User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 May 2005, 02:44   #1
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
[football]Hurray for Silly Season

With Simon Davies signed for Everton, Sunderland buying Darren Bent from Ipswich, things are on the go.

Arsenal are said to actually going to be spending more than a dime this year, and seems to be interested in Dirk Kuyt and Salomon Kalou (both playing in the Eresdivisie) and half the goalies in Europe.

Anyone know anything about these two players?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 02:45   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [football]Hurray for Silly Season

No, but did i hear shevchenko linked with arsenal?
Unread 27 May 2005, 02:51   #3
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Never gonna happen, Wenger doesnt spend that money on one player. The most costly buy Wenger has done was Wiltord from Lyon, costed about 14million pounds. Sheva would cost twice that ammount, atleast. However, I dout that Milan will ever sell him.

Arsenal needs one player in every position, one goalie, one defender, one midfielder and an attacker.
Im hoping for Hildebrand from Stuttgart.
Out: Edu (on bosman), Cygan?, Aliadiere to PSG?, Almundia?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 27 May 2005, 03:34   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Liverpools biggest signing this year will be Steven Gerrard, hopefully.

With that villareal keeper coming in, hopefully he'll be consistent. That imho would be him / finnan / josemi / carragher / hyypia / gerrard / alonso / riise / garcia as a reliable entertaining and very strong side.

Obviously it lacks two forwards. Cisse has still done nothing for me, baros is probably out the door. But if liverpool can get two decent forwards, and some all round cover, i cant see why they cant challenge for 2nd in the premiership next year (i cant see anyone but chelsea winning it)

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 07:40   #5
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chelsea to sign many more mediocre and horribly over-rated players but win the title anyways due to the fact that no other premiership team has enough players to field a real team. I'd like to see liverpool sign bellamy (if celtic don't get him) he could add some class to their counter-attack as opposed to that terrible front-line of cisse and baros (I can only offer my humble apologies for stating that cisse was good at the start of the year, we all make some really, really, really, really bad mistakes). As well as that they need someone who adds width to the team. Width, pace, a solid defence (oh yeah please for the love of god and all that is holy buy someone better than djimi traore) and stevie G is a winning recipe good enough for a title challenge. Chelsea need a striker in the shevchenko class. However at the minute nearly all of them already play for top class clubs unlikely to let their best players go so unless they spend ~40 million I'm unsure how they're going to get anyone. I would say they need to tell mourinho to stop paying miles over the odds but who really cares?

Arsenal need a link player between the midfield and attack (bergkamp is too old, reyes too transferred and pires too unreliable) and a right back who has a vague clue what is involved in defending. United need half a team, goalie, central defender (I'd like to see balde go to utd if he leaves celtic), defensive midfielder (not many great ones available at the minute) and someone to replace giggs if he leaves. Everton need to be back down in the relegation zone where they belong. Wigan need to figure out that you could give paul jewell a hundred million and they'd still be battling against relegation next year. Newcastle need to fire souness and appoint a real manager (they're my long shot for relegation next year). Most other teams are in for some mid-table randomness or the obvious relegation dogfight regardless of who they sign.

Mourinho just valued terry at 50 million. Is there any way we can have this man shot for idiocy?
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:15   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Hands off Kalou and Kuyt!
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:26   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov

Anyone know anything about these two players?

As they're both strikers of the club I support (feyenoord) I could say that Kalou is probably the most talentful of the two, actually I believe he can become at least as good and productive as the likes of Henry, Adriano etc. He's still very young though. Kuyt keeps amazing everyone, he isn't known for being an incredible talentful player but he always works his ass off which resulted in being the most impressive player of the Feyenoord side this season. Also got called up for the Dutch side 6 times wher he was pretty impressive. I think his style of playing and his work drive makes him a perfect player for the premiership. Don't know if he'll be good enough to be a regular at th likes of Arsenal and United but his entire carriere he has been proving people wrong.

Both are very accurate in front of the goal, actually, thanks to them both Feyenoord didn't end up in the middle area of the Dutch league for this season.
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:29   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

kuyt and kalou are probably the most promising players of our league, won't be sold unless clubs offer "robben-like" amounts of money.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:32   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
kuyt and kalou are probably the most promising players of our league, won't be sold unless clubs offer "robben-like" amounts of money.

It's been said that any club that offers 15 mil euro for Kalou can have him. Feyenoord really needs an entire new technical staff and board
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:35   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
It's been said that any club that offers 15 mil euro for Kalou can have him. Feyenoord really needs an entire new technical staff and board
getting rid of gullit was a good start.

btw i heard newcastle made an offer of 11m for majstorovic.
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:37   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

That doesn't sound too bad, does it?
Unread 27 May 2005, 08:41   #12
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
That doesn't sound too bad, does it?
i'd prefer Twente now keeping the team together for a change and end somewhere in top5 next season tbh.
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:22   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Sunderland buying Darren Bent from Ipswich
We've made one transfer this off-season so far and that's a young forward from some Irish club. We've had bids turned down by Leeds for Richardson. That's about as far as it goes, so far. Not to say that we won't put a bid in later, but it's not even a "deal" yet, let alone a done one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Obviously it lacks two forwards. Cisse has still done nothing for me, baros is probably out the door. But if liverpool can get two decent forwards
Fernando Morientes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I would say they need to tell mourinho to stop paying miles over the odds but who really cares?
They can tell Mourinho that all he likes, but he doesn't have anything to do with the transfer fees, you know? He just says "Get me x!" and Kenyon goes out and sees how much the other club will accept.

Quote:
reyes too transferred
I honestly think Reyes is staying on another year.

Quote:
United need half a team, goalie, central defender (I'd like to see balde go to utd if he leaves celtic), defensive midfielder (not many great ones available at the minute) and someone to replace giggs if he leaves.
Why do they need a central defender? They're actually good in that area of the field, which is more than can be said for any other position.

Quote:
Wigan need to figure out that you could give paul jewell a hundred million and they'd still be battling against relegation next year.
Wigan need to figure out that announcing you've got an enormous amount of money to spend is not a good way to get the best value for money.

Quote:
Mourinho just valued terry at 50 million. Is there any way we can have this man shot for idiocy?
What's idiotic about it? I seem to remember Woodgate being valued at £50m fairly recently, and methinks Terry is a better player (or, indeed, a player). Rooney was rated at £50m as well. "£50m" is generally regarded to mean "inspecifically large amount to represent that this player is unlikely to be transferred".

Also, Mourinho is "an idiot"? Since when?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:45   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The most costly buy Wenger has done was Wiltord from Lyon, costed about 14million pounds
Wasn't Reyes rather pricey? How much could his fee rise to?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 09:48   #15
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Why do they need a central defender? They're actually good in that area of the field, which is more than can be said for any other position.
and moreover, in what concieveable way would BOBO BALDE improve matters?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 10:20   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I heard Valencia was currently talking to Kalou and Feyenoord.
Unread 27 May 2005, 10:32   #17
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yup and I also heard about offers of about 8/10 mil
Unread 27 May 2005, 10:32   #18
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Never gonna happen, Wenger doesnt spend that money on one player. The most costly buy Wenger has done was Wiltord from Lyon, costed about 14million pounds.
What about Reyes? Wasn't he like £20 million?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:22   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

If Reyes gos to Real, and I'm pretty sure that hes staying. I would expect us to pick up Micheal Owen or perhaps David Beckham in part of a swap. Or perhaps even both if we offer significant amounts of cash.
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:32   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
If Reyes gos to Real, and I'm pretty sure that hes staying. I would expect us to pick up Micheal Owen or perhaps David Beckham in part of a swap. Or perhaps even both if we offer significant amounts of cash.
lolly roffle

(Of course if this happens, I shall eat my hat*)

*I don't have a hat.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:39   #21
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forest haven't announced any transfer targets yet...

But if anyone wants any of the 13 players we've released plus 5 on the transfer list they're welcome to them.

David Johnson and Marlon King might be useful to an average championship team...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 11:53   #22
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

An interesting* one is Defoe to Chelski for 2 out of Parker/Kezman/Bridge/Gallas/etc plus cash to top the value up to £25 million.

*crap
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:03   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

At Portsmouth we don't sign players
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:10   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

players sign you?
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:20   #25
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
players sign you?
http://img18.paintedover.com/uploads/18/pompey.gif
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2005, 12:26   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i laughed
Unread 27 May 2005, 13:39   #27
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jonny, Bobo Balde?

You dont watch celtic a lot do you? He's ****ing awful nowadays. I'd like him to leave celtic, post haste. He manages to play extraordinarily well in extraordinary games

But put him up against Kilmarnock or Motherwell, and "whatthe****".

Also, morientes is rubbish. Theres not a player yet imo who's come from Real Madrid and played well in the premiership. (Campo is the closest, and hes not good.)

Unread 27 May 2005, 13:41   #28
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Also, morientes is rubbish. Theres not a player yet imo who's come from Real Madrid and played well in the premiership. (Campo is the closest, and hes not good.)
Bolton fans rave about Hierro.
Unread 27 May 2005, 13:58   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Also, morientes is rubbish. Theres not a player yet imo who's come from Real Madrid and played well in the premiership.
I don't think it's particularly fair to judge a player after a half season, when it's notoriously difficult to adapt quickly to the english game. It/'s also notoriously difficult to play well after not having a proper preseason - or season for that matter, given how he was marginalised at Madrid.

In any case, he's show that he's world class in Europe, so Liverpool have some use for him at least.
Unread 27 May 2005, 14:09   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Bolton fans rave about Hierro.
Bolton sent a fax around a shitload of clubs in England and Scotland offering them Hierro. I remember the "Cowdenbeath turn down chance to sign Hierro" headline last year. Being as that was the case, i can only presume they rave about having a player of his prestige and reputation.

We'll see about Morientes (and i suppose Cisse) next year, but neither have done anything to suggest that they can improve liverpool's lot.

Unread 27 May 2005, 14:42   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
We'll see about Morientes (and i suppose Cisse) next year, but neither have done anything to suggest that they can improve liverpool's lot.
If we're going to be like that, then nobody except Gerrard, Carra et al can improve Liverpool's lot because they're the only ones who have actually played well for Liverpool
Unread 27 May 2005, 14:58   #32
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
What about Reyes? Wasn't he like £20 million?
10 up front, a posible 7 according to performce. As Arsenal did take just one trophy this year (we gunners are getting awefully spoil heh), I dont think its likely its going to end up beeing much more than the 14 the club paid for Wiltord.
Unread 27 May 2005, 15:24   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
Robben like money was 12million pounds. It'ss said that Wenger got 3x that ammount to spend.
I agree with JBG, we need someone to replace Bergkamp (seriously, he could be Cesc's father...).
We also need a right back, as Lauren is the weak link. Lauren has never been my fav either.
For the time beeing, it looks like its only Edu of the big names who will be living the club after the season.

The new Arsenal should consist off:

Hildebrand/Frey/Isakson? - Lehman

Toure/Lauren - Senderos/new backup? - Campell - Cole

Ljungberg/SWP? - P. Viera - G.Silva - Pires/Bentley

Reyes/Gilardino? - Henry

Now Bentley is coming home after his spell with Norwich. That will give Pires some much need ed competition. But whatever happens, a player that could play both up front and down the flanks would be greatly needed, or a new striker. That new striker would then make Reyes 2nd choice up front. That new striker would hopefully be rather classy, like Gilardino from Parma.. oh well, Silly Season is the place for dreams

Chelskji needs a striker that can put 20 goals a year. If they sell Gallas, they might need another defender, in addition to Del Hornio.
Liverpool can sell Baros, Kewell and Diouf. However they clearly need some new players to compete at the top.
Unread 27 May 2005, 15:38   #34
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

As i said before, its just a consistent keeper, and a couple of good strikers liverpool need for the first team, then backup can be concentrated on.

Theres a lot of dead wood - Kewell has been nothing short of a joke, Hamann and Smicer had their swansong on wednesday - Biscan's been good since january but you need to improve on someone like him if you want to challenge for the title - nunez is rubbish, baros just cant seem to do it for liverpool regularly enough so if he wants away, let him go. Diouf might as well already be gone, Pellegrino is the WORST defender in the premiership. If dudek is replaced, then one of him and kirkland will go. Traore Morientes Sinama Pongolle and Cisse probably have at least another year to prove anything.

Unread 27 May 2005, 15:41   #35
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Roy Carroll is on a free. A number of names have been linked with him, including Arsenal. But why they would want another keeper who is so inconsistent is beyond me.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:09   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Jonny, Bobo Balde?

You dont watch celtic a lot do you? He's ****ing awful nowadays. I'd like him to leave celtic, post haste. He manages to play extraordinarily well in extraordinary games

But put him up against Kilmarnock or Motherwell, and "whatthe****".
I pretty much only watch the extraordinary games yeah. I think utd need a central defender because silvestre is a very dodgy player prone to mistakes who dislikes playing top-class strikers. I'm not even going to mention wes brown in case I die laughing. It's not like every area of the their team needs improving mark, neville, heinze, ferdinand, scholes, ronaldo, rooney, van nistelrooy are good players. As I said goalie, central defender, defensive midfielder and someone to replace giggs if he goes.

Whoever valued woodgate at 50 million is objectively wrong. Since his 12 (?) million pound transfer to madrid he hasn't played a game. How the hell could his value have quadrupled in that time? Did he become god and nobody told me? Terry won't be sold because chelsea don't need to sell players. His value is about 20-25 million (best defender in the premiership), what you'd have to pay to get him away from chelsea is a different matter. Much like drogba, ferreira, carvalho and tiago are not valued at 50 million plus but that's how much chelsea paid for them. I think mourinho's an idiot because he says a truckload of stupid things nobody even thinks he believes.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:15   #37
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm suprised Man Utd haven't tried to prise Shay Given away from Newcastle yet.
A young quality consistent goalkeeper like him would be ideal for them or Arsenal.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:17   #38
All Systems Go

Quote:
As I said goalie, central defender, defensive midfielder and someone to replace giggs if he goes.
Who can replace Roy Keane? When is he going to Celtic?

Quote:
I think mourinho's an idiot because he says a truckload of stupid things nobody even thinks he believes.
Such as?
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:19   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Who can replace Roy Keane? When is he going to Celtic?

Such as?

Van Bommel could but United didn't even think of him, now he's going to Barca for transfer free.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:19   #40
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I'm suprised Man Utd haven't tried to prise Shay Given away from Newcastle yet.
A young quality consistent goalkeeper like him would be ideal for them or Arsenal.
I laugh at Newcastle when I read stories like this.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:21   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Such as?
There's been a few. The barcelona thing annoyed me for one. Do you have a link to a site with everything mourinho has said over the past year? The bbc website barely goes back 3 weeks

As for roy keane I don't think he'll be going just yet (probably after next season). The only players who can replace him are vieira and gattuso, neither of whom are likely to leave their respective clubs. Ferguson will have to make a wenger-like signing in that area I think.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:22   #42
Ste
Bored

Oh Rotherham are about to sign Robertson off us for free
he looks about 12 and isn't really that good...

Unread 27 May 2005, 16:25   #43
All Systems Go

Quote:
There's been a few. The barcelona thing annoyed me for one. Do you have a link to a site with everything mourinho has said over the past year? The bbc website barely goes back 3 weeks
to be fair the refree did actually say (eventually) that the Barcs manager did follow him at half time and try to go into his dressing room.

Quote:
As for roy keane I don't think he'll be going just yet (probably after next season). The only players who can replace him are vieira and gattuso, neither of whom are likely to leave their respective clubs. Ferguson will have to make a wenger-like signing in that area I think.
Or just make a surprise resignation, which I think he will have to do eventually, especially when you look at the fuss it cause when he almost left last time.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:25   #44
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Man Utd needs a new manager, JBG.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:33   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

That doesn't change much about the fact that mourinho was lying (he hadn't seen it himself). Or the fact that rijkard did not in fact talk with the referee in his dressing room.

Utd probably could do with a new manager, although I never really like to write off managers who've proven themselves so consistently.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:40   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Whoever valued woodgate at 50 million is objectively wrong. Since his 12 (?) million pound transfer to madrid he hasn't played a game. How the hell could his value have quadrupled in that time?
That was before Newcastle sold him. "Fairly recently" being about 14 months ago, sorry I didn't clarify that.

Quote:
I think mourinho's an idiot because he says a truckload of stupid things nobody even thinks he believes.
Does that matter? If he's saying something for a specific effect (many managers, such as Wenger and Ferguson, will say outrageous things to provoke a certain effect in the media, or in the squad) then you can't really judge it, and, given that he's managed to mould the team in a way that Ranieri couldn't, who's to say he failed? As an example, he stated recently that "the special one" quote was entirely designed to provoke the English media into responding to him in a certain way, and, assuming the truth in what he said recently, it worked very well.

Quote:
That doesn't change much about the fact that mourinho was lying (he hadn't seen it himself). Or the fact that rijkard did not in fact talk with the referee in his dressing room.
Wenger lies. Ferguson lies. Mick McCarthy lies. Everyone lies.

That's not to say it's a desirable state of affairs, but to single out one manager seems rather pointless.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:43   #47
lokken
BlueTuba

At the moment the media think the sun shines out of mourinho's arse.

So he says what he likes, it keeps them busy and he can get on with the job.

I think Mourinho is a fantastic coach, his only weakness is probably in purchasing players.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:48   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I think Mourinho is a fantastic coach, his only weakness is probably in purchasing players.
The problem with all of this, when we get into something so complicated, is that there is no control. Was Tiago a good purchase? Going by on the field performances, certainly not. But what if he was a big part of establishing the team spirit, or helping the squad to get Mourinho's system?

Jarosik, on the other hand, was just mind boggling.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:51   #49
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The problem with all of this, when we get into something so complicated, is that there is no control. Was Tiago a good purchase? Going by on the field performances, certainly not. But what if he was a big part of establishing the team spirit, or helping the squad to get Mourinho's system?

Jarosik, on the other hand, was just mind boggling.
Maybe the club were just helping out a Russian brother? Got to keep the love flowing.
Unread 27 May 2005, 16:54   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Maybe the club were just helping out a Russian brother? Got to keep the love flowing.
Whilst there are "links" between Chelsea and CSKA Moscow, it seems rather strange that taking a big player at one club and turning him into a no-name at another club is in anyones interests except the player's.