User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2007, 10:09   #1
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about
combat tactics

have each fleet choose between 3 combat styles:
- agressive: ships do 25% more damage but have 25% less armor
- normal: ships have damage and armor as stated in the stats
- defensive: ships do 25% less damage but have 25% more armor

combat styles are always on until they are changed. they may or may not be scannable.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 11:03   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: combat tactics

Ideas like this often get shot down, but I really would quite like to see something similar to this tested in a beta or speedgame.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 23:01   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: combat tactics

A system somewhat like this was tried a while ago, what ended up happening is everyone just assumed maximum damage levels in their calcs, and indeed that is pretty much what people did. Of course it was the same round they completely eliminated pods, so it was kind of an odd round. While I agree more complicated combat, including tactics, would add a lot to the game I don't feel a system like the one you suggest would be the best route to go.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote