User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:26   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
computer systems again :)

looking for a good system weighing in at under £300 for a mate, doesnt need a monitor, anyone know of any good ones at the moment?
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:31   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: computer systems again :)

use the right forum you mong :P

oh i cba.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:48   #3
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point

what specs are you looking for? got any parts you can use at the moment? what do you need it to do?
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:55   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

NB: its not specifically a tech question, its a shopping question (sort of) so i though here was best

melandron, all he wants it to be able to do is play BF:vietnam and the only thing we already have is the monitor
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 13:58   #5
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point

Scan are usually cheap:
http://systems.scan.co.uk/Systems/
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 14:01   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

scan shops make me sad. their products are cheap though.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 14:47   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

See that school near you? it's got what you need... Spend the 300 on a nice second hand ford for a getaway vehicle.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 16:17   #8
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You'll be needing 1GB of RAM to play BF:Vietnam properly. True story.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 17:51   #9
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure Mark would build one easily for that price, but hes in the wrong place now. Ask him though. There again, you will probably see him before you read this.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2004, 19:19   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
I'm sure Mark would build one easily for that price, but hes in the wrong place now.
Im sure thats still illegal in about 23 states of the USA.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 01:58   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

£300 including a Graphics Card I assume?
I am up for a challenge, here is the "sort of thing you are looking for"

350 Watt BRANDED PSU + case (dont skimp on the PSU)
512 MB DDR Ram
120 GB HDD
Semptron 2800+
Bog Standard Socket A Nforce2 Motherboard (I reccomend the NF7-S)
Geforce 5200 - 128MB (anything more is a waste), Or a 9600 SE or Pro if you can find a cheap one

Priced that up at ebuyer and got you:

XFX Geforce Fx5200 AGP8x 128MB DDR DVI TV-Out (housemate has this, got a good 3DMark score with it)
Maxtor 6Y120M0 120GB Serial ATA 8mb Cache 7200rpm - OEM - SATA drives are nice
AMD Sempron 2800 Processor 256Cache 333FSB Retail box with 3 year warranty - Retail box needed for fan
Corsair 512MB, DDR333 / PC2700, non-ECC, Unbuffered, CL2.5 - Good timings an "in sync with system"
Antec Solution Slk1600 - System Cabinet - Mini Tower - Atx - Beige - Power Supply 300 Watt - Has 300 Watt, but it is good quality and should run this fine
Abit NF7-S2G SKT A Nforce2 Ultra 400FSB Gigabit LAN SATA RAID 6ch Sound USB 2.0 Retail Box - The daddy

For £310 shipped, you could skimp a little on the case and get a cheaper one, but I would reccomend getting it becuase you need a quality PSU, if your PSU blows so does your motherboard and usually one or more other components
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 12:06   #12
slick
Last Of The Soul Reaver

slick is on a distinguished road

heres another 4 u.

£300 gets you

3000mhz AMD Athalon Processor (including overclock)
512 DDR RAM
100 GB H/D
Radeon 9800 graphics card
Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1
5 set flat speakers (including subwoofer)
Windows ME (althoughi prefer 98se)
DVD R/W drive
CD R/W drive
31/2 floppy
and a nice black case

cant say fairer than that

You're just jealous coz the voices are talking to me!

Rimmer: Step Up To Red Alet!
Kryten: Are You Sure Sir, It Does Mean Changing The Bulb!

Death to the deamoness Allegra Gellar!
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 03:45   #13
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
heres another 4 u.

£300 gets you

3000mhz AMD Athalon Processor (including overclock)
512 DDR RAM
100 GB H/D
Radeon 9800 graphics card
Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1
5 set flat speakers (including subwoofer)
Windows ME (althoughi prefer 98se)
DVD R/W drive
CD R/W drive
31/2 floppy
and a nice black case

cant say fairer than that
urr wimME avoid like it was dace and ur a little girl

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2004, 10:47   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

*ahem* we wouldnt need a OS as he already has one from his last system, which has gone tits up.
was that one from ebuyer as well slick,
and cheers all, especially SB for that one
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 00:25   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

SB, slick can you please post the links to those as i cant find them on the site
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 02:34   #16
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
SB, slick can you please post the links to those as i cant find them on the site
Sure man

Graphics Card
Hard Drive
Processor
RAM
Case
Motherboard
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 02:40   #17
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

I just remembered, you might need a DVD/CD-RW Drive

Get one of the NEC 5xxx models, they are great. but that takes you a little over budget, in which case you can cut back on the processor and the RAM (possibly getting 256 for the moment, but remember the stuff I have selected is quality parts)

The other thing to consider, even though I accounted for upgradability (The NF7-S is a very new motherboard, one of the last of the NForce2 ones) You will not be able to upgrade it "too much"

A budget of £500 would get you a AMD 64 Newcastle chip setting you in the intended Next Generation budget section (I have heard) as well as perhaps getting a nicer looking case and a better graphics card (although the 5200 is DirectX 9b compatable it is not the GREATEST of cards, except it runs Doom 3 very well as I have noted with my housemates computer, but do not get anything with 256MB of video RAM, pointless)
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 14:46   #18
roadrunner_0
cynic

cheers sb, your a star, i will make that very suggestion to my friend that i am doing this for