User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2008, 15:36   #101
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about
Re: Complaint about ship-stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onim View Post
The stats discussion (first in the r27 stats thread, later in the r28 stats one) has been going on since end of the round, and if you wanted to give a well argued remark you could have said something there.
You can only comment on the current stats, Gate only released a new set of stats on 5th of august. Is that enough time or should they be released earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'd swap the phoenix targetting if I had the chance again. As I recall I still meant to change some things but when I got back appoco had announced the stats were final. Maybe making the harpy fire before the tzen would help. Xan and zik just have a lot more appeal to most players I think. Etd and terran will always suffer if enough players don't pick them in the first place.
THe quote above from JonnyBGood seems to suggest a rush job. They should start testing and discussing a new set of stats way before the round ends!

I like ETD too the combination of different ship types make them quite different and my opinion worthy of their place.
Every race should have a steal ship stealing is one of the most fun things to do! Why limit the fun to only one race?

Last edited by zokka; 12 Aug 2008 at 15:57.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 17:02   #102
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Gate:

isnt the Spider and Recluse now a bit too strong vs ziks?
How are ziks sposed to stop cath DE? The natural choice for ziks atm will be going for cr/bs with fi/co for def. The spider freezes sairs at like 170% eff?
up the e/r on the sair?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 18:26   #103
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

well gate doing the stats is a reson as good as anything to not play... hell just reuse some old stat and go from there instead of going with his ****ed up idea of a balanced stat sheet :/

he is boring eod

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 20:45   #104
Jamie_Omac
Omac

Jamie_Omac has a spectacular aura aboutJamie_Omac has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys,

Put things into context, the game has been effectively unchanged bar tweaks and improvements, but we're hoping to come out the other end with a game that you'll all enjoy.

Don't look at the manual, it's the first thing that we're working on to get updated, and we're also developing the races in a few ways.

This takes time, but everyone playing the game and giving feedback to us either through posts like this on the forums gives us things to note, and we're thinking along a lot of the same lines as many of the posts and suggestions over the month.

Jamie
Jamie_Omac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 22:08   #105
willd

willd is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest it just sounds like people are scared, scared that they're gonna loose

bring it on!
Unread 12 Aug 2008, 22:14   #106
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_Omac View Post
Hi guys,

Put things into context, the game has been effectively unchanged bar tweaks and improvements, but we're hoping to come out the other end with a game that you'll all enjoy.

Don't look at the manual, it's the first thing that we're working on to get updated, and we're also developing the races in a few ways.

This takes time, but everyone playing the game and giving feedback to us either through posts like this on the forums gives us things to note, and we're thinking along a lot of the same lines as many of the posts and suggestions over the month.

Jamie
well changing history/basics aint the best of ideas then.

xan fast cloaked ships(not only for def).
ter battleships??.

besides of that im cool with stats exept etd bs being to good:P
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Aug 2008, 09:57   #107
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
It won't necessarily be that much better.

CR based caths would already have anti CR/BS EMP invested in their tarantula and it would be overexpenditure to have the scorp as EMP too. DE based caths can already buy a CR/BS stunner in the tarantula and have that available for defence.

The extra eta would be nice, but I still think it's useful as is, given that the tarantula stuns paladin with wonderful efficiency. Orbweaver t3=cr would also have made it more useful.
Agreed, but if we're talking about ally def, a low init, low eta ship is preferable..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote