User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:17   #1
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[READ ME]Life's Unfair, Deal With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by asust3k View Post
I really can't be bothered with the politics discussion on the forums any more. People controlling politics only ever say 'X' on the forums, and everyone else only ever says 'Why?'. It's a boring read because these forums are in such a shocking state that they're almost unrecogniseable as 'discussion boards'.

You guys do realise what the 'D' in 'AD' stands for, right? Nobody comes on here any more with ANY inclination to listen to what anyone else is saying. There's a very disheartening "Here is my point of view, I'll be back later to tell you why your arguments are irrellevent and my point of view sticks" that has made posting on here more effort than it's worth

Just to be clear - I'm in NewDawn at the moment, and wouldn't mind if they won it. In fact, given the alternatives, I'm all for a NewDawn win. Asc deserve it the most... to disagree would be ignorant (heh)... but that doesn't mean I want them to have it. It's all about being honest and saying "Yeah, you know what, if they win - they'll have f*cking worked hard for it.".

Same should go with the forums. Asc have by far the best posters on the forums (though they also have some total f*cking idiots... Hi cardnial!) and this should at least be acknowledged. Where is the sense in making a post that says "Oh my god - DAT WAS TOTAL PROPERGANDAZ" regardless of what the previous post said. If it was propeganda, do you really think that you're that special only you have the insight needed to expose the post for what it truly is? But lets face it - you probably didn't even read the post in question unless it was to look for something you could semanticate over.

Tommy said to me about a week ago that the PA boards are in a worse state than the PIA boards ever were. Now THEY were bad... and it's only really been since he mentioned that that I realised he was right.

I've pretty much given up posting on the forums now... I'm at nowhere near the same level as I have been previously and it's because I just can't be bothered anymore.

I can no longer find the motivation to get involved in the bitching. I mean, it's not even proper arguing - nobody is willing to admit they may not be entirely correct about something. In fact, the only person who I've seen concede a point on anything this round is JBG. And then everyone was like "omg i told u he was slightly wrong! how amazing are we?".

I can only hope that people dont carry this same level of pure ignorance in to their real lives.

I'll part with this newsflash:

COMMENTING ON ALLIANCE DISCUSSION DOES NOT, HAS NOT, AND WILL NEVER AFFECT THE WAY AN ALLIANCE DOES POLITICS.

Please, start making this a bit more interesting eh?
I read this post and it made me angry. Not because what it said was untrue, far from it. But because when people start saying that my forum is worse than that crock of shite other game and are being entirely serious, this annoys me. But then again a lot of posts have annoyed me recently.

I've been reading some posts this round which have been painful, despite the activity being more than welcome. I have been more than hospitable. I have held off the banstick simply because I do not want to ban people unless I feel its necessary. Unfortunately, part of this is my fault but it's my intent to fix the forum. So quite simply I'm going to do this. I'm going to use the "life's unfair: deal with it" clause to moderate the forum to get the quality up again.

For a start, I'm going to take Ascendancy to task. I have been more than fair (as you haven't broken the rules) and I even asked you politely on your own forum, but you're still all over threads like ****ing flies. Stop. If I see Ascendancy smother a thread (even if its unintentional) I'm just going to be deleting posts. Because like Kenny has intimated, it craps over the discussion. While Ascendancy has some good posters, as the moderator I'm tired of you choking the 'discussion' here. There are few posters in Asc who probably don't need to worry about me (e.g. JBG), because they know they're good at the forum.

Second of all, I've gone through all the posts in the last 24 hours and looked for posts which quite honestly, I think have been appalling to pick out some bugbears of mine:
- Stop calling each other trolls. This is terrible, and just makes the response even worse.
- Stop repeating yourself - if you don't like someone, say it once but don't bore us with the same crap over and over.
- If you just keeping out with the same recycled argument, this is boring. No one wants to read your tedium, address the points directly, or don't bother posting.
- I don't want to hear "propaganda, lol!" - if you disagree with someone, address their points and say why.

If I see a post that fits any of these categories and it annoys me sufficiently, you'll just be on the end of an automatic 3 day ban. Complaints can come to the usual channels. If you start ruining my evening on IRC, you'll be on ignore. So I can recommend the report post or private message functions to you quite enthusiastically. Any threads or posts on this subject will be deleted.

It is a drastic step for me to invoke "Life's Unfair, Deal With It", but i feel it's a necessary one as I'm tired of reading a load of drivel and that post just confirms my suspicions. I've been quite pleased by the number of contributions so far this round, but it seems that there are some people who are spoiling it for everyone else, so for the rest of this round at least, this is what we're going to have. I do not expect eloquent debate but if you can't put some content in your post, why do you think people want to read it?

Last edited by lokken; 23 Mar 2009 at 22:29.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:31   #2
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Not to go fully ad hominem here, but if we use your example and your 'guiding light' for not going for the most fit girl, everyone should be going for:

30 Epic Penguins 1896 4 613,360 2,453,443
They are just like the girl you went for. Small and fat.
How does that have any relevance to this thread/my posts, other as than sounding like a lonely 20 something who spends his life cruising the PA forums, looking to vent his pent up sexual frustration towards un suspecting males?

Thoughts lokken?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:34   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
How does that have any relevance to this thread/my posts, other as than sounding like a lonely 20 something who spends his life cruising the PA forums, looking to vent his pent up sexual frustration towards un suspecting males?

Thoughts lokken?
He's banned for using coords anyway. You're banned for going offtopic, screwing around with the thread, pretty much semi trolling and trying to get another user banned, which just annoys me generally.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 02:07   #4
[o_o]
Banned

[o_o] will become famous soon enough[o_o] will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk View Post
He seems to be on Asc side after all.

Yeah man, I did some research and like, I found out that while Zoro was busy posting here his galmate crashed over 2 million value and the tick after Zoro died himself. More of that stuff I'd say!

Although it appears that Zoro played a cathaar planet, so his evil plan was either forcing Ascendancy to go cathaargh as well by forcing his ships upon the ziks. (Nice definition of rape!) Or plan B, hug Ascendancy planets to death with his cathaaaargh ships.

no ban evasion - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 24 Mar 2009 at 06:58.
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 19:46   #5
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road
Re: Are YOU blind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Disc View Post
Sorry to ask the question, but which top4 alliances are attacking you?
I know ND/Omen are.
Which others? as far as i've been aware from these forums, CT are taking a backseat aswell as a few others. Just confused as to which "top4" alliances are attacking Ascendancy.

Please enlighten me.
ct and vgn hit us too last night .......... find it surprising you didnt or is that just a poor attempt at propaganda ?

LOLPROPAGANDALOLROFFLEMUFFINCOOCOOCAChOOTRAIN

Last edited by lokken; 24 Mar 2009 at 21:04.
Closed Thread