User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Dec 2005, 23:32   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Hey guys

My store trades more than 6 hours on sundays.

Apparently it's illegal.

I want to complain to the Trading Office people. I'm alway at work more than 9 hours every sunday.

Who should I get in touch with?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 23:38   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: Hey guys

Trading Standards:
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 23:57   #3
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

The shop i used to work in was open from 6AM-10PM 7 days a week and didn't pay extra on Sundays *shrug*
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2005, 23:57   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Here's the thing horn, they're not paying me for the additional 3+ hours.

Hence why I find it wrong. I need to make a complaint. I'm fed up with it and I'm not getting my pay rise.

EDIT: Also, the company (owned by John Caudwell) states we're only allowed to open for 6 hours. However the management, ASD (Area Sales Director) and the ROM (Regional Operations Manager) decided to ignore what Mr. Caudwell has set out.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:11   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it varies for different businesses. i think places that sell food get to stay open longer, but i'm certain that, say, clothes shops only get 6 hours a day.

and if you're working 3 hours of unpaid overtime every sunday involuntarily, then get that ****ing sorted right now
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:12   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sure Caudwell suggested it in the first place.

And your not seriously complaining about doing more hours than your actual contract suggests? Although, if you're paid by the hour I can semi-understand this.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:22   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
And your not seriously complaining about doing more hours than your actual contract suggests?
for a retail job? absolutely he should be, even if he were salaried.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:22   #8
Blastoderm
________

Check this: every company around the Oxford Street area are open for 6 hours (7 if they're desperate for sales).

I'm a part-timer. I don't get paid for the extra hours. It's shit. And I'm always going home late. Stew, I'm very serious. Today was the last straw. I am going to make that complaint.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:34   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The opening hours of a shop on Sundays are partially determined by how large the shop is.

See here : http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/sunday.htm

However, if you're doing work that you're not being paid for, irrespective of trading laws, you should object to this. A formal written complaint to your bosses boss (or whatever) might do the trick.

edit : It's also worth noting that the opening hours of a shop aren't related to the hours employees work. A shop maybe closed most of Sunday but they may still employ staff as security guards, stock management, etc while it was closed.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 5 Dec 2005 at 00:43.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 00:47   #10
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The opening hours of a shop on Sundays are partially determined by how large the shop is.

See here : http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/sunday.htm

However, if you're doing work that you're not being paid for, irrespective of trading laws, you should object to this. A formal written complaint to your bosses boss (or whatever) might do the trick.
Thanks Dante. I'm pretty sure my store is bigger than over 280 sq m/3,000 sq ft because we used to obey the law. Now they say "who gives a toss about the law?"*

After having a look at the link Belgy just gave, it doesn't tell me who to speak to. Just the local authority. Is this the right procedure?

*This is a quote from the assistant manager.

EDIT: However if the store is open for 9+ hours straight and you're working for those 9 hours straight, surely there's something wrong with it. (Cleaning the store and arranging stock, etc. takes no more than 30mins before and after the store's opening hours)
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 01:50   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Maybe send a letter to Mr Caudwell rather than Trading standards *shrug*
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 01:54   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
EDIT: However if the store is open for 9+ hours straight and you're working for those 9 hours straight, surely there's something wrong with it.
There are obviously restrictions on how many hours you can work without a break, and how many hours you can work in general. But as far as I know the fact it's "on a Sunday" doesn't actually matter to your working time - only the stores opening hours. Plenty of people work long shifts on a Sunday (bus drivers, nurses etc.)
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 01:57   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
My store trades more than 6 hours on sundays.

Apparently it's illegal.

I want to complain to the Trading Office people. I'm alway at work more than 9 hours every sunday.

Who should I get in touch with?
You should be glad the nice multinational corporation decided to let you have a job
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:06   #14
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You should be glad the nice multinational corporation decided to let you have a job
You're making it sound like I work for Nike in South-East Asia...
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:07   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're making it sound like I work for Nike in South-East Asia...
You don't? Shit, I thought you were black. Sorry dude!
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:08   #16
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Plenty of people work long shifts on a Sunday (bus drivers, nurses etc.)
Does the act applies to all types of jobs or just those in retail?

(probably a silly question)
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:09   #17
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You don't? Shit, I thought you were black. Sorry dude!
I didn't know there are black oriental people.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:10   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I didn't know there are black oriental people.
The wogs start at calais my friend.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:12   #19
Blastoderm
________

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JonnyBGood again.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:21   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Does the act applies to all types of jobs or just those in retail?

(probably a silly question)
IANAL but from the little I know the main focus is on restricting trading/opening hours for shops to stop Sunday being eroded away somehow (or something). There are specific rights for employees though (I think) such as you can refuse to work Sunday's, unless that's your specifically contracted shift or whatever.

So yeah, it's to do with retail but I think it's not designed (specifically) with working in mind. I maybe wrong however, this isn't my area.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 02:24   #21
Blastoderm
________

Fair enough D.

I'll just call the company's confidential hotline and see what happens.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 23:37   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

We had this issue with our store too.

Apparently its legal if your stores are below a certain size, as all of ours are.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 23:46   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

trading standards are always run by your local authority, although from your unpaid work point of view, citizens advice are a better bet
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 00:39   #24
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
We had this issue with our store too.

Apparently its legal if your stores are below a certain size, as all of ours are.
Pop around Tottenham Court Road and see the size of the place I work in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
trading standards are always run by your local authority, although from your unpaid work point of view, citizens advice are a better bet
The Trading Standards have told me that the issue I've raised is not a council matter . They told me to go to Citizens Advice Bureau instead. So I might do that on Wednesday.

Also, I've rung up the company's Confidential Hotline and they said they'll look into it.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 00:41   #25
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

refuse to work more hours than you are paid for.
If you work out how much you are paid against the amount of hours you work it might work out that the commission doesn't even make up for it.
Look for a different job.

If you keep letting them force you to work unpaid then they will keep doing it.

Try the whole "hey, I worked this x hours last month but I only got paid for y, what's going on?" and see what they say.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 02:06   #26
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

In terms of sunday working afik you have to give a 12 week written notice stating that you object to working sundays and no longer wish to do so, after this time they must allow you to drop these hours but are not required to 'make up' your hours on other days.

But as was said a bit further up a letter to management would probably be a bit more productive than going to local authority? If that didnt work include the letter any ounch details you have etc and send them to regional and keep escalating it until it does.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 07:20   #27
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Another bit of advise, get the **** out of the Caudwell group, they a bunch of money grabbing ****s and Caudwell should be shot in the face multiple times until he dies in screaming agony. Then everybody who has ever worked for him should walk up and piss on his corpse, then he should be buried under a giant pile of monkey shit before finally being paraded naked through the streets, smelling of piss and shit with the word **** tattoo'd into his mortifying flesh.

ps. Yeah I know your tottenham court road store is pretty large, would you say it was about the same as our flagship? Since our flagship store is able to trade more than 6 hours on a Sunday if it needs to, and that place is pretty fking huge.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 12:50   #28
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Another bit of advise, get the **** out of the Caudwell group, they a bunch of money grabbing ****s and Caudwell should be shot in the face multiple times until he dies in screaming agony. Then everybody who has ever worked for him should walk up and piss on his corpse, then he should be buried under a giant pile of monkey shit before finally being paraded naked through the streets, smelling of piss and shit with the word **** tattoo'd into his mortifying flesh.

ps. Yeah I know your tottenham court road store is pretty large, would you say it was about the same as our flagship? Since our flagship store is able to trade more than 6 hours on a Sunday if it needs to, and that place is pretty fking huge.
Well he's selling his company. He can **** off tbh.

Your store seems just as huge as the CPW at Oxford Circus. I don't know if you have a first floor but I'm pretty sure you have a basement as huge as your ground floor.

My store has 3 floors (including the basement). They're all the same size in each floor. That is just as big as the CPW mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerbarn
But as was said a bit further up a letter to management would probably be a bit more productive than going to local authority? If that didnt work include the letter any ounch details you have etc and send them to regional and keep escalating it until it does.
Ok. So there's my admin manager, manager, ASD, ROM, Director for London, South Division Director. I can write a letter to anyone above the ROM but they'll ignore me purely because they support the opening hours for sunday. I don't know who's above the South Division Director apart from Caudwell. I'll find out anyway.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 13:39   #29
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

surely it's not the opening hours thing that's annoying you, it's the working unpaid on a sunday?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 13:44   #30
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
surely it's not the opening hours thing that's annoying you, it's the working unpaid on a sunday?
Both.

The salespeople are complaning about it too but they're scared. So someone's gotta do it.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 21:28   #31
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Ok. So there's my admin manager, manager, ASD, ROM, Director for London, South Division Director. I can write a letter to anyone above the ROM but they'll ignore me purely because they support the opening hours for sunday. I don't know who's above the South Division Director apart from Caudwell. I'll find out anyway.
They might well ignore you, but if it comes down to it and you do have to go to local authorities then written correspondance from these people will help to nail them to the floor. which is always fun!
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 13:03   #32
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Companies can work longer hours if they request a licence, or if they are just small-time (corner shops etc)

Theres not really that much to complain about really, although i would chat to your manager and tell him straight about the pay... that just sux..

Hope ya get what ya needed.

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 13:24   #33
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Companies can work longer hours if they request a licence, or if they are just small-time (corner shops etc)

Theres not really that much to complain about really, although i would chat to your manager and tell him straight about the pay... that just sux..

Hope ya get what ya needed.
I hope you realise that Phones4u isn't a small company. The so-called licence only applies to places where there's entertainment and 'small-time' (clubs, restaurants, cornershops, etc)

The company are just as big as Virgin (Megastore) and Sir Branson complies with the law.