User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Aug 2005, 18:19   #51
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Surprise Alliance of Round 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [i2k]Xy
Hydra. They had big players, but a small membercount last round. If their recruitment tactics have worked, they might suprise a fair few people.
If memory serves me correctly they had a grand total of 1 member last round. So yes, a small membercount indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I think [APA] and COVEN are gonna do even better this round.
So much for your prediction about APA

Unread 15 Aug 2005, 22:20   #52
dug2002

dug2002 can only hope to improve

i still say the powwer
dug2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 22:46   #53
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug2002
i still say the powwer
can anyone please instruct me how to ignore irritations on forums please,

in PM thanx.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2005, 23:19   #54
dug2002

dug2002 can only hope to improve

im not an irritation im just voicing my oppininon
dug2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2005, 00:27   #55
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Its an irritation because your posting about how much of a suprise your alliance will be with no justification whatsoever. Its not even as if these posts by you were before the round started, they are after a good chunk of the round has taken place and theres nothing to suggest you have anything to spring a suprise with, You are 21st and are 5mill off being top 20, and 15mill off top 15. Now to be pushing as a suprise youd have to be putting in a true fight for top10 so your looking at in excess of a 25mill gap.

Now its good to have goals and targets but look to root them in some reality. Theres nothing worse for members to see a HC predict great things and then fail to meet these even if the results were very good. Its better at your stage to set small goal after small goal which you can acheive than one big goal that you stand little chance of acheiving.

And certainly dont annoy the other alliances with posts like your making, you need to be taken somewhat seriously by both the other alliances and the players which atm you arent. Alliances whos leaders make the kind of impact on the community that you are making have a habit of falling flat on their face as the negative image they portray rubs off. Tone it down and show some modesty UNTIL you have something to boast about
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 16 Aug 2005 at 21:12.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 10:04   #56
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

hear hear oh glorious leader if you think ure gonna suprise ppl dug fair enuf, but no need to repeat it over and over again, thats just a pain in the ass, we heard you the first time.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 12:00   #57
aim2000

aim2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
they are around 'again'

they have their comeback.

I was g-ii in r4 and r5

should it not be G-III then ?

r1 - IPC peon
r2 - IPC HC
r3-6 IPC peon
r8-13 VsN peon
r14 XvX (DC)
r15 - quit
r16-23 XVX/vsn depending on who was playing

vsn at heart
aim2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 01:42   #58
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Angels
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 13:18   #59
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Angels
hardly

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 13:34   #60
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Kj is correct, surely I wasn't the only one who saw it coming?
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 16:30   #61
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Myabe even a suprise allie will make it to the top position.
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 16:49   #62
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker

So much for your prediction about APA

Isnt APA sorta TGV now instead and they are doing pretty well atm.

But I was wrong about COVEN to I suppose they been a rare sight this round

I think If anyone has surprised me this round its probs F-Crew stunning job so far and ND after there slanderous last round.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2005, 20:39   #63
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

tgv ftw!
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 02:19   #64
Celebrant
All is lost all is lost:P

Celebrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think that tHE_Powwer will be the alliance that suprises every one they are a good competing alliance
ROFL, you must be joking

[1up]
Celebrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 02:24   #65
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

All who expected ToF to be steady in 4th place raise your hand...
/me doesn't see many hands
Shows who I think is the suprise ally of this round, even if I'm ToF.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 11:20   #66
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

yes as the round goes on ToF have surprised me (also blowing your own trumet aint a good way to go, however at least you have something to blow it about).

also f-crew seam to be holding a sold respectable t10 ranking congrats to both of you, congrats to both of you, and hop you keep it up (but not too well, were sandwitched in the middle )
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 11:49   #67
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

If I don't blow on my own trumpet nobody will, the rest of the community will just keep on calling us noobs & a crap ally simply caus they won't accept the fact that we've grown from noobally to a decent ally capable of doing some/alot damage. (btw: I take it the person giving me negreps is one of the people who can't accept it,maybe they would be so kind to leave their nick next time, I'd be glad to return the favour and give them a negrep aswell)

I'm proud of what ToF has achieved this round & the future is looking bright for us, call this blowing on our own trumpet all you will, but if you really want to see people blowing their own trumpet, I direct you to the latest 1up vs ND thread (OK. NewDawn) I'm sure you can find people blowing on a full symphonic orchestra in there

Also F-Crew has impressed me, didn't think they were gonna stay where they've been all round long (5th-6th position), xVx is also doing good for being a new ally.
I'm looking forward to seeing both allies next round, see if they can match their performance of this round.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 12:17   #68
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

who cares for negreps and yes i have to agree tof and f-crew have both surprised me, even if not really playing.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 12:29   #69
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
If I don't blow on my own trumpet nobody will, the rest of the community will just keep on calling us noobs & a crap ally simply caus they won't accept the fact that we've grown from noobally to a decent ally capable of doing some/alot damage.
i blow on your trumpet too, i personally think that ToF did a hell of a job and that they are a respectable force. there are quite some who think like that btw.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 12:29   #70
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You guys have done well, but you didn't suprise me. You have a big strong member base and have managed to look after it well all round. However, I don't think you have faced a lot of opposition, and it's only this round that you've been taken semi-seriously.

You need to learn how to use the power that you have, politically. You have the ability to make a difference - so do so. The block wars this round could have turned out very differently if you'd got in on the act.

Ask yourselves: where do you want to be next round? The round will (probably) feature a major war between 1up and eXilition, and I expect that there will be blocks around each of those two alliances. Do you want to join a side? Do you want to stay solo? Do you want to NAP both sides and fence-sit?

Tides of Fire came of age this round. Bring on Round 15.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 12:53   #71
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

This round we chose to go solo & remain that way all round & I think that politicly that was the best choice for us. We don't want a repeat of last round were we had alot of problems with friendly fire due to bad arby & certain members lacking control. Now we don't have those problems anymore.

We see this round as preparation for next round, I'm not certain what decisions we'll make then, but I can promise you we won't pull a NoS & NAP both sides There will be fighting & there will be bloodshed & I personally can't wait for it

Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:10   #72
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
There will be fighting & there will be bloodshed & I personally can't wait for it
Heh, there are easier ways to achieve this, like becoming a hooligan etc

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:33   #73
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you are when you're doing it 4 times in a thread.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 04:59   #74
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I kinda find LCH as the surprising alliance, never thought they would collapse like they did.. Maybe a negative surprise, but still a big surprise :/

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2005, 07:56   #75
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
I kinda find LCH as the surprising alliance, never thought they would collapse like they did.. Maybe a negative surprise, but still a big surprise :/
oh yea, from that point of view are there are some of these suprises :/
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 13:54   #76
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Heh, there are easier ways to achieve this, like becoming a hooligan etc

most of us are !!!!!!

FCB OLEZ OLEZ
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 14:44   #77
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

clearly without a doubt 6:10 is the surprise alliance of this round

6:10 would be #2 in roidranking and #5 in score ranking :P

beat that with only 20 people!

/me awaits the flaming :/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 14:59   #78
Goodfellah
*** [ToF] Yakuza ***

Goodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura aboutGoodfellah has a spectacular aura about

would u last out there with only 20 ppl ?
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 15:49   #79
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

no most of you are under bash limits :P
Unread 26 Sep 2005, 23:48   #80
barney
Ex-Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher

no flame, i agree tbh. altho i doubt they got to that position without the help of 3-400 other planets from all their respective alliances, and an alliance with only 60 fleets could have some trouble
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 01:02   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

No it wouldnt. Because you would have been destroyed without all your relevant alliances. 6:10 is seen as a 1up fortress - it's defeat would only have come with a large scale defeat of 1up in conjunction with it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 03:02   #82
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We can safely say that 6:10 wouldn't be a 200+ million gal with out help from their allies.According to one of your gal m8s... Not many if any gals can boast they lived to tell the tale of 2 weeks of solid LCH incs.

Elviz and co have done well
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 03:15   #83
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

i take full responsibility for that. just ask them! ive been uberactive and organising def every night^^
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 07:29   #84
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah
i take full responsibility for that. just ask them! ive been no where near uberactive t^^

Cant even change the def one
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 09:48   #85
cypher
U've been Moderated

heh i doubt it's lch incs that would have been a problem really.... it's 1up incs that would have been hard... but that's about it tbh

and obviously i was joking and we couldn't have done it without 1up and the rest of the alliances, but tbh the score/roids in our gal surprise me more then the playing of any off the alliances out there... surely when you keep in mind most of them are here because of splits/mergers and other disbanding alliances.

some played well... most just got lucky to be around heh.

i hope people will finally learn that randoms or noobs (however you wanna call em) are the key to the game and they will help ALOT in winning a round galwise.
Unread 27 Sep 2005, 10:42   #86
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I hope people will finally learn that randoms or noobs (however you wanna call em) are the key to the game and they will help ALOT in winning a round galwise.
Here here
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote