User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 May 2009, 12:44   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Run, Run, Run!

Last Sunday I partook of a sporting event. Even though I did not prepare for it at all and had no intention of doing so before hand, I got involved with the London Marathon!

Admittedly, this only involved walking the 200 yards down the road to watch when the winners (men and women) ran past. I should also confess that this did not involve too much standing around either. I watched on the telly until they were near my house and went outside with a cup of tea to watch them.

What struck me was not the fact that there were a handful of people running at approximately 20kmph for about 2 hours, nor that there were tens of thousands who also participated in collective self-flagellation (some in giant costumes!) for 26 and a half miles.

What I found most impressive was the beautiful nature of the street party.

Now, as anyone with family members over a certain age will tell you, the older generation have an idealised version of the past where there was a coronation party in the street every other Wednesday and that everyone came together to celebrate being alive. Or something. This is generally followed by a tale of the death of the street party, with a sense of lament gushing forth from every orifice.

I am happy to announce that the concept of the street party is alive and well and I witnessed it last Sunday.

People standing in the street for hours and hours, cheering on total strangers and generally having a good time.

Some people got out barbecues and made some food. The local pub set up a stall and sold beer and cooked food and everyone had a wonderful time. I saw more than one small child holding out animal crackers to the joggers to keep them going, (some of whom were very appreciative, nearly taking little limbs with the biscuit!)

What's more, I feel that this is a far superior state of affairs than any party thrown for a monarch, simply because it involves the celebration of the human spirit to push yourself to the limit, whilst wearing a funny hat!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2009, 21:32   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Run, Run, Run!

"animal crackers"

we should deport you.