User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Nov 2012, 14:02   #1
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
New MH team / head of MH team?

No need for discussing various matters in here. Just a simple Yes/No

----

Yes
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 14:32   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: New MH team / head of MH team?

as in someone who might actually do MH instead of just looking for insulting names?
yes
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 14:57   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When is there ever not a need for discussing anything? This is dumb.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:06   #4
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

After how i feel treated today... Clear YES
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:14   #5
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

We will see what they come up with today, if the MHs chose to close crowke, and have all the attackers gain nothing but tired head after a sleepless night, something has to be done to the rules or to the MH team.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:36   #6
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

mz play by the rules of the thread author.

yes

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:42   #7
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

I vote cardi for mh.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 19:03   #8
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I'd do it, but only to make up reasons to close most of you.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2012, 15:27   #9
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road

Yes
Unread 21 Dec 2012, 15:28   #10
Merlin
Wizard

Here's my nag and the reason I'll probably now quit PA after 12 years and 49 rounds. I buy 3 credits every round. Nitemare and I play in the same alliance and we BP together. We give away one credit to help the game stay alive.
Then we come to the ultimate stupidity.
We are forced to get an exception because we have the same IP address.
NOW you don't have a choice, you don't get an exception you can't play and you get closed.
So you get an exception, but that means your planets are gimped.
You can't interact or you get warned and closed for playing the bloody game.
This means you can't attack together, which you can do with every other alliance member, you also can't defend together which any player even a FREE account can do. You cant defend an alliance mate on the same tick or the same shit comes down on you.
This never used to be a problem, we played for many happy years under an exception and never got hassled at all till this last round.
Kargool decided to spend the round harassing us, and then Ace who should be removed from MH followed up on the same assinine policy and harassed us some more. We got closed for the xmas round if you can believe it.
If I steal my neighbors wifi and play I'm fine. If I vpn into another IP address I am ok too. But if I play by the rules I am screwed. We've played for 12 years they know us. And yet they screw us over.
Its time MH was disbanded. Long over due in fact.
Ace is past his expiry date and thats no lie as most players will attest.
Unread 21 Dec 2012, 16:42   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

As a general rule in life: When the bad guys get away with murder and the honest guys get screwed for doing what is right the system is broken beyond repair and should be abandoned. I leave it to those who read Merlin's post to judge if this rule applies to the MH team.

#strategy

Last edited by Monroe; 21 Dec 2012 at 17:11.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2012, 21:08   #12
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Amen Merlin. Just another showcase of MH retardedness.

It's funny how no admin ever responds to this. Asif we are unjustifiably complaining.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2012, 22:47   #13
Merlin
Wizard

Well it seems that PA crew is willing to fix this for next round. My heartfelt thanks to Monroe and Cin for taking this up. I know a few couples adversely affected by these rules that will be very happy. Doesn't get us reopened for the Xmas round but its something for sure.
Unread 22 Dec 2012, 10:03   #14
Bazza[RB]

Bazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura aboutBazza[RB] has a spectacular aura about

Excellent post Merlin

Played every round since r2. RB/Fury/Eclipse/Kralizec/MISTU/Angels/Urwins/Jenova/VisioN/audentes/xVx/Osiris/apprime/FaNG/Ultores/p3n/Mercenaries/ZT/ND
Bazza[RB] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 15:24   #15
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Merlin what are Monroe and cin doing?? I go to see my gf 1-2 times a round and have to either get an exception which means we can't play together (which is the primary reason I still play) or I have to do it all on 3G on my phone when I'm there, in an area where 3G is hit and miss. I haven't played as long as you guys but most ppl know we are different people and not cheating, we just want to play as team mates
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 18:05   #16
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

no

mh my good friends
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 22:07   #17
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I did re apply to the MH team through Ace quite a few rounds back now never did hear how my application went.

Id happily rejoin the MH Team which i have offered/tried to do. Doubt many people would want that however due too so many speaking before hand claiming i was 'biased' when MH manager over the support planet rule which i had to invent etc. However, i was NEVER afraid to close a top planet if they were cheating no matter who they were.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 22:36   #18
Merlin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Merlin what are Monroe and cin doing?? I go to see my gf 1-2 times a round and have to either get an exception which means we can't play together (which is the primary reason I still play) or I have to do it all on 3G on my phone when I'm there, in an area where 3G is hit and miss. I haven't played as long as you guys but most ppl know we are different people and not cheating, we just want to play as team mates
They hope to remove the non interaction part of the exception. Since getting an exception penalizes legitimate players trying to do the right thing by getting an exception. I would think you will still need an exception but you won't be forced to play a gimped up set of planets.

MH doesn't have the tools to catch people using VPN or SSH and we get the fall out by trying to play fair. However as you and many of us well know its anything but fair.

Classic example we were harassed all last round with an exception. And we thought we might be left alone for a 2 week winter round....BUT NO!!

We got closed. I can tell you if they don't make this rule change we won't be playing anymore.

We can only hope some PA crew put a tiny bit of sanity back into the exception rules.
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 22:43   #19
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

This isnt difficult. We go back to the old days off manual exceptions where the MHs can therefore give out an exception under notes etc and just keep an eye on the planets to make sure there not abusing there privlages. Remove the hard coded exceptions that way people can still play within the game tags/allies.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 23 Dec 2012, 23:04   #20
Merlin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzlic View Post
no

mh my good friends

lol because they haven't closed you yet!
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 01:10   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
This isnt difficult. We go back to the old days off manual exceptions where the MHs can therefore give out an exception under notes etc and just keep an eye on the planets to make sure there not abusing there privlages. Remove the hard coded exceptions that way people can still play within the game tags/allies.
There is no hard coded system for exceptions, only a set of rules to be followed. Feel free to read them on the exception rules page in the manual.
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 12:30   #22
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
There is no hard coded system for exceptions, only a set of rules to be followed. Feel free to read them on the exception rules page in the manual.
referring to rules page that even MH dont follow?
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 13:17   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
referring to rules page that even MH dont follow?
Are you suggesting that the multihunters are cheating?
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 13:33   #24
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I think kargool that a main point of the problem was something discussed about 10 months ago?, that according to the rules the pa team (and by extension the MH team) can change the rules as they wish to suit a situation. This along with MANY weird/dictator style decisions from your team over the rounds leads to distrust from the player base.

If as is said that you don't have the tools to do the job of hunting multis effectively and cannot acquire these tools then really your team is redundant in this endeavour.

I have no issue with you being a team that polices other abuses within the game (offensiveness, racism for example) but if you are unable to hunt multis then that part of your job should be removed.

People will cheat at this game. People will get away with it too. I don't believe the mh team is biased in any way tho maybe the close knit nature of the game reflects in the severity of some punishments and the accuseds ability to defend themselves sometimes (Ace you need to get some people skills seriously!!)

There is really no solution to all this tho. Stay as is and the problem continues. Allow people 2-3 planets each and still some will have 6-9!!

We as a community using the vast knowledge of the player base through there diverse careers and so on need to instead create tools to help mh team if possible... That is where the solution lies I feel
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 17:24   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I think kargool that a main point of the problem was something discussed about 10 months ago?, that according to the rules the pa team (and by extension the MH team) can change the rules as they wish to suit a situation. This along with MANY weird/dictator style decisions from your team over the rounds leads to distrust from the player base.

If as is said that you don't have the tools to do the job of hunting multis effectively and cannot acquire these tools then really your team is redundant in this endeavour.

I have no issue with you being a team that polices other abuses within the game (offensiveness, racism for example) but if you are unable to hunt multis then that part of your job should be removed.

People will cheat at this game. People will get away with it too. I don't believe the mh team is biased in any way tho maybe the close knit nature of the game reflects in the severity of some punishments and the accuseds ability to defend themselves sometimes (Ace you need to get some people skills seriously!!)

There is really no solution to all this tho. Stay as is and the problem continues. Allow people 2-3 planets each and still some will have 6-9!!

We as a community using the vast knowledge of the player base through there diverse careers and so on need to instead create tools to help mh team if possible... That is where the solution lies I feel
This entire post is my views and my views only and is not an offical Multihunter statement

First of all, I want to emphasize something that makes a lot of misunderstandings happen when it comes to multihunting. There are people who cheat in this game, there has been and always will be. The multihunters job is varied, not only catch cheaters, but also make sure that other parts of the game are marshalled.

My experience from the time I have had as a multihunter is that pretty much every decision you have to make will always piss off someone. Without going into specific cases, I had one example one round where a person playing the game thanked us for making a tough decision regarding a rule one day, only for him to come in the next day and slate us for something on a completely different matter.

Whats right and wrong in this game from a players viewpoint tends to be whatever a few people and their cronies seem to think in a situation, and really isnt founded by an understanding of the rules, more an understanding of what they think the rules are.

I can understand this, because as a HC, I mostly wanted decisions from the PA team that gained my type of play, and gaining my view on how PA should be played.

As a multihunter I am pretty much bound to the rules of the game, not one type of play, and in my opinion thats exactly how I should be. I cant make decisions based on heart, but have to make it based upon the rules at hand.

But as a well known subsection of the rules say: we as multihunters do have some leeway to decide when a situation arises that is untold of, or completely new. We then have a process where we discuss inside the team, and also with people involved in the incident, trying to understand what has happend, and then make a ruling that we try to make "offical" in that type of situation.

It is a really really difficult job to do, with sometimes us having to make timesensitive decisions because fleets landing etc.

I personally wish I could catch everyone that cheats in this game, and while we do have options, and choices and opportunities to close some cheaters, the burden of proof weighs heavy on our shoulders.

Do the community wish that the MH's needed to have less proof to close a cheater? Or does the community think that the proofs have to be crystal clear?

Me personally as multihunter know and do not want to feel threatned or forced by the community to make a decision. The rules of the game needs to be clear. Unfortunally, sometimes we come into situations where our decisions have to be made up due to gamechanges. Like with the ship salvage debacle. Or with other new "tactics" that people invent to either make the game more fun for themselves, often at the cost of others having a much less favourable gaming experience, which I personally think its sad.

You as a community have to understand that sometimes there are situations that are completely new to us, and that we have to process and digest and see a few situations before we can be 100% confident that we are making the right choice.

I have personally apologised to one person in this game due to a situation like that, and this person later thanked me for explaining my decsion to him,(since the case involved him) although maybe not agreeing with my decision.

I really hope and wish that the community could instead of all this negative 1 or 2 person focus on people in the MH team, could maybe try to be a bit more understanding towards that multihunters cant please everyone, and even though it might seem obvious to YOU that XX:xx:x is cheating, the burden of proof on us multihunters might not always add up to what you think is the best solution.

I will also like to mention that more or less 70% (I dont have these stats with me as I am away on holliday vacation, ) of all cases reported to me, has a logical solution that does not involve cheating, and therefor, even though we dont take action with a planet you report, we will investigate them.

I wish all of PAs players a merry christmas.
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 18:17   #26
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Transparency would be a nice thing from the multihunter team as well. I'm not talking about every decision but those 1-2 major ones from each round.

Even having a MH section of the forums, like announcements where Ace as head MH can write a short report of the facts, the decision taken and why.. Also added to this could be any rule change made via this change.

I appreciate you are all volunteers but you hold a position of responsibility within the game and that makes you accountable to the playerbase you police. Some things like what I said above or even a mh reply to the threads that start up about 'injustices' would give ppl a better view into how the mh team think and reach decisions. It would also give all the facts beyond doubt and end some of the trolling that gives you guys a worse reputation.

Get a public face, a public voice and explain things and people would respect you more, wether they agree with your decision or not.

That's what you need, respect. Stop hiding in the shadows!!!
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 19:51   #27
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

stop the bullshit about "we will not discuss cases other than with then planet involved". it's nonsense. if someone has broken the rules and gets closed, let us know.

without knowing why people are closed, it is impossible for people to learn. this leads to the same rules being, unknowingly, broken as noone is aware it is rule breaking.

use aliases if you want. but show us the decision and why.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 20:01   #28
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

yeah make a thread with posts like "farm planet and farmer was closed today" , "a planet named virgin mermaid of sucking huge rooster, got its name changed"

also yeeeah you need less proof. Its harder to be convicted of multiing in this game than getting judged for a crime in real court of law.
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 22:14   #29
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Im fully aware of what the rules are kargool. However, obviously before you became a MH exceptions were coded into the game so it enforced the rules automatically. Presume this has now ceased

p3nguin Founder
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 22:29   #30
TheoDD

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the multihunters are cheating?
more like stating that you guys make up rules as it suits you, with no reasoning or logic behind it. This is not personal against you kargool.
Unread 25 Dec 2012, 23:12   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
more like stating that you guys make up rules as it suits you, with no reasoning or logic behind it. This is not personal against you kargool.
I disagree, as I explained partly in the earlier post. Sometimes a new situation occur that causes us having to make a decision on how the rules should be in a situation like that. In most cases we dont do anything, but in some cases if we feel its a clear loophole abuse, or an action that is being taken that the gamefeature being abused had not been intended for whatsoever, we need to put a foundation down on how to change this rule.

When it comes to publically announce who has been closed for what, I really dont think its right or appropriate, first of all due to the fact that when someone is closed they have 10days to appeal the closure, and also, with the small community the chance of the individual being identified is to great.

I would not mind making a list over cases of people being closed throughoutthe round after the round is over, like a listing over how many got closed for what, there are risks to that aswell, allthough might sound small, but there is always a risk for a list like that to remind people or tell people of ways to cheat they then will try.

I personally think that a ban should last longer than 1 round for serious offenses, but again, I am not the rulemaker, I only maintain the current rules as is put before me.
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 00:39   #32
Plaguuu

If someone has done smth worth banning them for, I dont see a problem in giving their name out. Maybe people would play more by the rules if you guys actually had a Hall of Shame.
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 11:25   #33
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
If someone has done smth worth banning them for, I dont see a problem in giving their name out. Maybe people would play more by the rules if you guys actually had a Hall of Shame.
Well you will get prats who think its a badge of honour to be on that list but they are probably people the game could do without if it is to carry on. They are normally the negative rule breaking, 'cousin' using scum that troll pa every round.

I dont like how sometimes things that are expoilted in the game (not bugs and basic cheating) are used by the MH team to close people. I think a large part of the game is using diversity to maximise your planets chances of winning. There are many loopholes in PA that arent bugs but just shortsighted game design that bright minded individuals expose and use to their gain.

The salvaging thing is quite a good example because it was jumped on by the MH team mid round and people got closed for it. It never benefited the planet who did it and it didnt really destroy the hopes and dreams of the people who were attacking that planet. One night out of 49 will not ruin your round, you were obviously not good enough in the first place (Maniacmagic). As i saw it if you kept attacking people who would salvage everything then you would gradually move up the rankings, as a planet, a galaxy and an alliance. It was not something that should have been removed from the game, it was a tool that could be used to help defend yourself, to remove pointless steals and a god send for all those OCD Zik/Etd players. But now it seems it will be tampered with and changed because some people who were relying on a big teamup to escort them onto someone they had no chance of beating themselves in fair play cried and whined.

This is something the MH team should have stayed out of! Its not multiing, its not racist or offensive and it was NOT cheating, its exploiting a feature that was badly implemented by the PA team that is all.
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 12:59   #34
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

Basically Rein and Kai pretty much sum it up.

On the one hand you have planets getting closed and no-one knows what the hell is going on. Sometimes not even the actual planet that is getting closed. Ace's 'you know what you did wrong' doesn't really suffice.

On the other hand you have MH's getting too involved in the game. For example last round no intervention was needed at all. If people want to be douchebags, let them. Don't try to control everything.

I would like to add the situation of Merlin and Nitemare. Just let them play the friggin' game. As we've all known for a long time now: if you want to cheat you can. So there's really no need to be so hard on people that need an exception for the 'rule'.

In conclusion: loosen the f*ck up.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 14:57   #35
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Well you will get prats who think its a badge of honour to be on that list but they are probably people the game could do without if it is to carry on. They are normally the negative rule breaking, 'cousin' using scum that troll pa every round.

I dont like how sometimes things that are expoilted in the game (not bugs and basic cheating) are used by the MH team to close people. I think a large part of the game is using diversity to maximise your planets chances of winning. There are many loopholes in PA that arent bugs but just shortsighted game design that bright minded individuals expose and use to their gain.

The salvaging thing is quite a good example because it was jumped on by the MH team mid round and people got closed for it. It never benefited the planet who did it and it didnt really destroy the hopes and dreams of the people who were attacking that planet. One night out of 49 will not ruin your round, you were obviously not good enough in the first place (Maniacmagic). As i saw it if you kept attacking people who would salvage everything then you would gradually move up the rankings, as a planet, a galaxy and an alliance. It was not something that should have been removed from the game, it was a tool that could be used to help defend yourself, to remove pointless steals and a god send for all those OCD Zik/Etd players. But now it seems it will be tampered with and changed because some people who were relying on a big teamup to escort them onto someone they had no chance of beating themselves in fair play cried and whined.

This is something the MH team should have stayed out of! Its not multiing, its not racist or offensive and it was NOT cheating, its exploiting a feature that was badly implemented by the PA team that is all.
As stated by the rules:

Deliberate attempts to use bugs/exploits through AND/OR other than through the standard pages

Punishment: Multihunters will contact PA Team. Together they will decide what abuse is and what not, and determine possible punishment if needed.

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=rules

It clearly indicates here that should situations arise where bugs or loopholes/exploits are discovered, it is up to the PA team and us to together solve the issue at hand, which was done in the salvage situation.
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 15:18   #36
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
As stated by the rules:

Deliberate attempts to use bugs/exploits through AND/OR other than through the standard pages

Punishment: Multihunters will contact PA Team. Together they will decide what abuse is and what not, and determine possible punishment if needed.

http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=rules

It clearly indicates here that should situations arise where bugs or loopholes/exploits are discovered, it is up to the PA team and us to together solve the issue at hand, which was done in the salvage situation.
Sorry the salvage thing wasnt an exploit that gave an advantage. Killing your planet to stop you getting landed on is in no way advantgeous. It makes you, your galaxy and your alliance suffer from it. If it needed to be fixed in the PA teams eyes between rd 49 and rd 50 then fine that is there prorogative but there was no need for the MH team to get involved as no one gained from this shoddy coding.

You guys in your little cave just decided to wade in and close everyone in sight, and then be completely tight lipped on your reasons for doing so. Yet again we are back to transparency in the MH team and the dictator/nanny leadership and attitude of Ace.

It was the major issue of last round and nothing was put out to the community explaining why it was so bad to do this or why the MH team were getting involved in a negative effect exploit.

This is why Kargool we are all saying you guys power abuse. You give us no reason to think otherwise. Speak to the people, dont get involved in things that have no determential effect on round rankings and when asked a question by some enquiring player (especially HC's of alliances whos member is effected or accused) dont give them the short shrift or for lack of a better word act like a complete C U N T!!
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 15:27   #37
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

This is why Kargool we are all saying you guys power abuse. You give us no reason to think otherwise.
I think this is extremly sad Kai, that you as a grown up person should actually think that we as multihunters abuse our powers to make the game less fun for you.

Do you honestly think that three grown up adults who have real life jobs, but have said yes to multihunt on our spare time in planetarion sit and scheme on how to make the game unplayable for you?
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 15:34   #38
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Who knows what you do Kargool, thats the crux of it. You are your own little club hiding in your special channel making decisions that affect a game that people put a lot of time into.

Yes we all appreciate you do the job on a volunteer basis and that you have to fit it around a real job but then so do most alliance officers and HC's and the entire PA team so your not in some special club there. Infact i would say that all the others probably put more time into what they are doing compared to you guys.

Why isnt the head MH electable by the community? ALOT of people have major issues with Ace and whilst the team is all volunteers the person running it should be able to be removed by a majority if they find him lacking in the job he has. The MH team can be volunteers but the leader should be elected from that group.
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 23:51   #39
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:

When it comes to publically announce who has been closed for what, I really dont think its right or appropriate, first of all due to the fact that when someone is closed they have 10days to appeal the closure, and also, with the small community the chance of the individual being identified is to great.
its amusing that you think people dont know the name for most closures and the reason the person gives. the point is, we need the reason for you giving that decision.

this is how people learn what isnt allowed. its called precedents.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Dec 2012, 00:59   #40
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
its amusing that you think people dont know the name for most closures and the reason the person gives. the point is, we need the reason for you giving that decision.

this is how people learn what isnt allowed. its called precedents.
I got lots of precedents for Christmas
Unread 12 Apr 2013, 12:06   #41
TheoDD

Bump in order...

Can we get an official set of rules somewhere?

Tired of "not seeing" where the rules that are forced by the mulithunters.
And some cases they take action, and others they don't.. It's okay if the scenarios were different... BUT THE SAME SCENARIO, where some gets banned and some doesn't are retarded... SPECIALLY when the reason for the ban is nowhere to be found in the rules. We now have 4 - 5 people that: A) Don't play the game, but love to affect the outcome. B) Make up the rules as they go, and: C) don't even have the time to do it remotely properly.

So my conclusion: Scrap the entire mh team that sits, as they cant honestly say they are doing this for the community. They don't have the time nor reasonable judgement from my experience.
Unread 12 Apr 2013, 13:01   #42
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

yes get rid of Ace!!!

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Inforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2013, 22:49   #43
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can we get an official set of rules somewhere?
http://www.planetarion.com/misc/pages/user-agreement

#strategy
Unread 13 Apr 2013, 07:01   #44
TheoDD

" (1) Account closure means it will not be possible to log into the account, fleets and covert operations cannot be directed at a closed Account. Upon closing all outgoing fleets will be automatically recalled, closed Accounts keep ticking (gaining resources, auto adjusting stealth/alert levels, etc) with the rest of the universe. "

So why did attackers fleets get recalled a couple rounds ago, but this time not. I'm just saying that equal situations should result in equal situations.

Closed players should be kept in c200 while their case is pending, and from there it may or may not return. With all the hostiles recalled or landing, but various from how the MH team see fit is just bias... Some times you guys have more time available to look into things there and then, than other times. That alone affects most of your decisions regarding cases. Partially logic and evidence, but mostly your free time to resolve the matter. And to be on top of things in PA you need plenty of time. (Since it is constantly ticking more or less.)

If my point is still unclear, here it is again: either let every attacker that have already pre launched on a planet before it gets banned land, or recall them aswell. Personally i would go for the latter, as i see the first one could be majorly abused. (But that would give us more players to ban! (Cheaters))
Unread 13 Apr 2013, 11:00   #45
DeadMeat

DeadMeat is an unknown quantity at this point

You asked:
whats the rules when you are attacking a planet that is then closed?r request here:

DeadMeat

Our response:
You can\'t attack a closed planet.
If a planet get\'s closed while you are attacking it the system doesnt pull your fleets.

Ace
Unread 13 Apr 2013, 12:14   #46
Merlin
Wizard

The truth of the matter is MH makes the rules as they go along. PA crew wrings its hands and say it can do nothing and by god thats what they do NOTHING.
Ace has long since past his best before date and has infected the rest of the MH team with his little I am the king I make the rules BS.
Ask any of the PA crew they'll tell you as they told me they can't do anything about it. I suspect they won't do anything prefering instead to ride PA into the ground. And thats just what they are doing. MH team is a symptom of the apathy of the rest of PA crew, they can't and won't admit its a mistake.
Total waste of time writing here because you won't ever see a change.
Unread 13 Apr 2013, 13:59   #47
DeadMeat

DeadMeat is an unknown quantity at this point

So why don`t they retire Ace then and let someone else takeover??
Unread 13 Apr 2013, 15:51   #48
Monroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMeat View Post
So why don`t they retire Ace then and let someone else takeover??
The PA team is a team of equals, none can force another to resign. As long as Ace chooses to stay and does not break the PA Team rules there is very little that can be done to remove him even should the other PA Team members wish to do so.

#strategy
Unread 14 Apr 2013, 08:26   #49
Merlin
Wizard

Thumbs down Re: New MH team / head of MH team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
The PA team is a team of equals, none can force another to resign. As long as Ace chooses to stay and does not break the PA Team rules there is very little that can be done to remove him even should the other PA Team members wish to do so.

Which is what I said Ace is a power unto himself, PA crew is powerless to over rule or stop him.
So its Ace's rules or quit playing. As to the fact there are PA team rules, that's a joke and a half when Ace can do as he pleases, when he pleases, and the rest of the PA Team sits on their thumbs utterly powerless.

PA crew has no stones.

Last edited by Merlin; 15 Apr 2013 at 01:27.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2013, 16:22   #50
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

sadly merlin, i have to agree with you.

i think ace should get just quit, im fed up with his "i am the soul leader and master of PA" attitude, and think we as a player base should push him out.

to do that, we should flame him in chans and PMs till he leaves.

but thats just my 2cp, i normally wouldnt suggest such action, but hes an idiot, and is like a cancer to PA
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote