User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Mar 2006, 19:56   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A different 'solution' to XP.

Limit the amount you can cap in XP by your value at the time you cap in relation to how far you are through the round.

(Current XP / Current Tick) * Your Value*0.001.

So at PT 1000, your XP per attack would only be maximum if you were 1 mil in value. A current 300k value 'XP whore' would only cap a maximum of 360 score per roid.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 20:32   #2
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold
Re: A different 'solution' to XP.

Hm lots of issues with that idea.

How about:

score = value * 2 + xp-score (the formular with xp, don't have it in my mind right now)

P.S.: idea by jupp

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr

Last edited by XelNaga; 14 Mar 2006 at 21:24.
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2006, 22:45   #3
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

seeing as you asked me to reply i will...

i don't exactly understand how this formula would turn out (my math aint great) and don't know how/when this one will be abused, but i kinda think it will regardless.. in my personal opinion xp should give people who have 'about' the same valuerank a LITTLE bonus. I've played pa since like forever and i've always felt pa punishes people for being active. I think value/roids should be/are most important things in pa in terms of ranking and xp could be the deciding factor in that. meaning it only gives you a little bit of score extra, but in no way should it be anything big.

i'd personally be quite happy if you could have it at like 10 or 20% of what it is now. Seeing as that still helps people get some ranks but it does mean teamplay is very important. I don't see how it is good for the game to have galaxies who never defend win the round (same goes for players and alliances). That's my personal opinion and pa team will do whatever they want with it anyways
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 00:15   #4
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
seeing as you asked me to reply i will...

i don't exactly understand how this formula would turn out (my math aint great) and don't know how/when this one will be abused, but i kinda think it will regardless.. in my personal opinion xp should give people who have 'about' the same valuerank a LITTLE bonus. I've played pa since like forever and i've always felt pa punishes people for being active. I think value/roids should be/are most important things in pa in terms of ranking and xp could be the deciding factor in that. meaning it only gives you a little bit of score extra, but in no way should it be anything big.

i'd personally be quite happy if you could have it at like 10 or 20% of what it is now. Seeing as that still helps people get some ranks but it does mean teamplay is very important. I don't see how it is good for the game to have galaxies who never defend win the round (same goes for players and alliances). That's my personal opinion and pa team will do whatever they want with it anyways
That's exactly my opinion.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2006, 10:08   #5
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Formula:
-------------

^AvgScore = (Value+Score)/2 << done for both attacker and defender

Bravery = (DefenderAvgScore/AttackerAvgScore)*10

XPGain = RoidsStolen * Bravery

Example:
-------------

Attacker = 300k Value, 5mil Score
Defender = 1mil Value, 3mil Score.
RoidStolen = 100

AttackerAvgScore = (300.000+5.000.000)/2 = 2.650.000
DefenderAvgScore = (1.000.000+3.000.000)/2 = 2.000.000

Bravery = (2.000.000/2.650.000)*10 = 7.54

XP Gain = 100 * 7.54 = 754

Normal XP would be = 100 * 20 (maxed cap) = 2000

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote