User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Sep 2005, 06:06   #1
Iceman
Take that

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point
golden roids..

is it possible to make the golden roids jump back to the planet that held it from the last round, ie:

if you ended the round with the metal roid you would be issued another credit as normal (if you held it for the longest that round anyway).. and another credit which automatically gives you that roid next round

i say this because take for instance again the metal roid, which this round didnt at all leave 1:1, and im gonna point the finger at the fact that 1:1:6 ended the round with 94k value.

simply, noone active can take the roid when the person who holds it does not play.

I also say this because it is in the first 72 ticks i believe the golden roids would be most useful, and as (not playing) 1:1 gets them... its kinda wasted.

as an added note im pretty sure we only got pishmishys golden roid off him because we got him to 0 roids. else he too would probably have his too \o/
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 08:55   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: golden roids..

someone finished with a golden roid last round clearly..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 10:14   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

aww... it is just the excuse you need to roid the PA team.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 10:57   #4
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

heh so giving the 'winner' of the golden roid race a golden roid race the next round AND a free credit? how about we keep the playing field even like pa team are now doing instead of giving certain people silly advantages.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 11:23   #5
Iceman
Take that

its not a silly advantage... infact i think it would make ppl take the golden roids more seriosuly... since they arent.
Unread 29 Sep 2005, 23:23   #6
Ron7684
Eat My Roids

Ron7684 can only hope to improve

before i say anything, this is fcked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
I also say this because it is in the first 72 ticks i believe the golden roids would be most useful
Well theres your own reason. For the first 72 ticks, a player would hold each golden roid. Too much of an advantage. A ter can churn out 20 constructions before leaving protection :S and within 72 ticks, you do the most initiating. If you look at a site like sandmans, you'll see that the whole universe inits roids and after 72 loses them all. Most people dont get back to this roid level for a while. This would mean massive res bonuses which is just too much that early in the game.

As for the fact that 1:1 is too small, it gives the smaller players a chance to compete for something, if everyone who holds a golden roid has under 300k value, it will be a competition for the small players where huge alliances dont wave a planet to get their roid.

tbh its good as it is, dont change it
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 02:14   #7
Iceman
Take that

ROFL dude players who are under 235000 value (the value required to attack 1:1:6 at the end of this round for instance) Clearly arent playing the game. PERIOD. Even if they log in once a day and check build a construction they arent playing. No active player has 235k value at the end of the round and if they get bashed that far they stop playing. There is no if about it else one of these "low value players" would have eventually claimed it this round.

besides stop thinking about the additional res, that only supplements the incomings you are going to get on tick 72 because other ppl want the roid. It just means that other ppl who want the roid wont be too big to take it. which is the whole point in this feature.
Unread 30 Sep 2005, 11:33   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies
aww... it is just the excuse you need to roid the PA team.
We need reasons now?
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 13:06   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
ROFL dude players who are under 235000 value (the value required to attack 1:1:6 at the end of this round for instance) Clearly arent playing the game. PERIOD. Even if they log in once a day and check build a construction they arent playing. No active player has 235k value at the end of the round and if they get bashed that far they stop playing. There is no if about it else one of these "low value players" would have eventually claimed it this round.

besides stop thinking about the additional res, that only supplements the incomings you are going to get on tick 72 because other ppl want the roid. It just means that other ppl who want the roid wont be too big to take it. which is the whole point in this feature.

hehe i'm just gonna go assume this is your second round or something which is why you don't know much about stuff that happens
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 15:44   #10
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
its not a silly advantage... infact i think it would make ppl take the golden roids more seriosuly... since they arent.
Starting a new round with an advantage for 6 planets is lame
Unread 1 Oct 2005, 21:51   #11
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
infact i think it would make ppl take the golden roids more seriosuly... since they arent.
This game, my friend, is about fighting against other alliances, not for golden roids.
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 02:05   #12
kingzzz

kingzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

just periodcially give pa team value... i mean if they are inactive it dont matter.. make like value is given so that 10% of top 100 can hit them ( or 200 etc)
kingzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2005, 10:54   #13
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

why ? the golden roids are taken in the 100-200 first ticks and then a lot of players should be able to attack them. and if they stay in 1:1 it is obvious not a lot of ppl care about them.

i almost forgot till someone said smth about them on the end of the round ceremony

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote