User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Nov 2005, 01:37   #1
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Recruitment

Will pa team be recruiting any more team members to cope with PAN ?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 01:52   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Recruitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Will pa team be recruiting any more team members to cope with PAN ?
Why does it matter?

If they need more they wil recruit from the people already whom have shown to be trustworthy and willing to put in their own time, which considering the forum you have posted this on im guessing isnt you if thats what your after.

If your wanting to be PAteam you will no doubt have to prove your worth being made PAteam
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 02:15   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

its a sort of unwritten rule that if you ask to be in pateam, you usually dont get in
people are chosen on merit, not because they want to be in the limelight
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 02:30   #4
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Where would you like me to post it then wakey?!?

Anyway, I was thinking more in terms of programmers Phil, as the new development sounds quite intense for such a small period of time. That's something that is unlikely to come from existing MH etc who have existing merit.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 04:11   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Where would you like me to post it then wakey?!?

Anyway, I was thinking more in terms of programmers Phil, as the new development sounds quite intense for such a small period of time. That's something that is unlikely to come from existing MH etc who have existing merit.
Coders more than anyone require some trust to have been built up first, well volentary coders atleast. And theres coders throughout the the various teams of volenteers so it is something that can be picked from the current crop.

As for where should this have been posted. If you were in a position where you had built up the trust you would probally have access to the Rep forum where a request like this would be more suitable. Seeing as you dont seem to have access there your probally need to show your worth my investing some time helping out in some capacity so you should focus your energys there
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 08:56   #6
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
its a sort of unwritten rule that if you ask to be in pateam, you usually dont get in
I really, really want to join PAteam, can someone please tell me how to join PAteam? I would do anything to join PAteam.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 09:00   #7
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
your probally need to show your worth my investing some time helping out in some capacity so you should focus your energys there
Such as joining the Support Crew, for example .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 09:12   #8
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
I really, really want to join PAteam, can someone please tell me how to join PAteam? I would do anything to join PAteam.

Just wait for them to ask you 3 times, then say no.

Worked for me
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 10:06   #9
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
ok then i dont want to join the pateam!?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 11:55   #10
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ehm, he didnt ask / say he wanted to join the pa team.

He asked a general question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 12:06   #11
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

no offence wakey, but the guys just asking, being friendly and offering his services, no need to be quite so rude, or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 12:25   #12
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
no offence wakey, but the guys just asking, being friendly and offering his services, no need to be quite so rude, or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.
I wasnt being rude, it just seemed like "Make me Pateam" post as its really not relevent in any other context. And I wasnt about to waste my time chasing someone down to answer this for someone begging to be PAteam. So i asked him why he needed to know and also gave him the answer if it was a "make me pateam" post
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 12:44   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ok well glad you could help him
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 13:21   #14
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

I swear too much to be anything but Appoco's bitch.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 13:53   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You're not my bitch

With regards to the PAN Team, we've got lots of different people (including a few that might surprise you as they don't generally agree with "PA Team" type people :P)
I think we've probably got if anything too many people - you can only have a certain amount of people before things get too difficult to control, and we'll have probably upwards of 20 people.

The PA Team itself is not actively looking for members at the current time, although we know that there's now fewer members than there have been in recent times. Generally, people are selected on merit and how they've performed with regards to activity in the community.

I know that some people have also been wanting to join the support team - I'd love to welcome them but if anything we have too many people in the EU timezone at the moment in the support team. Any non-closure related tickets are generally answered extremely quickly, especially in the daytime. Anyone who stays in the channel for longer than ~10 minutes generally gets an answer in the daytime too (people who join and then leave a minute later don't count, but I usually pm them after they've left if someone else hasn't).
NitinA, UN and Ali consist of our non EU timezone, so we're a bit weaker in that area and I'd consider any applicants for that.

To become a multihunter, you have to have built up a good level of trust - generally this has been done in the past by working in the support team (in fact, in recent years I think all multihunters have been in the support team first). You also aren't allowed to be in an alliance (due to the pressure of having admin tools and having a close relationship with quite a few people).

With regards to coding, you've got to sign a contract saying all code you give to Jolt they own, not to pass on information you learn, and so forth. I'll try and get a definate answer about coders, as a few people have mentioned they might be willing to do something in the past. However, part of the problem is finding a semi-complete job for them to do.

[Edit: added more information]

Last edited by Appocomaster; 16 Nov 2005 at 14:08.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 14:33   #16
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
As for where should this have been posted. If you were in a position where you had built up the trust you would probally have access to the Rep forum where a request like this would be more suitable. Seeing as you dont seem to have access there your probally need to show your worth my investing some time helping out in some capacity so you should focus your energys there

Your such a jerk wakey, he only asked ffs
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 14:40   #17
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

All the Multihunters have all come through support team and you dont sign up for it, you get invited same for PAteam. The only thing you ask to join is support, after that (should your application be acceepted) anywere you go from there is all on merit and an invite form the people further up the ladder :P

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 19:58   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
merit
I nominate this for 'joke of the year'.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:18   #19
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Promoting/Inviting people only from the support team seems a bit like shooting yourselves in the foot to me, then again im not sure there is a definate better way.

Either way jumping on anyone showing the slightest interest with an aggressive attitude is definately not the way to go.

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:39   #20
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Quote:
hahahahahahahahahaha.

PA Team or whatever it's called has always been 90% full of muppets who don't know their arse from their elbow. The current PA Team seems slightly better so maybe only 70% of them fit that category
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:42   #21
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There's 7-8 of us. That means only 2 aren't muppets.
That's not very fair. Are you going to name which 2?
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:43   #22
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

you Appoco <3
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 20:46   #23
Appocomaster
PA Team

<3 but really :/ you left 2 people with mod access, the forum owner, an IRC op, Kloopy... etc
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 21:19   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
hahahahahahahahahaha.

PA Team or whatever it's called has always been 90% full of muppets who don't know their arse from their elbow. The current PA Team seems slightly better so maybe only 70% of them fit that category
That's because when I was in pateam we spent 90% of our time deep anally fisting each other
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:17   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
With regards to the DEAD PAN Team,
I should put that on the other thread.
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:28   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
I should put that on the other thread.
?
Unread 16 Nov 2005, 22:54   #27
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Keep up Appoc...