User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Jan 2006, 00:44   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
in gal deffence

How about in the gal status screen, where it would normally be for a deffence fleet, how about one in brackets which shows fleets from IN GAL comming to deffend.
This helps the more newbie or casual player, or those gals who arn't as well organised as the top few, see who has already set aside a fleet to help deffend a planet. which could save mass fleets all deffending one planet from the same attack, while ignoring others.
Possibly also add the prelaunch set on it, so it can be seen that it will be there on time or not.

Maybe the MoW could have a record of ingal deffence fleets, so he can see who deffends in gal, and when they've recalled their deffence before the attacker has recalled, etc,.. but that's a seperate thing, as a kick around MoW job to do idea,...
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 01:33   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: in gal deffence

Obviously not visible to unpaid accounts, but otherwise I wholeheartedly agree that prelaunched fleets should show ingal (preferably with offset).
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 01:54   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

gives another insentive to go paid,... good addition, i like
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 05:55   #4
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I agree this could be a useful addition, especially since I know I've sent prelaunch ingal defense wrong before, and having it show up would be helpful!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 10:07   #5
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like this in a co-operative galaxy, but there is still the danger of in-gal spies, etc...

So perhaps the GC should be able to set who can view it and who can't.
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 11:37   #6
Rocko

Or maybe that's another thing for the MoW,...
Unread 14 Jan 2006, 13:15   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
Or maybe that's another thing for the MoW,...
Would be cool to see the MoW actually get some real responsabilities. Now all the MoW can do is look cool with his name in red

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 10:21   #8
Rocko

sooooooooooooooooooo,.. good responce so far,...... impliment it already!!! :P
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 13:52   #9
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing i dont like about it is running my fleet in galaxy and someone who is a spy in gal reporting it to there alliance.

And also sometimes in previous rounds when i run my fleets i just whack it up to maximum runawayage and sometimes just sometimes the attacker pulls from the person i am running to at eta 5 (yes some ppl do it ) or even eta 6 or 7 but if someone in the galaxy knows ur true eta from there alliance then gonna muck up my rouse

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 15:19   #10
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i agree that the mow and/or gc should be able to set who can see it as there are obvious risks involved with spies... but a good idea tbh
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 15:28   #11
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I don't think the spy issue is as big as people say, if the spy is sitting in your gal room he's going to hear about when your prelaunch fleet is going to land anyway. They can also already see all of your outgoing and incomming fleets not set on prelaunch, and yet most players do just fine. Adding the prelaunch option has a potentially large benifit with only a tiny overall downside, one that probably isn't there most of the time anyway.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 16:14   #12
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It is an issue, and there would be more opportunites for it to be exploited. You can't logically suggest that because something does not exist now under one set of conditions, it will not exist in the future, under a different set of conditions.

Just let the GC control who can see gal status pre-launch.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 16:51   #13
Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
It is an issue, and there would be more opportunites for it to be exploited. You can't logically suggest that because something does not exist now under one set of conditions, it will not exist in the future, under a different set of conditions.

Just let the GC control who can see gal status pre-launch.

I'm not suggesting it won't exist, merely suggesting I feel it is unlikely to be a big deal. In addition since it is my opinion, logically it isn't required to be logical.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 16:56   #14
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
I don't think the spy issue is as big as people say, if the spy is sitting in your gal room he's going to hear about when your prelaunch fleet is going to land anyway. They can also already see all of your outgoing and incomming fleets not set on prelaunch, and yet most players do just fine. Adding the prelaunch option has a potentially large benifit with only a tiny overall downside, one that probably isn't there most of the time anyway.
I'll deal with what you actually said then.

Known spies usually aren't in the gal room, and unknown spies would be trusted anyway. Since you can't exile evil people from your buddy pack, or if you don't control a galaxy, then spies can potentially be a major problem.

I'm not saying to get rid of this idea, I'm saying that the GC should control who benefits from it. What's so wrong with that?!
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 19:52   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
What you dont have 2 gal channels ?

One for ppl you trust and one for ppl you dont ?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 20:39   #16
furball

No, I think that may just be 1upers. No wonder many of you struggle to build a rapport with your galmates...

EDIT: for those that this isn't clear to, I presumed that noah02's post was indicative of many 1up members, given that 1up was his most recent alliance. It is usually the case that people share the attitudes of their most recent alliance - even though not always.

I have no need for political opportunism, I don't see the need for it outside of AD. 1up knows that it has had problems with getting other alliances on their side, most recently demonstrated to its cost in its dealings with eXilition. Most players meet other alliances through sharing galaxies with them, and so if members choose to be secretive, then they won't be as friendly with their galmates. Over time, this will influence the actions of their alliance and the political moves it makes.

Looking back, my post was more of a casual one-liner through laziness, and this is to its detriment. Thank you to Phil^ for suggesting that I should clarify things.

Last edited by furball; 19 Jan 2006 at 21:04.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 22:06   #17
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
No, I think that may just be 1upers. No wonder many of you struggle to build a rapport with your galmates...

EDIT: for those that this isn't clear to, I presumed that noah02's post was indicative of many 1up members, given that 1up was his most recent alliance. It is usually the case that people share the attitudes of their most recent alliance - even though not always.

I have no need for political opportunism, I don't see the need for it outside of AD. 1up knows that it has had problems with getting other alliances on their side, most recently demonstrated to its cost in its dealings with eXilition. Most players meet other alliances through sharing galaxies with them, and so if members choose to be secretive, then they won't be as friendly with their galmates. Over time, this will influence the actions of their alliance and the political moves it makes.

Looking back, my post was more of a casual one-liner through laziness, and this is to its detriment. Thank you to Phil^ for suggesting that I should clarify things.
lol that's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read. why on earth would 1upers not like random galmates providing they are honest about who they are? it's EXACTLY the same for ANY alliance that competes for top spots, so it's utter crap which you posted... even if you edited some of it heh. you used to make decent posts... any time you expect those to come back?
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 22:25   #18
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

well, having a galaxy you can trust is a key in the game. and how can you all start trusting each other? not with creating a 2nd channel for ppl you trust because if they find out about it it will end in accusing each other for everything. This happend in my gal last round - no wonder all exiled
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 04:30   #19
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
lol that's the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read. why on earth would 1upers not like random galmates providing they are honest about who they are? it's EXACTLY the same for ANY alliance that competes for top spots, so it's utter crap which you posted... even if you edited some of it heh. you used to make decent posts... any time you expect those to come back?
It's funny how as soon as I stop agreeing with certain people, my posts turn shit and I have no idea what I'm saying; my words turn from gospel to useless garbage. Coincidence? I think not.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 10:16   #20
cypher
U've been Moderated

no, you are basically saying only 1up doesn't trust randoms, only we don't want them, we don't trust while that's utter bull. I and many other 1upers stated often enough we love active randoms and tbh aslong as i trust the people i don't even care what side they are on. you however make your own assumptions (while in another thread you said people shouldn't do that sorta stuff) i've even said in r14 winner ceremony we won because of the randoms in the gal and that i'll always work with them. But feel free to make up more stuff tho heh
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 11:50   #21
furball

Then perhaps cypher you're the shining light amongst many of the top players

Perhaps it is more of a general problem with players in the top alliances, but certainly there can be an issue. If these players feel they need two galaxy channels, then there can be no doubt that they are interacting with their random galaxy mates less. It's the galaxies which don't win Round 14 that have the problem - the ones down in 20-30th that have the right players but no cohesion, no cross-defence.

So - why do I cite 1up? It's nothing personal, and I hope that you realise that. However, 1up has been affected over the past few rounds by not finding friends when they really needed them (or being able to stop alliances from joining the opposite side to them). This has been a major factor in the outcomes of Round 13 (eXilition siding with LCH, ToT) and Round 15 (NAPs with Subh, VGN and co-operations with HR, ROCK and others). 1up is at the core of all alliance politics at present, and people really do love them or hate them: 1up defines what happens - not necessarily through its choices but through the choices made because of it.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 12:05   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

as far as i know 1up hc usually did not want to nap/ally/block, which is why we didn't have them... and we had enemies in r13 because we had just won 2 rounds in a row... nothing to do with not interacting with randoms or other alliances...
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 12:14   #23
furball

I realise that this is the case - and that's why I included the phrase "or being able to stop alliances from joining the opposite side to them". Where's the influence which means that when smaller alliances are offered agreements with one of the sides (e.g. eXil), those smaller alliances choose not to work with them and instead keep the round block-less?

The best rounds are those without blocks - fluid politics produces the best game for all. Different circumstances create different outcomes, and HCs will always do the best for their members. Where's the Round 11-style manifesto, these sorts of politics?

1up now seems to be dictated to on politics instead of creating the situations themselves. It's not doing them any favours.

To link back to the actual thread topic when there are blocks or 'sides' in wars, spies become a problem. That's why I suggest that the GC decides who can see pre-launched defence, and who can't.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 12:45   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

handbags ladies, put em away
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 14:11   #25
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Furball you seem to be operating under the assumption that 1up HC actively troll the public channels of PA alliances seeking out allies to fight other alliances.....

We don't seek out allies, generally we don't even discuss political opportunity unless one is presented to us by other alliances, and in the past, when we have entered into agreements, it's been a mutual agreement, with benefits to both alliances... or what would be the point. Even mid level and smaller alliances won't blindly make a political agreement that have no benefit to them, or with any other motive other than helping 1up be successful. There have ofcourse been times when the HC of 1up have presented opportunities to other alliance HC....and this is certainly our right, as it is any alliance Command teams right to do so. However, it's not a thing we do actively or a thing we seek out to do as standard operating procedure. I think we can all agree that Sid's political skills are top shelf, but let's also understand that he wouldn't be able to offer things, be they political agreements, or any type of cooperation if he were unable to offer alliances who do work with us in some manner some type of benefit. We have the luxury of having a person in the command team who has the ability to see the political landscape in such a way as to provide his alliance a unique insight into the overall picture of things. In some rounds we have been in a position to offer more than in other rounds, simply. Play em as they lay so to speak.

Randoms in your galaxy can be very beneficial, and they can also kill you...so any player or group of players who are "careful" about who they share information with cannot be accused of anything other than being "careful" and those players are certainly not restricted to having membership in 1up

As for this idea... I also agree that the MoW is as useless as my ex wife currently, and this would give him something to do other than be red.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 20 Jan 2006 at 14:32. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 14:17   #26
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say showing prelaunched fleets in galstatus for (paid) MoW only is a great idea, spies or not.
Most gals are in control of a buddypack anyway, so doubt there'll be much to worry then.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 14:41   #27
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Furball you seem to be operating under the assumption that 1up HC actively troll the public channels of PA alliances seeking out allies to fight other alliances.....

[snip]
I'm not entirely sure where I said that - in fact, I said nothing for the sort. I'm perfectly clear as to 1up's political inclinations, so although I'm grateful for your refresher, it's really nothing new.

Frankly I'd like to see this thread back on topic, so I'll refrain from adding anything more.
Unread 20 Jan 2006, 16:11   #28
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
I'd say showing prelaunched fleets in galstatus for (paid) MoW only is a great idea, spies or not.
Most gals are in control of a buddypack anyway, so doubt there'll be much to worry then.
You said almost exactly what i was thinking
This is a great idea and i'd love to see some more along the way. So the ministers actually have something to do again except having their name in a cool colour & voting on the occasional exile.
This wil eventually lead to stronger gals (i hope)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 06:46   #29
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

This sure would save us from jumpgate scanning our gal mates to see if another gal mate defended. It would also save the resources.

As far as the 2 gal channels go - it's hard to talk to your buddy pack mates with your fake nicks and keep everything straight. Usually the second channel is just an old gal channel you kept going cause that gal rocked. Do you have to be in a particular alliance to do this cause it was not in the netgamers end user agreement?
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 23:12   #30
Rocko

tad off topic??? dunno
TBH,.... i agree with giving the option to the GC/MoW,... top gals can CHOOSE to turn this off then, since their obviously communicating well and so DON'T need it,..
OTHER gals won't have so much of a problem with spies, because perhaps they don't deal in that level of politcs,.. and so can gain MORE benefit from being able to SEE the deffence comming in, because their gal isn't as super organised as those in the top 10/50
weigh up how this could HELP those people, agasint how it could hinder. With the option for GC/MoW to turn it on/off, then it takes the top gals out of the equation of them worrying about spying, because they can deal with that, by NOT using it.