User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Jul 2017, 21:31   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
SALVAGE for top planets

Hi folks,
I would like to see a tweak in salvage when the top planets take value losses after salvage. I get why it is like this when the top planets make a profit in salvage due to some shit players donating but when a planet takes a 100k value loss on a green def calc I think this needs tweaked
Unread 10 Jul 2017, 21:32   #2
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: SALVAGE for top planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Hi folks,
I would like to see a tweak in salvage when the top planets take value losses after salvage. I get why it is like this when the top planets make a profit in salvage due to some shit players donating but when a planet takes a 100k value loss on a green def calc I think this needs tweaked
If you take value loss and cant handle it, dont defend, run fleet.
People will land red calcs in the final stages of rounds, and people will land red calcs in a war situation.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2017, 22:10   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Rather than making it easier to defend top planets, I'd prefer having a way of seeing how value losses/gains are distributed among participating fleets in the bcalc. That way you can tell more easily if the calc is 'green enough' for you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2017, 22:13   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

not a bad suggestion
Unread 11 Jul 2017, 11:21   #5
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
If you take value loss and cant handle it, dont defend, run fleet.
People will land red calcs in the final stages of rounds, and people will land red calcs in a war situation.
There's red calcs and there's crashing 5m value vs 1.3m value for 15% cap. Defence gained 200k salvage but the highest value defender lost 100k. At this rate, I can't use my own fleet to defend myself because whatever happens, I lose value unless attackers are fully EMP'd. Surely that's not what the salvage rules are designed to do, to stop top planets defending themselves at all?

I like mz suggestion, but I was already aware of the situation before land, calc actually had it worse than it turned out. Not sure why.
Unread 11 Jul 2017, 11:47   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The salvage rules are designed to prevent cheating by donati-- I mean totally legitimate crashes by my friends and very-recently-kicked ally mates on a massive scale.

I haven't looked at them in-depth recently (or ever, really), but if that goal could be achieved without forcing top planets to run their fleets from every attacker, that'd be fine, I think.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Jul 2017, 18:19   #7
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
There's red calcs and there's crashing 5m value vs 1.3m value for 15% cap. Defence gained 200k salvage but the highest value defender lost 100k. At this rate, I can't use my own fleet to defend myself because whatever happens, I lose value unless attackers are fully EMP'd. Surely that's not what the salvage rules are designed to do, to stop top planets defending themselves at all?

I like mz suggestion, but I was already aware of the situation before land, calc actually had it worse than it turned out. Not sure why.
People have been crying out for more red calcs, and more of a war game.
People build SKs and arrange FCs even though it aint realy profitable for their own gains.

And as Mz pointed out, there was a certain ND HC who kept getting free steals a few years back

Unread 11 Jul 2017, 21:05   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
People have been crying out for more red calcs, and more of a war game.
If you (I assume that you're pulling your standard trick of presenting your personal point of view as if it is shared by the majority) want more war, you need to make war more profitable, not less.
Unread 11 Jul 2017, 21:22   #9
Vistion
RL PALS WITH TRUMP

Vistion can only hope to improve

just look at every war in the history of the world...odds are the winners lost a fair amount. unless it was a big block war or there was no def irl....This is no different. either run your fleet or don't land on the suicides. it's really easy. People will find a way to exploit absolutely everything, there comes a time where the tears should just stop. quit the game or kill the exploiters.
Vistion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2017, 02:01   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If you (I assume that you're pulling your standard trick of presenting your personal point of view as if it is shared by the majority) want more war, you need to make war more profitable, not less.
If you (I assume that you're pulling your standard trick of presenting your personal point of view as if it is the universal truth) think that the most important reason for war should always be to get profits, maybe we have completely different point of view on the matter.

Red calc is a red calc, but if the goal is to beat you opponent to something (planet ranks, alliance rank, gal ranks) what is important is that the other side is worse than yours.
Issue being that the margins are way too low in PA now days.
Reasons being in my view small tag limits, short rounds, no comeback mechanism, etc..

Unread 12 Jul 2017, 08:31   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
If you think that the most important reason for war should always be to get profits, maybe we have completely different point of view on the matter.
Quote:
Red calc is a red calc, but if the goal is to beat you opponent to something (planet ranks, alliance rank, gal ranks) what is important is that the other side is worse than yours.
You fundamentally miss the problem. It doesn't matter what you or I feel a just reward for going to war is. The only thing that matters is how players weigh the incentives provided by the game. If people don't feel they're getting anything out of going to war, why would they?

And they don't, because there's a really good reason why we only care about our own losses when deciding whether to land an attack: PA is not a 1 vs. 1 game. Even if you lose less than your opponent does, there's always an alliance out there losing nothing, some of which are also in the running for #1. Any alliance that's willing to take losses to take down another alliance is essentially helping a third. It's a bad strategy. If you want more war, you have to provide incentives for people to want more war.

Quote:
short rounds
By the way, "make profitable" does not necessarily mean "give people score for crashing". Longer rounds make wars more profitable by giving alliances longer to benefit from the spoils of war. Longer rounds have other downsides, of course: the longer a round goes on, the more people emoquit, get bored or just lose and are thus prevented from significantly influencing the round.

Quote:
(I assume that you're pulling your standard trick of presenting your personal point of view as if it is the universal truth)
If I could make you copy everything I say, that would make things a lot easier.
Unread 12 Jul 2017, 14:19   #12
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Best incentive to war is..... ships don't count towards score. That way red calcs are not a killer
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote