User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 08:51   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I just got lucky

I almost was in a carcrash...
This old guy, probably got unwell for a moment in his car. I was just approaching this roundabout, he came from the left, he just drove straight on over the roundabout, pedal to the metal, over an artificial hill, over my half of the road, just infront of my car, onto the sidewalk into a traffic sign, through a garden scraping a tree, straight into a parked car.

I jumped out of my car, shouted "you ****ing lunatic", and went to work so I could post this on GD.

No, actually, I jumped out of my car, ran over to his, opened the door where the guy was sitting with his head hanging. I reached over and turned off the engine. I poked the guy saying "mister, mister, you OK" because he was seemingly unconcious.

Luckilly he opened his eyes, and asked "what happened" and stepped out of the car against better advise because he was pretty disoriented and you never know what else he might have.

An ambulance came, took the guy away.
I gave a statement to the police.
And I headed off to work to tell all this on GD.

I'm still a tad shaky... right in front of me he drove over that artificial hill and over my side of the road. If I had left home just a few seconds earlier I'd not be posting on GD at this moment, because quite frankly, my little tin can Suzuki Swift wouldn't have stood much chance against his French tank.

But dispite that, I feel like a ****ing hero. Saving the guy from his car...
YEAH.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:26   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: I just got lucky

My HERO!!!!

He's dreamy
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:34   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought this was going to be another "look how studly I am, I had sex (lolololosexlolol*giggle*)" thread.
Thank you S/I for restoring some of my faith in GD.

And well done, looks like you did all the right things etc.
Hopefully whoever insures the guy might suggest he gets a medical assesment to see if he's still fit to drive...
This reinforces my view that driving licenses should require some sort of requalification after say 10 or 20 years, as it's utterly rediculous to assume that because someone passed a test when they were 17 makes them qulified to drive 60 years later when they're 77.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:41   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
He's dreamy
What do you expect... I just got out of bed. I'm surprised I even passed my REM-sleep when I got into my car.

Still, I thought it was pretty obvious, but the guy also asked me if he had hit something. He was really far off.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:44   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
What do you expect... I just got out of bed. I'm surprised I even passed my REM-sleep when I got into my car.

Still, I thought it was pretty obvious, but the guy also asked me if he had hit something. He was really far off.

I was just displaying my deep affection for you, I was clasping my hands to my side when I uttered those words.
Heh. Well he was lucky you were there, go you!
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:55   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
I was just displaying my deep affection for you, I was clasping my hands to my side when I uttered those words.
Heh. Well he was lucky you were there, go you!
Sorry, I misunderstood. Forums are not suitable for conveying the action of clapsing hands to sides.

But you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3 <3
I think I'm going to buy a red cape and blue tights when I'm done working today.

Last edited by Structural Integrity; 24 Feb 2005 at 10:05.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:03   #7
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can buy thighs?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:03   #8
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Don't forget to locate the nearest phonebox to you.

"Phoneboxes, they're not just for pissing in anymore!"
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:06   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
You can buy thighs?
Where, I didn't write that?
It's the aftereffects of this whole happening.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:09   #10
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

We seem to have a little 3-way love in, in this thread so far.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 10:54   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its cos your the only people online, luckily, i have just got to work to rescue you from yourselves!

(well done S/I )
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 11:57   #12
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I wrote my car off last week on the M25, at 10:20am. Probably wasnt the best time todo such a thing
Madina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:08   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I wrote my car off last week on the M25, at 10:20am. Probably wasnt the best time todo such a thing

Is there a good time to do such a thing?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:17   #14
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

lucky escape, fate, karma, at least your ok.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:21   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I ****ing hate selfish people who crash there cars on motorways at busy times, holding up people for hours.

(Yes I now expect to crash and die hideously as I drive back up the M1 in a few hours )
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:22   #16
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

Well done, with me it was a swift hit on a dumbass who took the wrong time to overtake and over my handlebars...... Damn car drivers! (Its a motorbike before you ask)

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:49   #17
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Structural Integrity again.

Way to go buddy!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:53   #18
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
We seem to have a little 3-way love in, in this thread so far.

Got annoymously neg repped for that with no explaination, statements of fact deserve derision? At least have the courage to sign it and give a reason mystery person in the shadows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew
(Yes I now expect to crash and die hideously as I drive back up the M1 in a few hours )
Touch wood, cover your car in holy water, take a rabbits foot...actually take the whole rabbit just to be safe...cross your fingers and hang a four leaf clover from your rear view mirror just to be sure you won't now crash.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 12:57   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
lucky escape, fate, karma, at least your ok.
Yeah, that worries me too. My karma-o-meter probably hit rock bottom after this morning.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:15   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I got pretty lucky too.
I thought I'd finished all the bread in my fridge, but when I checked I actually had 2 slices, which was great. So I was able to have breakfast before coming into school.

It's like GD has been hit by luck today!!!!
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 13:16   #21
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Nah, cos you were nice to the old guy so that would restore it innit.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:31   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Touch wood, cover your car in holy water, take a rabbits foot...actually take the whole rabbit just to be safe...cross your fingers and hang a four leaf clover from your rear view mirror just to be sure you won't now crash.
It's ok, I made it without being killed, which is a bonus, although I didn have to parallel park on slippy snow which I didn't appreciate too much. Anyway, you can stop worrying
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 20:43   #23
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I ****ing hate selfish people who crash there cars on motorways at busy times, holding up people for hours.
I didnt hold anyone up as i was in the outside lane and they had just made a new lane, which was coned off. So i just rolled onto that and waited. I was probably blocking traffic for a whole 1min.
Madina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 00:04   #24
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
This reinforces my view that driving licenses should require some sort of requalification after say 10 or 20 years, as it's utterly rediculous to assume that because someone passed a test when they were 17 makes them qulified to drive 60 years later when they're 77.
I have just recently passed my driving test, and i agree with you completly

Quote:
I didnt hold anyone up as i was in the outside lane and they had just made a new lane, which was coned off. So i just rolled onto that and waited. I was probably blocking traffic for a whole 1min.
The effect of the traffic behind having to slow down to avoid you would dominoe all the way back down the motorway, until such a point where people are forced to stop. So you probably did cause a slight tailback a few miles behind you . The AA or the RAC did some research into it and found that just one car braking can cause a traffic jam 10 miles long. I think it's called The Red Light Effect (because that's all you see from behind, a giant mexican wave of brake lights)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 10:08   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
It's ok, I made it without being killed, which is a bonus, although I didn have to parallel park on slippy snow which I didn't appreciate too much. Anyway, you can stop worrying

/me rests easy

Actually I was expecting something nasty to happen just cause the Universe has PMS recently or something. It's been getting awful narky recently. I suggested a hot water bottle and some chocolates but I got a full grown adult cow dropped on my car. Best just to leave it the hell alone methinks.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 17:36   #26
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

there should be more people like you in the world.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:07   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Well done, with me it was a swift hit on a dumbass who took the wrong time to overtake and over my handlebars...... Damn car drivers! (Its a motorbike before you ask)
Damned motorbike riders, I've never met one that didn't either speed, or cheekily weave between traffic to be first off the line at the traffic lights etc. If it weren't illegal, I'd purposely run them over.