User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 20 May 2009, 18:12   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
New players and a few hints about fleetcomposition for new players

There is a few players that have pm'ed me asking about their fleet composition and how to manage.

There is a lot of good answers to this question, and all of them depend on a few things you need to consider before deciding on what strategy you want to use.

One thing that is important, is to remember that you should stick to your plan, and don't let much change your strategy, unless there is something you absolutely need to build/do.

Fleet composition. There is a lot of various opinions on this, and some might strongly disagree with the strategy I propose here, but bear in mind, all strategies should be considered by the amount of time you have avaliable for playing Planetarion.

Note: This strategy is based on you being in an alliance that does organised defending. If you're not in an organised alliance, please do not use this tactic.

Defense fleet composition. First you need to do, is to query the dc's of your alliance what is needed the most in def. A lot of differnt ships will be suggested to you, dependant on race, but as soon as you've found out what it is, then you start on building that type of ship, it should also be a ship you recon is a highly efficent defship for your own planet. IE (This round r31) Terrans should build Cerberus. But ask a DC for advice, he knows what your alliance have incoming.

Attacks: Again, this is all round based so i wont give any advice on what to build this round but. Stick to one attackfleet . IE Fighters, Corvettes, frigates, destroyers, cruisers or battleships.

Then you got 1 type of defship, and one type of attackfleet. Quite easy for you to handle, but also a quite efficent use of your own resources. Then proceed to build 3 attackships for ever 1 defenseship you build, and you got a pretty decent fleet, and a composition that should work for you.

As the round progresses, changes will be made due to weaknesses you or your alliance might have, but if you keep a consistent 1/3 build, you will have a more balanced fleet.
Unread 20 May 2009, 22:53   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: New players and a few hints about fleetcomposition for new players

Good summary, nice post.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2009, 05:03   #3
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Helps to build attack/defense fleets that can flak for each other against kill classes. Makes them less likely to attack and kill you while you sleep. Also handy against emp attackers.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 20:53   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Current my xan fleet consists of

Banshee 4000
Phantom 2000
Revenant 1000
Bomber 2000
Illusion 500
Mirage 100

Its has a problem with hostile xan CR (bombers fires after them), but its not bad all round.

The banshee are used in most FR/DE alliance incoming, and its become useful in a few attacks (if the target has a few FR/DE that target my Fi/Co).

With pods I try to work out how many it takes for steal 25% from my normal choice of targets. So working on stealing 250 roids, then I would need just over 3000 (4 damage per ship), so then i normally double in case of losses.

By focusing on an amount to steal, i dont overbuild my pods, and can focus more on attacking ships.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote