User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:25   #1
The Master

Job Well Done

I think it's rare to see praise around here (especially from me), seeing as how the majority of us are european, so I'd really like to take this opportunity to congradulate someone.

When the round first started it certainly seemed to me that Cats had the upper hand with respect to the stats, but now that the round has matured and panned out the races have really come out very nicely balanced on the whole.

Code:
              Terran          Cathaar        Xandathrii       Zikonian 
Top 10:       4 (40.00%)      3 (30.00%)     1 (10.00%)       2 (20.00%) 

Top 100:      18 (18.00%)     26 (26.00%)    31 (31.00%)      25 (25.00%)

Great job Appocomaster, you effectively single-handedly produced a very nice set of stats this round

Last edited by JC; 16 Sep 2005 at 17:36.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:30   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Job Well Done

pfft caths had the early upper hand it seemed but once the anti cr got flowing the late winner tbh is bs.

Its slapping most people about.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:35   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've edited your table so it's easier to read, hope you dont mind .
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:40   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Thank you. I didn't create the stats alone (obviously ) - Sovereign, Kezari, and MadnRisKy (to name a few) had an impact on them (most of the people beta testing, and on the forums, commented on them, and this was all taken into account). If you read the forums (strategy and suggestions) there's more threads on what will happen for next round's stats - hopefully they'll be as succesful.
And yes, at the end of the day, with so much anti Cr being pumped out, the Spider+ Co fleet, Bs fleet and Fi fleet seem to popular.
Unread 16 Sep 2005, 17:42   #5
The Master

Modest
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 05:05   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Noone would be very suprised when I critisise the stats, I still think that the stats basically needs some changes. FR fleets getting beat the crap out of and FI fleets are still abit to weak imho.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 05:56   #7
hobo
Cliff Jumper

hobo is an unknown quantity at this point

someones a xan
R14-16 1up MO
R30 hirr lemming

May the souls of a thousand furry lemmings take up residence in your cereal.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 11:16   #8
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I blame the cath hype for the silly ammounts of anti CR floating the universe.

Lets not hype the stats next round shall we, I want to bash people
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 11:28   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

tbh, if something is generally "too strong", most alliance members end up building more and more things that target the overpowered ships to compensate. Then something else becomes too strong, so that gets built more. If the round was much longer, there'd have been a lot more anti bs around, and anti cr would have reduced slightly (although it's still effective as it stops Syrens)

It just has to be possible in the stats for these changes to happen - as long as it's possible for most/every race to defend ship combos to SOME extent, it means that which ever combo becomes popular and most powerful can, over time, be stopped.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 11:52   #10
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
Thank you. I didn't create the stats alone (obviously ) - Sovereign, Kezari, and MadnRisKy (to name a few)
*Cough*
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 12:15   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
*Cough*

Yes who are you, can we help you?
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 14:12   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of the best stats i've seen in my entire pa history.
Every race has it's own strenghts/weaknesses that you need to deal with.
And for xan fi being weak... I totally disagree
Great job appoco & the others that helped, looking forward to seeing the new stat for r15

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 16:00   #13
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Yes who are you, can we help you?
i think hes got a bad cough *shrugs*

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 17:44   #14
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

it's amusing to say the stats are suddenly good... they are most definetaly not good and never have been this round heh... tis just 1up won the round and 1up has a lot of people that aren't caths. if ND had won the round you'd see entire top 10 being cathaars...

these facts have nothing to do with how stats are made tho. no offence to whoever made em.
cath still is by FAR easiest ships to attack with.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 17:58   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
it's amusing to say the stats are suddenly good... they are most definetaly not good and never have been this round heh... tis just 1up won the round and 1up has a lot of people that aren't caths. if ND had won the round you'd see entire top 10 being cathaars...

these facts have nothing to do with how stats are made tho. no offence to whoever made em.
cath still is by FAR easiest ships to attack with.
Maybe the fact that ND has so many caths was part of the reason they didn't win though? I'd certainly imagine it made it harder for them to effectively defend their roids under concentrated and repeated incoming.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 21:37   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Just looking at the top 100 does give a very skewed view on what the races are like. If you go here you'll see that Cats are in fact the best race (You have to look at how few they are in number, then you'll see that a lot of them are in the top 500). You'll also see that Terrans are very shit since so few of them are in the top 500 and their average score is so low. Though I guess you'll always get that to some extent as the freebies who sign up late in the round tend to go Terran and not look at the manual before making their choice. Xan and Zik look about right.
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 12:01   #17
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe the fact that ND has so many caths was part of the reason they didn't win though? I'd certainly imagine it made it harder for them to effectively defend their roids under concentrated and repeated incoming.
dont really agree... imo cath is still easiest way to defend vs any race... as they are strongest vs fi
co they come second
fr they are very good
de they have a problem...but heh who gets de incs anyways?
cr they are best by far and bs they are quite good aswell
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 12:32   #18
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
dont really agree... imo cath is still easiest way to defend vs any race... as they are strongest vs fi
I attack a 2k roid target with 200k FI. Which is more likely to make me pull, 10k sentinels (240k value), or 20k beetles (1m value)?

Quote:
co they come second
Agreed.

Quote:
fr they are very good
To be fair, they're not as good as xans, terrs or ziks (vsh, syren and clipper respectively)

Quote:
cr they are best by far
Again, I hit someone with 2k roids with 4k CR... which is more likely to make me pull, 5k scarabs (1.25m value) or 500 dragons (425k value)?

Thanks to the nature of EMP, you don't generally need as much defence to save a cathaar, but due to the fact that they can quite easily be flakked through with FI, DE, CR, BS and occasionally FR, they tend to receive more incs and be easier to hit with multiple waves, meaning they don't tend to keep their roids as well under concerted incoming...

I'd say that xands are probably the best defensive race this round, with their only real vulnerability being against CR/BS or a FI/CO combo (Which kinda roids anyone tbh)
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote