User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Nov 2005, 02:28   #1
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Defending

Seeing as there is lots of talk about defplanets/multiplanets whatever...

Why not make a solution for it? Personally i was thinking something along the lines of this:

If you are a member of an alliance then only following people can defend you
Alliance mates
Galaxy mates
Cluster mates
Which is basically the thing you would need anyways

If you are a new person who just started playing and is trying to make friends but you haven't got an alliance yet:
Everyone can defend you. A multi won't defend his multi account anyways as it's not important really for them and people can help you if they are friends.

Obviously use the same eta advantages as there are currently in the game

I think by using this alot of people wouldn't be able to use multi accounts then anymore and it will become alot harder for them to use them regardless.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 02:31   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Defending

That sounds like a good idea, cuts out potential abuse while remaining fair
Suggest pateam implement it asap
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 03:52   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Dont you ever send defence to your mates, who may or may not be in your allaince?

occasionally someone needs def and i know them through #strategy etc, so as a lemming def h0e i will help them.

i must admit, its not all that frequent (once last round :\).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 04:05   #4
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

I do that aswell UN but i won't mind giving that priviledge up if that means a 50% cutback in total multi accounts.
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 04:58   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Well since the game is so much focused on working with allies, and not with non-allies like it used to (unfortunatly imho) I can't see why this would be a bad idea. It's not clear to me however how much this will actually help. So in that sense it may not be worth the effort.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 18:41   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

is wakey still about? if so, paging wakey to the thread...

(this has been discussed quite a few times before - it always gets discounted for hitting the little guy more than the big)

-mist
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 19:12   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

i doubt the big guys defend the little guys alot in all honesty.

and the little guys don't have the friends that do it everywhere anyways. but something has to be done with the current situation
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 19:13   #8
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Tbh, i actually like this idea. I will perhaps consider it cypher based on the responce from here.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 20:17   #9
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

Agrees to the idea.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 11:53   #10
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to like the idea as well a bigger community feed back would be nice
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 12:18   #11
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i agree with the idea as that is what you do anyway - maybe would encourage cluster alliances instead of multi def planets again

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 12:46   #12
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Very much dislike this idea. Back in the beggining of PA one of hte perks when alliances were not hard coded in, was that you could defend anyone. I, like Sovey, do occasionally defend a mate of mine if they ask for it.

Plus, this idea doesn't stop cheating at all. Multi planets would still exist for those who do fleet donations, top player scan planets, and other various things.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 13:23   #13
cypher
U've been Moderated

Doesn't help all of it obviously but it's a start. and tbh you are exi, i doubt your hc likes it when you use your fleet constantly to defend non members.

If by doing this we can solve a BIG part of the multi problem i don't see how it can be bad?

Obviously some small changes might be ok?
For example you can use this rule for the first 400/500 ticks only maybe, which means you can't use it early on when multi planets are most often used anyways.

Note that that was only an example and i'm sure others can think of much better options to refine it.

And what do you find more important nitina? stopping multiing or a few defencefleets that you can send to someone else? To be honest i am quite surprised you don't like this idea seeing as you are a member of #support and should be happy to stop anything that makes multiing easy.
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 13:27   #14
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

I like this idea, less of the swarms of little planets defending my targets

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 13:28   #15
suave

suave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of lightsuave is a glorious beacon of light

I say "two thumbs up" to this idea!
Unread 10 Nov 2005, 13:38   #16
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Seems a ver y sensible suggestion to me. As well as making life harder for multi accounts it also enforces the alliance membership maximum much better.

From a 1up perspective it'd mean than some of our scanners who arent currently in the ingame alliance would have to be brought ingame or would be unable to send defence (or receive it). That seems a small loss given that all other alliances would have the same thing - and any alliances whose members use multi planets to defend would suffer far more than us.