User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Feb 2006, 12:33   #101
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
Re: Vice Bust for XP wh0res- an idea to deal with this...

does go some way towards limiting the power of ziks though. If people think ziks are still too powerful, maybe can even get SK ships firing before stealers to limit the big ziks distorter wh0res.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 12:35   #102
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
My biggest problem at the moment is that zik steals after pods cap roids. So at the moment i get spammed by mass Ziz incs(around 50 a time) which i steal after they nick all my roids. Mildly annoying :P
You get ships in exchange though
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 12:38   #103
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yea sure, but my humongeous value kinda ruins me getting any score at all though. Something is wrong when the terrans suicide into me stealing half as many roids as i take from them and get twice the score for half the roids.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 14:37   #104
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerk
Has no-one got an alliance to whinge about this round? XP is a viable tactic in this game, it has been for a few rounds, this round however, it has taken off in a big way. GOOD. If I can roid someone with twice my value and roids, and actually survive, then give me that damned xp. It is the fault of my target for not ensuring the correct defence, or not covering the inc themselves, the same as I have done for rounds.
Please, for the love of me, go back to AD, the lot of you, and find an alliance to accuse of cheating / fencesitting / not being your alliance to flame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
heh people stating it takes skill to find 'loopholes' with these stats amaze me... how thick are you?

at their value size you can ALWAYS find ziks who can't stop BS... heck i'm top 5 value and there are enough terrans that can hit me and roid me even if i prod clippers.. also averaging 3k roids as someone calculated won't be as easy as it looks as once again attacking is too easy.

defence is hard no matter how you put it and why would you really with xp being this easy..

also stats are WAY too easy for xp players. even more then ever.
There is no way I [xan] can counter a TER BS and/or DE, if i build enough to deter the TER, I will start getting incoming from CAT CR. I can never plug the hole quickly enough.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 14:49   #105
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster
There is no way I [xan] can counter a TER BS and/or DE, if i build enough to deter the TER, I will start getting incoming from CAT CR. I can never plug the hole quickly enough.
What, you're suggesting that you should be able to build a fleet that's good enough to make you invincible?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:12   #106
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

*EDIT: I deleted this because you all slated me (pretty badly too) for my thoughts. However flawed they may be. *

"lol shut up dickwad. -Nadar"

Thanks mate

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 27 Feb 2006 at 17:02.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:17   #107
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As you can see from the top planet (at this time), its most likely his friends who attack him a couple of ticks before he lands an attack.
I don't mean this in a harsh way or anything but please shut up.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:22   #108
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
...and destroy alot of my PeaceKeepers.
You should try that ship called Broadswords.

If you, as Xan, have problems with TER DE/BS incs you are obviously doing something wrong.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:25   #109
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
No what i'm saying is that a TER half my value, can build a dedicated DE/BS fleet to roid me clean, and destroy alot of my PeaceKeepers. I thinks a problem is when the only units that target TER-BS/DE are in fact targets themselves from the ships you are targeting. There is no strategy for that, other than a higher quantity.
Yeah, but that's always true. Anyone who attacks you is going to do so because they know they can roid you, otherwise they wouldn't be attacking you. To stop them, you need defence.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:26   #110
Europatriot
zz-crew MMC

Europatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura aboutEuropatriot has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
people on high value have very few targets to attack to amount to the same XP gain .
high value XP-whoring, why did'nt I think of that?
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 16:51   #111
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
people on high value have very few targets to attack to amount to the same XP gain .
If they cared about XP they wouldn't have that much value, would they? If they got high value and call themselves XPwh0res then they're shit at it.
Unread 27 Feb 2006, 17:45   #112
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

There's only one:

1) Everyone (Except Rob) seems to have forgotten that it's impossible to consistently meet the gains of the top value players (Assuming there's any decent ones this round, I've heard of one or two). It's more than conceivable that a decent player like 21:8:8 *wink* or a high value Xan, through defence and fleet composition (among other things) could deter incomings and enjoy a long period of 500k+ Value a day growth, just as a result of income.

That's being unimaginative and forgetting that more often than not a few Ziks at the top will happily cap ~5+ million value in the last week.