User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 00:31   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Find Me A Job...

So friends, I'm ****ed.

As of the 28th of Feb, I have no where to work!

I will be leaving the big, red, evil, machine... partly because I want to, but mainly because they want me to.

I've previously been earning around 25k-30kish a year, varying on bonus and comission as such. I've grown quite used to this standard of living, and I feel extremely reluctant to give it up.

So, I figure a guy like me, lots of skills, lots of character, well spoken when I need to be... I wont have trouble finding work, right? right?

Yeah like ****, anyway, after 3 weeks of searching I've turned up absolutely, completely, 110% **** all. I've had one interview, with BP, which I didnt get. And I've not really found out anything else.

Oh, thats a lie, I've found out I hate graduates. Not because they had the balls to stick through college and Uni, which I did not, but because there are just so many of them these days. Does every job in the entire world want a graduate these days?

I've tried applying for some recruitment jobs, its business to business sales with a bit of people management thrown in really, so I figure its something that with a bit of training and some hardwork I could get my head around. I'm only looking at trainee roles, nothing too strenous.. 18k starting basic with a 30k+ OTE...

They all want graduates. Seriously. A degree in maths is going to help me sell people? And would you put yourself through 5 years of Uni... to come out and start earning 18k? Jesus.

I dont really expect you to find a job, although I expect a few humourous suggestions, I just wanted to rant about the jobs market in London!