User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 24 Jul 2006, 00:00   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Internet Arguing

So its come to my attention that theres different styles of internet arguing, each of them more infuriating than the last.

1. "One bizarre exception disproves an otherwise generally true statement" / The Vampy

In its most raw sense, this would be if i said something like "Greenday are a three piece band", and someone countered it with "thats not true, they hired a session violinist for the intro to hitching the ride".

Admittedly the plus side of this argumenting technique is that it does tend to stop people generalising unneccesarily. Obviously calling someone on a statement that has no facts to it is good, but providing a 1% exception to a rule as a way of sidetracking an argument / trying to derail someones point, is ridiculous.

2. "The bold new world" / The Phang

Repeating a statement you made earlier even if its already been replied to makes it significantly more interesting and worthy the second time round.
Repeating a statement you made earlier even if its already been replied to makes it significantly more interesting and worthy the second time round.

3. "Talk first, face the concequences later" / The Deffeh

I am atrocious for making gigantic sweeping statements then having to spend half an hour defending and amending it. Usually i make these statements to be overly controversial or raise a discussion point, as well as obviously doing them in anger sometimes. Every word tends to be picked apart and by the time the discussion is over what is left is an uninteresting subjective opinion that isnt interesting.

4. "Attack is the best defence" / The idimmu / Game

Sometimes the best way out of an argument is to resort to a personal attack rather than discussing the subject. Game has made an internet career out of it (and shagging fatties of course), considering he doesnt have much of a personality or intellect to rely upon. idimmu the other night was content to hurl insults and attack my highlight rather than to take part in any discussion on any meaningful level.

5. "Fight rhymes with shite" / The Dace

Having a terrible attention and tolerance span means arguments and discussions tend to be fast and furious. Why debate, when you can swing a "u r gay" at someone and go back to what you were doing? This is by far the most effective and sanest method.

6. "People care what i think" / The energetic newbie.

Sure, its tough to get recognition on an internet forum or chat room, but more often than not youll find if you interject into arguments that arent anything to do with you and the originator wasnt directing at you, and consistently quote and address them even when they are simply not bothered what you have to say; you arent going to make any friends.

7. Pedantry / The Jakiri

Picking up on one small inaccuracy and ignoring the broad thrust of any argument made.

8. Aloof / The Yahwe

Refusing to argue or operate on any meaningful or actual level, preferring to do the "you just dont get it" thing.

9. Faggotry / The MM

Managing to turn everything into something about cock, or arse, and sustaining any credibility in the process.

10. The Internetty / Unintelligent unoriginal generic forum user.

Tl; dr quote tl;dr, special olympics orly?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote