User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:36   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
[Football] Le Tottenham Hotspur

Santini

Look for us to be getting Martin Jol in as his assistant as well.

Viva La Revolution.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 17:55   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Le Tottenham Hotspur

From manager of France to Spurs?

Who's been telling the big fibs to Jacques Santini down at White Hart Lane then?

BTW
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:01   #3
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

\o/ tottenham for champions league.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:05   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
\o/ tottenham for champions league.
lolly roffle

Drugs are bad mmmkay?
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:28   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Wenger for France
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:43   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

are you blissfully happy at the moment then, Ragnarak?

(look out Stew, he'll be wantin' some good lovin' tonight) :eek:
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:54   #7
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
are you blissfully happy at the moment then, Ragnarak?

(look out Stew, he'll be wantin' some good lovin' tonight) :eek:
More relieved.

When Davids signs for us in a few days i may be pushing towards happy

As for Stew, i'm too good for him
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 18:57   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How in the world did you manage that?

Ranieri for Sunderland, then. It's about as likely.

(Plus it happens all the time in CM0304)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:13   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

wtf heh. I did not expect that. He must be insane or wanting a really difficult challenge.

Should improve England's chances in Euro 2004 though.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:13   #10
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Jesus ****ing christ that's a corker by Tottenham's standard.

I bet it's ruffled a few managers feathers that appointment has, he's bound to be as well if not better connected that ferguson and wenger if you combine Arnesen, Jol and Santini's scouting pool prolly.

mebbe just mebbe the premiership will get closer rather than farther apart.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:17   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's amazing. We get rid of Houllier, Ranieri and Hoddle (OK, Good but insane, Bad respectively) and get three of the most desired managers in the world.

Perhaps the EPL IS the best league after all.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:19   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Perhaps the EPL IS the best league after all.
Maybe we just pay the most
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 19:23   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Maybe we just pay the most
I couldn't see Benitez and Santini moving just for the money, when there's other clubs out there that need managers.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 20:16   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I couldn't see Benitez and Santini moving just for the money, when there's other clubs out there that need managers.
Thats the most Naive thing youve ever said.

Of COURSE theyre moving for the money. Liverpool are likely to pay Benitez £2 million a year , thats five times what he earned at Valencia. And anyone who thinks Santini is on less than that doesnt have a clue about top managers salaries.

Mourinho is getting £4M a year from Chelski, i sincerely doubt Santini would settle for less than half that, ESPECIALLY if he wins Euro 2004.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 20:24   #15
Ragnarak

Santini said a bit ago about how he'd not only come to Spurs for the kind of money England are paying Sven but "swim the English channel and do it in record time" as well.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 20:40   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Thats the most Naive thing youve ever said.

Of COURSE theyre moving for the money. Liverpool are likely to pay Benitez £2 million a year , thats five times what he earned at Valencia. And anyone who thinks Santini is on less than that doesnt have a clue about top managers salaries.

Mourinho is getting £4M a year from Chelski, i sincerely doubt Santini would settle for less than half that, ESPECIALLY if he wins Euro 2004.
Not just for the money, I said. Obviously everyone is going to be swayed by the amount they're paid, but as I said, there are other big clubs out there who need the manager.

[edit]

Heh @ Santini. Guess I was being a bit stupid.
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 23:28   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cant really give Arsenal any French abuse from now on though

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:17   #18
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why is everyone raving on about how great Santini is?

I dont know much about the guy apart from the fact he manages France. Has he managed any other decent clubs? I could take France to a final or 2, its hardly that great an achievement with the players they have.

I'm not dissing Spurs, i'm just genuinly confussled.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:26   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Why is everyone raving on about how great Santini is?

I dont know much about the guy apart from the fact he manages France. Has he managed any other decent clubs? I could take France to a final or 2, its hardly that great an achievement with the players they have.

I'm not dissing Spurs, i'm just genuinly confussled.
He picked France up after their lowest point in (well, at least) a decade, and turned them back into the all conquering force we know and fear. That's got to be worth something.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:30   #20
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
He picked France up after their lowest point in (well, at least) a decade, and turned them back into the all conquering force we know and fear. That's got to be worth something.
I still remember when France were said in the same breath as norway without so much as fear about playing them.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:32   #21
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Another seemingly insane managerial change

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/3776267.stm

assuming it goes through.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:38   #22
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
So basically he has done nothing?

He has taken a squad of players including Zidane, Henry, Viera, Pires, Thuram etc and turned them into world beaters. The world cup was a blip, it didnt take a miracle worker to get rid of some of the older players and bring through a few new faces to take over.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:43   #23
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
So basically he has done nothing?

He has taken a squad of players including Zidane, Henry, Viera, Pires, Thuram etc and turned them into world beaters. The world cup was a blip, it didnt take a miracle worker to get rid of some of the older players and bring through a few new faces to take over.

JC you really seem to be taking the piss recently with this anti-spurs line.

Coaching Career –
2002 – present: French National Coach
Confederations Cup Winners 2003
Qualified for Euro2004 top of group one
Overall record: P23, W19, D2, L1. Win ratio 83%.

2000 – 2002: Lyon Head Coach
French Championship 2002
French Super Cup 2002
French League Cup 2001
Overall league record: P64, W37, D19, L12. Win ratio 58%.

1997 – 2000: Lyon Technical Director

1995 – 1997: French Football Academy working under Gerard Houllier

Dec 1994 – June 1995: FC Sochaux-Montbelliard

1992 – 1994: St Etienne

1989 – 1992: Lille

1985 – 1989: Toulouse
UEFA Cup qualification 1983 – 1985: Lisieux

Not only has he done great for France, turning around a team that was virtually destroyed he did amazing for Lyon. Bringing them their first silverware since the war i believe and winning the league above teams like PSG, Monaco, etc.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 12:53   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pfft crap win ratio for Lyon
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:01   #25
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Pfft crap win ratio for Lyon
WINS TO GAMES PLAYED RATIO
Competition proper 1871/72 to 2002/03

CLUB NAME PLYD WON % WIN POS
Everton 376 204 54.26% 1st
Manchester U 360 191 53.06% 2nd
Liverpool 378 200 52.91% 3rd

That's for the whole of their history so obviously not comparable but a 58% win ratio is not crap

This season Arsenal won 26 games out of 38, a 68% win ratio.
Liverpool won 16 out of 38, a 42% win ratio.

Stop talking crap Stew
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:11   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Stop talking crap Stew
Habit, lifetime etc
I was comparin it to his France record anyway!

Last edited by Stew; 4 Jun 2004 at 13:19.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:19   #27
Ragnarak

Quote:
Habit, lifetime etc
I was ocmparin it to his France record anyway!

With his French record he would have finished 10 points clear of Arsenal in the prem*

*scaling the games played up to 38, etc.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:20   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no doubts hes a great coach and manager

But why the hell, why the hell would he want to come to you?

Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:26   #29
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I have no doubts hes a great coach and manager

We paid him lots?

Why the hell did Wenger want to go to a team that Bruce Rioch had ****ed about with, with an anicent back 4 and like 2 good players?
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:30   #30
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Why the hell did Wenger want to go to a team that Bruce Rioch had ****ed about with, with an anicent back 4 and like 2 good players?
lol
please tell me you are not expecting to win championships/doubles/go unbeaten within the next few years.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 13:42   #31
Ragnarak

Quote:
lol
please tell me you are not expecting to win championships/doubles/go unbeaten within the next few years.
No. Stop being stupid. If things go well i expect us to be challenging for 6th place, if they don't go well, 10th or so.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:18   #32
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
JC you really seem to be taking the piss recently with this anti-spurs line.
I'm not being anti-Spurs as i said initially. I simply dont understand why everyone seems to be thinking grouping him with managers such as Mourinho. I asked who he has managed, and the only reply i got until yours was France, so i assumed that is all of note he has done. Seems i was slightly wrong but not by much.
Quote:
Coaching Career –
2002 – present: French National Coach
Confederations Cup Winners 2003
Qualified for Euro2004 top of group one
Overall record: P23, W19, D2, L1. Win ratio 83%.

Not only has he done great for France, turning around a team that was virtually destroyed
That is the point i am trying to argue with, i havent said a single anti-Spurs thing in this thread.

France werent 'virtually destroyed' after the World Cup. They hadnt had a sinlge competitive match for ages and took their opponents too lightly, plus they had Zidane injured. It was a blip from a top quality team that is all. If you had asked anyone with a bit of footballing knowledge at that point if they thought France would be a contender in the next competition they would have said 'abso-****ing-lutely'. Deschamps, Blanc, Djorkaeff and whoever else stepped aside as they were too old and gave way for the new up and coming youngsters to join the already seasoned pros such as Zidane, Desailly, Viera and Thuram. Thats some top quality players there, he didnt exactly have to look far to find some talent.

The confederations cup is a joke. Brazil send along there U-23s and iirc France sent along a mainly second string team with a few big name players. Its about as pointless as saying England won Le Tournoi (sp?).

France's qualifying group for Euro 2004:

Slovenia
Israel
Cyprus
Malta

Even England might have got out of that one.

So in conclusion, he hasnt won anything of significance yet. All he has done is taken the best international squad in the world and got them to a major championship.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:24   #33
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Stuff
Why did you ignore the bit about winning the league/cup/etc with Lyon ahead of 'better' teams like Monaco and PSG?

To be honest, if he hadn't even been France manager he would have been more than qualified to take us over.

He's certainly got a better record that Martin O'Neill.
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:26   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
With his French record he would have finished 10 points clear of Arsenal in the prem*
Some of the best french players also play for Arsenal, so if Arsenal had those players, that probably wouldn't be true.

Last edited by LHC; 4 Jun 2004 at 14:28. Reason: missed "some of"
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:29   #35
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Some of the best french players also play for Arsenal, so if Arsenal had those players, that probably wouldn't be true.
I was trying to explain how his record is good, not that France would win the premiership
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:37   #36
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Why did you ignore the bit about winning the league/cup/etc with Lyon ahead of 'better' teams like Monaco and PSG?
Because i was explaining my view point on Santini before you had posted his track record which was unknown to me before that point.

It still doesnt change my thoughts on his France record .
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 14:38   #37
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Just feel this will all end in tears :/
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 15:39   #38
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I heard that you generally get a better record with France than with Leicester

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 14:41   #39
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why do I get the feeling that Santini looks like Mr. Bean?

Also does he speak English? I didn't hear him on TV nor radio recently about the appointment at Spurs.

P.S. I was away.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 15:13   #40
midge5
mmm lambs

Apparently he doesn't speak English.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 15:24   #41
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
**** off :p
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 15:36   #42
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Footy Focus showed a press conference and he didnt speak English, but I'm not sure of it was a French press conference.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:13   #43
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
He's been taking lessons for the past few months apparently.
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:21   #44
Evergreen
the merciless

I think he should play up the I only talk french thing, it'll keep the ignorant british press off his back a lot more.

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:31   #45
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Basically all it means is it'll be harder than ever to understand how tottenham got trounced 3-0 at the lane by Norwich.

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:35   #46
Ragnarak

Quote:
Basically all it means is it'll be harder than ever to understand how tottenham got trounced 3-0 at the lane by Norwich.
You've never listened to a David Pleat interview have you?
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 16:48   #47
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

The last time David Pleat was on my telly, it exploded due to ugly overload. It even survived Forlan, Chadwick, and Allardyce.

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 17:59   #48
Evergreen
the merciless

I refute the chadwick claim.

Unread 5 Jun 2004, 21:45   #49
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I think he should play up the I only talk french thing, it'll keep the ignorant british press off his back a lot more.
No, it'll make them go FOREIGN SCUM OUT! HE'S A MORON! like they did with Ranieri.
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 00:06   #50
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The last time David Pleat was on my telly, it exploded due to ugly overload. It even survived Forlan, Chadwick, and Allardyce.
Nominate Dowie and Shipperlump from the play off final