User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Aug 2007, 22:38   #1
Kenny

Alliance limits

Ok, it could just be me (and 9.5 times out of 10 it is) but a lot of alliances seem to be struggling for members this round.

There's an alliance limit of 70 and from the conversations I've had, a few people seem to be falling short of this mark.

This could just be propeganda and what-have-you, but there ARE a lot of the bigger alliances coming back and there seem to be a serious lack in quality players that can cut it at the top level.

Player quality has been gradually diluting for years now - and there just aren't enough to go around.

Maybe get some feedback from alliance HCs for the upcoming round, but I think if PA enforced a lower alliance limit / membercap, then at least the quality players we had left more be more evenly spread out?

Thoughts...
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 22:48   #2
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: Alliance limits

Well if you are right, and the top allies are having trouble recruiting to the top perhaps this will show what it would be like if we had a high cap, or no cap at all. There has been a lot of debate over alliance limits, and both sides have good arguments. So I feel better to leave it where it is for now, and if 70 does turn out to be too high then we'll have an interesting data point for r24 on whether or not the ally limit needs to be adjusted.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2007, 23:18   #3
Kenny

Re: Alliance limits

Ok, I concede that it'd be interesting to see in practice what happens when alliances can't max-recruit... but I just wasn't sure everybody (like.. the alliance who wont be at max capacity) would be confident going in against other alliances that perhaps were full up.