User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 13:31   #251
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: New Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
You call it a 'loophole' - it is not a 'loophole': planets can defend other planets, are sold on the basis that you can defend other planets and I fundamentally oppose any idea that a planet cannot defend another out of choice (subject to the limits I described above). Quite frankly what's being sold is not a fully functioning planet. In terms of an unfair contract term against a consumer, changing the rules at your discretion to stop a vital function of what's being sold is in my view, unreasonable. I do not see it as a valid term in this context. This is not exploiting code, or a glitch in the game: this is simply creating a legitimate setup out of what is made available.
It is a loophole really, anything that allows an alliance to circumnavigate ingame limits is a loophole. However its a loophole that imho was left open for a reason, this reason being that PATeam thought that alliances in this game would have the decenacy to play within the limits, and it seems they did for a number of rounds. Now we seem to have one alliance whos decided abuse the situation and PATeams hand has been forced. Its sad it had to happen and I hope exil are happy with themselves having now made the game tougher and less enjoyable for some people just because they put winning over everything even if it means going against the moral code of this community.

So yes we may not like this situation, I certainly dont and I'm sure most of the people whom have posted on this thread (even those supporting the actions) dont either BUT like Phil said we cant lay the blame soley at PATeam but also at the aspects of this community that allowed it to happen
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 13:54   #252
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

remove fleetmovements all together and its leveled and cosy
no cheating no nothing no fun prolly there its gonna end

peace out
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 13:55   #253
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
remove fleetmovements all together and its leveled and cosy
no cheating no nothing no fun prolly there its gonna end

peace out
troll, shoo.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 13:59   #254
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I agree with every word Wakey said.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 14:00   #255
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I second wakeys comments
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 14:05   #256
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Phil^ ftw!
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 14:14   #257
LileDevil

Stopped reading at page 3, so I dont know if anyone has mentioned this be4. But I think the PA team made a wise decision.
Allthough I dont think deciding this midround is the best choice, they better could have left it for next round rules.
But I have seen so many ppl complaining about not having the choice anymore to defend someone, i think they are overreacting.
But from my point of view PA team will monitor it according to the following(if not perhaps consider this ):
If you are defending a different coord that belongs to the same alliance on a regular base you are breaking the new rule.
If you are attacking the same galaxy within a number x eta as the same alliance on a regular base you are breaking the rule.

If you defend an old buddy alliance member every now and then, you arent breaking the rule. If you do this on a regular base you might reconsider this becoz it would look like multiing to me. Which is considered cheating, which means closure, nofi. But let's keep this fun 4 every1.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 14:34   #258
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having legitimate players sign up planets to defend you (signing up to play planetarion, what a crime!) is not an unfair advantage. It's organisation. Yes, they've made life tougher for the opposition. Yes they've made it hard on the opposition. But trying to wear down your opposition is what planetarion is sometimes about. They are not circumventing any ingame limits - people defend whoever they like, at what ETA bonus they have available to them. No one said defending from out of tag was illegal at the start of the round, and this is a practice that has been happening before this round.

If you want to limit how many times you can defend a tag in game within a certain period and hard code it, go right ahead from the start of the round.

If they're login sharing, multting, then delete them i say.

In my view this goes square against the unfair contract terms act, and I do not support it.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 14:36   #259
raist
raist

raist is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: New Rule

If you exceed the limit of people in your alliance, even though they may not be tagged, you are breaking the rules. That means you are cheating .

I would suggest you can choose type of race and play mode eg Cath - Scanner, Terran - Player??/ If you are a scanner you can't build ships for attack or defending out of gal?

What ever I am sure of is some sort of response.....at least I hope - lol

Can I just say that you must be one sad pri*k to spend all your time trying to work around the rules to win a game that means nothing when you cheat to do it. Get a life, get a partner (or at least spend some time with the one you have got - lol (that includes me)), or a dog.

I can resist anything except temptation?
raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:00   #260
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Lokken its not to ban everyone who defends outside of an alliance ffs its blatant obvious cheating when all you do is build a planet made specially for defence only.
What u see as cheating loop hole or not you can not have a planet made just for defence who is not even in the alliance it constantly defends while gaining no specific amount of roids is just plain cheating.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:02   #261
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

The thing is, they've just levelled out the playing field from this point onwards. It's not like they've suddenly disadvantaged an alliance, they've levelled it out.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:11   #262
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raist
Can I just say that you must be one sad pri*k to spend all your time trying to work around the rules to win a game that means nothing when you cheat to do it. Get a life, get a partner (or at least spend some time with the one you have got - lol (that includes me)), or a dog.
Whats worse is we pay for an upgraded account to win..... an upgraded account .

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:16   #263
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

A contract which allows one party to change what's in the contract after signing just seems wrong on every level...

The people who get closed for breaking this new rule, which they never agreed to, should get their money back at least.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:18   #264
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Lokken its not to ban everyone who defends outside of an alliance ffs its blatant obvious cheating when all you do is build a planet made specially for defence only.
What u see as cheating loop hole or not you can not have a planet made just for defence who is not even in the alliance it constantly defends while gaining no specific amount of roids is just plain cheating.
It is not cheating, if a player who has no other accounts chooses to play this way and accept that he will do poorly in terms of score, then that is a CHOICE that he should be fully allowed to make. To illustrate: say I (for the sake of argument) feel I do not have the time to play this round properly (24/7 checking of account and 0 sleep), but that I still want to play and to help my alliance, who I consider to be my friends. I know that my score will be dragging their average down and so I say I will help defend, but that I do not want to join ingame. Should PA team be able to say that I cannot play "poorly" if I wish to do so? and are they right in denying me to defend my friends, or whoever I want for that matter?
If their answer to this is yes, then I think it is time for me to find another game.

There might be a problem that needs to be adressed, but this is not the way of doing it. Rather suffer the problem for the time being, and solve it for next round, than implementing a haphazard solution that in essence is an insult to the players' free will. (pls do not start a discussion about free will and determinism based on this )
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:20   #265
noah02
The Original Terran

3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion.
Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your
Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the
notification available for your review.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:24   #266
Duncan

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of

Seems like an unfair contract term to me :|
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:25   #267
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
Load of gash

Point proven.

The 80 man alliance limit is there for a reason and bringing down the avg if there is under 80 doesnt make a blind bit of difference to any alliance lead in the game.

I will get my 300 army mates to make an account free accounts for that matter make loads of defence ships and defend an alliance of my choice coz i have my "freinds" there and we cant all join we will bring down the avg.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:29   #268
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Seems like an unfair contract term to me :|
Thats why you get the choice to agree or disagree with it.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:30   #269
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion.
Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your
Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the
notification available for your review.

hey, here is an idea... why not just solve the entire problem and save the multihunters alot of work:
disable the possibility of defending outside your gal (and your alliance if you have one). cluster def is in the greyzone; but hey, some friends of yours might be in that cluster and happen to be in an alliance..would not want you to be able to defend those now would we.

noah: that is what the eula says, yes; but it needs to be used with reason. if people start loosing rights such as being able to defend/play with who they want, then the predictions of doom for this game might very well come through.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:40   #270
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Not quite Storebo, you see, the alliances outside of the top 5 get a chance to add more members, this could include the scanners and defenders that weren't considered as important earlier in the round.
Well.. if your outside top5 you'll find a hard time competing with the top alliances. So is just a handicap..
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:46   #271
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisto
noah: that is what the eula says, yes; but it needs to be used with reason. if people start loosing rights such as being able to defend/play with who they want, then the predictions of doom for this game might very well come through.
Ppl can still defend each other outside there alliance outside the cluster and galaxy there allowed to thats there choice from what i can read.
But when you get an account solely built for defending ppl of an alliance you wont join then that is cheating.
I would go as far to say that the planet is probably a multi account because who pays for an account just for defending where is the fun in that?

Ppl are jumping to the conclusion that they will not be allowed to defend anyone but as long you are playing the game and not cheating then you will be able to defend as normal.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:47   #272
Duncan

Quote:
Thats why you get the choice to agree or disagree with it.
I can see how that clause is actually illegeal. It would allow them to do something like this: They decide to increase the game fee mid-round to whatever amount in Their discrection. They can then close your account without refund if you don't follow the new requirement.

There are are rules that contracts must abide by for them to be considered legal and I believe something like 3. isn't kosher. They get away with it cause a) They don't use that power to do anything too outrageous and b) who the **** is going to press charges for 5 bucks? I may be completely wrong here, I'm just using common sense.

edit- i also agree with lokken's other points.

Last edited by Duncan; 24 Nov 2005 at 15:54.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 15:49   #273
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I agree with everything Lokken has said...

To those saying that the rule is only against 'def farm' planets, and people who defend outside of tag on occasion will be fine - in my understanding, this is *not* what the new rule says, the new rule says that ANY defending out of tag is a cheating offence punishable by closure. At least that's how I understand it from the opening post in this thread.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:01   #274
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Ppl can still defend each other outside there alliance outside the cluster and galaxy there allowed to thats there choice from what i can read.
But when you get an account solely built for defending ppl of an alliance you wont join then that is cheating.
I would go as far to say that the planet is probably a multi account because who pays for an account just for defending where is the fun in that?

Ppl are jumping to the conclusion that they will not be allowed to defend anyone but as long you are playing the game and not cheating then you will be able to defend as normal.
If a player registers an account and wants to spend the entire round defending his alliance (yes, ppl can be" members" of an alliance even if they havent joined ingame) then that is his/her choice of playing style. it might not be very fair on smaller alliances, but punishing people for defending players that they consider friends, is NOT RIGHT, and this is essentially what this rule says, even if that is not what is intended.

If the planet is a multi, then there is no problem. close it. if it is a legitimate account, then playing as described above, does imho not constiture cheating.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:07   #275
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
If everyone is supposed to defend everyone, why do their limit alliance size's?

Alliance size is limited as a check to the creation of uber power blocks, it has nothing to do with this issue.

If a player decides he wants to play as an independant, but then choses to defend an old buddy then frankly that is his choice.

Or is my defending old friends in 1up not allowed? (or LCH or xVx / Vision)
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:09   #276
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Alliance size is limited as a check to the creation of uber power blocks, it has nothing to do with this issue.

If a player decides he wants to play as an independant, but then choses to defend an old buddy then frankly that is his choice.

Or is my defending old friends in 1up not allowed? (or LCH or xVx / Vision)

Yes, it would appear so. Defend someone and get banned from the game.

This game is about attack only, have you forgotten that?
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:15   #277
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
I can see how that clause is actually illegeal. It would allow them to do something like this: They decide to increase the game fee mid-round to whatever amount in Their discrection. They can then close your account without refund if you don't follow the new requirement.

There are are rules that contracts must abide by for them to be considered legal and I believe something like 3. isn't kosher. They get away with it cause a) They don't use that power to do anything too outrageous and b) who the **** is going to press charges for 5 bucks? I may be completely wrong here, I'm just using common sense.

edit- i also agree with lokken's other points.
It's actually a common practice to include such a paragraph, and the paragraph itself is not illegal (at least not in Germany). What is illegal, however, is altering a contract in the middle of its runtime to include "unmoralic" (?) terms and conditions.
The paragraph with the right to alter the contract is actually needed in case new ruling by the government changes certain laws your contract followed.

But then again, I can only speak for Germany.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:15   #278
Spymine

Spymine has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I will get my 300 army mates to make an account free accounts for that matter make loads of defence ships and defend an alliance of my choice coz i have my "freinds" there and we cant all join we will bring down the avg.
Interesting - how would those free account make up their speed disadvantage for defence purposes?
If you have a paid account you should be allowed to do whatever you want - and is not against the rules you accepted when signing up the account.
"Def farms" are legal unless you can prove they are mutli accounts - but this is a total different topic and you shouldn't mix them up.

<Wabbit> well, i guess learning by experience is better than being told - and having half the universe attacking you is a pretty big experience
Spymine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:25   #279
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I dont get where PA team pulls their stupid ideas from..

Frankly im glad im not playing this round, cause if i was, i would have been to inactive to play in NewDawn tag, and therefor i would be outside the tag, but denying me defending my mates tehre is insane..

"Ah, i got a great idea!"
"What?"
"Lets deny players doing things, even tho they paid for doing those things!"
"WOOT! GREAT IDEA!!!!"

Convo in PA-team channel perhaps :S

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:33   #280
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrab
pa is not a game any more, it's a concentration camp

i'm so not playing the next round as this is insane, come on, nowadays noone hardly cheats and if they do they do it properly so they don't get caught. get a grip multihunters, this isn't nazi germany in 1943 and we aren't jews.

and afaik exi just has some scanners who have def fleets, like pls who doesn't??? this isn't def farming but ok, whatever you decide mh team, but thanks to your actions less and less people enjoy pa and i'm sure the next round will see a lot less players than this one.
a lot more ppl will enjoy it when people like you who make rediculous idiotic comparisons are gone
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:37   #281
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spymine
Interesting - how would those free account make up their speed disadvantage for defence purposes?
If you have a paid account you should be allowed to do whatever you want - and is not against the rules you accepted when signing up the account.
"Def farms" are legal unless you can prove they are mutli accounts - but this is a total different topic and you shouldn't mix them up.
In cluster in gal build harpys and same ships and other ships fake defence easy.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 16:49   #282
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
consider your info source i doubt the multihunters will have made case info public.
that said, theres probably something in the fleet composition which looks suspect. ie a cath with only vipers, etc
You clearly have too much faith in PATeam. MHs do talk about cases they shouldnt, and I have personal experience with one abusing their access ingame (not in a major way mind, so it stays private). In the end it has always been like this, and always will while the staff are not paid or recruited to work in the same office situation.

PATeam do a good job for unpaid online gamers, but they are far from professional.

On topic: This is a real problem ingame, and did need to be dealt with. On the other hand I feel it should of been left to between rounds and made to include scanners, which a lot of alliances hold outside their alliance now and do defend. The line between those abusing and not abusing will become too fine otherwise.

Not perfect, but it is a lot better than not acting at all. Therefore you get a !

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:10   #283
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In cluster in gal build harpys and same ships and other ships fake defence easy.
I think he means that freebies can't finish the ETA branch, which means that when someone has eta 8 Fr inc, vipers out of tag won't be able to make it for that ETA, as I think ETA research is limited to 2? So Vipers would be ETA 10 to universe? Or is ETA research not limited for freebies?
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:13   #284
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
I think he means that freebies can't finish the ETA branch, which means that when someone has eta 8 Fr inc, vipers out of tag won't be able to make it for that ETA, as I think ETA research is limited to 2? So Vipers would be ETA 10 to universe? Or is ETA research not limited for freebies?
I am sure I will find out soon enough with my new free account hehe just outa protection and i got incoming already \o/

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:14   #285
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

We'll appearently people have a different view on the allaince and its limit. Some say scanners should be in, some say they should be out. Some think the sole reason of a ally is the -1 ETA. Others think it defines a group of people in Planetarion working together.

But I think that in the end what most important is not peoples views on these rules. But the way these rules are intended to work in the game. The way the Planetarion crew sees how Planetarion should be played and should be played fairly.

And I think that the way the rules are intended is that the allaince defines a group in planetarion that works together and therefore has a couple of benefits. Suchs as communication (forums), organisation (planned attacks) and improved coorperation (eta-1). Therefor a alliance should include all the players that work together and not just the people of the group that need the benifit of the -1 eta. And in that view the limit of 80 people is intended as a measure to prevent 1 allaince becoming too powerfull by sheer power of numbers.

