User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 09:30   #1
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Are you ready?

I just saw this video and I must say it kinda shocked me. I know what its about but I think this is the best representation I have seen so far.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:00   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Are you ready?

I read the word "bible" in a comment below before the video loaded, so I quickly shut it
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:01   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Should I be?

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:05   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

The Lords of Kobol are way much cooler than god
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 12:29   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
I just saw this video and I must say it kinda shocked me. I know what its about but I think this is the best representation I have seen so far.
It's about trying to terrify people into joining your church by threatening them with apocolypse. It's a tactic which focuses on the vulnerable and afraid, it is morally disgusting and it completely undermines any claim these churches have to be following a loving god.

It's also about you (yet again) ramming your religious beliefs down our throats for which you ought to be banned under the advertising clause.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:21   #6
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
It's about trying to terrify people into joining your church by threatening them with apocolypse. It's a tactic which focuses on the vulnerable and afraid, it is morally disgusting and it completely undermines any claim these churches have to be following a loving god.

It's also about you (yet again) ramming your religious beliefs down our throats for which you ought to be banned under the advertising clause.
I could care less what church you join. This video is not meant for the unsaved. It's meant for believers. It's about what Bible Scholars have called "The Rapture." It is described in the Bible but never called the rapture.

And had you been as observant as Nadar who is NOT A LAWER you would have known that the material was religeous in nature. And sharing is not ramming unless your gay.

Has it been a while since your last relationship Yahwe?

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:03   #7
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I could care less what church you join. This video is not meant for the unsaved. It's meant for believers. It's about what Bible Scholars have called "The Rapture." It is described in the Bible but never called the rapture.

And had you been as observant as Nadar who is NOT A LAWER you would have known that the material was religeous in nature. And sharing is not ramming unless your gay.

You're quite frankly disgusting me. In the beginning I was thinking Yahwe took it too far when he requested you to be banned, but you're starting to change my mind. The last line of your post is so petty that I very nearly choked when I saw it. Now I'm just sad.

Edit: Yes, I saw the video and it is petty at best. Scaring people into believing is WRONG, and no better than the average propaganda from regimes that you, yourself would condemn.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 07:42   #8
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
You're quite frankly disgusting me. In the beginning I was thinking Yahwe took it too far when he requested you to be banned, but you're starting to change my mind. The last line of your post is so petty that I very nearly choked when I saw it. Now I'm just sad.

Edit: Yes, I saw the video and it is petty at best. Scaring people into believing is WRONG, and no better than the average propaganda from regimes that you, yourself would condemn.
Ban Me? Gee thanks. Go right ahead please.

I was not trying to be petty but I have the feeling from the tone of his post that Yahwe needs to get laid. I was trying to put it in a polite way. Cheer up. Tommorrow is a new day.

The video did not scare me. I was shocked how abrupt the "Rapture" really could be. I really thought the video was cool. I am sorry if you were scared by the video. It's meant to enlighten more than frighten.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 10:22   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Ban Me? Gee thanks. Go right ahead please.

I was not trying to be petty but I have the feeling from the tone of his post that Yahwe needs to get laid.
Oh god please don't get Yahwe started on his hyper-active sex life. I'm not sure many of us could survive that pain again.

And in true flagellant tradition, I doubt Travler is going to be banned any time soon.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 17:28   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I could care less what church you join.

You couldn't care less. to say you could care less is to imply that you actually care. I've heard this is an American saying but it is brutality against language. It is worse than a double negative because this is just wrong. It's like saying 'a dog is a cat becuase I like cheese'. If it only you I convert to accept the Englih language and repent all previous linguistic sins then shall have done my job.

On the topic, I find the video pathetic.

Edit: Due to the appalling nature of the first line I posted the message before reading the rest of the post. Why would believers want to watch that? Where is the benefit?

Quote:
This video is not meant for the unsaved. It's meant for believers. It's about what Bible Scholars have called "The Rapture." It is described in the Bible but never called the rapture.

It 'teaches' nothing, except that God may come at any moment and kill loads of people. the video isn't even clear on that. What happened to the others? Did they do to heaven or hell? Are the people still there to be punished or rewarded by living the res of their lives on Earth? It's a pile of shit as anything. It's only viable purpose is to add to the feeling of terror that God could smite you at any moment.

As to the rest of your post, oh dear.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 7 Nov 2006 at 17:34.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 07:56   #11
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
You couldn't care less. to say you could care less is to imply that you actually care. I've heard this is an American saying but it is brutality against language. It is worse than a double negative because this is just wrong. It's like saying 'a dog is a cat becuase I like cheese'. If it only you I convert to accept the Englih language and repent all previous linguistic sins then shall have done my job.
That's right I could care less about what church he goes to.....as long as he goes to church. This type of phrasing is used frequently in American English. Hey a culture difference, what do you know. Maybe I should get some red blobs just for being an American.
Quote:
On the topic, I find the video pathetic.

Edit: Due to the appalling nature of the first line I posted the message before reading the rest of the post. Why would believers want to watch that? Where is the benefit?
The video is cool. The first time I saw it a couple of days ago I asked my wife to forward it to me. It helps me visualize how the "Rapture" could occur.

Quote:
It 'teaches' nothing, except that God may come at any moment and kill loads of people. the video isn't even clear on that. What happened to the others? Did they do to heaven or hell? Are the people still there to be punished or rewarded by living the res of their lives on Earth? It's a pile of shit as anything. It's only viable purpose is to add to the feeling of terror that God could smite you at any moment.

As to the rest of your post, oh dear.
Ah, lesson 101 on "The Rapture" for non-believers (and some that are).

The following is from wikipedia:

The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) in which it is believed that all born-again Christians will be taken from Earth into Heaven by Jesus Christ. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will have eternal life, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be "taken" into Heaven at a specific moment. Its introduction and popularization in Christian belief is relatively recent, and the teachings of older Churches do not include any such doctrine.

The timing of "when" the rapture will take place is a key point often discussed and debated between denominations and individuals who accept the belief. One belief ("dispensationalist" or "futurist" interpretations) is that the rapture will take place at an unknown period of time prior to the beginning of the seven year tribulation, and that at that time only non-Christians will be left on the earth. However, according to the dispensationalist view, many will come to know Christ during the time of the tribulation, before he returns to set up His Kingdom of God/earthly kingdom. Others believe that the rapture will be a very audible and visible event which takes place after the events of the tribulation, right at the Second Coming of Christ in which the righteous will be taken up in the clouds to meet Christ upon his return. Other Christians teach that Jesus will return when all on Earth have come to worship Him as their savior. Thus, in accordance with the teaching of the Second Coming, when everyone accepts Jesus as their savior, he will return, and the Earth as we know it will end.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 09:04   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's right I could care less about what church he goes to.....as long as he goes to church. This type of phrasing is used frequently in American English.
Americans, in my experience, frequently say "for all intensive purposes". They're stupid if they say that and you're stupid if you say "could care less". "Couldn't care less" isn't some archaic piece of legacy phrasology that only has meaning based on that one configuration, it's just a straight forward bit of english that means exactly what it should mean based upon the meaning of the words.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 10:11   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The Rapture is an event in certain systems of Christian eschatology (the study of the end times) in which it is believed that all born-again Christians will be taken from Earth into Heaven by Jesus Christ. Although almost all forms of Christianity believe that those who are "saved" will have eternal life, the term "rapture" is usually applied specifically to the belief that Christians will be "taken" into Heaven at a specific moment. Its introduction and popularization in Christian belief is relatively recent, and the teachings of older Churches do not include any such doctrine.

The timing of "when" the rapture will take place is a key point often discussed and debated between denominations and individuals who accept the belief. One belief ("dispensationalist" or "futurist" interpretations) is that the rapture will take place at an unknown period of time prior to the beginning of the seven year tribulation, and that at that time only non-Christians will be left on the earth. However, according to the dispensationalist view, many will come to know Christ during the time of the tribulation, before he returns to set up His Kingdom of God/earthly kingdom. Others believe that the rapture will be a very audible and visible event which takes place after the events of the tribulation, right at the Second Coming of Christ in which the righteous will be taken up in the clouds to meet Christ upon his return. Other Christians teach that Jesus will return when all on Earth have come to worship Him as their savior. Thus, in accordance with the teaching of the Second Coming, when everyone accepts Jesus as their savior, he will return, and the Earth as we know it will end.
Thanks for that Mr. Tolkein.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 10:43   #14
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's right I could care less about what church he goes to.....as long as he goes to church. This type of phrasing is used frequently in American English. Hey a culture difference, what do you know. Maybe I should get some red blobs just for being an American.
Dealt with.

Quote:
The video is cool. The first time I saw it a couple of days ago I asked my wife to forward it to me. It helps me visualize how the "Rapture" could occur.
Maybe you shouls watch a video to help you visualise how 'Evolution' could occur.

Quote:
Ah, lesson 101 on "The Rapture" for non-believers (and some that are).

The following is from wikipedia:

Does this massive variance between Christians ever make you consider how secure ou own position is.

I partcularly liked this bit.

Quote:
Its introduction and popularization in Christian belief is relatively recent, and the teachings of older Churches do not include any such doctrine.
Don't you think people messing about with the teachings of God kind of undermines the whole principle of the Bible?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:19   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
that was funny (seriously), but i think god wants a little more action and a little less covert biggotry - www.godhatesgays.com

i can't actually watch the video (or indeed check the link i just gave is correct) because of my gym's filter thing but i strongly suggest that the book i suggested you read in your last thread (http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-R...=UTF8&s=books), would be a much better use of time than watching "charismatic" morons work themselves up over each others faith.

p.s. god put the male g-spot up the bum! what a fag!
p.p.s. ignoring other posters is shit
I am not intolerant of gays. In fact I tolerate them all the time. There are several where I work at and I would even consider one to be a friend. The fact that his idol is Wonder Woman is his personal choice and I am not about to tell him that he is wrong for that.

That book looks kinda dull to be honest. One editorial states "For a scientist who criticizes religion for its intolerance, Dawkins has written a surprisingly intolerant book, full of scorn for religion and those who believe." There is also the opposite view of "Dawkins is frequently dismissed as a bully, but he is only putting theological doctrines to the same kind of scrutiny that any scientific theory must withstand. No one who has witnessed the merciless dissection of a new paper in physics would describe the atmosphere as overly polite." Just seems to be a bash fest on religion and I can get that here for free.

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:22   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am not intolerant of gays. In fact I tolerate them all the time. There are several where I work at and I would even consider one to be a friend. The fact that his idol is Wonder Woman is his personal choice and I am not about to tell him that he is wrong for that.
I'm not racist, one of my best friends is black!
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:26   #17
All Systems Go

Quote:
The fact that his idol is Wonder Woman is his personal choice and I am not about to tell him that he is wrong for that.
You both idolise imaginary characters, I'm surprised you're not friends.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:40   #18
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You both idolise imaginary characters, I'm surprised you're not friends.
wonder woman is real... otherwise she wouldnt be in justice league !

as to tolerance comment... saying something "I tolerate it ALL the time" does not make u look quite tolerant (as JBG pointed out). There is no difference between someone gay or straight on a personal communication level... The only difference in life between gay and straight is sexual preference. And untill you realize that his/her way of life is that exactly as good as yours.

