User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 20 May 2007, 09:18   #1
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
It's no longer just Father

The Germans have done it.

It's no longer just Father, but "Father, Mother, in heaven". The Germans have spent a couple of hundred thousand euros in an attempt to generate a Bible that ethically corresponds to today's values. There's supposed to be no sexual discrimination (although I'd like to know if there's a part refering to Gay Pride -parades there - probably not), and all is supposed to be candy candy equal equal. I think this means that the Deuteronomy parts where people are being stoned to death have been removed. So the bottom line about man being the head of the family has now been succesfully rooted out from the Bible too, and I guess the next step towards a matriarchal society order is where the Swiss (?) will make a version of the Bible where the woman is the head of the family. Oh, that was an useless rant.

It's amusing how the Christianity as a religious institution is so amorphous. I guess if we were living the 15th century, the inquisition would soon come knocing the German doords regarding this very strange bit of the Bible they've managed to generate. I mean, what's the point in a set of holy texts (supposingly the ultimate truth about everything) when you go alter them more and more (yeah, I'm aware it's been done before, or at least argued so, but this really breaks the barrier)? I can't come up with many other widespread religions that'd have as their sole purpose of today to please the public, and mutilate their beliefs and dogma so that it suits the current popular ethical swing of the community. But I guess that's what Christianity does what's necessary to continue excist - pisses on their beliefs.

Even as an atheist, I feel like saying dear God, but I'm not sure if I'm nowadays supposed to say dear God/Goddess.

I seem to have a lot on my mind today. Or then I've just become a news trolley.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote