User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Mar 2005, 11:44   #1
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Excel help needed

Pretty simple I guess but beyond my (none existant) excel knowledge.

I have two collums of dates, when something was started and when it was last reconfirmed. I want to know the length (or my manager does anyway) of time passed between those two dates.

Anyone know an easier way other than line by line with some mental maths? (ie a formula)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 11:53   #2
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Excel help needed

dont even need the 'sum' bit (and some extra stuff in case you really dont know excel)

in the top row of the column you want the time between the dates to show select the top cell and type '=' and then click on the cell with the later date in it then type '-' then click the earlier date cell then hit enter
select the cell you have just typed in and hover over the bottom right hand corner until your curser turns into a little black cross and then click and drag the formula down the column
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 11:54   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

itt, madi teaches gd about computers*

* ok, excel.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 12:04   #4
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

I figured the dates would screw up a simple formula approach. 1 up to ms excel and big thank yous all round to madi and flavius

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote