User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Jan 2010, 15:23   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
10th anniversary

I propose that we drop all this voting on new name and call the new round.

Planetarion's 10th anniversary!

As the game has lasted for ten years now, we should celebrate it in some manner.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 16:26   #2
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts
Re: 10th anniversary

Well, i second that.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 17:43   #3
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough

There's going to be more rounds this year. So if you like the idea, suggest it as a Round 36 round name so that it can be voted on. That way the player base still decides the name, and it's still in the ten year anniversary time period. But, I don't favor bypassing the voting and declaring your suggestion to be the round name.

Last edited by steveopotamus; 1 Jan 2010 at 17:44. Reason: forgot to put something in
steveopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 18:00   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Seeing as the game started early the year 2000, I really think we should name this round that or something similar.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 18:43   #5
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough

Well, the voting mechanism has been in place for a while...If you wanted it to be considered there's a way to do that. Submit it for vote.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 18:51   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is up with all these 0 post accounts suddenly piping up in support of voting for round names? It's really weird.

In any case everyone here is missing the point. The fact that PA will be a decade old next month should be taken as an opportunity for PR (and also as an oh god what are we still doing here, but that's a different matter).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 19:09   #7
steveopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What is up with all these 0 post accounts suddenly piping up in support of voting for round names? It's really weird.

In any case everyone here is missing the point. The fact that PA will be a decade old next month should be taken as an opportunity for PR (and also as an oh god what are we still doing here, but that's a different matter).
Well first, since you've been posting here for 5 years you should be happy that new people are posting. I thought that's what alot of people were wanting in this game...new blood.

Secondly, I don't think anybody is missing the point. The title of the post "10th anniversary" pretty much sums it up. But, if there is already a mechanism in place to name rounds, then submit a name for consideration via that mechanism. There was an in game mail on how to do it...

Finally, bypassing the voting process (pretty much the only thing the player base can somewhat control) is something I just don't support. Round 36 will still be in the 10th anniversary time frame. Just submit it for consideration for next round. Maybe the admin team will decide to make the next round submissions based on a tenth anniversary theme so that we can get alot of creative suggestions on how to incorporate the tenth anniversary into the general planetarion theme.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 20:07   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveopotamus View Post
Well first, since you've been posting here for 5 years you should be happy that new people are posting. I thought that's what alot of people were wanting in this game...new blood.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic there are new people on the forums, I just don't think I've seen any in the last, what, 2 years? I'm naturally suspicious, I guess.

As for your post (and, as said before, the rest of the thread), the name of the round is not exactly what I meant when I said "PR".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 1 Jan 2010 at 20:13.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 20:14   #9
steveopotamus

That's cool. This is my third round: just started posting.

*Was my third round. About to be fourth.
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 20:35   #10
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 21:43   #11
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Wow, a decade i have been playing this (on and off). I really need another hobby

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 01:48   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

"Three" thumbs up for Kargool suggestion.
(name currently voted on could be used for r36 and 1 credit still given for r35) It is more important to celebrate that very special occasion which will never come back again.
And if the creation of the game was January, it has to be celebrated in January... or does steveopotamus suggest we celebrate next christmas on 18 June ?

Last edited by Makhil; 2 Jan 2010 at 01:57.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 02:45   #13
steveopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
"Three" thumbs up for Kargool suggestion.
(name currently voted on could be used for r36 and 1 credit still given for r35) It is more important to celebrate that very special occasion which will never come back again.
And if the creation of the game was January, it has to be celebrated in January... or does steveopotamus suggest we celebrate next christmas on 18 June ?
Ok, First: The game didn't start in January, but rather February. So your analogy is flawed. A better one would be to say that you are suggesting that we celebrate Christmas a month early next year.

Secondly: Did it just dawn on people that the 10 years was approaching? If so, then plan better next time. Regardless of how many thumbs you throw up, if you have such high hopes for the 10 year anniversary, then rushing a name through is silly. Next round falls directly after the 10 year mark, so why not have a 10 year themed round name competition and get creative ideas that directly relate to the 10 years. This way you plan it out, it goes through the appropriate process, and you don't abrogate the player's individual right to vote.

Lastly: Naming a round in honor of the 10 year mark is something I'm sure alot of players will want to do. I would encourage appocomaster and the rest of the pa team to send out a mail at the end of this round to ask for 10 year themed round names so that we can get some really great ideas in there.

Last edited by steveopotamus; 2 Jan 2010 at 02:54.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 04:32   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

You seem pretty good at splitting hairs in 4 and making a problem out of something that shouldn't be.
- January or February is the same. R35 will be spread over those 2 months it is appropriate to have the anniversary on that round
- Round naming process is not carved in some sacred stone sent to us by god. We can adapt to a unique situation and react swiftly to a great suggestion from Kargool, that we would have missed without him.
Exceptionnal circumstance >> exceptionnal decision

It's not even worth arguing with you, you're missing the whole point of an anniversary. If you tell us that the MAD suggestion is yours I'll understand you're fight otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 04:39   #15
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

what is there to celebrate?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 19:07   #16
steveopotamus

Quote:
You seem pretty good at splitting hairs in 4 and making a problem out of something that shouldn't be.
- January or February is the same. R35 will be spread over those 2 months it is appropriate to have the anniversary on that round
- Round naming process is not carved in some sacred stone sent to us by god. We can adapt to a unique situation and react swiftly to a great suggestion from Kargool, that we would have missed without him.
Exceptionnal circumstance >> exceptionnal decision

It's not even worth arguing with you, you're missing the whole point of an anniversary. If you tell us that the MAD suggestion is yours I'll understand you're fight otherwise it doesn't make sense.
See, therein lies the problem. The suggestion for having a 10 year anniversary name was great. However, I personally don't think that the suggested name itself was good. There's where we are having our disconnect I think. I would rather get a bunch of people involved and get a cool name that RELATES to planetarion AND the 10 year mark, rather than settle for some vanilla "happy anniversary" name. To me it's worth spending the extra time to do it right.

Personally, I would do a 10th anniversary skin to go with their 10th anniversary name. I'm sure other people have other ideas that can be put into play. But when you rush something like this and celebrate these exceptional circumstances with a "happy anniversary, see in 10 more years," you miss out on the chance for people to really contribute.

This is like forgetting about you and your wife's anniversary and picking up flowers on the way home, instead of taking the time before hand to plan a trip that happens after your anniversary date. But yeah, I could see how you think I don't understand the complex point of an anniversary...
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 20:18   #17
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Bla bla bla
You sir are the biggest buzzkill since Wakey.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 20:33   #18
steveopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
I don't know who Wakey is, but I get the sense that this is a milestone. In honor of this I propose we commemorate this momentous occasion with a tribute to me. A monte cristo sandwich will do nicely.

No? Well, I'm off in search of one as I am hung over and it's the only thing that my mind is telling my stomach that it should keep down.
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 22:02   #19
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Unlike your flaming his post is actually quite reasonable and well written.

I think this occasion just shows once again that PA Team is not competent enough to actually run this game in a matter that will make Pete and the players happy.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 04:15   #20
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

It was well written, but that doesn't make it any more valid. steveopotamus does seem to be arguing over almost any and all points and he hasn't been able to come up with any substantial counter-arguments. mz made a very good point about the fact we should be making a bigger deal over the fact that this year is our 10th Anniversary, and atm the only thing that has been suggested is Kargool's name change.

It does seem that steveopotomus would do well on PATeam though - they both appear to fear change with equal vigour.

You don't happen to be a web developer with no coding ability, do you steve?
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 04:18   #21
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know who Wakey is, but I get the sense that this is a milestone. In honor of this I propose we commemorate this momentous occasion with a tribute to me.
We could always change the round name to Planetarion's 10th Anniversay (or something of similar sentiment) in your honour?
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 04:18   #22
steveopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
It was well written, but that doesn't make it any more valid. steveopotamus does seem to be arguing over almost any and all points and he hasn't been able to come up with any substantial counter-arguments. mz made a very good point about the fact we should be making a bigger deal over the fact that this year is our 10th Anniversary, and atm the only thing that has been suggested is Kargool's name change.

It does seem that steveopotomus would do well on PATeam though - they both appear to fear change with equal vigour.

You don't happen to be a web developer with no coding ability, do you steve?
I'll condense the text for you kenny. I don't think we should half-a$$ the ten year anniversary. I think the proposed name sucks. As you said, this YEAR is the ten year anniversary. No harm in waiting till next round to do it right. Throwing out a crappy name does not represent making a big deal over the anniversary. To me that's just paying it lip service because people forgot.
Thanks for your post kenny, you're a real treat.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 04:39   #23
Makhil

No harm in using Kargool's proposed name for r35, and improve next round (new skin, better name for r36) to mark the event as it should be. But it is important to say happy birthday on the correct date even if you buy the present later.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 04:41   #24
steveopotamus

Quote:
No harm in using Kargool's proposed name for r35, and improve next round (new skin, better name for r36) to mark the event as it should be. But it is important to say happy birthday on the correct date even if you buy the present later.
I'd say the harm would be in the name itself...it's not very good. Even more reason why it should go through the whole vetting process and get voted on for next round.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 05:06   #25
Makhil

A not very good name would be perfect to celebrate 10 years of crappy names.
You have a few days to come up with a better one instead of arguying for the sake of it.
Voting on PA round names is not a constitutional right, I'm not sure the 73 voters on the last poll care that much either. Only you are trying to make a stand against a nice suggestion. Half Ayatollah (minus the followers)-Half General Custer (minus the troops)... interesting.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 05:15   #26
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Thanks for your post kenny, you're a real treat.
You don't know the half of it!

I, like mz, welcome new posters to the forums. Being 'new' isn't a valid excuse for being a pessimistic, nay-saying, poo-pooing, say-no-nancy though.

A suggestion that somebody recently suggested whilst discussing another suggestion on the suggestion forum was that ideas put forth are to be improved upon via community feedback/discussion/suggestion. Perhaps rather than just criticising this suggestion you can suggest a fitting way to celebrate our first decade? Perhaps a suggestion for a better name that ties in with Kargool's suggestion?

To be honest, the only real problem I had with your reasoning before was that you didn't want to change the name because of some voting system that had already taken place. I then compared this kind of linear thought process to that of the PATeam (who are widely considered to be largely incompetent)... I'm sorry if that comes across as harsh but I'd actually like a name that reflected our history. Given that it's our 10th anniversary, shouldn't all round names this year reflect this in some way?

Much in the same way as in advertising a film, the 'tag line' can be very important to a marketing aspect - the point I believe mz was trying to make which you appear to have missed.

Plus it's the dawn of a new decade (if one uses the Gregorian calendar that is) so anything to do with the number '10' (except for maybe Downing Street) could be explorable.

How about rather than argue facetiously you see through the window dressing of people's posts and start talking shop?
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 08:47   #27
steveopotamus

Quote:
You don't know the half of it!

I, like mz, welcome new posters to the forums. Being 'new' isn't a valid excuse for being a pessimistic, nay-saying, poo-pooing, say-no-nancy though.

A suggestion that somebody recently suggested whilst discussing another suggestion on the suggestion forum was that ideas put forth are to be improved upon via community feedback/discussion/suggestion. Perhaps rather than just criticising this suggestion you can suggest a fitting way to celebrate our first decade? Perhaps a suggestion for a better name that ties in with Kargool's suggestion?

To be honest, the only real problem I had with your reasoning before was that you didn't want to change the name because of some voting system that had already taken place. I then compared this kind of linear thought process to that of the PATeam (who are widely considered to be largely incompetent)... I'm sorry if that comes across as harsh but I'd actually like a name that reflected our history. Given that it's our 10th anniversary, shouldn't all round names this year reflect this in some way?

Much in the same way as in advertising a film, the 'tag line' can be very important to a marketing aspect - the point I believe mz was trying to make which you appear to have missed.

Plus it's the dawn of a new decade (if one uses the Gregorian calendar that is) so anything to do with the number '10' (except for maybe Downing Street) could be explorable.

How about rather than argue facetiously you see through the window dressing of people's posts and start talking shop?
I did talk shop. I said put the onus upon the entire community to name the round: that privilege which currently belongs to the entire community. You just didn't like my suggestion and wrote is off as a non-suggestion. I refuse to get into a post debating what I think a good name is versus what you think a good name is. I somehow doubt we would see eye to eye on it, and it removes from the process people that play every round but don't happen to be reading this forum post.

Obviously we aren't connecting on this issue on some fundamental level, so my final post on this will be to reassure you that I think it's a good idea suited for next round when people are allowed to participate rather than a handful of self-selected people deciding what is best for everybody in a forum post.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 09:50   #28
Makhil

you forgot the end tag </BS>
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 11:24   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
As has everyone else (still), it appears. Third time is the charm.

My point was that no matter how awesome the round name, it's not going to attract new players to the game. This whole discussion is meaningless. **** the round name! What everyone should be saying right now is that the 10th anniversary of PA is a good opportunity for proper PR, rather than whether round X or Y should be named in honour of the momentous occasion. Free your minds, man!

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 3 Jan 2010 at 11:31.
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 11:47   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Now my initial suggestion did not impose or put forward some name change to attract new players, as I agree with that it won't bring in any new players. But with some attempt of actually doing some PR. It might bring in a few of those: Oh, I remember that game, wonder what they are up to and come back and see. However, yes, it's going to be quite futile to have the name change and nothing going on. I guess since the round only last for 7 weeks, the next round can start early march and we can call it 10th anniversary and then some..

I'm also disappointed that nobody had thought about it before I brought it up...
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 16:51   #31
lofty
Shinigami

lofty will become famous soon enoughlofty will become famous soon enough

Im could be wrong as playing this game for 10years you tend to forget things and my memory is not what it once woz, but im pretty certain that this game started in like decemberish 1999, (for some reason that rings a bell, i remember reading bout it in the back of a gameing magazine) and not jan/feb?
Unread 3 Jan 2010, 17:02   #32
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Round_1

Idea from summer '99, first round started february 2000.
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 00:01   #33
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

wow.. pa has been around for a decade! :P
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 04:32   #34
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Seeing as steve is so fond of the set in stone "voting for round name " system, perhaps PATeam can set up a new poll, to see if the public would like to postpone the current naming poll to round 36 and have round 35 named accordingly to "10th Year of Creation" or something similar.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 08:19   #35
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

or quickly set up a new contest. how about 'a decade of strife' or '10 years of war' or something.. i'm sure lots of people have good ideas :P
Unread 4 Jan 2010, 14:22   #36
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
or quickly set up a new contest. how about 'a decade of strife' or '10 years of war' or something.. i'm sure lots of people have good ideas :P
10 Years of Shite
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 15:17   #37
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

Or maybe... "8 rounds of a really great game and great friends, then we made the rounds too short to be interesting"
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 15:20   #38
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

But in all seriousness... This game has managed to create a lot of fantastic memories over the years and a great deal of people I am proud to have called friend, and some women/girls that were always a lot of fun (and after 10 years must ALL finally be legal by now)
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 15:38   #39
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, 7 week rounds are more than long enough.
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 17:06   #40
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Trust me, 7 week rounds are more than long enough.
Quite amusing though to read that old interview with Spinner. He said something about 6 month per round back then
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 18:11   #41
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
Quite amusing though to read that old interview with Spinner. He said something about 6 month per round back then
i think a 6 month round would be fun with enough players

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2010, 18:21   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
with enough players