User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Oct 2005, 21:22   #151
Agerus

Agerus can only hope to improve
Re: Predictions R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAsta_MArk
#1 Exhilation
#2 1up
#3 Angels
#4 ND
#5 ToF
#6 xVx
#7 Reunion
#8 VGN
#9 Orbit
#10 LCH
either Ex is #1 and 1up is in the middle of nowhere or vice versa
Agerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 21:36   #152
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Who the **** is Orbit?

R15 ~ R13, whoever is in the Exil block.. tbfh.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:16   #153
Ardy
Bored guy.

Ardy is on a distinguished road

#1 1up
#2 ND
#3 Ex
#4 Angels
#5 ToF
#6 Reunion
#7 xVx
#8 HR
#9 VGN
#10 LCH

HR for 12 rounds and counting.
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:20   #154
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody expecting Insomnia to show in the top 10?

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:25   #155
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

are they even playing this round to win (i.e. mass recruitment) or are they going to play to try and build up a strong core for future rounds (like Angels in some previous rounds when they had 40 players but 2nd average)
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 22:47   #156
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

My 100% trustworthy prediction, as always:

#1 1up
#2-10 all who fell for the propaganda and fencesitting

\ o /

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2005, 23:45   #157
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

#30 Penis-Allianz

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 00:43   #158
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Too true - however, it is funny to see how eXilition's plan seems to fulfill *g*

"Let's have 1up win r14 and come back in r15 to use the anti-1up feeling to trash them into the grounds and win second round we play."

good game exilition (if this is/was your plan), the playerbase tends to be stupid enough to rather help you guys win than have a fun round
I think you're stupid enough to actually believe that's their plan ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 05:24   #159
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
I think you're stupid enough to actually believe that's their plan ...
Actually, he has a point to some degree.

eXilition chose not to defend their #1 spot and we here at 1up can at least say we've always defended our rank and strived to get better if possible.

I doubt it's their 'grand master plan' - but it's surely a benefit to eXilition to have done what they did. Plus why would we be seeing so many predictions of eXilition at #1 otherwise? Alot of people are banking on the anti-1up feeling it seems to enable eXilition to build the relevant coalition.

I say this because there's absoloutely zero proof that eXilition is a better alliance - they won r13 through many alliances tearing 1up down and as I said, if you remember the history for that round you'd remember 1up and eXilition were actually keeping eachother level in terms of roiding.

All in all I agree, yet also disagree with Heartless' opinion.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 05:32   #160
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
But anything can happen. This round could be really exciting, or it could be more of the same crap again. Last round i thought Reunion would make the round interesting by dropping the nap with 1up and trying to go for #1. The signs were there, first the merge with hydra, then the ds members joining. And then... nothing. The biggest dissapointment of the round in my opinion.
So basically, i am hoping for 3 or even 4 alliances going solo for the top spot this round.
I'd have to say you're thinking narrow minded and short term to think dropping the NAP with 1up at that stage would have been a wise choice for Reunion.

Reunion/LCH/ND as a block would have probably tipped the balance, but then Reunion would have been stranded against LCH + ND (which had an agreement and were far more likely to work together especially as ND would stand a better chance at #1 that way) which would only have resulted in putting either LCH or ND as #1 and not Reunion if they had dropped the NAP.

Reunion I believe hoped that the war with ND would have been easy. It was a race of time between 1up and Reunion to who could defeat their chosen enemy first. Reunion stood the chance of better gains due to ND's average size at the time so on paper Reunion could have easily slipped ahead of 1up during this period (especially as 1up vs LCH had seemed to be swinging back and forth with marginal leaning in favour of 1up)

Reunion stood a better chance of #1 in sticking with the NAP. Perhaps if they had defeated ND they could have had more political weight in which to force things more onto their side and thus THEN dropped their NAP with 1up, but it didn't work out like that. In conclusion, dropping the NAP when the naysayers said so was of no benefit to Reunion in the slightest - 1up wasn't their problem, it was the combination of ND/LCH and they needed to be culled first before any move against 1up.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 05:55   #161
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

predictions
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 05:58   #162
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
predictions
I predict TheRat will play for the first week, get roided, then quit.

Happy now?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 08:52   #163
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
I'd have to say you're thinking narrow minded and short term to think dropping the NAP with 1up at that stage would have been a wise choice for Reunion.

Reunion/LCH/ND as a block would have probably tipped the balance, but then Reunion would have been stranded against LCH + ND (which had an agreement and were far more likely to work together especially as ND would stand a better chance at #1 that way) which would only have resulted in putting either LCH or ND as #1 and not Reunion if they had dropped the NAP.

Reunion I believe hoped that the war with ND would have been easy. It was a race of time between 1up and Reunion to who could defeat their chosen enemy first. Reunion stood the chance of better gains due to ND's average size at the time so on paper Reunion could have easily slipped ahead of 1up during this period (especially as 1up vs LCH had seemed to be swinging back and forth with marginal leaning in favour of 1up)

Reunion stood a better chance of #1 in sticking with the NAP. Perhaps if they had defeated ND they could have had more political weight in which to force things more onto their side and thus THEN dropped their NAP with 1up, but it didn't work out like that. In conclusion, dropping the NAP when the naysayers said so was of no benefit to Reunion in the slightest - 1up wasn't their problem, it was the combination of ND/LCH and they needed to be culled first before any move against 1up.
I totally disagree. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

You say ND/LCH/Reunion would have probably tipped the balance. I agree. I don't think it would have changed it so much so that the 40m (or so) gap would have been cut down so quickly and then beaten so any of that 3 would be dropped. And if an alliance was dropped, it would have made more sense to drop ND, as we would have most likely been the one ahead of the 3.

And since the round finished, the LCH HC at the time has said nothing but derogatory comments about ND.

Reunion made a bad call, eod.
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 10:31   #164
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, he has a point to some degree.

eXilition chose not to defend their #1 spot and we here at 1up can at least say we've always defended our rank and strived to get better if possible.

I doubt it's their 'grand master plan' - but it's surely a benefit to eXilition to have done what they did. Plus why would we be seeing so many predictions of eXilition at #1 otherwise? Alot of people are banking on the anti-1up feeling it seems to enable eXilition to build the relevant coalition.

I say this because there's absoloutely zero proof that eXilition is a better alliance - they won r13 through many alliances tearing 1up down and as I said, if you remember the history for that round you'd remember 1up and eXilition were actually keeping eachother level in terms of roiding.

All in all I agree, yet also disagree with Heartless' opinion.
This is quite funny, AD is creating this big vendeta between Exi and 1up. Everyone including both alliances help creating this big epic battle ...

I don't think exi didn't play to avoid confrontation, hence why I thought his remark was plain idiocy. Also, and this has been done before, you greatly overrate the anti 1up feeling. This feeling has been around for the last 3 rounds, of which you won 2/3 ...

I think it's used more and more as an excuse then as anything else. I for one never had nor will have anti 1up feelings. I respect that alliance but I'll fight it and destroy it if that's what it takes for the alliance I'm part of to win.
And I think alot of alliances think that way. Mind you that most anti 1up posters here are members, not HC's ... In the end it are the HC's that decide to course of action.

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Oct 2005, 11:31   #165
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I think it is the duty of every alliance/HC/player to keep the round alive (interesting).
In round 14 i couldn't believe people's fear of attacking 1up - i left quite a few messages on my alliance forum - quite basically saying - get together with other alliances and attack 1up.
You wouldn't believe the comments - 'they will destroy us' 'they are too strong' blah blah blah
Well my alliance did attack 1up but they left it til the last day - whippy woo
A friend of mine was in insomnia and he told me how nevrous everyone was cos they were going to attack 1up.
For gods sake these guys were just people - yes very good at the game and very active BUT their ships took the same eta as everyone else, they didn't have 5 fleet slots each or anything, they didn't have a special weapon that could destroy a whole fleet that attacked them at the press of a button and they couldn't climb thru ur computer screen and murder u in ur sleep for daring to stand against them.
Well the point is 1up last round were just a bunch of 20 or 30 increadibly active players and about 50 or 60 other pretty active players - tactically excellent yes, politcally excellent yes too, unbeatable no.
They managed to totally dominate the round from about week 5 leading to calls of stagnation, BORING BORING round etc etc etc - and I BLAME
Every single alliance, every single HC and player who let this happen.
How much more fun would of the round been if in the last 3 weeks 1up would have taken a total battering off the 300 to 500 players who were probably still playing seriously.
1up would have probably still won the round cos they're not stupid enough to lose fleets etc - but it would have been quite an exciting end to what was a very good round.
God this sounds as if i'm so anti 1up
and its totally not the case - i've learnt so much from how they play and I respect them totally
BUT if they are winning the next round - i'm gonna be attacking them - with or without my alliance
Whoever is winning that's who i'll be attacking - for the good of the round - for the good of PA
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 12:28   #166
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i wub zoro and think he rocks (could be cuz me and elviz got fanmail tho from him ) D

he's the kinda player i'd love to have in my alliance.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 13:26   #167
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

You know what would be funny? If "the rest" got united and bashed the living daylight out of both Exilition and 1up the entire round. :eek:
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 13:37   #168
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
You know what would be funny? If "the rest" got united and bashed the living daylight out of both Exilition and 1up the entire round. :eek:
that would be a fun round.
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 17:21   #169
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Once again 1up, Exi, ND and Angels manage to make the thread all about them.... give it a ****ing rest, this is for predictions for R15, not yet another 1up,exil,nd,angels argument, arrogance hits unbelievable levels when u lot start talking, like theres nuthing else to PA except u lot.

Predictions for R15

#1 1up
#2 Exil
Could easily be the other way round but bound to be one of the 2 winning unfortunately, as it will provide yet another round of threads being hijacked

#3 Angels
#4 ND
again could be the other way round, the sidekicks so to speak, though ND may well be alone and fighting hard, just overpowered by the 3 above them

#5 Reunion
#6 ToF
Both put in strong performances last round and i expect both to do so again Reunion probably getting involved in battles higher up, ToF doing their own thing

#7 Subh
With a round of experience as a BG in bigger allys important skills will have been learnt, strong memberbase now will give them have them scrapping in the top 10
#8 Insomnia
Someone had to put them in lets hope the collapse of last round dosnt repeat, the possibility of that happening is why ive put them down here
#9 xVx
Did well last round, cant explain why i dont expect the same again, just a hunch i suppose.
#10 Vengeance
finished strong last round but need to perform like that all round to do well, very strong chance of suprising and doing much better, we shall see

#11-#15
The likes of HR,LCH, F-Crew, TGV, Orbit, will occupy these positions probably, with HR and LCH leading the group, TGV,F-Crew and Orbit scrapping for 13th
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 18:14   #170
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

#1 1up
#2 eXilition

I think this is all that i can predict atm. It will be a great battle, and eX are a welcome bit of competition we see again, and i don't agree with the consencus that one will be left standing and the other be hit into oblivion.

I believe that both of these alliances have the quality to adapt and offer a fierce competitiveness without losing ground. Of course, the argument that other alliances will affect the battle and offer a weight that decides the round is a perfectly valid one, i just hope that these alliances offer to hinder both of us, rather than the onslaught 1up saw in r13.

Yes, I'm sure that sounds like a 1up opinion ('1up will win... blah..blah') but it is my opinion that it could go to the wire, which i hope it does.

Every alliance has a fresh start and as long as the political desiscions they make are for their own alliance (rather than trying to swing any title-war) it could be an exciting round.
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 18:21   #171
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I totally disagree. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

You say ND/LCH/Reunion would have probably tipped the balance. I agree. I don't think it would have changed it so much so that the 40m (or so) gap would have been cut down so quickly and then beaten so any of that 3 would be dropped. And if an alliance was dropped, it would have made more sense to drop ND, as we would have most likely been the one ahead of the 3.

And since the round finished, the LCH HC at the time has said nothing but derogatory comments about ND.

Reunion made a bad call, eod.
Where is this "proof" exactly? You're supremely arrogant to call it a bad decision and 'end of discussion' when your own supporting theory for it all is riddled with holes.

You're first off assuming that any war against 1up would have last 4-5 weeks in order for none of the three to have been dropped. You're then also assuming that Reunion could have maintained #1 against 2 other alliances rising within the rankings who stood to gain as well. Thirdly, Reunion would have been heavily targetted by 1up for the simple reason it was above us, had roids and we had 100% accurate intel for in such a situation.

Reunion dropping their NAP with 1up would only have benefited Newdawn and LCH, not themselves. They stood no gain from it.

Reunion stood no chance of #1 with dropping the NAP - they would have had too many enemies to deal with in order to do so.

Reunion stood a small chance of #1 by keeping the NAP with 1up.

So logically, they went for the second option.

They made the right decision for what information was available at the time. I personally don't buy your dreamworld.

"End of discussion"

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 19:30   #172
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

The proof is the end results. Napped to the winning alliance, they failed to beat the alliance constantly being roided by the top alliance.

They finished 3rd. I don't believe they'd have finished any worse if they had dropped the nap. Do you? honestly?
Unread 8 Oct 2005, 20:42   #173
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

They made the right decision for what information was available at the time. I personally don't buy your dreamworld.

"End of discussion"
The_Fish got a point here Zhil ...

Reunion napped #1 and went for #2 alliance while #1 also went for #2 ... still they failed to overtake ND and got stuck at being 3rd.

So yes, they failed because the point of NOT dropping the nap was to become the best alliance behind 1up. Ranks prove that they failed. hence the only conclussion would be that they made the wrong decision. They CERTAINLY weren't outnumbered.

If they didn't nap 1up, they probably would have ended around the same position, who knows maybe better.

I'm just looking at it objectively, not being part of any of the major alliance during r14. But I guess it's always easy speaking afterwards.

P.S. I still wub ya Legs

FA Gaming community

Unread 8 Oct 2005, 23:45   #174
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
The proof is the end results. Napped to the winning alliance, they failed to beat the alliance constantly being roided by the top alliance.

They finished 3rd. I don't believe they'd have finished any worse if they had dropped the nap. Do you? honestly?
It's certainly better than what Reunion had originally hoped to achieve I believe.

You're examining the situation whilst biased I'm afraid. I know we all are biased but I actually put myself in Reunion shoes for a moment. My 'theory' makes sense - yours unfortunately (for you) doesn't.

The end result doesnt mean squat in this situation - the happenings THERE and THEN is what counts. As Sid pointed out earlier in the round, alot of people are simply being black and white on this - and decisions aren't always like that.

I don't want to speak for Reunion but the only reason they finished 3rd was due to their own activity during the 1up-ND war. But what does that matter? The decision was based around what could have got Reunion #1 not #2 or below.

As that stands, the option they went with gave them the better chance of #1. Read carefully Fish, it might be hard for you to accept but Reunion stood no gain from dropping the only NAP they had - they stood more to gain from keeping it.

If I was in Reunion shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing.