So. I understand that to your ears worshiping almighty might not be exactly the same thing as homosexual sex... but as a matter of fact (and its quite amuzing to me) it is. So... they tolerate you much more then u "tolerate" them...

oh... and besides... i see your prejudice in between lines of your post. work on that
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 18:29   #19
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
what editorial was that may i ask?

if you don't want to read the myriad points as to why religion is a steaming pile of horseshit then don't, just read the arguments given for why god doesn't exist. for someone who appears to base quite a substancial part of their life around the idea of a christian god i can only assume the reason you don't want to spend $20 on a book that could change your foundational beliefs is that you want to bury your head in the sand.

you've ignored points made to you here that debase faith and religion but you've ignored them. i don't doubt that some of them were easier to ignore because they were not easily comprehensible. posters here are not preffesional writters unlike me and dawkins.
dawkins' book isn't trying to make fun of you, it's not a book trying to look clever infront of other posters for pos rep, it's genuinely trying to help you break free of religion. do it for horn <3
I read the editorials off the Amazon site.

God told me not to bother with the book and that the views are not supported with the truth.

I would suggest reading this book.

Unread 8 Nov 2006, 18:31   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I read the editorials off the Amazon site.

God told me not to bother with the book and that the views are not supported with the truth.

I would suggest reading this book.
God is telling you to do very stupid things. ID is conceptually entirely at odds with Evolution, the evolution that to deny is like denying gravity, not "the same but a bit different" as its supporters would have people believe.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 18:37   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Is it really tolerance or is the inability to change it or do you just don't care about those sinners?

It's clearly not acceptance
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 18:40   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Is it really tolerance or is the inability to change it or do you just don't care about those sinners?
It's clearly not acceptance
There's a difference between acceptance and tolerance. I don't accept, say, neonazis. I do tolerate them because I believe they have a right to free speech and free association. Accepting something is unnecessary.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:01   #23
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe

Isn’t organised religion in general morally disgusting and completely undermines its own belief sets. They take what’s the idea of faith and destiny, throw in a higher power and build around it a set of moral guidelines. All of these things are perfectly fine but then they proceed to scare people into also holding these beliefs often in ways that are against the moral guidelines of their religion. Then if people do something that doesn’t fit in with their faith they start to attack the very right to choice that allows them to choose to follow the religion they do in an attempt to impose their belief set onto others. In some cases they will even turn to violence and even ‘murder’ to impose their views further. Seeing as the majority of religions have peace, acceptance and forgiveness at the centre of their moral beliefs it becomes highly hypocritical and undermines themselves

As for banning him, as much as I hate organised religion because of them trying to force their intolerances, their hypocrisy and their beliefs onto others all he’s peddling is his opinion and his beliefs. If we start banning people for that then anyone posting on any thread on these forums needs banned. Anyway I would hope most people here will be smart enough to come up with their own feelings on beliefs without being swayed by his postings.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:36   #24
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Anyway I would hope most people here will be smart enough to come up with their own feelings on beliefs without being swayed by his postings.
Its kind of boring and not very interesting talking to religious fundamentalists that bashes just because they feel wrongfully accused etc.

Instead, cant the forums have an ignore user option?
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:38   #25
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Its kind of boring and not very interesting talking to religious fundamentalists that bashes just because they feel wrongfully accused etc.

Instead, cant the forums have an ignore user option?
It does. Click on anyones profile and you can click the "Add user to your ignore list" or something like that.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 15:40   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
It does. Click on anyones profile and you can click the "Add user to your ignore list" or something like that.
<3 Nadar omg omg omg, look my cool postnumber!
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 21:00   #27
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
You should never post again just so you can keep that cool postnumber. 1,338 just would not be as cool.

Unread 7 Nov 2006, 23:10   #28
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
i find it amusing that you cant post again if you want to remain "1337" :P
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:49   #29
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Isn’t organised religion in general morally disgusting and completely undermines its own belief sets. They take what’s the idea of faith and destiny, throw in a higher power and build around it a set of moral guidelines. All of these things are perfectly fine but then they proceed to scare people into also holding these beliefs often in ways that are against the moral guidelines of their religion. Then if people do something that doesn’t fit in with their faith they start to attack the very right to choice that allows them to choose to follow the religion they do in an attempt to impose their belief set onto others. In some cases they will even turn to violence and even ‘murder’ to impose their views further. Seeing as the majority of religions have peace, acceptance and forgiveness at the centre of their moral beliefs it becomes highly hypocritical and undermines themselves
While this is true for most of the major religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc), I've yet to hear of a Shaolin Monk kill someone for not believing in Buddha. This leads me to conclude that Buddhism is the best of a bad bunch
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 16:57   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I think the more pertinent question is "Are YOU ready for this?"
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 18:39   #31
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

well i watched this vid without sound, so not quite sure what happened...

here is what i saw: guy with the book... bla bla bla, people disappear...
wtf !? (ye, i dont have speakers )
then... Travler: "God is coming" or something to that effect... o.O Maybe my subpar intelligence is unable to comprehend the depth of thought behind the big idea, or maybe its just the lack of sound one way or another, thats a fking cool special effect for homemade vid
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 19:09   #32
Mitc
NASA Health & Safety

Mitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to beholdMitc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
God would spend more on special effects.
And it would be more Quinten Tarantino-esque.
Probably.
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 19:11   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 19:43   #34
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

I thought it was a trailer for some sort of Blair Witch Project film

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 23:03   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hay i thought there was stuff about penitence and forgiveness in this christianity business.

i heard some people survive this end of the world business as well?
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 17:40   #36
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
hay i thought there was stuff about penitence and forgiveness in this christianity business.

i heard some people survive this end of the world business as well?
It's "business" indeed; it's all about the money.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2006, 23:07   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

Can you imagine how cool it would be to be to left behind when all those christians finally get taken? All those frigid women would be gone on nights out and you'd know you're never wasting your time!
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 08:07   #38
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I didn't actually click on the video, because from past experience Travler's video choices make me disgusted to be associated with organised religion.

I'd just like to point out that I agree with the JBG statement, being tolerant don't mean crap. I'll use the example of - I tolerate Travler's post, but I think his internet provider should turn his service off every once in a while.

You can't just say you tolerate something and think that's ok, it's either you're fine with it, or you're not fine with it...saying you're tolerant means you can't stand them, but you'll put up with them, just like some people are tolerant of your post, and probably some are even tolerant of mine. It's a product of speaking your mind, people aren't always going to like what you say, and some times they may even tolerate you or agree with you dispite not even liking you.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 08:19   #39
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Wasnt there some book written by and for the american religious right called "those you leave behind" or something like that? Its pretty much just the same thing :\

Besides, when they all dissapeared, i actually laughed*. i dont understand really why people are being upset over some silly bit of comedy. If religion isnt your thing, ignore it. If religion is your thing, well that's your problem really :\.

*having waited a day or two since posting, i cant remember why i laughed, but i remember doing it...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 13:07   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Well, now i've watched the video, and it looked like that they stole the special effects from War of The Worlds, was Tom Cruise a co-sponsor on this?
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 13:12   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Well, now i've watched the video, and it looked like that they stole the special effects from War of The Worlds, was Tom Cruise a co-sponsor on this?
Don't drag the good name of scientology down into this squalid christian quagmire please.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 23:57   #42
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:
I read this tonight and I must say it kinda shocked me. I know what it’s about, it’s about 7th century Britton and I think the character is the best representation of my views I have seen so far.

"I am no Christian. These days it does no good to confess that, for the bishops and abbots have much influence and it’s easier to pretend a faith than to fight angry ideas. I was raised a Christian, but at 10 years old, when I was taken into Ragnar's family, I discovered the old Saxon gods who were also the gods of the Danes and of the Norsemen, and their worship has always made more sense to me than bowing down to a god who belongs to a country so far away that I have met no one who has ever been there. Thor and Odin walked our hills, slept in our valleys, loved our women and drank from our streams, and that makes them seam like neighbours. The other thing I like about our gods is that they are not obsessed with us. They have their own squabbles and love affairs and seem to ignore us much of the time, but the Christian god has nothing better to do than make rules for us. He makes rules, more rules, prohibitions and commandments, and he needs hundreds of black-robed priests and monks to make sure we obey those laws. He strikes me as a very grumpy god, that one, even though his priests are forever claiming that he loves us. I have never been so stupid as to think that Thor or Odin or Hoder loved me, though I hope at times they have thought me worthy of them"

I'm sure you see yourself as worthy, which is noble. There are many programmed randoms, it’s your choice if you choose to execute one. The world may be smaller and more grown up than 1,300 years, but the trap doors are ever more plentiful.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:23   #43
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
I read this tonight and I must say it kinda shocked me. I know what it’s about, it’s about 7th century Britton and I think the character is the best representation of my views I have seen so far.

"I am no Christian. These days it does no good to confess that, for the bishops and abbots have much influence and it’s easier to pretend a faith than to fight angry ideas. I was raised a Christian, but at 10 years old, when I was taken into Ragnar's family, I discovered the old Saxon gods who were also the gods of the Danes and of the Norsemen, and their worship has always made more sense to me than bowing down to a god who belongs to a country so far away that I have met no one who has ever been there. Thor and Odin walked our hills, slept in our valleys, loved our women and drank from our streams, and that makes them seam like neighbours. The other thing I like about our gods is that they are not obsessed with us. They have their own squabbles and love affairs and seem to ignore us much of the time, but the Christian god has nothing better to do than make rules for us. He makes rules, more rules, prohibitions and commandments, and he needs hundreds of black-robed priests and monks to make sure we obey those laws. He strikes me as a very grumpy god, that one, even though his priests are forever claiming that he loves us. I have never been so stupid as to think that Thor or Odin or Hoder loved me, though I hope at times they have thought me worthy of them"

I'm sure you see yourself as worthy, which is noble. There are many programmed randoms, it’s your choice if you choose to execute one. The world may be smaller and more grown up than 1,300 years, but the trap doors are ever more plentiful.
Religion has long been used as an oppressive and controling force in Europe and in other parts of the world as well. God really does love us and the rules are not as important as loving and being loved.

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:36   #44
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Oh dear, I bet Turkey wished they could get owned so quickly as they would be fully signed up members of the community right now.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 00:51   #45
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Evolution is taking the fact that living things adapt and calling a series of adaptions evolution. It's like the old joke that says "If Man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"
Why is there only one fossile called "Lucy" of the so-called missing link?

I don't fully agree with everything about ID but I do believe that creatures that exist on our planet and in our universe are not random. Beyond a few proteins, amino acids, peptides, and enzymes I highly doubt that a full strand of DNA could be assembled from random.
Stronger genes replace weaker once, we evolve with every generation
I would hardly call that random; it's survival of the fittest

Just like that old joke

"If we don't evolve, why isn't everyone like Travler then?"
and
"Why do your children look like the milkman and not like their parents?"
or on a more serious note:
"Why do we keep getting taller, smarter, physicly weaker and balder in the western world"
and
"Why are the Africans that we took to the USA stronger then the once in Africa, what makes them different, what happened on those boats and after that"

Last edited by Alessio; 9 Nov 2006 at 01:14.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 20:42   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Maybe after this we could start referencing entropy as disproving evolution and just complete our list of banal arguments for the day.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 20:47   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Maybe after this we could start referencing entropy as disproving evolution and just complete our list of banal arguments for the day.
Just because "scientists" say there's a big ball of gas which releases lots of energy doesn't mean I should believe them, you racist.
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 00:12   #48
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the 'i can't understand the probability' point is easily solved

all travler needs to do is get 10 decks of playing cards. shuffle them. pick out 10 in order.

He can stare at the ones he's picked out screaming "this is statisticly impossible god must have arranged this!!" all he wants. But eventually he will come to understand that if he does the same thing every minute for a billion years he will get the same combination several times.

the fact is that travler does not want to even try to concieve of the way the world came into being.

It amuses me terribly because good theolgians and intelligent people of faith accept the truth. It is only poor theolgians (travlers pastor) and frightened zealots (travler) who can not accept it.
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 14:21   #49
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

oh dear god make it stop

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 15:01   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Travler, are you honest to god not just trolling?