User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jan 2010, 18:07   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Dear zPeti part 2.

Hi zPeti.

As you might remember I wrote a post in may 2009 asking you for your views on the game, and the way forward for Planetarion.

So far since you have taken over, we've hardly seen any changes (bar cosmetical with a new interface) and a few "large" promises, but no real updates on where we are going.

I was wondering if you maybe could enlighten the people that pay for your bread and butter some more about what your plans for Planetarion for 2010?

So far we've heard a lot of hot wind, and not very muche else coming from you, and I must say that the growing impatience coming from me and others have reached levels that we hardly thought were going to be possible..

Your last "offical" update happend in October : http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=198226 and now as we're 4 months in the future, maybe it is time to give out another update on your work and what the future for Planetarion lies.

I am also very saddend that you did not even know about the 10 year anniversary we are celebrating this year, nor have come forward with any ideas on how to celebrate this.

Your bread and butter might start beginning to be very stale in the future if you keep going on like this.

Now, if the game is getting to much to handle for you, be a man, and sell out to someone who might actually have a clue about what they are doing, so that the people playing this game finally will get someone that actually cares about the game instead of people walking around like they've been hit with the silly stick!
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 19:01   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Dear zPeti part 2.

Hello Kargool,

I believe we will never see any true changes to Planetarion - it's been a sinking ship since early 2000s, and there's no f-ck at all people can do about it.

We're planning on a facebook application, frankly, because facebook is cool, and many people play mafia wars.

We're four months into the future, and also, a decade into the past, and it's all the same piss - what did you genuinely expect. I feel the ten year anniversary is an ironic tribute to this.

The bread and butter is the fact that there is nobody to work on a cause of any kind - if you're expecting a miracle to happen out of thin air, you should be contacting God TV or 0700-Jesus for this.

Nobody's willing to pay any vaguely meaningful amounts of real life money for what is a name that's long since sunk - I mean, even the community highs feel the worthiest cause is to record game history - game history, I'd like to emphasize. Who actually cares? The few of the leftover community none of which have resources or motivation to contribute anything of actual significance.

Cheers,
Keizari.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2010, 19:06   #3
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
We're planning on a facebook application, frankly, because facebook is cool, and many people play mafia wars.
I dont understand this talk of facebook applications?

Seriously, You are not making a Planetarion facebook application; You're making a space-game facebook application.

People play mafia wars as you can play it as often or as little as you like, it requires no major thought, it does not require you to login at any time, and it does not require communication with other players other than to get them to play.

An actual Planetarion Facebook application would be the ultimate fail.

So no, this talk of making a facebook application has nothing to do with planetarion, other than the fact, that if your casual space is a success.. you wont bother with Planetarion at all. Your solution to 'fixing' planetarions problems is to make a completly new game, for a completly different target audience... thats quiet possible the most retarded answer ever.

The only real way Planetarion will ever survive or even have major changes, is if it has an Owner who is willing code/develop the changes. Rather than an owner who is in it for the cash and will keep the current PA Team who have said themselves, they dont have the time.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 08:36   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

I do feel that a number of people in the community could spend a month of coding and get something more worthwhile than what PA currently is.

I would try if I didnt have to sleep and work.

We have the PATeam who more than likely have main jobs and PA is just a side job which they moderate.

Yes we get new features, but they come with months of nothing in between.

Its all about the money, PATeam seem to be ok with the game ticking on by.

I feel its time to shut the doors on the browser game, and use the Planetarion name on a newer/better managed game.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 09:03   #5
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I do feel that a number of people in the community could spend a month of coding and get something more worthwhile than what PA currently is.
A number of people coding on the game has nothing to do with new features. Changing the game requires fantasy, courage (Yes, courage, because most of the changes that are proposed, often are met with that same community, whining about it) and a lot of thinking. The coding is the just the last part.

Furthermore, having 'a number' of people code for a month is highly optimistic for the amount of code involved. And tbh, most coders who would be willing to sacrifice time to help out, actually suck at coding.

Lastly, the game as it is now cannot be changed into something 'more worthwhile'. The game concept is old and obsolete. We are a dying race who actually like looking at a screen for hours, where nothing really happens. If you make it something more worthwhile, you change the game concept: a browser based text war game.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2010, 14:28   #6
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
Lastly, the game as it is now cannot be changed into something 'more worthwhile'. The game concept is old and obsolete. We are a dying race who actually like looking at a screen for hours, where nothing really happens. If you make it something more worthwhile, you change the game concept: a browser based text war game.
I dont really understand that? there are alot of successful browser based games.

So i think you're mistaken, the game concept isnt old and obsolete... Planetarion is.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 10:36   #7
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=3187582
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote