User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 12:53   #1
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

Yurgeta is an unknown quantity at this point
[Declined] Defence Outpost

it would be nice to be able to have some only defenceive out post of some sort.. just incase all your fleet it out and there is no defence.. as some galaxys will not defend certen people.. it would be nice to have some sort of outpost abilities.. but like everything they would be destroyable also.. and weak on certen ships.. like battle ships could take them out easyer than fighters ..

would give a more defenceive situation for the planet under attack.. also would create a more stable defence.. this way defenceive situations can be solved faster..

not everyone would need defence then.. only problem would be high scorers and stuff. will take more fleet if they have defence outpost setup..

this could be used in different ways also.. were you can produce 3 types of defence..

each would be strong agenst certen ships.. and weak agenst others. but the higher the ship the weaker the outpost would be
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 13:01   #2
Dovai
Rage

Dovai is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Defence Outpost

Your talking about PDS. It will be a sad day when PDS comes back to PA. The problem with it is that it's purely for defense but it can't be moved. With ships you can run if you know you can't win, PDS can't run. Also you can waste a lot of resources on PDS but your not gaining anything back from it. Building ships means you can attack to make yourself bigger.

Read some of the older threads in future before you post, it will save you posting ideas that have already been put forward 20 times already.

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Disapointment
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 13:29   #3
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

Yurgeta is an unknown quantity at this point

actuly i have read them but wot i am on about differes..

outpost would be like a ship but cant be moved.. it will give everything a ship dose and like anything else it can have a limit.. you can upgrade via research and have a max on how many can be built.. like say 50 max.. but if there cost is low there armour is very low.. they will just provide a bit of a decent stand.. they wont stop landing just do more damage especial if theres a smal fleet hitting you. if its a huge fleet then there useless..

it benifits in different ways.. they are useful and yet not useful.. all depends on teh attacking fleet..

they wouldgive score and stuff for destroyed ships they wipe out so the score system is the same.. there just ships realy. just unmoveable..
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 13:37   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

A PDS by any other name would stink as much.
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 13:56   #5
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

nope they are useless, because <insert all bad things about PDS here mentioned in a million threads before this one>.

from what you said i can see no difference between this idea and PDS, if there is one you need to be clearer.

i think im gonna negrep everyone who mentions PDS in suggestions forum again :P
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 15:11   #6
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

PDS
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 16:44   #7
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

Pds?
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 17:14   #8
Dovai
Rage

Dovai is an unknown quantity at this point

Planetary Defense Systems. The bain of every new player to PA.

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Disapointment
Unread 28 Jun 2005, 18:29   #9
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I never liked them myself...

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 04:51   #10
Prawn
:o\

Prawn is on a distinguished road

Never played with PDS but we do this thread like every week - no chance it's ever gonna happen.
Unread 30 Jun 2005, 19:57   #11
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

funky green blob, cheers barney \o/
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 01:06   #12
Vas
ROCK biatch

Vas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgeta
actuly i have read them but wot i am on about differes..

outpost would be like a ship but cant be moved.. it will give everything a ship dose and like anything else it can have a limit.. you can upgrade via research and have a max on how many can be built.. like say 50 max.. but if there cost is low there armour is very low.. they will just provide a bit of a decent stand.. they wont stop landing just do more damage especial if theres a smal fleet hitting you. if its a huge fleet then there useless..

it benifits in different ways.. they are useful and yet not useful.. all depends on teh attacking fleet..

they wouldgive score and stuff for destroyed ships they wipe out so the score system is the same.. there just ships realy. just unmoveable..
This sounds awfully like PDS, i personally do not like to see PDS ever return to the game!

[VanX][ToF][xVx][PK][Subh][InS][Omen][Destiny][ROCK]

Proud to been a Member of Gal 1:6 R18
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 23:14   #13
The Master

That is in effect PDS I'm afraid. Things like catching ships at home, catching fleets returning, slipping an attack in whilst someone's ships are all out.... its all part of the game and a great display of good intel work.

Unread 22 Aug 2005, 13:04   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

PDS-like things = bad

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread