User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 09:37   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Round 15 Shuffle

The shuffle this morning went successfully. The reason it took 25 minutes is because, as Bashar suggested, I wrote everyones coords down on a piece of card each, then shuffled those cards as you would with a deck of cards and then typed in everyones new location after that! Oh, and I got distracted by Solitare for a while too!

Or alternatively, the delay was down to a slight issue in the renumbering of some galaxies. We didn't end up with planet numbers 1 to 10 in every gal, some had numbers ranging up to 60. However with a quick bit of renumbering code we updatedthe gals and corrected their coords.

If anyone notices anything wrong with the post-shuffle Universe, drop a reply here or contact us in #support. Happy playing and good luck!
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 09:40   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Round 15 Shuffle

A few questions people may have:
1) My co-ords/ ruler name / planet name haven't been updated on the universe page
2) I have small planets without many asteroids in my galaxy

In answer to 1) they'll be updated after the tick, and BEFORE any dumps happen (don't panic!)

In answer to 2), I think somehow some c200 planets got dragged into the shuffle. Either that or they're newly signed up planets. Either way, if you think they're inactive, don't bother exiling them - they'll be moved from your galaxy after 3-4 days of not logging in.
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 10:05   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Remember that you cant afford to waste your galaxy exiling power anymore due to time limits.

heh
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 10:18   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

- Increased the inactive free planet deletion from 5 days to 10 days.

So I have to wait another week until they are deleted or be punished by the galaxy exiling option.

Thanks.
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 10:19   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
- Increased the inactive free planet deletion from 5 days to 10 days.

So I have to wait another week until they are deleted or be punished by the galaxy exiling option.

Thanks.
they are auto exiled to c200 now instead of deleted quickly - so you should never need to exile them unless you are very impatient

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 10:20   #6
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well other than that I think the shuffle went pretty well, looking around. Nobody seems too overpowered and nobody seems to be struggling unnecessarily (ofc if they are, its their own fault since they chose 50% of the galaxy).

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 10:27   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Well other than that I think the shuffle went pretty well, looking around. Nobody seems too overpowered and nobody seems to be struggling unnecessarily (ofc if they are, its their own fault since they chose 50% of the galaxy).
Yes :-) I like the fact this is true. A lot of people seem to ahve gone for the 5 pack option so they only have themselves to blame ...

But about 75% of the paid planets buddied, so it's literally buddypack, a few random paid planets and then the free planets scattered on top - it's not quite private galaxies, but it's definately smaller than last round, and half of your gal mates are often ones you've chosen. I think it should work out ok (despite some galaxies having a few people with >50 roids)
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 13:51   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i still don't really understand why you can't switch all planets STILL under 50 roids automatically to c200 +...

wasn't that supposed to happen? so might aswell do it? then people who become active can exile to some nicer gals maybe
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 14:22   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

It's only the free planets with less than 50 roids that got move by the shuffle.

The reason for this is that out standard inactivity meassure does not work this early in the round as ticks haven't been running for long.

Inactive free accounts will be auto-exiled, but paid accounts will stay in their galaxies until exiled or until they self exile.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 14:59   #10
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

should add a feature so atleast ingal we can see if a planet is paid or not then
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 15:36   #11
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
should add a feature so atleast ingal we can see if a planet is paid or not then
last round you could

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 15:42   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
last round you could
only by accident of a certain feature though

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 30 Oct 2005, 16:49   #13
cypher
U've been Moderated

well it is much better... then we know if we should exile inactives or if he goes by default
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 05:31   #14
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
I agree, if its not too hard to code, maybe add it to the galaxy screen (only for ministers) the same way as alliances (simple as (F) and (P)). Would be a great help imo
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 06:10   #15
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

just curious, what does p45 stand for? anything?
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 06:20   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

just random i think. Someone might have suggested it at tick 45 last round .
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 10:32   #17
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

In the UK we have the Inland Revenue which I believe is the same as the IRS in the States. Basically, they're the bastards that take all our money in the form of tax.

When you leave a job to prove to the Inland Revenue that you've been sacked and no longer earning, you are given a form. The number of that form (because all forms are numbered to confuse us here in the UK) is P45.

So the reason we've got p45.planetarion.com is a play on the fact that you'll get sacked if you play it at work.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 11:19   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
ISo the reason we've got p45.planetarion.com is a play on the fact that you'll get sacked if you play it at work.
That's quite clever actually, i like!

In Australia, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) developed a Simplified Tax System which was introduced in 2000. It goes like this:

Step 1: Work out how much you've earnt.
Step 2: Give it all to us.

Unread 3 Nov 2005, 16:56   #19
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Haha.
Unread 3 Nov 2005, 22:46   #20
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Canada ftw, untaxed lottery winnings
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 13:39   #21
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron7684
Canada ftw, untaxed lottery winnings
Lottery winnings in the UK are not taxed, but each ticket you buy is taxed and subject to VAT @ 17.5% included in the price of the ticket.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 13:58   #22
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i'd like too suggest a questionnaire for next round's shuffle.
So that the players in a gal are of a similar disposition on certain issues ..... for instance, tolerance.
I have been left in a rather undesirable position after all my actives self exiled from 6:9 after a night of debate, where i argued the case for cultural relativity
whilst that is amusing (for me ), doing something like that has abuse written all over it.

firstly, inactive players will be able to deduce the 'correct' answers to various questions to lump them in with the most active players, so then they can have a free ride etc.

secondly, members of the same alliance (or block) can all fill out the same questionnaire exactly such that they are all lumped together after the shuffle. Obviously this depends on your strategy, but it might be a 'back door' into having private galaxies...
Unread 6 Nov 2005, 19:31   #23
eVil
the lite shine brite

eVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to beholdeVil is a splendid one to behold