User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:50   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People at Uni

What's the situation with self-certification?

I know a person in rl* and it looks like she's not gonna make the 80% attendence she needs to be able to sit her exams.

"Can you do retrospective self-certs?"

I doubt it but i just thought i'd ask.

(i was gonna suggest that she had "women's troubles" a couple days each month and she didnt realise that her attendence was so bad and so was just being brave and not handing in a self cert at the time because she thought she would have good attendence but now she realises that she should have sent in the self-cert and *breaks down in tears* etc etc etc)

*true story
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:51   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: People at Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
"Can you do retrospective self-certs?"
what
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:53   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: People at Uni

yes, but she needs to go see a doctor very quickly and probably do the crying thing.

EDIT - although it's her own fault, are womens troubles really so bad that you can't do anything for 2 days?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:56   #4
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I've never bothered taking in any certificates when ill. As far as I am aware they won't stop me sitting any exams just if you appeal against any exam marks they will use your attendence to the lectures and tutorials as a base to decide if you deserve to be upped some marks.

If it does matter though I would imagine if there are any doctors records of her being ill they will suffice in being retrospectively used but other than that I would guess she is screwed.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:04   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For my university you don't get doctor's notes, as the doctors don't want to take responsibility for missing lectures.

You can fill in a form though, that allows you up to 5 days off. You effectively sign yourself out of university for that period of time, as long as you let them know.

I don't know how similar it'd be for her uni.

And reading your post again, I doubt you can do self-certs for the past.

Her best bet is to go to her tutor, hope he is male, and do the breaking-down and crying thing. They can be that bad though - I remember having to get up at 3am in the morning to find a shop that had painkillers for my ex, who was literally breaking down crying because of her period pains. She couldn't even stand up.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:08   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
what

Self-certification: if you are ill for 5 days or less you can tell the Uni you are ill without having to go to a doctor

Retrospective Self-certification: Sending in a self-cert for a time a while ago (normally ... well at Glasgow Uni anyways ... you get 2 weeks to send in a self cert) like a few months or something.

Understand now?
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:15   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
And reading your post again, I doubt you can do self-certs for the past.

Thats what i thought :(

Quote:
Her best bet is to go to her tutor, hope he is male, and do the breaking-down and crying thing. They can be that bad though - I remember having to get up at 3am in the morning to find a shop that had painkillers for my ex, who was literally breaking down crying because of her period pains. She couldn't even stand up.

That's also what i thought (thanks for giving me a bit of confidence in it tho).

BTW she didnt have "women's problems" i was just thinking that's the best excuse she can use (and if her career adviser / tutor person is a man then all the better)
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:17   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Understand now?
Not really.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:18   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

"Personal problems I dont want to talk about it" saves the day
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:28   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

what the ****?

what kind of childish schoolsystem do you people have

if you attend, you attend, if you don't, you don't.

pass the exams, all is fine

fail them, big bucks will be paid by you if you do that too much
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:29   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
what the ****?

what kind of childish schoolsystem do you people have

if you attend, you attend, if you don't, you don't.

pass the exams, all is fine

fail them, big bucks will be paid by you if you do that too much
This is my thinking entirely.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:32   #12
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

She could probably blag it as long as it wasn't too long ago. Go to the doctors and cry etc and see what happens.

I know someone who failed the year pretty much with around 40%, despite needing an average of over 50% to continue on the MPhys course she managed to cry a lot and got away with it.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:34   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

She might have to pull the "family problems" card. The tutor won't enquire too deeply about this. I've used it a couple of times in the past (and felt very guilty, like I'm jinxing my family's good health).

If the girl knows the exact dates she missed, it works even better in her favour as she can then say when she was away, and the tutor will match this up with her records.

Honestly, most of the time the threats are just threats. I had about 10 letters home in my 3 years at university saying I had to attend more lectures, and I still came out with a degree (albeit a shit one, but that was my fault for not doing the work).
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:37   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
(and felt very guilty, like I'm jinxing my family's good health).
You could say your dad was Michael Howard in the hope that you jinxed his health.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 23:42   #15
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Universities don't follow standard-systems for things like this, so it'll all depend on the university and the particular staff members involved.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 08:47   #16
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Why has she missed so much?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 08:59   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

people go to lectures?

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 09:45   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ed removed the idea of the Duly Performed (effectively a set of minimum requirements of tutorial attendance, coursework marks etc) and the place sucks for it. ****ing freshers don't even attend the damn uni any more, fail and just resit. And they're not even hot.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 09:55   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

unlucky pabs
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 11:02   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'll acquire one, one day.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 12:42   #21
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
people go to lectures?
I've missed less than 10 lectures this year, with 8 lectures a week including 4x 9ams

But with law you don't have a choice really, its impossible to properly learn it out of textbooks.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 12:51   #22
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
But with law you don't have a choice really, its impossible to properly learn it out of textbooks.
hahahahaha law is the easiest course to learn solely out of textbooks. I can point to 119 others as walking proof. It's just more expensive
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 12:55   #23
zakoff
Evul Critter

zakoff is on a distinguished road

the other one to use is the Depression/Stress card. Its the easiest one to explain etc.

just cry to the lecturer and say that life is tough and you've been having trouble with it and you saw a therapist etc yada yada and were too embarrassed to tell anyone.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 12:57   #24
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

We pay £7k a year so that noone gives a **** when we don't turn up to lectures.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 13:04   #25
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog
hahahahaha law is the easiest course to learn solely out of textbooks. I can point to 119 others as walking proof. It's just more expensive
As a law student myself, I disagree. Textbooks are too concise (imagine if they weren't) for learning things properly, whereas lecturers will often go over the confusing points repeatedly to make sure that you remember it (personally I kept forgetting what Caparo said).

You sure you don't mean a-level law?
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 13:14   #26
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my lecturer quite comically told us about last years students who about 50 of em there grandparents died, i felt sorry for him because he said it puts him in between a rock and ahard place, as the person can always be telling the truth, the it would be horrible if they found out.

My exscuses for abscence

-My sister had a baby
-My sister had a baby in New York, hence I flew there
-Insomnia
-I got arrested and released without charge (those who are stopped and searched or detained will know that you are given documentation to backup this)
-I got stop and searched, I have enough yellow slips to back up my case
-Im ill (my step mum is a doctor)
-Said with a brummie accent (strong at that) to a proper english southern, secretary "My train was delayed for 5 hours between London and Birmingham, it then returned to Birmingham and I caught the next one the day later" I dont think the exscuse carries through, they are just scared of the brummie accent.

Personally i dont like usuing family berevement, if I actually put as much work into my exscuses as my actual work, id be on a first *sigh*
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 13:20   #27
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
As a law student myself, I disagree. Textbooks are too concise (imagine if they weren't) for learning things properly, whereas lecturers will often go over the confusing points repeatedly to make sure that you remember it (personally I kept forgetting what Caparo said).

You sure you don't mean a-level law?
No I've finished a three year degree.

I didn't stray beyond a textbook until I found I was interested in jurisprudence and wanted to learn more. Warwick allows you to sleepwalk to a 2:1 and I didn't care enough to argue.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 13:29   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I know a person in rl* and it looks like she's not gonna make the 80% attendence she needs to be able to sit her exams.
what a stupid rule. If you know the stuff, why do you have to show up to lectures when you could be learning something you don't know.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote