User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2008, 21:20   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Piyush Jindal

Piyush "Bobby" Jidal is the Governor of Louisiana.

He has shown what a difference a governor can make in times of disaster.

While Gustav wan't as fierce a storm as Katrina and it didn't hit New Orleans directly, no one knew what it would be like before it happened.

Jindal managed to ask for federal assistance well ahead of time and managed to coordinate the evacuation of New Orleans in a systematic fashion. He has handled the situation ever so much more competently than Blanco did. He even got Nagin (the Mayor of New Orleans) off of his sorry ass and in motion.

In a few years I expect that Jindal may well be the first person of Indian heritage to run for President of the United States. He is a person to watch.
Unread 2 Sep 2008, 21:23   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Piyush Jindal

to anyone else the guy looks like an attention seeking cock who made a huge fuss in order to pretend that he cared about the debacle that was katrina.

By the way, hurricane katrina was when I actually felt really pity for your people. It made me physically ill.

Trying to make political capital out of it, and forcing an unnecessary evacuation seem pretty sick
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 07:48   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Piyush Jindal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe View Post
Trying to make political capital out of it, and forcing an unnecessary evacuation seem pretty sick
It was unnecessary only in hindsight. Hurricanes, especially in the Gulf, are just too unpredictable. If you hold off on the evacuation until you're certain it's necessary then you've almost certainly waited too long. That was a big part of the problem with Katrina: Then-Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin delayed ordering a mandatory evacuation in New Orleans until just 19 hours before landfall. Due to the failure to order timely mandatory evacuations, Mayor Nagin had little choice but to try to shelter (rather than evacuate) the remaining population.

I have some doubts about Jindal due to his apparent support for teaching Intelligent Design in public schools, but he gets full marks from me on disaster preparedness.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 13:05   #4
horn

horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.horn has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

man evacuates people because storm is coming. tipped for president.
horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 16:18   #5
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He has also made inroads into the indemic culture of corruption in Louisiana, easily the most corrupt state in the United States.

Tacitus is correct on the hurricane issue and (dare I say it?) Yahwe is incorrect. But we love him nonetheless.
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 19:54   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Given that Hurricane Gustav was a strong Category 4 hurricane while over Cuba, and that the National Hurricane Center predicted with 81% probability that Gustav would remain at Category 3 or above on September 1, I think that it was completely justified to evacuate New Orleans.

But is Louisiana really more corrupt than Alaska?
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 20:09   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus View Post
It was unnecessary only in hindsight. Hurricanes, especially in the Gulf, are just too unpredictable. If you hold off on the evacuation until you're certain it's necessary then you've almost certainly waited too long. That was a big part of the problem with Katrina: Then-Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin delayed ordering a mandatory evacuation in New Orleans until just 19 hours before landfall. Due to the failure to order timely mandatory evacuations, Mayor Nagin had little choice but to try to shelter (rather than evacuate) the remaining population.

I have some doubts about Jindal due to his apparent support for teaching Intelligent Design in public schools, but he gets full marks from me on disaster preparedness.
Herein lies the difference in the American and British mindsets.

I think he acted like a self promoting cock and you think he's a hero.

In my darkest moments I actually think you deserve your leaders
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 20:48   #8
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Hey may not have been a hero, but surely evacuating the city was the right idea. It was (as mentioned before) a class 4 hurricane and it would be stupid to take any chances with it.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2008, 21:12   #9
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepH View Post
Hey may not have been a hero, but surely evacuating the city was the right idea. It was (as mentioned before) a class 4 hurricane and it would be stupid to take any chances with it.
If we take this as a sample of those on the other side of the argument to me, I assume I will be crowned victorious in a charming little ceremony?

Perhaps with some sort of cake?
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 17:12   #10
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Herein lies the difference in the American and British mindsets.

I think he acted like a self promoting cock and you think he's a hero.

In my darkest moments I actually think you deserve your leaders
So he'd be damned if he had waited like they did with Katrina and it stayed catagory 4, and hes damned because he didnt wait and it dropped in scale in your eyes then Yahwe ?

Learning from others mistakes seems to be self promoting ?

That he went into New Orleans and told people to go, that he went on TV and told people to go, that he prepared emergency services and asked for help is a bad thing ?

Thats doing his job ! Its probably a novelty for us British as our politicians rarely do !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL

Last edited by Mistwraith; 4 Sep 2008 at 17:13. Reason: spelling error
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 18:34   #11
Yahwe
I am.

How to put this in language that the simpletons will understand ...

"Hurricanes don't kill people, people kill people"
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 19:39   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
How to put this in language that the simpletons will understand ...

"Hurricanes don't kill people, people kill people"
Manmade objects caught in the wind kill the people, trees blown down kill people, being out in a hurricane will kill you in so many ways.
You cant base that theory on acts of a planetary weather nature, if we didnt live in houses or own anything, if natures foliage didnt get us then hypothermia or drowning would .
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 20:40   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
Manmade objects caught in the wind kill the people, trees blown down kill people, being out in a hurricane will kill you in so many ways.
You cant base that theory on acts of a planetary weather nature, if we didnt live in houses or own anything, if natures foliage didnt get us then hypothermia or drowning would .
Clearly I failed to dumb down to your level.

Forgive me.
Unread 4 Sep 2008, 21:08   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never quite understood why millions sit at home waiting for someone to save them.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2008, 16:54   #15
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Another year, another round of 'Dodge the Hurricane' starts.

First up, our good friend Hanna, who looked to be coming a-knocking on Florida's door, only to pcik up her skirts and go see the nice people of North Carolina instead.

Next along is Ike. Ike is being a mean and unco-operative sunuvabitch. Last night he looked to be coming straight down I-95 for dinner on Tuesday, now it looks like he may just decide to go down to the Keys and wreak some merry havoc down there like so many tourists and Ernest Hemingway have before him.
All it takes is for the High pressure system to Ike's North to give way and Ike swings back around for a few pints at the Elbo Room in Ft. Lauderdale and pissing people off in general with rowdy behaviour afterwards.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2008, 04:39   #16
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I never quite understood why millions sit at home waiting for someone to save them.

They are waiting for the machine that can do it for them, and everyone wonders why we are so fat....

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2008, 11:23   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Piyush Jindal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
He has handled the situation ever so much more competently than Blanco did.
An electoral incentive is a marvellous thing.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 02:24   #18
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
Piyush "Bobby" Jidal is the Governor of Louisiana.

He has shown what a difference a governor can make in times of disaster.

While Gustav wan't as fierce a storm as Katrina and it didn't hit New Orleans directly, no one knew what it would be like before it happened.

Jindal managed to ask for federal assistance well ahead of time and managed to coordinate the evacuation of New Orleans in a systematic fashion. He has handled the situation ever so much more competently than Blanco did. He even got Nagin (the Mayor of New Orleans) off of his sorry ass and in motion.

In a few years I expect that Jindal may well be the first person of Indian heritage to run for President of the United States. He is a person to watch.
they are going to be the majority by then, population prospections say (the minorities of today)