User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:05   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
[football] The lack of video referees...

....makes me sad
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:06   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [football] The lack of video referees...

Dear christ, that is the worst decision I think I've ever seen.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:08   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...roll_gaffe.jpg

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:42   #4
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

now avatar sized if you want to keep the anger alive
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:44   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I didnt see the game but heard about it soon after from a mate. I didnt believe him when he said the ball was a yard over the line :eek:.
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:47   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'that's football'

we've just been robbed at everton partly out of a ref error, but we just have to live with them - the saying that they even themselves out over the course of a season certainly applies.

I think once we start with video evidence we start on a slippery slope where games are interrupted for video ajudication where even on the video you can't get a decent opinion on it.

Last edited by lokken; 4 Jan 2005 at 23:54.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:54   #7
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tottenham were quite lucky not to be behind by then anyway.
But wow. That was so obvious.
Linesman was miles away though - too hard for him to call.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2005, 23:55   #8
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

football should take over the system fieldhockey has: 2 referees instead of 1 referee and 2 linesmen.
(first we need to get rid of the offside-rule ofc, to make this work).
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:05   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
2 linesmen.
(first we need to get rid of the offside-rule ofc, to make this work).
We already have 2, so i assume you mean one on both sides in both halves, so 4.

I remember 'discussing' removing the offside rule a while back, lets not go there again.

I'ld agree with Lokken, football needs to be a fast flowing game without interruptions which are natural in Rugby and Cricket. I think some guy somewhere has invented a ball with sensors in so you can tell when its over the line, which i think would be a good thing, but anything more would get silly. Do you stop everytime someone wants a penalty? Corner? Yellow/red card?
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:18   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Personally I think the FA should be quick to punish refs who make obviously incompetent decisions on a regular basis by sending them away for further training and going back to the fizzy pop to show they are up to the job of refereeing the prem where lots of cash is potentially at stake. The problem the FA has, of course, is that it has to back referee's decisions so their authority isn't undermined - but if they are obviously imcompetent, it's obvious there are a few issues that need ironing out, and that referees need help with his officiating.

The only reason Collina was good was because he worked hard on his officiating to get things right, and we should do that with all our referees.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:22   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hang on a minute, we don't want your reject referees.
Why should we get them? Just 'cos there's less money at stake? Well a mistake in our league could lead to the lack of promotion and consequently a loss of millions of pounds.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:23   #12
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

heh, i stormed out the pub after seeing it go over the line and it took 15 mins for someone to convince me that it hadn't been awarded.

Then i laughed.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:23   #13
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Video evidence would be dreadful, five minute delays every two minutes breaking up the flow of games like in rugby league and even then they may get it wrong, as Lokken said that's the way it goes, bad decisions are part of the game, over the season they level themselves out.

Wonder is Alex still in total support of video referees ?

Also Stew is it you who supports Forest ? You were truely dreadful yesterday I thought we were in for a tough game but you seem to have lost that fighting spirit you had earlier in the year
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:26   #14
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

I watched it in the pub. It was terrible. I hope the ref and his assistants are fired.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:29   #15
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Also Stew is it you who supports Forest ? You were truely dreadful yesterday I thought we were in for a tough game but you seem to have lost that fighting spirit you had earlier in the year
It's me.
And yes. I know
To be fair - that's meant to be our worse performance in about 30 years.
Even worse than when we lost to Man U 8-1

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:29   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
**** off!
That's the biggest insult ever

Heh, no that's Ste, I'm a rams fan - good result for us yesterday, no, great result, shame you had to **** us over by beating us
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:33   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sorry, easy to mix you two up I think you're the worst team to come here this year on the strength of that performance, you really need to pull your fingers out as it’d be a shame to see you drop, you have quite a few useful players to. Still amazing support off your lot, close to 1000 despite losing 7 games in a row, a lot of clubs could only dream of that, noisy as well unlike most teams who come down to ours.

[Edit: Yea very good result for Derby last night, God knows how we held on against you, our defence was pretty solid for once when we were under seige for most of the second half, would have been quite a goal if that guy had scored when he pinged the post from 30 yards , good luck both of you for the rest of the season ]
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:46   #18
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Sorry, easy to mix you two up I think you're the worst team to come here this year on the strength of that performance, you really need to pull your fingers out as it’d be a shame to see you drop, you have quite a few useful players to. Still amazing support off your lot, close to 1000 despite losing 7 games in a row, a lot of clubs could only dream of that, noisy as well unlike most teams who come down to ours.
Yup, the support is strong as ever.
No idea what the hell the players are up to. People blame the acting manager but the team picked wasn't that bad, they've been playing shite all season.
We should have a new manager by the end of the week. A couple of new players before the next league game and the loss of our two best players before the end of the transfer window
It's not fun being a forest fan this season

Unread 5 Jan 2005, 00:51   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Video evidence would be dreadful, five minute delays every two minutes breaking up the flow of games like in rugby league
You're overreacting a bit. Noone's saying they have to use video evidence for every decision; if they only used it for goals and penalty box stuff, it wouldn't slow the game down at all. The minute or two delay required for it is about as much time is wasted by arguing the big decisions anyway.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 01:41   #20
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're overreacting a bit. Noone's saying they have to use video evidence for every decision; if they only used it for goals and penalty box stuff, it wouldn't slow the game down at all. The minute or two delay required for it is about as much time is wasted by arguing the big decisions anyway.
dude

video evidence will create a new way for sunderland to be relegated, i can see it now, first team to be relegated on a video decision...

sulk

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 01:41   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The point is that if you open it up for one thing, you will then get managers whining for it to be extended to other areas, eventually the FA will give in, and the game will be ruined by managers like Souness, Bruce and Allardyce who whine about refs on a regular basis.
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 01:44   #22
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
the game will be ruined by managers like Souness

heh heh heh

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2005, 09:35   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you can sum it up in one sentence really:

terrible decision, wasn't the first, won't be the last, and it could have been any two teams really :/
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 00:37   #24
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/5952/post-1-1104886332.gif

Someone mentioned sensors in a ball.

Surely that'd completely change the weight of the ball etc.

Also clearly they'd break as soon as someone absolutely lamped the ball i.e. Gerrard.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 11:18   #25
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakozoid
http://img21.exs.cx/img21/5952/post-1-1104886332.gif

Also clearly they'd break as soon as someone absolutely lamped the ball i.e. Gerrard.
I read about it on the BBC website (i think) a couple of months ago. I believe it was a German guy that had invented it and he was planning on getting it tested in some real matches.
Unread 6 Jan 2005, 11:54   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Yes, a couple of grams definitely changes my football experience.

Quote:
There would have been better symmetry in your post if you had sad 'eg. lampard'. However, something tells me they've thought of this, as, you know, footballs are designed to be kicked.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote