User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Oct 2005, 19:10   #1
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
congratulations PA team

I dont know who you are, but i just like to say the following.

I stopped playing PA in round 8 i believe and returned 3 weeks ago. And i like to congratulate you guys on making this game MUCH BETTER. Loads of changes compared to the first 8 rounds, and i am sure hardcore players have loads to whine and nag about, but all i can say is I ENJOY IT!. I bought 9 credits for next round, i will play and will try to get a few friends to sign up also. The game is nicer, easier to play if you cannot be oline 24/7 or want to have a rl and just in general things have been made better and easier

Well done. I am back to stay!
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 19:20   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: congratulations PA team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrid
i am sure hardcore players have loads to whine and nag about, but all i can say is I ENJOY IT!.
Actually, most hardcore players I've spoken with far prefer PAX to old PA.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 19:53   #3
sigrid
hated dead or alive

i actually ment to say that there is always improvement possible in some ppls eyes
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 19:56   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I truly agree.

I returned this round, after being gone for four rounds, making this my first PAX round. And i thought it would be boring. Though after i got used to the new way of playing i greatly enjoyed it, since i thnik both the setup and the shipsstats are very good. Ok so alliance wise it was a little boring towards the end but in general excellent.
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 20:14   #5
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

*waves to sigrid

I enjoy PaX a lot more than old style, i play/ed a few old style clones and they seem so... basic and unchallanging now, just a shame i dont have the activity to make best use of that fact!
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 22:35   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Thank you :-).
Hopefully, future improvements will again improve the game rather than make it more "basic and unchallanging".
We'll try and keep the game accessable to new players, while making the variety provided by Engineering etc more pronounced, to make the game a bit more unpredictable.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 10:42   #7
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

horn just come and play eve with me silly
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 01:26   #8
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

tbh...i quit pa and elysium in round 9

i got reintroduced to the game back in round 11 and ive been here for 3 rounds so far. Pa is indeed as addictive as i remember and im loving it

long live pa

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 02:13   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I can support that. Allthough I bitch alot about PA at times. I think that PaX++ is extremly good. (but dont quote me on it)
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 10:20   #10
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

You make my stomach have lots of butterflies all of you! :-) *hugs*
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 12:44   #11
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I was always one of those people popping onto forums from time to time saying that PA need at least 20k players to be fun (so i didn't join). I had played from round 4 to 7 which was great fun even though I wasn't in an alliance or anything.
Having just played round 14 I can just say that the new version of the game is FAR FAR better than before even though the player base in 14 was quite low.

Roll on round 15
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 08:23   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Humpf - i was expecting this thread to be very sarcastic actually. Its a great feeling to be complimented for a change (even if i am not actually PA crew ).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 08:49   #13
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigrid
And i like to congratulate you guys on making this game MUCH BETTER.
Don't say that

Jolt will think they're doing a good job & made a good investment

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 09:15   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Lets just hope we continue to move forward - games like this need to continually improve and offer new challenges if they are to survive in a world dominated by Eve et al.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 09:59   #15
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Lets just hope we continue to move forward - games like this need to continually improve and offer new challenges if they are to survive in a world dominated by Eve et al.
The same is true for games like Eve or actually i guess for any kind of software.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 20:38   #16
sigrid
hated dead or alive

I guess you have to have a break for a few rounds and play other games to appreciate PA again. Tho i must say i DO miss the large number of players. Altho prolly half of them were multies way back then
But anyways, I EVEN LOVED HAVOC!
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 21:43   #17
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

pffffffft old pa > new pa :P i still can't stand the fact it's useless to play after you got 8k roids. it's just not the way pa should be played imo :P
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 21:50   #18
sigrid
hated dead or alive

nah, old PA owns only community-wise i think. It was special, rounds 2-3-4(parallels in that round i believe fs) because there were so many ppl playing and everybody knew everybody. But that all has changed, the alliances have etc, but the game, purely the game, is nicer Up to us to rebuild that old pa community then
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 10:40   #19
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
pffffffft old pa > new pa :P i still can't stand the fact it's useless to play after you got 8k roids. it's just not the way pa should be played imo :P

No pleasing some people, give yourself a good slap!

Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 10:48   #20
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

/me dies from shock

A post!!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 17:47   #21
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point

/me waves to sigrid

Get rads back too!! i do miss him

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2005, 22:19   #22
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Lady
No pleasing some people, give yourself a good slap!

actually he has a good point, why is their a limit of 8K roids? I don't understand why it's needed - the wars are all mostly won by this time anyway so its only a few planets who'll get above 8K roids anyway.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 09:40   #23
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

He may well have a good point. But I can't comment further.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:31   #24
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If I remember correctly the 8000 roids mining limit was introduced back then to set a limit to the growth-rate of the top planets.

However, with such a small playerbase only very few people reach this limit anyways. Removing it? Unsure, that would require more hct researches.
Unread 16 Oct 2005, 11:47   #25
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

The limit is rarely reached as you guys mentioned...
But that doesnt make it useless

I suppose that limit is their to keep those planets touchable *cough*