Now somewhere allong the line the scanners started not wearing the allaince tag and the PA crew didn't object to that cos it usually involved a small number of players and most allainces were implementing it at the same time. The PA crew probably decided the fair gameplay was not in jeopardy and that no actions were neccesery.

Now however a step further is taken and allaince have started to allow players to join their group and helping out with def without wearing the allaince tag. The PA crew is worried that this threatens the intended effect of the limit (preventing 1 or 2 allainces becoming too powerfull by sheer numbers). They feel things are running out of control and are taking actions accordingly.

They could have done 2 things:
A) Enforce the ally limit back to its original intent (iow: Scanners need to wear tags).
B) Allow scanners to not wear tags but discern between scanner and defwhores and take measures against the latter.

I think it deserves some respect that they didn't chose the simpler of the two solutions and are looking for a way to reduce the problem without changing any currently accepted behaviour (namely: scanner without ally tag).

Instead of directing all the criticism at the new rule itself, try to think about the reasoning behind the rule:

1) Do you agree with the allaince member limit or not?

2) If you agree with the limit, do you think alliances should be allowed to have more actual members then the limit?

3) If so, which type of actual members do u think shouldn't have to wear a tag?

4) How do u see the PA crew enforcing/managing that?

If you answer question 1 with Yes, question 2 with yes and question 3 with 'scanners' how can u asnwer question 4 with anything other then the new rule?

If you answer 1 with Yes and 2 with No you probably support the A) solution above.

If you answer anything differently did u think about keeping planetarion fair for all players while forming your opinion and could you please let us hear your reasoning?
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:15   #286
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

still wondering why none of these exi players who moan so much now don't complain at their HC for allowing wishmaster to take over accounts (according to what your own people are saying)....

oh...wait.... you don't mind cheating :/ my bad.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:31   #287
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Surely these support planets should be reassessing their lives.

They play planetarion just to be a 'def whore' ?

Kudos to Phil^, Heartless, lokken, and the smart people in pages 2-5 that I didnt have time to read about who realise PA team have made the right decision here.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:36   #288
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo
I find this especially funny coming from a Ministry player, we both know that not all the Ministry are in the same tag.

I am not Ministry. I have not been Ministry. I am OuZo to the bone. Enough said.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:37   #289
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Ehm...

Imo this new rule is horsepiss. I joined this round for 1 reason and 1 reason only, which is to play for my alliance.
Your alliance is limited to 80 players. If you want to have more than that, sign up two alliances and make a block.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:38   #290
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

amen shyne, cept for the fact lokken thinks it's bad... as he says he as a couple of those people playing for him
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 17:47   #291
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaminated
so this rule means that we can no longer choose who we want to defend. Can you hard code this so we dont accidentally defend the wrong planet. Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a problem. If they aren't multi's let them play.
No, it means you can't constantly defend the same alliance/people outside of a tag. There's no need exagerate the situation, this has been covered in many posts.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 18:25   #292
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Usually an answer froom someone who is worrying about there account.

My account is static, i havent defended anyone except gal mates all round, in fact I was kicked form my alliance a week ago due to lack of activity.

so to be fair i couldnt give a tinkers cuss for my planet or anyone elses

I havnt the time to play this round due to moving house, taking a new job, and a whole host of other RL stuff far more important than PA (or any other game)

I object however on two levels,

One: Changing the rules mid round always causes grief for the players

Two: Who I defend or dont defend is my choice not PA Admins or anyone else.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 18:25   #293
Incredible
Can i get some green dots

Incredible is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
still wondering why none of these exi players who moan so much now don't complain at their HC for allowing wishmaster to take over accounts (according to what your own people are saying)....

oh...wait.... you don't mind cheating :/ my bad.

Felling sorry for loosing huh? Now, do ya, punk?
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 18:27   #294
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrab
pa is not a game any more, it's a concentration camp

i'm so not playing the next round as this is insane, come on, nowadays noone hardly cheats and if they do they do it properly so they don't get caught. get a grip multihunters, this isn't nazi germany in 1943 and we aren't jews.

and afaik exi just has some scanners who have def fleets, like pls who doesn't??? this isn't def farming but ok, whatever you decide mh team, but thanks to your actions less and less people enjoy pa and i'm sure the next round will see a lot less players than this one.
Congratulations, you just compared the PA team to the german nazi regime of WW II.

What people fail to see, is that when they throw a "I will quit" threat, others might continue playing. I'm quitting after this round unless this rule, or some variation of it, that stops these defwhores from playing.

I am in a group that is outnumbering those who quit if this rule stays, of that I am quite sure.

Unread 24 Nov 2005, 18:29   #295
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorinn
No, it means you can't constantly defend the same alliance/people outside of a tag. There's no need exagerate the situation, this has been covered in many posts.
exagerate...sort of difficult on this one.. PA team suddenly telling you who you can and cannot defend ingame. I think that is pretty outrageous and quite unacceptable. Will not sign up for r16 if that "rule" is still there
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 18:44   #296
cypher
U've been Moderated

nah doing fine thx for caring tho.... i'm quite sure my rank is higher then yours and i aint got a need for support accounts so no worries dude it's all good.

point remains tho... will your hc do anything about it or not?
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 19:16   #297
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
lol... another dumb post by dain my ships were removed, but don't let facts get in the way of you trying to act cool
Dear cypher, I am not trying to act cool, I will never ever reach your exhorted high levels of coolness even if I tried. But the facts are they did *not* delete your cathaar ships. Xontas, when confronted with these accusations of giving you an unfair advantage over all other paying players, even confirmed this. He then said that 'he forgot' to do it in your case but that it wouldn't happen again. When I asked about it in #private back then, Sid told me in PM that i should stfu about it, because if what happened was okay with the admins, it was okay with 1up. You got caught redhanded, theres various witnesses I had been talking to at that time. You cheated your way to a higher rank and a bigger planet that you, within the rules, had rights to. Therefor it makes you a hypocrite posting here that you agree with the PA administrations decision.

You are one of those old veteran players scratching their heads arent you?

I bow to lokken. He hits the nail right on top of the head and without any mercy.
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 19:21   #298
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
I got logs of them saying that people will be closed for what they did prior to the rule was in place.

And, it isnt exploiting it.

This is like saying it is exploiting the game if you ally another alliance and 160 attack 80.

THATS 2 vs 1!!omg.
That's depending how many friends that 1 alliance got
Might be the 160 who are outnumbered
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 19:22   #299
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
don't think it would hurt if some players did tho not saying it would be good if hk left... but surely there are "players" we could live without

anyways HK if it was just about a few planets it didn't matter...

and as for jumo's remarks... what is Exi HC gonna do about wishmaster having a "new" planet which isn't new at all, meaning he went on with a multi planet or he took over an account, which is both plain cheating. Jumo wouldn't lie would he... and surely you know. have you taken action or are you condoning it kaifux/other people in exi command?
The pot calling the kettle black.. hypocrite
Unread 24 Nov 2005, 19:25   #300
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
I dont get where PA team pulls their stupid ideas from..

Frankly im glad im not playing this round, cause if i was, i would have been to inactive to play in NewDawn tag, and therefor i would be outside the tag, but denying me defending my mates tehre is insane..

"Ah, i got a great idea!"
"What?"
"Lets deny players doing things, even tho they paid for doing those things!"
"WOOT! GREAT IDEA!!!!"

Convo in PA-team channel perhaps :S

If you were playing this round then you would actually see why this rule has bin implemented. I sujest unless you have knowledge of whats going on you reframe from posting. Especially abusive ones toward PA team which frankly are not funny.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote