User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 20 Dec 2005, 13:58   #1
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice
A well deserved thank you

On behalf of the ROCK command team i would like to congratulate our members on their actions last night...

The mass of inc we had in retalliation from Vgn would normally be enough to scare off and kill other alliances, but you all worked hard and helped cover the majority of the calls. Covering 400k ships in attacking fleets is no easy task, and so i salute you all. I know that i say for the command team that you have made us proud to be ROCK.

Special thanks must go to the dcs who stayed up all the night, i wont say names incase i do miss anyone, but i think all of rock should show their appreciation to these ppl as they worked tirelessly to cover calls which at times seemed fruitless to def. They distinguished themselves beyond remark last night. Very well done folks...very well done.

I would also like to thank HR for their support at times through the night....we quite possibly wouldnt have managed to survive without your help so it is very much appreciated...especially your command and dc team for putting up with me and kieker-jan throughout the night giving you the last batch of incs to see if you had anything free to send ingal / in cluster...putting up with us two at night is no mean feat i can tell you

I won't waffle on anymore, but i will end again saying thank you, well done and you can be proud of yourselves

Timeline

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Rock - round 13, 14, 15, 16
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
Pa Team - rounds 16, 17, 18, 19
awol ever since
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:03   #2
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: A well deserved thank you

right... no offence:/ but 400k doesn't say anything. 4 fi fleets is easily 400k incoming ships:/

secondly this might be nice and fun if we hadn't seen the announcement by that other alliance about them using their alliance to defend you. don't gloat over it when you work together like that.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:05   #3
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

just wait till they get eXi to attack you!!!!111
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:05   #4
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Why not? its a breathe of fresh air to these rather negative forums...

I looked down the defence list this morning and most of it was actually FR/DE/CR/BS inc, of the few FI/CO fleets that hit ROCK (that were reported) only a handful were over 40k
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:09   #5
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Cypher for you and your big ally friends 400k may not be alot...
but for us smaller alliances who struggle to survive after you rape us to get your coveted #1 spot...it IS something to be proud of, especially when as dj has syted it was mainly fri and above. And where else can i do a general thank you to members of both alliances than on here...so stop flaming and and leave us be

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:12   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i'm just saying 400k in itself isn't all that meaninfull, which it isn't. it depends on what kind of fleets. Besides that i said it wasn't all that impressive seeing as we already knew HR defended you and it wasn't just rock deffing. now if you add both alliances together you have a far bigger score then 1up has get my point?
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:22   #7
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
i'm just saying 400k in itself isn't all that meaninfull, which it isn't. it depends on what kind of fleets. Besides that i said it wasn't all that impressive seeing as we already knew HR defended you and it wasn't just rock deffing. now if you add both alliances together you have a far bigger score then 1up has get my point?
I think he just wanted to thank everyone involved in what seemed to be a tuff night for them.

eXilition
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 14:31   #8
Judder
ROCKer

Judder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to allJudder is a name known to all

Boys, boys. Let's not spoil the thread already, please?

To all of ROCK last night, thank you and well done for your sheer bloody-mindedness all through the night. Everyone who was on and stayed up helped in some way, whether DC'ing, defending or just keeping peoples' spirits up (none of which is an easy task). So well done - let alone the rest of the command team, I speak for myself to say that I am proud and honoured to be a rock member today.

To all HR members, thank you for your friendship and support. To have staunch friends such as you, esp. after the flaming/what could be called insults last night, is much appreciated.

To VGN - well played last night

To any member of other alliances, who thinks about flaming/posting something condescending here - don't. Let the small alliances have a break from that. If you're not thinking that, then hello - welcome to the thread :-D

and to cypher - hello stranger most of the inc last night wasn't fi fleet makeup, there was a lot of everything and comparitively less fi to everything else. Rock actually covered a lot of the inc, and we're not gloating. If you can't recognise the spirit of this then don't flame something you don't understand.

Played all, and have a good winter break
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 15:02   #9
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Jeso A HC cant go to thank his ally on AD without being slated...
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 15:32   #10
Kieker Jan

Kieker Jan can only hope to improve

just to amuse u cypher ill give u the log of Rocks defence bot of last night....
it may not look impressive to the bigger alliancesbut for us we did a great job
Sum people may slag all they want
but i wanna thank HR for sticking with us to try and get us out of the shit we both caused
and their imedeate willingness to come to our aid which stagnated their attacking firepower due to holding back fleet and therefor their growing in this final stage of the game was heartwarming tbh.

u "big"alliances might find it silly.. but who of u can say they got bonds like that in PA universe......

http://pa.rock-alliance.org/files/vgnretallogs.txt
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 15:58   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't be so sure on the accuracy of that log.

[15:38] <VGN member 1> http://pa.rock-alliance.org/files/vgnretallogs.txt
[15:40] <VGN member 2> haha, my attack is marked as covered in there
[15:40] <VGN member 2> yet I got free roids
[15:40] <VGN member 1> same here

Despite that, well played to ROCK. No-one should be slagging them off in the slightest, they worked their asses off in trying to cover our attacks. It helped them that they were able to prepare for their incoming, and that friends/gal-mates were warned to help - but they still took the brunt of it.

As usual, other alliances took the opportunity to attack us. It really shouldn't suprise anyone though - there's always one.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 16:02   #12
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

I would also like to point out that there are waves missing on that, 2 on me for example, coupled with the fact that some inc wouldnt have been reported by gal members (it always happens) and some waves had multiple fleets it would probably push the inc fleets to around the 60 mark... not exactly easy work for an alliance with 60 members, especially 1 with lazy gits like me who dont get up until 10am
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 16:19   #13
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Well done
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 16:41   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

people should stop complaining about HR coming to ROCK's aid.
This is tbh a form of politics i've missed in pa.
This is, if i recall corectly, a political wargame, so if it's hr's policy to help rock in their time of need, everybody else should stfu, it's their decision, not AD's

btw, aren't the people that are screaming about this the same people that said that eXil, subH, VGN & HR were a big block? if they are a block, then why is HR attacking VGN with rock & then helping out rock when VgN retalls? Doesn't sound that block-like imo

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:25   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

i haven't complained about them defending. couldn't care less tbh. go for it.. small alliance can stick together all they want imo.

just don't see the point in such posts saying it was all rock while another alliance defended them fully or atleast offered to help them on an alliancewide scale. didn't mean to offend people with that. just what i think.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:56   #16
Kieker Jan

Kieker Jan can only hope to improve

aye cypher i know.. we didnt start the thread to it was forrest brfore he and his alliance went leeching.

my only point was the fact that they hardly defended in the end but that its the intension that counts
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 17:56   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
people should stop complaining about HR coming to ROCK's aid.
This is tbh a form of politics i've missed in pa.
This is, if i recall corectly, a political wargame, so if it's hr's policy to help rock in their time of need, everybody else should stfu, it's their decision, not AD's
I entirely agree, as I've said to everyone who's asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
btw, aren't the people that are screaming about this the same people that said that eXil, subH, VGN & HR were a big block? if they are a block, then why is HR attacking VGN with rock & then helping out rock when VgN retalls? Doesn't sound that block-like imo
Well despite repeated past rounds of close friendship, when HR/Rock ran out of targets for their attack on Sunday night, they decided to target VGN instead.

I'm not clear on what HR's relationship is with eXilition, but I'm fairly sure it didn't even extend to a NAP. Mere attack co-operation, I expect.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 18:18   #18
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieker Jan
aye cypher i know.. we didnt start the thread to it was forrest brfore he and his alliance went leeching.
I didn't start this thread.

I don't have (and haven't had all round) an alliance.

Ta.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 18:35   #19
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I didn't start this thread.

I don't have (and haven't had all round) an alliance.

Ta.
BLOCKING!!!!!!111
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 18:52   #20
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

Regardless of how much hr helped them I'd still consider getting 70% of calls covered at night great, so well done

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 19:05   #21
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
just don't see the point in such posts saying it was all rock
Maybe i'm missing something, but I don't think at any point in Mystic's post did he claim 'it was all rock'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
I would also like to thank HR for their support at times through the night....we quite possibly wouldnt have managed to survive without your help so it is very much appreciated...especially your command and dc team for putting up with me and kieker-jan throughout the night giving you the last batch of incs to see if you had anything free to send ingal / in cluster...putting up with us two at night is no mean feat i can tell you
Oh look I didn't miss something. Cypher did though.
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 19:13   #22
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Cypher cant help being a noob :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2005, 19:58   #23
cypher
U've been Moderated

negreps are so amusing if people are too gutless to put their name to it

anyways if i missed that i apoligize. wouldn't be the first person to misread something and i don't mind apoligising if that's the case.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 00:57   #24
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

eta's are flawed cause logs taken in 2 times
HR partly covered 3 calls and completly covered 1

in case anyone missed that

if theres 1 thing this rd has taught us is that it aint about the top 4/5 alliances and we all have our part to play
great def there guys big up to the boys/girls in the dc pity i was in the pub and missed it

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 01:55   #25
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
pity i was in the pub and missed it
RL FTW

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 03:01   #26
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Firstly well done.

Secondly if you wanted to thank your members why not mail them ingame or tell them on irc or something.

Thirdly why doesnt sid do this for us ;/
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 03:55   #27
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

i could, but i wanted to do a public show of thanks for my members and the mebers of hr who helped....
the boards these days are a place of negativity, i wanted to put something positive for a change

random n00b - r3 & 4
MoE - round 12
Pragmatik - round 16
ToF - round 16
Subh - round 17
awol ever since
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 04:11   #28
lilboi

lilboi is an unknown quantity at this point

rock ftw!!!...
=p
lilboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 05:02   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
the boards these days are a place of negativity, i wanted to put something positive for a change
are we talking about the same AD?
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 05:09   #30
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Erm, this was a good thread until I saw the post about the bonehead DC messing up 2 calls marking them covered for free roids.
Those are the only two we know about. :|
Other than that, I guess good job.
Unread 21 Dec 2005, 14:08   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboi
rock ftw!!!...
=p
get back in your box

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote