User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 16:31   #1
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough
Xontas

I know this is not normally the done thing but I feel I should inform that due to ongoing personal disagreements with other members of the team I've taken the decision to remove Xontas from his role in PA Team as our Head MultiHunter.

I'd personally like to thank him for all his hard work over the past year and a bit, his obvious passion for the game had made him a great asset and he has taken a lot of criticism whilst doing his role, the vast majority of it unfair.

We hope to have a new chief multi-hunter in place in the coming days.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 16:48   #2
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xontas

OMG! There is actually some life in Jolt!, i thought they all died by now.

As for Xontas, i don't see why he got sacked over 'personal disagreements'. I always thought that its good for a business having different point of views on things for working out a solid strategy (getting insight in different point of views). Very bad for the game to see a very active helper leaving like that, and it sucks even more to see him being removed by ppl that never show their face in public (yes it would be good to actually have some interest shown by Jolt, but i guess that is never going to happen). But i guess Jolt has a business to run.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:04   #3
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds oh so familiar, someone disagreeing with someone jolt hold in higher regard (even if they are incompetant ..) and either been forcibly removed, or given very subtle hints they are not welcome.

So he disagreed with someone over some things? he was good at his job, and actually active. Its not going to be all buttercups and sandfairys, a difference in opinion is actually a GOOD thing, adds another angle to things which someone else might not see.

Grow a Clue.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:10   #4
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

thats for that great and uplifting responce from you biffy, to bad its only there because people are upset about you canning my ass for objecting to 90%+ of kals desisions and supporting those with arguments that go totaly ignored

i will not go into great detail on the forum because i got told telling my story here will result in removal and banning
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:13   #5
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

A difference of opinion is fine, so long as it is expressed in a way that is constructive which has not been the case here.

With regards to the game I'm pretty active, I play every round (get smashed every round too), login at least 2-3 times most days to check payments and ensure in-game support is being handled. I also check these forums a few times daily to ensure I'm aware of any issues.

As for the longer-term view of the game we've had some problems with coding but we're hoping this will be sorted in the next couple of weeks as we've now hired someone to code the game. More on this in due course.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 17:24   #6
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasn't doubting your activity biffy (i remember from my time in pateam you were around when it mattered, which in fairness is when you should be there as the jolt rep) - i just can't see how you can sack someone over a difference of opinion .. if that was the case non of pateam froma few rounds ago would still be there ..

oh ..

wait ..

Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:04   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

way to get rid of someone who was decent in PA Team!

Another **** up from Jolt! Congrats!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:20   #8
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

/me watches smudge's sig and smiles
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 18:23   #9
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

GL in finding a new chief for MH team.

Wheter the decission to kick him was correct or not I wont comment on as I dont fully know what happened.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 19:13   #10
xontas

i would love to give you a full explination from my side (yes there are always 2 sides) but if i do i was told this tread would be removed and my forum account baned

so i wont unless biffy tells me that i can do it without risk of that
you could ofc mail me to get that sorted
kal told me my e-mail addy will stay active

[email protected]
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 19:54   #11
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you should hire me!

Id be a fantastic MH.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 20:11   #12
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

While I've not exactly been in favour of most of xontas' decisions in the past, sacking him after the work he has done for this game is completely out of order. Sorry to hear you go xontas, perhaps you can now play the game and actually get some nice comments from people ^^

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 20:37   #13
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The people that actually do things seem to either get fired or quit, while those that hang around and do nothing for months/years on end are never under threat. Heh.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 20:48   #14
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. I'd love to know the reasoning behind this decision. I mean, was xontas really having a detrimental effect on the team or the game? IMO, no, but I'm "not in-the-know".

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 21:03   #15
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well what can i say :/ Xontas was the person who gave me my shot as an admin and a MH. He didnt even know me to well but he gave me the chance and with him and ph8 training me i feel i have become a decent MH today. But xontas wasnt only just my boss and mentor he was a friend.. he was the one who put me forward to getting into the PA Team and ill never forget that.. he always looked out for me ect and he was always there to help members. He was active and a hard worker and im sorry to see him being fired. So xontas.. I LOVE YOU

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 21:15   #16
xontas

thanks mate, but i only give changes to people that earn them so........
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 22:19   #17
The Real Arfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
i feel i have become a decent MH today
lol (just kidding m8 )

Unread 27 Aug 2005, 22:41   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

you know. times like this i really wish we could just explain the whole story. all i'll say is that it was far more than simply 'disagreeing'
i think letting xontas go was done with the best intentions of the team and i know since you didn't see it on the inside you won't understand, but all you can do is trust us and see how things pan out.

that said, xontas did an absolutely amazing job filling in phil's shoes (though i'm a tad biased there :P) and he definitely had a passion for the game taht a lot of people seem to lack. i wish you nothing but the best xontas.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 22:57   #19
xontas

thanks aryn

ok, its official now
i asked biffy to give me a change to explain exactly what happend from my point of view
i even offered him that he could read it before posting
but he doesnt want me to post anything here
so i have no choise but to listen as he will ban my ip if i dont

this forces me to put it up on my own site and that will pop up in my profile

goodbye freedom of speech
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 22:57   #20
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
you know. times like this i really wish we could just explain the whole story. all i'll say is that it was far more than simply 'disagreeing'
i think letting xontas go was done with the best intentions of the team and i know since you didn't see it on the inside you won't understand, but all you can do is trust us and see how things pan out.
No offence, but long term PaTeam service imho hasn't really shown us that we can trust PaTeam that they do the right thing. There is quite a gap between the community and PaTeam in terms of knowledge and ideas on the game, let alone the gap between the community and Jolt. It might be good to realize that the commutiy and customers of the game like to know what the hell is going on with the product they pay for. Since PaX (Jolt) PaTeam went more and more to the background planning and developing (hah) PA, we hear nothing, hardly anything has changed in the past 5 rounds. I just wish sometime we could go back to the old days were there atleast was a feeling that the developers / creaters had interest in the players and listened to what they had to say (Creators hour, creators speaking to the community about long term plans etc). Suggestions are being made, and approved / declined, and disappear never to be heard of again. I (and with me many others) have no idea what PaTeam is effectively doing to better the game (apart from multi-hunting perhaps) and community. And as long as you keep being closed to the community, i doubt ppl will ever really trust PaTeam in their doing.
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 23:49   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
Excuse me for being blunt but that was the most cocky ass arrogant reasoning i've seen in my time in PA. Hiding the real facts about why you decided to let a person go only gives us the reasoning that you guys dont really have a good basis on kicking him for. I have worked with organisation in about 10 years and giving an explanation like you do now only validates the arguments about the PA crew finding a scapegoat for their own ****ups.

Unread 27 Aug 2005, 23:54   #22
xontas

i did get very abusive at kal
i am not alowed to say why but i did use some ver nasty words to express how i feel about the guy

i call it honesty some call it abuse
thats fine
but aryn does have a point

if you want to know what exactly pissed me off to the point i forget my normal way of acting
ask me sometimes or mail me
you wil get a honest awnser
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 01:34   #23
smeg9
Ex EL High Command

smeg9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
login at least 2-3 times most days to check payments
^^ That doesn't supprise me.

I will say one thing about Jolt.

PA has now got some fantastic servers and hosting! It's always fast (helps that I'm on broadband now too, but the old days it would always be slow) and the uptime is great. So they make a good host

But PA does seem to be loosing it's "spirit" perhaps it is me, getting older...

but I don't know anyone now, involved in PA team (I never REALLY new Xontas) but things move on I guess, and while I think it's a shame that Xontas isn't being allowed to explain publically what happened, I don't see why. He wasn't an employee as such.. but he loves the game and doesn't want to be banned, which I respect.

Sure it seems he lost his temper.. People to grom time to time. But as a volunteer, who evidently was passionate, surely taking 15 minutes to settle would be the better option.

It doesn't matter really, I know I am just "dribbling"

Basically, it's a good thing what jolt have done to the hardware investment, but any hosting company could do the same....

I think something needs to change, whether it's a full advertising campaign, and getting us (the community) closer to jolt and what's going on (no more secrets on stuff) a decent portal with all the goings on posted up, I like to read them, instead of "Game started" "Game Ended"
BORING!

Run PA as a commercial product, not a side line, bring back the thousands of players, Jolt has the means.. Google Planetarion and "online games" doesn't even bring up google sponsored links...

Just my late night two cents
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 06:02   #24
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9
and while I think it's a shame that Xontas isn't being allowed to explain publically what happened, I don't see why. He wasn't an employee as such.. but he loves the game and doesn't want to be banned, which I respect.
Xontas, as a multihunter, was privy to certain information that is deemed to be sensitive. Ie, he could potentially know the co-ords of every alliance, have access to everyone's login times (And thus activity), certain IP and other information and so on. The tools available to MH are extremely extensive which is why there are so few cheaters around these days.

However, to gain access to this sensitive information, Xontas had to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Jolt, covenants including things like being prohibited from being in an alliance (as obvious conflict of interest was there), and also things like critical comments about the game of Jolt and a few other things that i've forgotten. It is the these reasons why i, and i daresay quite a few other people in the community, have refused to sign the NDA that jolt offers to get into top management and control positions to help the community as a whole. I, and others, help as much as we can, but untill the NDA is relaxed or the admin tools are adjusted to shield sensitive information to a select few (whilst leaving common problems open for more general people to fix), the customer service of PA Team can only continue to fall. Fortunately, i have raised this with Biffy last night on IRC (and he hints at this in the final paragraph of his first post in the Kloopy thread), but i think there is this attitude that there is alot of time to be had before it all comes crashing down.

Anyway, Xontas cant comment as he is legally obliged not to (we had a discussion on this on IRC last night too ).

Quote:
Sure it seems he lost his temper.. People to grom time to time. But as a volunteer, who evidently was passionate, surely taking 15 minutes to settle would be the better option.
Quite frankly, i agree - there simply isnt enough people around who are active yet willing to sacrifice their alliance connections and community to continue the volunteer work. Even if Xontas' actions have in the past been somewhat rash, there is no denying his skills as a MH were superb.

I, as i have expressed to him already, wish Xontas the best of luck in whatever he may pursure into the future.

/me waves.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 07:39   #25
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Isn't it a bit harsh saying, yeah we fired him but we're not really telling you why and he can't really explain either? Would it be wise to actually put it on PD like this in the first place?
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 07:51   #26
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think that firing your Head Multihunter warrants the community to be informed of the change, but not necessarily explained why the change was warranted.

The difference is fine, but important .
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 08:18   #27
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
thanks aryn

ok, its official now
i asked biffy to give me a change to explain exactly what happend from my point of view
i even offered him that he could read it before posting
but he doesnt want me to post anything here
so i have no choise but to listen as he will ban my ip if i dont

this forces me to put it up on my own site and that will pop up in my profile

goodbye freedom of speech
Perhaps now you understand why I was so adamant in my refusal to sign the NDA* or work directly under Jolt.

* Obviously MHs need to sign it for other reasons, but there were no real reasons for mods to.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 08:32   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Keep it in the team for gods sake.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:24   #29
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Xontas, as a multihunter, was privy to certain information that is deemed to be sensitive. Ie, he could potentially know the co-ords of every alliance, have access to everyone's login times (And thus activity), certain IP and other information and so on. The tools available to MH are extremely extensive which is why there are so few cheaters around these days.

However, to gain access to this sensitive information, Xontas had to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Jolt, covenants including things like being prohibited from being in an alliance (as obvious conflict of interest was there), and also things like critical comments about the game of Jolt and a few other things that i've forgotten. It is the these reasons why i, and i daresay quite a few other people in the community, have refused to sign the NDA that jolt offers to get into top management and control positions to help the community as a whole. I, and others, help as much as we can, but untill the NDA is relaxed or the admin tools are adjusted to shield sensitive information to a select few (whilst leaving common problems open for more general people to fix), the customer service of PA Team can only continue to fall. Fortunately, i have raised this with Biffy last night on IRC (and he hints at this in the final paragraph of his first post in the Kloopy thread), but i think there is this attitude that there is alot of time to be had before it all comes crashing down.

Anyway, Xontas cant comment as he is legally obliged not to (we had a discussion on this on IRC last night too ).

Quite frankly, i agree - there simply isnt enough people around who are active yet willing to sacrifice their alliance connections and community to continue the volunteer work. Even if Xontas' actions have in the past been somewhat rash, there is no denying his skills as a MH were superb.

I, as i have expressed to him already, wish Xontas the best of luck in whatever he may pursure into the future.

/me waves.
fun thing is that kicking me out voids that contract
i had my lawyer look at the contract and the fact that its not dated and not co-signed my jolt also doesnt help things
then we have dutch law that says that any contract signed in holland falls under dutch law and in holland contract are void when you get fired!

so no i am not under a NDA and feel free to tell you what ever i wish, i just dont want to lose my forum account over it
and the fact that they fear my opinion should tell you something

anyway i am off andminning a game for a guy we all know and love (one that wears dresses when he loses bets) so i will life
but i feel offended about the treatment i have gotten after 2 years of putting in most of my spare time (and some of my sleep time)
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:26   #30
xontas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
i would love to
but for that i would actualy have be part of a team
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:45   #31
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9
PA has now got some fantastic servers and hosting! It's always fast (helps that I'm on broadband now too, but the old days it would always be slow) and the uptime is great. So they make a good host

But PA does seem to be loosing it's "spirit" perhaps it is me, getting older...
That the servers crashed many times a week was some of PA's spirit and charm But yeah, there's nothing left of the PA spirit, definitely not after Jolt took over..
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 09:47   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i would love to
but for that i would actualy have be part of a team
I could have said a fair few things publically when I left pateam but that wouldn't have helped something that I gave a lot of my time to in any way whatsoever. And I didn't need no NDA bullshit to tell me that.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 10:42   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
No offence, but long term PaTeam service imho hasn't really shown us that we can trust PaTeam that they do the right thing. There is quite a gap between the community and PaTeam in terms of knowledge and ideas on the game, let alone the gap between the community and Jolt. It might be good to realize that the commutiy and customers of the game like to know what the hell is going on with the product they pay for. Since PaX (Jolt) PaTeam went more and more to the background planning and developing (hah) PA, we hear nothing, hardly anything has changed in the past 5 rounds. I just wish sometime we could go back to the old days were there atleast was a feeling that the developers / creaters had interest in the players and listened to what they had to say (Creators hour, creators speaking to the community about long term plans etc). Suggestions are being made, and approved / declined, and disappear never to be heard of again. I (and with me many others) have no idea what PaTeam is effectively doing to better the game (apart from multi-hunting perhaps) and community. And as long as you keep being closed to the community, i doubt ppl will ever really trust PaTeam in their doing.
The problem is that Spinner was one of the coders, had a hand in development, and also talked to the community regularly. Since he went, pishmishy has been doing a lot of the coding, and Kloopy and ph8 have done some. However, as pishmishy was always meant to be a temp until a perminant Jolt coder came along (and was helping out on more than Planetarion), ph8 was travelling for a lot of the time he was coding, and then recently left, and Kloopy was finishing his third year at University and then working full time, we haven't had that much coding time available, and have tried to aim for the essential bug fixes. We have quite a substantial todo list, consisting of many of the things listed in the suggestions forums as approved, and when Kloopy comes back from his holiday he'll work through it, and we've listed any things still considered bug fixes, as well as essential code changes, for him to be code before next round starts. Unlike this round, this will continue through next round, therefore hopefully finishing the bulk, of the things for round 16, and therefore clearing the backlog.

We do read the suggestions forums, and although creators hour has been proposed there, that's just moving the suggestion-submitting to IRC instead of the forums, and they aren't even discussed by others. If we're as out of touch as you feel, surely you'd at least want a chance for other players to talk about it on the forums?

There is a gap between the PA Team and the community, because it's long been apparent that if there isn't a gap, cheating is more likely to occur. One round a multihunter was playing in a #2 galaxy, and lots of people got closed in the #1 galaxy a couple of days before the end, and guess which galaxy ended #1?

Many of you probably know why Prince left, for giving out information for things like news scans before they were actually available. We have these forums, and IRC. If people have an issue, they can contact us either way.
Hopefully, as more features are added, relations between the PA Team and others will be looking better. Recruits _will_ be indicated with an R next round.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:04   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

All i'll say is that this isn't a snap decision by biffy, this has been brewing for a while and has been a long term issue, both sides have tried to fix it, but in the end the problems allways end up occuring again for various reasons.

While we have lost I great MH and support team member this is by no means the end of the world, and though next round will probbaly not see the full fruits of the work Kloopy and myself will be putting in with development beyond that I think the future could be very bright indeed.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:08   #35
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

gl xontas you deserved alot better then jolt give you... will talk to you on irc sometime....

well done jolt for once again fking up
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:11   #36
xontas

erm, thanks for those "kind" words
(i guess)

one thing in there is true it wasnt a snap desision, i have been asked to leave from the time kal became game manager.
when i didnt i got told to 1) listen to kal without ever arguing again 2) get fired
i said i would always speak my mind
and got fired

i hope i am wrong about you kal, please prove me wrong and keep PA alive
(but i seriously doubt it)
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:15   #37
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

nobody cant really comment without knowing the true facts - still never good when an active member of the team leaves / has to leave. Hope that they find a good replacement for you even if that sounds a bit "cold" now. good multihunting is really a important thing in PA

(ur avatar is scary )

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:23   #38
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The people that actually do things seem to either get fired or quit, while those that hang around and do nothing for months/years on end are never under threat. Heh.
Thats because the people who want to do things and help out the community are the ones who actually want there voice heard and whose ideas dont fall into Kal's Masterplan

Quote:
Biffy was the one who decided to start the topic, direct that to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I think that firing your Head Multihunter warrants the community to be informed of the change, but not necessarily explained why the change was warranted.
It needs explaining to be honest. Example, a member of the governing party for a country is kicked out of there party - wouldnt the general public have a right to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appoco
However, as pishmishy was always meant to be a temp until a perminant Jolt coder came along
We've been promised a full time coder from Jolt pretty much since when Jolt took it over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appoco
There is a gap between the PA Team and the community, because it's long been apparent that if there isn't a gap, cheating is more likely to occur. One round a multihunter was playing in a #2 galaxy, and lots of people got closed in the #1 galaxy a couple of days before the end, and guess which galaxy ended #1?
This is a double edged sword - on the one side you risk having someone with admin access spoiling the game and on the otherside you have the PA Team and the community getting more and more distant - the answer? USE RELIABLE MEMBERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
While we have lost I great MH and support team member this is by no means the end of the world, and though next round will probbaly not see the full fruits of the work Kloopy and myself will be putting in with development beyond that I think the future could be very bright indeed.
You mean your actually going to be HELPING towards the community and not sabotaging the game and turning it into something YOU want, and ignoring the advice / input from others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******master
Perhaps now you understand why I was so adamant in my refusal to sign the NDA or work directly under Jolt.
Join the club! After reading Mits NDA I decided not to join.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:24   #39
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
1) listen to kal without ever arguing again
Yes (wo)men get everywhere in PA team.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 11:44   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Biffy was the one who decided to start the topic, direct that to him
Yeah, I'm sure it would have been miles better if nobody at jolt had bothered telling anyone. I'd be more generous if something was said beyond "haha kal is shit" which is about as productive as a rice paddy at the north pole.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 12:04   #41
xontas

i would like to be productive and tell you why i feel that kal will bring PA down
i have some good examples linked to the current problems in the game
we could discusse ways to make PA realy grow again (and i am not talking about 50 people per round)

but i am not alowed
and that fact i would you all to know
i got fired for speaking my mind and the facts i like to discusse jolt doesnt want known to you guys
why
you would all quit!

anyway jonnyBgood i understand what you are saying, but i dont agree
this should be very public
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 12:07   #42
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I can only say that the way the PA crew is communitacting atm people would be either insane or maybe wanting to be a nodding puppet to join the PA crew.

Where do I sign up?
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 12:10   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

You don't have to say which ideas kal disagreed with or anything. I'm pretty sure nothing prevents you from posting in the suggestions forum.
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 12:15   #44
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Quote:
You don't have to say which ideas kal disagreed with or anything. I'm pretty sure nothing prevents you from posting in the suggestions forum.
I think hes talking about internal PA Team things
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 12:34   #45
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
The problem is that Spinner was one of the coders, had a hand in development, and also talked to the community regularly. Since he went, pishmishy has been doing a lot of the coding, and Kloopy and ph8 have done some. However, as pishmishy was always meant to be a temp until a perminant Jolt coder came along (and was helping out on more than Planetarion), ph8 was travelling for a lot of the time he was coding, and then recently left, and Kloopy was finishing his third year at University and then working full time, we haven't had that much coding time available, and have tried to aim for the essential bug fixes. We have quite a substantial todo list, consisting of many of the things listed in the suggestions forums as approved, and when Kloopy comes back from his holiday he'll work through it, and we've listed any things still considered bug fixes, as well as essential code changes, for him to be code before next round starts. Unlike this round, this will continue through next round, therefore hopefully finishing the bulk, of the things for round 16, and therefore clearing the backlog.

We do read the suggestions forums, and although creators hour has been proposed there, that's just moving the suggestion-submitting to IRC instead of the forums, and they aren't even discussed by others. If we're as out of touch as you feel, surely you'd at least want a chance for other players to talk about it on the forums?

Many of you probably know why Prince left, for giving out information for things like news scans before they were actually available. We have these forums, and IRC. If people have an issue, they can contact us either way.
Hopefully, as more features are added, relations between the PA Team and others will be looking better. Recruits _will_ be indicated with an R next round.
Essentially bug fixes my arse. The day that that we start calling that pointless feature of hiding co-ords on scans as an essential bug fix is the the day I grow wings. I mean WHEN did anyone request that feature, i'll tell you when? NEVER. So while you wasted time coding this largly pointless feature you put off simple peices of coding such as the ,recruits being marked with an R which kal PROMISED would be in the game in r14.

The problem is that PATeam want to do their own thing and work on minority features which are largly ineffective such as the hiding of co-ords in scans, golden roids ect while leaving stuff that would actually enhance the game out. This probally isnt helped by the fact that tbh most of PATeam shouldnt even be having a say in the game development issues, they may have skills that make them suitable for PATeam but they dont have either the intrest in the development side or simply are not in a position to comment due to being out of touch ect. Now I've always been adament that game design shouldnt be dictated by the community and I still believe that on the whole but when it comes to fixes that need made you need to listen and make them a priority which you dont. and you certainly shouldnt be giving small ideas that add very little priority while leaving the annoying bugs in the game.

As for the gap between the community and the team, yes some has to exists there always has been even when spinner and co were in charge but recently its been made larger for no reason. I dont know if this is a Jolt thing or if its just the fact that the age old PATeam problem is now even worse with them having more control (by that I mean that theres too many people whom want to feed their egos so are too eager to suck up to people and become yes men or decide to keep the gap in place because it makes them feel big and important) but either way it doesnt need to be there and by doing so your alienating the paying customers. The suggestions forum is a perfect example here, its currently a complete farce and isnt a good place for ideas to be brainstormed. The first reason for this is that even if your monitoring it theres no feedback from you lot. We get the odd monthly batch of Approved/Declined topic changes but thats about it, and even us mods cant help like we should be because we are as out of the loop as the community so can only go on our own beliefs. When spinner was in charge there was a good system in place, once every week the senior mod would put together an idea summary email for him, he would then reply with his views and then the senior mod would forward that to the rest of the mods. The mods could then use this info to give a semi official responce and help highlight the problems and steer them around them and this worked well and encouraged discussion. As it is the current system stifles discussion by making it hita road block and then when it does get feedback its lost its empahsis and is often shunted off to the aprroved/declined forums that no-one bothers looking in.

Everygroup in this game is killing it in its own way and its this gap without anyone in that gap to act as a buffer/relay that is PAteams way of killing the game. You need to realise you arent some mighty ruler whom doesnt have to speak to its subjects, you need to make them feel wanted else they will continue to get annoyed and leave
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:13   #46
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The old PA Crew under spinner was filled with Love.

We even have cookie nights!

perhaps biffy should re-consider his role if he's unable to appoint people that actually "go" together, rather than simply hire the first and best "friend" of whatever staff member might be suggesting him/her.

You'd avoid bs like this
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:20   #47
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Indeed Idler, for that idea / post I wont tell anyone the cock-up from you from #planetarion last night
Maybe some form of Belkin test?
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:27   #48
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Thats because the people who want to do things and help out the community are the ones who actually want there voice heard and whose ideas dont fall into Kal's Masterplan.
You cant blame it on Kal tbh, its a problem thats rooted in PATeam and always have done. Its kind of like the whole communism thing, the grand idea is its the for the community by the community but give some of the community a bit of power and it goes to their head and they decide they want to keep the power. These people will then do what they can to stay in that position which normally means brownnosing and making sure those whom are willing to speak up with differnt pov's are labeled troublemakers and removed from the team.

If you want to remain on PATeam you have to basicallty shut up and just nod your head with every decision and if you dont you wont last long and this is just wrong because the game needs people with passion on the team NOT the worthless sacks of shit that do nothing but feed their own egos
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:30   #49
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Wakey - from what Ive heard from former PA Team members, its quite easy to blame on Kal
Unread 28 Aug 2005, 14:57   #50
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Wakey - from what Ive heard from former PA Team members, its quite easy to blame on Kal
Your viewing it as a new problem though, where as its a culture thats grown in PATeam since it started. Those whom want to actually help improve the game and voice their opinions get weeded out by those after the power. If Kals currently carrying that culture on then its because the PATeam culture has allowed him to and even encouraged him to. As long as people are unchallneged and when they are have enough yes men surrounding then its always going to happen as you lose perpective
The Farnborough Crew
Closed Thread