User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 15 Feb 2006, 11:56   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: a bit pathetic??

I didn't read a word of that. And I'm not going to. PARAGRAPHS PLEASE.
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 12:15   #52
taxicabriolet
i havent a mind

taxicabriolet is an unknown quantity at this point

happy? Paragraphs are separate two ideas in writing, this was one whole idea, but I did it for your eyes, you might want to get some sleep if a little too many words hurt your eyes

Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.

(Damn Sesame Street for making a vegie monster, cookie monster you will always remain in my heart)
taxicabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 12:37   #53
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

bash limits are there for a reason. i'm sure NONE of you attack higher ranking planets only. also the planet you are talking about could be roided before or he could be very hostile to the alliance. there can be many many reasons for doing it. and tbh small alliances complain about this, but it's indeed mostly the small alliances that wave down smaller planets far more then big alliances.

and mek when you were in insomnia you had loads of people waving small planets aswell. so don't really see why you are complaining
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 12:45   #54
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicabriolet
happy? Paragraphs are separate two ideas in writing, this was one whole idea, but I did it for your eyes, you might want to get some sleep if a little too many words hurt your eyes
Cheers, and it just hurt my eyes as one big chunk of text - even though gramatically it was best as one.
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 14:07   #55
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
bash limits are there for a reason. i'm sure NONE of you attack higher ranking planets only. also the planet you are talking about could be roided before or he could be very hostile to the alliance. there can be many many reasons for doing it. and tbh small alliances complain about this, but it's indeed mostly the small alliances that wave down smaller planets far more then big alliances.

and mek when you were in insomnia you had loads of people waving small planets aswell. so don't really see why you are complaining
come come now Cypher, you know i ran Defence not attack :P

take that issue up with Bee

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 14:32   #56
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
come come now Cypher, you know i ran Defence not attack :P

take that issue up with Bee
still tho.. point stands...

i get massive waves aswell normally... but i'm roidfat so expect it... they got shit fleet and high roids for their value/fleet, so should expect it aswell.

i've seen a 1uper today on 100 roids or something and still he got incs from hostile alliances so heh it happens everywhere.. no point in moaning about it tho mate
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 16:06   #57
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

If I don't get at least two waves a night, I count my blessings.

People just need to realise theres no need to hit shit targets, and the problem will solve itself. Sadly this will never happen o/
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 23:31   #58
taxicabriolet
i havent a mind

taxicabriolet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi
If I don't get at least two waves a night, I count my blessings.

People just need to realise theres no need to hit shit targets, and the problem will solve itself. Sadly this will never happen o/
I fail to see what problem there is. Is it the lack of universe peace? or what?

I got an idea, PA developers should (next round of course, dont want to offend anybody) put in a thing like vacation mode, but you can still play as normal, but people cant attack you, and there is no expiration date, and everyone stays at around 300-500 roids and we all become communists

some people are better / luckier / stay up at night more than others, get used to it

Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.

(Damn Sesame Street for making a vegie monster, cookie monster you will always remain in my heart)
taxicabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 01:24   #59
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think people object to being attacked - it's just that they feel for a planet of their size, and considering the gains they could get from bigger planets, the incoming they get just isn't warranted.

I agree with that sentiment.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 10:51   #60
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Zik 210 value 266,382 score 369,702
12 INCOMING HOSTILES on me
200 value 100,000 score 125,000

I giggled when I came on to see that this morning
Not that I mind though as I aint playing seriously atm (damn wish I was I just wanna play a round again)

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 12:12   #61
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicabriolet
I fail to see what problem there is. Is it the lack of universe peace? or what?
The problem is larger planets bashing new players into oblivion before they have the chance to get going, i.e hitting someone with 100 roids. That type of attack is shit and stupid, a waste of time and drives new people away from the game.

Don't get me wrong though, I know people will continue to do it and nothing will change. Im just telling you why said people are shit.
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 17:17   #62
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I just been exiled into a new galaxy with a new story to tell
This is a classic tale of OMG WTF

11 Xan 52 124,982 166,202 <------ not a bad score but the roids :/

3 waves on him eta 9, so its not like hes just had a major hammering over a certain time.

8 Cat 300 267,446 349,406 <---- attacker

Edit: just looked at gal status again and hes attacking 2 ppl now

7 Zik 39 148,899 161,379 <---- poor bugger has only 39 roids for christ sake lol.

the other 2 attackers I would say fair enough there 150k score :/
But come on you got 300 roids and 349k score is it really worth attacking somene with 52 roids and half your score?
Sometimes I wish there was a fuel source it would stop ppl wasting fuel on un profitable targets.

Unread 17 Feb 2006, 07:43   #63
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Sometimes I wish there was a fuel source it would stop ppl wasting fuel on un profitable targets.
As many of us would remember, that used to be the case with Eonium being used for Fuel (depending on rounds, Scans and Amps, Jammers and PDS too). Granted, it stopped the top players (especially those with 1billion + score) from launching to every second day or so. However, the players with the most E roids as a proportion of total were, unsurprisingly, the "newbies" or lowbies who either didnt know any better or who needed it to do Research & Construction etc. Thus, by adding fuel, you kinda have a situation where it then becomes more important for players to attack small or new players in order to steal E roids to keep their fleets going.

:\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2006, 10:34   #64
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: a bit pathetic??

this is a wargame!!!

you can attack anyone and everyone you want (except when on the same ip)
if the logic behind someones tactic isn't clear to you, it doesnt meen its pathetic

i do feel you could ofc kick his ass for doing so :-)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2006, 13:32   #65
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
As many of us would remember, that used to be the case with Eonium being used for Fuel (depending on rounds, Scans and Amps, Jammers and PDS too). Granted, it stopped the top players (especially those with 1billion + score) from launching to every second day or so. However, the players with the most E roids as a proportion of total were, unsurprisingly, the "newbies" or lowbies who either didnt know any better or who needed it to do Research & Construction etc. Thus, by adding fuel, you kinda have a situation where it then becomes more important for players to attack small or new players in order to steal E roids to keep their fleets going.

:\
Or like we did in our gal eo donations from small guys and they got a good return on other stuff

Unread 17 Feb 2006, 22:30   #66
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
noah, did you actually play PA in 2003, or just sign up for the forums then?

attacks previously consisted of ****ing up someones fleet till they had no ships at all

then roiding them over a period of 9 ticks

flattening the planet

this round even if you're a newbie and get attacked, all you have to do is whore back a few ships by running your fleet and accept the enevitable, then attack someone yourself

the planetarion round 16 universe is a pram
indeed.... i wonder too why most people complain now....

even if you ŽkillŽ someone these days, heŽs still not even close to dead as he gets lots of salvage and he still has his xp etc etc etc...
Unread 18 Feb 2006, 20:30   #67
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Again im forced to point out the new players this is killing DONT KNOW THAT.
Time and time again u experienced players say "bah its not a problem just hit someone back and get xp"
The n00bs this bashing tactic is driving away arnt getting the chance to learn it, as alot of the time they get bashed right out of protection or close to it and give up. they dont stand a chance
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 17:51   #68
cypher
U've been Moderated

heh it's quite amusing that you say that mad_keg as really.. i am interested aswell.... what do you think we should do? at sign up info put down which rounds you have played and if you can only attack people who have played 3 rounds minimum? or a cap of 40% of the rounds the attacker has player or something?

new players get incs. but most likely old players get way more incs as they have bigger planets. further it's mostly the smaller alliances that hit smaller gals and planets. As big alliances simply can't. I've had incs every day (except for 2 this round) why should i keep playing? as it's quite annoying...

point is i don't see a difference between attacking a new player a bit or a experienced(big) player alot and with more waves... they won't wanna continue either. But hey... last time i checked, PA was a wargame.
Unread 19 Feb 2006, 19:08   #69
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
Again im forced to point out the new players this is killing DONT KNOW THAT.
Time and time again u experienced players say "bah its not a problem just hit someone back and get xp"
The n00bs this bashing tactic is driving away arnt getting the chance to learn it, as alot of the time they get bashed right out of protection or close to it and give up. they dont stand a chance
What Kind of world do we live in where everyone is ready to give up or quit at the first sign of difficulty? Why complain that a planet was hit "Just out of Protection." Does anyone remember when there was no protection period and no bash limit and 2 Mil planets could 3 wave a 10k planet? This game has really developed to allow both new and experienced player time to grow, build, attack, and have fun. If 3 days is not enough protection then suggest a longer time period and maybe they can put up a poll. Then others will complain that more than 72 ticks is too long. Besides if they have not gotten on IRC in 3 days to meet their gal mates most likely they don't stand a chance anyway. Our gal has had to exile more than a dozen players simply because they did not respond to messages or upgrade and the upgrade is free this round.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 01:22   #70
gormster

gormster will become famous soon enoughgormster will become famous soon enough

As a player of r1 & 2, returned for r16, I feel there is quite a simple piece of advice that would be most helpful to those starting out. The best advice you can give is that firstly, if you init 100+ roids in protection, you will be back down to less than 100 within 24 ticks of leaving protection. Secondly, that this is not the end of the world, it happens to everyone, and that the most important thing in planetarion is not your roids, but your fleet. If you loseyour roids, your fleet can get you them back in a couple of days. If you lose your fleet, you'll lose your roids too. And thus be f***ed for the next fortnight.
Perhaps this info could be concisely expressed in the "Quick Start Guide" section of the manual?
gormster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2006, 11:14   #71
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
noah, did you actually play PA in 2003, or just sign up for the forums then?

attacks previously consisted of ****ing up someones fleet till they had no ships at all

then roiding them over a period of 9 ticks

flattening the planet

this round even if you're a newbie and get attacked, all you have to do is whore back a few ships by running your fleet and accept the enevitable, then attack someone yourself

the planetarion round 16 universe is a pram
This is my 2nd forums sign up tbh first one got deleted with inactivity.

Yes I played round 2 -5 before I went falklands/iraq etc... with the occasional pop at the other rounds.

And yes I know we use to get hammered to the ground, that was my first experience from bluetuba before i joined them.

And I know the game is easier I even made top 70 twice or something so must be easy or i got lucky

But my post was on topic and I didnt complain I just pointed out how sad it is and pathetic oh and funny

/me pushes his pram into the garage