User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:11   #1
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Fleet Recall and resend

I want the option to resend a fleet to a target, that was on route but was recalled.

e.g.

1) I'm eta 5 from target.
2) I recall, but it was a mistake
3) I can *only* reverse the recall, in the same tick of the recall.

You would have to change the fleet action/location message to the end of the tick (i.e fleet from ? has recalled), unless this is how it is already being done.

*=edit

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 20 Dec 2005 at 13:51.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:13   #2
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: Fleet Recall and resend

i assume this option would only be available untill the end of the tick that you hit the recall option?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:34   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster
3) I can reverse the recall, in the same tick of the recall.
yes

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:36   #4
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

no thanks, you would just see alot of recalls just after tick. Then you could wait till just before the next tick. jgp seeing if any of the defenders have pulled and then go "OOPS i recalled it by accident" relaunch it and your on your merry way with some defenders pulled..

Edit: Maybe you have a 1 min "undo this recall option" but tbh i think you have to do enough to recall a fleet now. If you recall the fleet it really is your fault. You have to tick a fecking box and press a button to do it....

Last edited by Benneh; 20 Dec 2005 at 12:47.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 12:36   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I pulled a defence mission yesterday by mistake and said almost the exact same thing. Seeing as the ships dont move until the tick happens your recall notice shouldnt be final until the tick happens and as such you should be able to undo a recall notice until then.

The only problem I really see is it would make the send, recall, send again tactic extreamly effective as they would have to remain listed as still incoming until the tick happened thus giving them an auto 1 tick advantage. Perhaps we could have some kind of system that any attacking fleet recalled AFTER you get the launch message in your news will take ETA to Base + 1 Tick to get back
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 20 Dec 2005 at 12:46.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:01   #6
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

i would rather see that pa would ask you "you really want to recall?"

and if you still confirm this its your fault...
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:41   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker
no thanks, you would just see alot of recalls just after tick. Then you could wait till just before the next tick. jgp seeing if any of the defenders have pulled and then go "OOPS i recalled it by accident" relaunch it and your on your merry way with some defenders pulled..

Edit: Maybe you have a 1 min "undo this recall option" but tbh i think you have to do enough to recall a fleet now. If you recall the fleet it really is your fault. You have to tick a fecking box and press a button to do it....
Thats why i am saying the target is not informed of the recall until the end of the tick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Perhaps we could have some kind of system that any attacking fleet recalled AFTER you get the launch message in your news will take ETA to Base + 1 Tick to get back
That could help

Perhaps only in the last tick of the ETA , the recall/resend option is enabled (with no extra penalty).

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 15:13   #8
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
i would rather see that pa would ask you "you really want to recall?"

and if you still confirm this its your fault...
how long would it take for that to get annoying?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:59   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Id much rather see something like leggy said, but personally i think its fine already...

I mean there has to be a stop stage for it what of pa does add a "are you really sure" box. Then people still accidently recall a fleet? what will they want then ANOTHER confirm box?

Also only given recalls at each tick means that defenders are ALWAYS going to be there for an extra tick :/
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 18:10   #10
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the tick box was implemented for people who accidently recalled the wrong fleet. if you tick the box, and then recall the fleet... well you deserve to have your fleet recalled.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 18:36   #11
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
the tick box was implemented for people who accidently recalled the wrong fleet. if you tick the box, and then recall the fleet... well you deserve to have your fleet recalled.
Thank you! Thats what my poor english (even tho i am english) has been trying to say in my other 2 posts and most likely failed miserably..
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 14:04   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Yes, as has been said there's only so many extra boxes and warning messages we can put up.

I was going to say that the following:
"the only other option is to make all fleets with recall orders recall at the end of the tick, so you can send the order to recall, but it only ticks back home at the end of the tick and until that time is seen as still landing"
but this is basically fake attack/ defence when done at ETA1, and I'm not sure how much it'd be welcomed
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 14:37   #13
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I want the option to resend a fleet to a target, that was on route but was recalled.

e.g.

1) I'm eta 5 from target.
2) I recall, but it was a mistake
3) I can *only* reverse the recall, in the same tick of the recall.

You would have to change the fleet action/location message to the end of the tick (i.e fleet from ? has recalled), unless this is how it is already being done.

*=edit
No, if you screw up, you screw up and you gotta live with it. It's the same for everyone. By moving the recall to the end of the tick will give attackers an advantage as the defenders won't know that the attacking fleet is ordered to recall, thus they will miss a tick.

Just leave it as it is now, it's been like that for god knows how long and it's basically your own fault if you screw up. I've done it lots of times myself, but I don't want a change anyway.

IF(and only if) your gonna make a change in the recall-system then it has to be on the defence-side. Like, give defenders 1-2 mins to revert their orders if they screwed up and recalled a def-fleet that shouldn't be recalled. But I don't think this should be changed either tbh...
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 14:37   #14
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

This is about ppl recalling and then realising their fleet is fleetcaught or something.

Dont add yet another safety mechanism - its another skill area of the game to check and double check every decision you make to avoid mistakes.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 12:25   #15
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
No, if you screw up, you screw up and you gotta live with it. It's the same for everyone. By moving the recall to the end of the tick will give attackers an advantage as the defenders won't know that the attacking fleet is ordered to recall, thus they will miss a tick.
In the current system, if the attacker waited until just before the tick to recall, the defenders still have an 1 extra tick to return home than the attacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
IF(and only if) your gonna make a change in the recall-system then it has to be on the defence-side. Like, give defenders 1-2 mins to revert their orders if they screwed up and recalled a def-fleet that shouldn't be recalled. But I don't think this should be changed either tbh...
But this does have its merits!

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 15:27   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with Tweaker here. mistakes do happen and that's just though luck. In earlier rounds I forgot to sent pods along with my fleet and yes even this round I've pulled 1 attackfleet instead of my jgp fleet. Shit happens ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 15:33   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Id much rather see something like leggy said, but personally i think its fine already...

I mean there has to be a stop stage for it what of pa does add a "are you really sure" box. Then people still accidently recall a fleet? what will they want then ANOTHER confirm box?
Future scenario's .... :

msg: "Are you sure you wanna include Tzen's in your attackfleet?"
me: Yes
msg: "Are you sure you want to send the selected 5000?"
msg: "Are you sure you want to attack this planet?"
msg: "Are you sure you do realize this might result in a retal?"
msg: "Are you sure you want to pre-launch?"
msg: "Are you sure you want to set pre-launch at PT 556(+4)?"

Final confirm box ...

msg: "Are you sure you checked all of the above?"

if you STILL fk up then you really are a hero

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 15:34   #18
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

fine as is... sometimes you are rushing at end of tick to recall.. i'd hate for any popup box to screw me up and tick the universe before i confirm. As it is now you have to click a box then hit issue orders
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 15:36   #19
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

given i agree tehre may be some potential in reversing defence mission recalls within a 1-2 minute time frame... since that can't hurt too much except allowing you to keep your defence on someone and if you limit it to 1-2 minutes you should be fine.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 15:58   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I agree with Tweaker here. mistakes do happen and that's just though luck. In earlier rounds I forgot to sent pods along with my fleet and yes even this round I've pulled 1 attackfleet instead of my jgp fleet. Shit happens ...
Yes, getting rid of this recall thing would result in no converstations like

"hi mate"
"hi, we're going to get roids! pld us!"
"er, no. I accidently pulled the wrong fleet?"
"WHAT!?! I'm gonna get owned there's no defence and free roids"
(had that one a few times, generally where I pulled the fleet :P)

and
"Why did you recall your defence?"
"well, see there was this other fleet I had that I had to recall..."

TBH, it didn't happen that often - usually I forgot to launch the attacks in the first place
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 16:21   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've had a lot of these conversations. As far as I can tell, there have been alliance HC that are 'leet' players (Sid, Gate, etc), and others that are just noobs (me, Zhil ).

So some sort of change would be good for me, but it would be hell for DCs - especially when you repeatedly jgp a planet you're doing the def call for. I've managed to live with the consequences of screwing up - everyone's done it at some point.
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 17:18   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

enough checks in place so not needed... besides it means if i recall at eta 4.... then defenders recall same tick.... you can go back to the target or something? no, no and no. bad idea sorry.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 19:08   #23
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve

Sincerely I have gotten so frustrated when in a couple of occasions I have ran my fleet for a couple of ticks as to avoid getting it massacred but for some reason I have recall it by mistake and have lost 1/2 of it; when that OBVIOUSLY was not what I intended to do...

now, if I realize the mistake 2 hours later, then I was dumb, I should pay for it... but If I realize the mistake "1" second after I did it... cmmm, is it fair?

For attacking and defending maybe we could say, well, thought luck, u idiot... pay more attention...

But when is a matter of loosing 1/2 your fleet and dropping 500 ranks, cmm ~ is it fair??

Now, what to do? I have no clue, I see cons in every idea so far proposed
Unread 5 Jan 2006, 19:14   #24
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
In the current system, if the attacker waited until just before the tick to recall, the defenders still have an 1 extra tick to return home than the attacker.
Then surely that is a reward for alliances who have members who are available/willing to perform that action at that time. In the same way it is a reward for alliances who's members bother to turn up to pick targets and launch at them in a normal raid...

As far as I'm concerned, tough cookie if your attacker(s) waits until end of tick to recall. I've had plenty of instances where I've had to go and had to recall, screwing up a large scale attack or defence because the risk isn't worth it and I've always considered that fair game.

I'm not too keen on your suggestion due to the whole drawing defence thing. On the other hand, if this was just applied to defending fleets then I don't think there are too many major problems, and it may even be useful. So that's fine by me!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 12:53   #25
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Dont make mistakes would be my suggestion, or live with them
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote