LCH they fought a war, but not as long as the other top alliances. Their top 2 planets have , MAINLY due to this only lost 200 roids or something over the whole round. (not 100% accurate but it should be close). Ex top planets per example (and also ND's and Angels (except mayb goku) have lost enormous much roids. But does this mean wars have to be avoided? Depends what you wanto achieve. If you wanto achieve top planets it often comes with not becoming #1 (not always ofcourse) and if you wanto be top alliance... well, start living with loosing tons of roids and therefor less chance on a bigger spot. It takes more to get a top rank in an alliance fighting then in an alliance semi-fighting for sure.
since when did LCH fought in any wars? they only launched on some targets they could hit and help exi... no-one REALLY hit them back in return tho as far as i know. a few simple attempts but no full scale alliance attacks, which in return makes solo attacks ineffective.