I don't get where the "they ended 3rd thus made wrong decision" comes from. It's not that simple - was Fury wrong to go to war with Legion for r4? Was Xanadu wrong to keep a inter-round war with Fury? Was Elysium wrong for supporting Wolfpack against Eclipse? Was LCH wrong for supporting eXilition in r13? All these things are decisions that don't have clearcut "they were wrong decisions". The end result does not decide whether a decision was flawed or not. In the case of Reunion it's rather simple and I'm shocked alot of you don't seem to grasp such a simple concept - so I'll repeat it for you:

At the time of the theorized drop of NAP, Reunion stood a much better chance of reaching #1 through keeping their NAP with 1up. Dropping the NAP would have GUARANTEED absolute ZERO chance of Reunion gaining #1. They did not defeat ND, and thus they did not get #1. Wrong decision? Not at all, the other option wouldn't have gotten them anything better - but at least they stood a chance with the decision they made.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 00:31   #175
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
At the time of the theorized drop of NAP, Reunion stood a much better chance of reaching #1 through keeping their NAP with 1up. Dropping the NAP would have GUARANTEED absolute ZERO chance of Reunion gaining #1. They did not defeat ND, and thus they did not get #1. Wrong decision? Not at all, the other option wouldn't have gotten them anything better - but at least they stood a chance with the decision they made.
Actually Zh|l, I'd have to disagree there. At the time of the thoreized drop of the NAP, Reunion stood a better chance of gaining #1 through dropping the NAP. 1up was consistantly outroiding reunion every night, and with 1up's previous round history in thought, reunion HCs should have realized that the *ONLY* method for passing 1up in the rankings, was to ensure they kept loosing roids and score and would not maintain their high level of growth. Unfortunatly I think that Reunion is fairly new and was not capable of running the type of war against 1up (given an ND NAP). In fact, out of the few feeble attempts of a 'war' reunion fought against ND (during LCH vs. 1up conflict), I'd say the majority of the semi-decent fleetcatchs and attempts of battle were put forth by the dS BG. There was about a 3000% decrease in fleetcatchs & better quality raids towards the end of reunion's round.

On the other hand, I also partially agree with you. Reunion did what was in the best intrest of themselves because of their decreasing chances of survival due to demoralization, decreasing activity, and burn out.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 00:38   #176
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
Actually Zh|l, I'd have to disagree there. At the time of the thoreized drop of the NAP, Reunion stood a better chance of gaining #1 through dropping the NAP. 1up was consistantly outroiding reunion every night, and with 1up's previous round history in thought, reunion HCs should have realized that the *ONLY* method for passing 1up in the rankings, was to ensure they kept loosing roids and score and would not maintain their high level of growth. Unfortunatly I think that Reunion is fairly new and was not capable of running the type of war against 1up (given an ND NAP). In fact, out of the few feeble attempts of a 'war' reunion fought against ND (during LCH vs. 1up conflict), I'd say the majority of the semi-decent fleetcatchs and attempts of battle were put forth by the dS BG. There was about a 3000% decrease in fleetcatchs & better quality raids towards the end of reunion's round.

On the other hand, I also partially agree with you. Reunion did what was in the best intrest of themselves because of their decreasing chances of survival due to demoralization, decreasing activity, and burn out.

-NitinA
The simple Reunion joining in on attacking 1up would not have made Reunion more healthy for #1. Why? Because Reunion would have been targetted right back itself by 1up as already stated. Additionally, compare LCH to ND at the time. Reunion stood to get much better gains from ND than 1up stood to gain from LCH (LCH and 1up at the time werent exactly great targets). ND was also viewed as much weaker and an easier alliance to hit than say LCH was viewed as.

I think from the Reunion viewpoint they stood a better chance of #1 with keeping the NAP, but that viewpoint perhaps underestimated ND and their ability to hit back against Reunion. If Reunion's plan had worked - they would have outroided 1up and since they had recently taken #1 spot there would have been nothing 1up could have doen about it as we were focussed on LCH at the time.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 00:42   #177
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Reunion got third place due to a merge that should never have been done.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 01:54   #178
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Reunion got third place due to a merge that should never have been done.
one ends #3 by merging ... others by napping everyone ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Oct 2005, 02:00   #179
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
one ends #3 by merging ... others by napping everyone ...
I thought angels finished second in r13?

Sorry :((((((((((((((((((((((((
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 11:24   #180
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I thought angels finished second in r13?

Sorry (((((((((((((((((((((((
to JBG ands the idiot neg repping me with the same remark ... learn your history and facts or fk off kindly.

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Oct 2005, 11:55   #181
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

reunion couldnt beat ND, i fail to see how 1up could have been beaten instead...? as far as I could see Reunion dropping the nap could have led to an even lower rank, its all a lot of "could have, would have, might have" tbh
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:05   #182
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

At the end of the day if Reunion had taken a NAP with ND to hit 1up with LCH and ND then 1up would have been beaten and Reunion would more than likely have ended up 2nd instead of 3rd. Anyone wanna prove that wrong?
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:07   #183
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

can you prove that right??? quite clearly no
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:23   #184
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm wearing a fez right now. Ain't that cool?

And I still think Reunion would have had a better chance by dropping NAP with 1up, as I would have expected 1up to try and break ND first as we were just so fat and had so many caths. But that's just a guess :/

But that's their prerogative, and 1up deserved the victory most either way.

EDIT: My prediction
1) 1up
2) Reunion
3) Angels
4) eXilition
5) Subh
6) NewDawn
7) Tides of Fire
8) xVx
9) Vengeance
10) Insomnia

I genuinely have no idea, so this is a complete guess. 1up/Reunion combo hammers eXil down (as I don't know who they will ally with and how strong LCH will turn out). Angels cruise through for a lot of it (Not meant in an offensive way, joining in may well unbalance things. Kj explained the problems in another post), ND try to do same but get hammered for some reason towards the end, allowing Subh past them. Tides of Fire put in a consistant strong performance but don't quite manage to outdo ND. VGN get a nice average again but lack the numbers to be higher. xVx continue to strengthen themselves but still aren't quite ready this round due to large % of newer layers. Insomnia do well as they aren't compromised by mass recruiting and therefore shipjumping later in round.

Last edited by Gate; 9 Oct 2005 at 12:32.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:25   #185
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

oh can we please drop this pointless "i think if .... then ... if not ..." discussion ?

1. it is clearly off-topic
2. it is clearly boring
3. it is clearly 5 weeks to late to talk about this

and even if both sides (Reunion & ND) made offers to each other both were NOT ready or in the position to co-operate.

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:32   #186
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth
reunion couldnt beat ND, i fail to see how 1up could have been beaten instead...? as far as I could see Reunion dropping the nap could have led to an even lower rank, its all a lot of "could have, would have, might have" tbh
i love the confidence reunion members have in their own abilities

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:45   #187
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
Once again 1up, Exi, ND and Angels manage to make the thread all about them.... give it a ****ing rest, this is for predictions for R15, not yet another 1up,exil,nd,angels argument, arrogance hits unbelievable levels when u lot start talking, like theres nuthing else to PA except u lot.
tbh you and wakey are the kings of making threads about yourselves and f-crew. There is nothing else to pa besides winning so i really dont see your point, why whine? If you can tell me the overall objective of pa, and then expect the thread not to be about top contenders and people throwing there theories out in the open well, you really shouldnt read AD then son.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 12:49   #188
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

How can you predict where exilition will end? I really dont get it, what proof is there that the exilition of round 13 will play round 15, do people know for certain or have I just missed the ball I remember alot of players saying they wouldnt play pa again from exilition after round 13 but hmm?
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 14:39   #189
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
tbh you and wakey are the kings of making threads about yourselves and f-crew. There is nothing else to pa besides winning so i really dont see your point, why whine? If you can tell me the overall objective of pa, and then expect the thread not to be about top contenders and people throwing there theories out in the open well, you really shouldnt read AD then son.
If you aren't going to win, you can play to enjoy planetarion and try to contribute to the game.

I personally would rather have a universe with f-crew in it, than a universe without.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:23   #190
Alki
Drink is Good

I understand that, and i do like f-crew but i am being objective, the threads are predictions, main topic of interest is who is going to win the round, then he whines about the top contenders yapping about who will win etc. He is right there is something else to pa other than 'you lot' but this thread isnt for the something else is it.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 15:48   #191
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
They managed to totally dominate the round from about week 5 leading to calls of stagnation, BORING BORING round etc etc etc - and I BLAME
Every single alliance, every single HC and player who let this happen.
Though i agree with you to some extent, there is a part where i don't agree. It definatly isn't in every alliance its best interest to hit 1up (or whoever is the leading alliance at that point). Depending on the universe size difference (in score between each ally) the battle for #1 is mostly interesting for the top3-5 alliances. At the start i guess each alliance its aim would be to get as high in the ranking as possible, but in the end there are only a few alliances who would benefit from a direct fight with the leading alliance. And those are the ones who would have a chance on overtaking them.

Usually the alliance below top 5 are to far away from the leading alliance to help that fight. And eventhough the round may stagnate for some alliances if they refuse to fight their direct opponents, most lower ranked alliances will still be playing the game as normal and try to consolidate or improve their rank by hitting alliances around their size instead of bothering to fight a pointless battle against the top allies which won't get them anywhere. Stagnation usually means that fight for #1 has been decided and that the other competing allies have 'given up', but it in no way means the entire game is halted, there will always be alliances fighting to improve their rank, no matter what their current rank is.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 17:42   #192
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

As for a top 10 predictions...I think there is a good few flame grilled as at is I don't know all the alliances that didn't play in R14 in great detail.
(R6-12 was a gap in my PA playing and started playing PA again in the last 2 weeks of R13)

What I do predict is....
Some alliances will exceed expectations, some will complain of players being poached/bashed
Some players will have big(ger) heads, some will quit the round early and bitch about it.
Some HCs will pick their fights well, some HCs will complain that other ally's blocks/NAPs stagnate the round.

Boy am I looking forward to it.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 18:31   #193
helikopter

helikopter can only hope to improve

1up or exi for 1st spot, but the round will be ruined with blocking, again...
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 19:09   #194
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by helikopter

Could you define what "ruined" is. One of the most exciting rounds ive been played in was round 13 which was a heavily blocked round. So long as the sides are evenly matched there is nothing wrong with a blocked round.
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 19:44   #195
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Alki only an extremely small part of those posts are about predictions for THIS coming round, the rest is all arguments about last round and even in some cases r13, i mean look at the current one, their arguing about how reunion would have done if they cut the NAP with 1up, wtf has that got to do with predictions for next round????

I agree with the F-Crew thing, Wakey and i do tend to post alot of threads, but mine are generally info about the quiz or some random song parodies/ways to insult wakey, fun stuff, and we dont post of nearly every single thread on AD about exactly the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Incidentally im no longer in F-Crew either so u wont see anymore FC threads by me
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 22:00   #196
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I predict TheRat will play for the first week, get roided, then quit.

Happy now?
Hey, my gal!
lol
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 22:26   #197
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by helikopter
ooo duder u back n playing r15 again? i hope none of ur 3 predictions comes true
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 23:18   #198
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

#1 1up
#2 ND
#3 Angels
#4 Insomnia
#5 eXhilation
#6 Reunion
#7 Subh
#8 ToF
#9 F-Crew
#10 NoS

That seems about right.

I think 1up will holf off a major trick, and despite last efforts of bringing them down, they take the victory with ease.
Also think the exhilation ally will fight well, but...

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 23:37   #199
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

SKyHead, I'm sure you can give HR a spot on that list
Unread 9 Oct 2005, 23:50   #200
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Haha, wanna trade them for NoS?

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote