User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 May 2004, 21:42   #1
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Hi, I'm going to post a thread similar to the ones posted for the last eight rounds.

Aren't we all just the little original thinkers?

It seems to me that noone can come up with a suitable new solution about alliances this round.

From what I see, people are merely repeating the same things that have been proposed over the last 8 rounds.

Are there really no new ideas out there?

Is there really no way to prevent, stagnation, large alliance advantages, powerblocks, newbie bashing, and general chaos?

For gods sake people, think of something new.

We need something that will help, not something that has been tried and failed for the last 8 rounds.

K. Now go put your thinking caps on.

Kthxbye.

-Qazok
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 21:45   #2
Spaced
[WP]

Spaced is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hi, I'm going to post a thread similar to the ones posted for the last eight rounds.

Qazok Sorry unconnected with this thread but atleast i've proved the person in my siggie does exist

Ex [WP] Peon
Ex [NoS] Officer
Ex [Coven] Officer
Ex [=V=] Whore
Ex [Ely] Peon

Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère! You see, it's like wiping your arse with silk, I love it.
Spaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 22:06   #3
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hi, I'm going to post a thread similar to the ones posted for the last eight rounds.

hmm yeah, sorry to to flame etc, but "whining" about stuff without helping to get a solution isnt the best thing ever

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 22:49   #4
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought u were going to present something new Qazok sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2004, 23:57   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sid has presented a new idea...

Are you even playing PA?
Unread 26 May 2004, 00:10   #6
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

lol
Unread 26 May 2004, 04:44   #7
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

hmmmm
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 05:30   #8
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

[1up] has officially owned this thread, tyvm

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 06:03   #9
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hi, I'm going to post a thread similar to the ones posted for the last eight roun

You know what, let's randomly distribute people into 2 HUMONGOUS UBER POWERFUL UBER HUGE (tm) alliances with a creator as HC, and let's duke it out from there

I claim this corner of 1up land for nos
Unread 26 May 2004, 06:58   #10
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I can see what he's saying, not blocking has been proposed every round I'm sure. The only thing is it was proposed by people who had either no interest in seeing it succeed or no power to make it happen. What IS different is that a signifigant portion of the community that has some influence has decided that the time is right and it is in their interests to make it happen and brought I think a critical mass on board for the idea.

Of course time will tell how this works out or if my analysis of the "critical mass" is correct, but I'm optimistic.
Unread 26 May 2004, 07:22   #11
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

This thread scores a 98% on the useless ladder.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 07:37   #12
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
This thread scores a 98% on the useless ladder.
like most tbh

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 08:37   #13
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
like most tbh
If we can get it up to 99%, does that mean we've achieved something new?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 09:21   #14
yupster
Dawsons Creek r0x

yupster is an unknown quantity at this point

The probability that this thread will achieve something new is 0

[1up]

Round5 - 16:23
Round11 - 21:1
Round12 - 22:5
yupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 10:17   #15
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QazokRouge5
It's easy to criticise people but hard to come up with something innovating yourself isn't it?

Idiot.
Unread 26 May 2004, 10:22   #16
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
[1up] has officially owned this thread, tyvm
I get the feeling 1up owns al threads, r you only recruiting known spammers?
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 11:45   #17
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_V
I get the feeling 1up owns al threads, r you only recruiting known spammers?
Code:
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> Fury have folded
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> Well, they've renamed to 1pu in effect
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> 1up
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> and taken in some other people
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> a very high concentration of board spammers in that alliance by the looks of it
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> some decent players as well
Ok, so paraphrasing >2 year old IRC quotes probably isn't going to catch on, but I honestly couldn't resist.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: I do not think 1up is Fury v2. I just found the similarity funny.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 12:00   #18
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Code:
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> Fury have folded
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> Well, they've renamed to 1pu in effect
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> 1up
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> and taken in some other people
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> a very high concentration of board spammers in that alliance by the looks of it
<[Fury]Syn_Sid> some decent players as well
Ok, so paraphrasing >2 year old IRC quotes probably isn't going to catch on, but I honestly couldn't resist.

Oh yeah, and one more thing: I do not think 1up is Fury v2. I just found the similarity funny.
Oh the humour
Unread 26 May 2004, 12:01   #19
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Isn't 1up fury version 3? We have already had Eclipse.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 12:17   #20
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
Isn't 1up fury version 3? We have already had Eclipse.

I seem to remember them kicking your ass too.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 12:20   #21
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I seem to remember them kicking your ass too.
I nver said they ween't all strong alliances - merely a correction of my learned colleague

Anyway off to lunch wih my gf - first scan friday so i am dead excited

See you later
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 May 2004, 12:23   #22
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I nver said they ween't all strong alliances - merely a correction of my learned colleague

Anyway off to lunch wih my gf - first scan friday so i am dead excited

See you later
hehe - 15 all ;p

Plus the fact I was rather cheekily hinting that we think we might give everyone a good whuppin next round

gl with the scan

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 26 May 2004, 14:04   #23
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Quote:
hehe - 15 all ;p

Plus the fact I was rather cheekily hinting that we think we might give everyone a good whuppin next round

gl with the scan
thanks for the luck with the scan - if you do whup everyone next round then its you hat will have blocked though ;p - it should be fairly consistent and relatively close if everyone does avoid blocking
Proud to be Independent
Unread 26 May 2004, 14:21   #24
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
think i've seen ppl say this and not add a single idea themself the last 8 rnds too. The solutions and suggestions thats been mentioned 1597456984 times work, some ppl just cant help blocking/bashing/making chaos and those have read theese suggestions 1597456984 times, but they just dont care.... there's the problem

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 14:31   #25
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
it should be fairly consistent and relatively close if everyone does avoid blocking
Being serious for a moment from my point of view this is the reasoning behind the whole movement. So the people who finish #1 can really say they were the best without any doubt being thrown over it due to political situations etc.

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 15:43   #26
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Being serious for a moment from my point of view this is the reasoning behind the whole movement. So the people who finish #1 can really say they were the best without any doubt being thrown over it due to political situations etc.
Whos to say being 'the best' cannot include political moves? Political moves dont have to be huge overblocking.

[1up] clearly think they have the advantage in a 'go it alone' round. I agree. And the attempt at a system that will force everyone else to do the same is clever. Hell, it might even work, and if it does you deserve to win. However id rather have a round where fighting happened right throughout the round.

You may say that will happen in a 'go it alone' round. However i dont like just simple roiding, thats boring. I like fighting an enemy, knowing i played a big part of their downfall.

Back on topic.....

It is a new look at an old idea. However not one i think would be good for the game. I dont care wether an alliance is best or not, i dont want to see it win every round. Which is what would most likely happen with [1up]'s proposal!

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 16:10   #27
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

I wish I knew why everyone thought 1up would suddenly be able to "pwn" everyone in a free for all round. OK, we got some good players but a decent proportion of our members are coming back into a game style they know nothing about. Is everyone saying that their own alliances don't have decent players and, finally, is everyone saying we can magic ships out of thin air if we get hit on a decent scale?

Everyone seems to be selling themselves and their alliances short and possibly oevrestimating 1up. I have no doubt we have a lot of ability as an alliance bit I fail to see where we have this vast advantage that everyone is talking about and already giving 1up the round win if blocks don't appear.

In my opinion 1up have the ability to hold their own and win the round with blocks or without. However, I certainly don't see us steamrollering the rest of the opposition and cruising to an easy victory like a lot of people seem to think. I think we'll have to work our balls off and lose roids sometimes just like everyone else.

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 16:14   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We'd win because we are much better endowed than the rest.
Unread 26 May 2004, 16:19   #29
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
-Qazok
Considering the game itself is still a webbrowser game without grafix and without any 3d environment and the biggest "new ideas in its development was the changes in shipstats and adding covered ops (along some minor changes which were simply copied from other games) i dont think you can exspect the customers to be the well of new ideas and reinventing the wheel.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 16:28   #30
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

I didnt say you wouldnt have to work for it. However i still think [1up] winning would be the eventual outcome.

As to people having no faith in their own alliances....not many people can get 70 players, let alone 70 people who are good players and active. Even if most havent played in a while, they will likely be active and its not that hard to adapt to the new PA.

Unread 26 May 2004, 16:31   #31
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
I didnt say you wouldnt have to work for it. However i still think [1up] winning would be the eventual outcome.

As to people having no faith in their own alliances....not many people can get 70 players, let alone 70 people who are good players and active. Even if most havent played in a while, they will likely be active and its not that hard to adapt to the new PA.
So basically you're saying that 1up will win unless everyone blocks?

We could block and win oh so easily I feel, but that's been done before.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 16:35   #32
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f

My statement wasn't only aimed at you. I've read a fair bit of stuff onthe boards that equates pretty much to many people giving up and handing 1up the win.

I do agree we have some talent. But I certainly aren't arrogant enough to think we are the only alliance able to do the business. Last round Mistu had an alliance of 67-ish people. I personally, woulda put a little money on them agaisnt FAnG in a one on one situation if the start was even.

In the same way though I have no doubt people like FAnG, Vsn, ND, Mistu etc all have the ability to more than hold their own in a free and open battleground and have more than a slim chance of finishing #1. To think anything else would be arrogant, stupid and asking for trouble.

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 17:14   #33
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
So basically you're saying that 1up will win unless everyone blocks?

We could block and win oh so easily I feel, but that's been done before.
Im not talking about mass blocking, theres no need to over react Zhil. However, there is nothing wrong with alliances working together, when not done lamely. Its the huge blocks that dont break apart even when they are easily destorying everyone else which cause the problems (usually because they are all in each others galaxies). And of course, scared to fight aswell.

Hopefully the more 'random-ish' round will stop that. Leaving any large blocks formed little excuse to stay together. Id much rather have a fight for 1st than sit and coast to 2nd. That is the spirit we need to get into all the players and alliances. In my opinion.

Unread 26 May 2004, 17:32   #34
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Quote:
My statement wasn't only aimed at you. I've read a fair bit of stuff onthe boards that equates pretty much to many people giving up and handing 1up the win.
Thats exactly why you will win. No-one has the confidence, desire and ambition to put in what it takes to win. From what i can see.

Unread 26 May 2004, 17:56   #35
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, it's pathetic to give them the win this early
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 18:32   #36
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
yeah, it's pathetic to give them the win this early
it's quite pathetic, signups havent even opened ffs

Quote:
Unread 26 May 2004, 20:58   #37
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
Considering the game itself is still a webbrowser game without grafix and without any 3d environment and the biggest "new ideas in its development was the changes in shipstats and adding covered ops (along some minor changes which were simply copied from other games) i dont think you can exspect the customers to be the well of new ideas and reinventing the wheel.
That is such a Focht thing to say. There is not a moment I regret packing my bags and ****ing off from the alliance you destroyed with your ultraconservative playing style.

However, in some ways you're right.

PA is an inherently slow game. It moves at a snail's pace compared to most internet games' rabid lightning. We might be tempted to think that the game is played the same way it was 8 rounds ago, but I played back then (whether we're counting half rounds or not) and there have been evolutions.

There's this saying that goes 'the more things change, the more things stay the same.' People who go away from the boards and come back constantly moan about how people are still flaming over the same silly things, still flaming. I think that's because it's what they recognize.

But getting back to what Focht said about lack of innovation in the game, I think that PA has been played reasonably similarly over the last 7-8 rounds because that's what works. The style has been honed and refined, but the playing styles of rounds 4 and 5 (and probably 3 as well, though for different reasons) irrevokably shaped the way PA was played onwards. It created a metagame that in many ways is more entertaining than the game itself*, it created the landscape in which people play the game today. Qazok's real observation is that the alliance metagame is still going strong (*cough*), rather than PA players have stagnated. He's just too stuck in his own rutt to realize it.

As to 'the alliance problem', Planetarion Suggestions is that way, and I think you'll find people tossing up various ideas as to how to redress the balance, mostly by integrating alliances into the game**. Unfortunately there are pitfalls*** that make it difficult to present anything remotely workable (that's likely to be implemented).

Oh yeah, and Focht, rather than tempt you to flame my anti-Eclipse sentiment, I think you did a lot of good for the alliance. Congratulations on winning two rounds (it was two, wasn't it?) and all that.

*After all, why are we posting here?

** I mean really integrate, not some half assed Alliance Hosting hack like we have now.

*** The strongest is, in my opinion, PA's inherent openendedness, which requires that there be no 'victory conditions' or similar, which in turn makes it difficult to do anything with alliances, beyond say 'go forth and have wars'.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 00:01   #38
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Would i dare to flame you jester ?
You didnt like eclipse you left, you can add your personal sentiments as much as you want fact is noone shed a tear you left and we did well without you. A missed opportunity ? hardly considering you reapplied lateron.

Its this dispise and personal dislike you bring to these boards which make every of your posts enjoyable and questions if the reader should either feel sympathy for you, pity or a souldeep hatred.
Whatever the reader might find fitting his agenda best, i doubt you would give a toss.
So dont assume you yourself have any other impact on others.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 00:21   #39
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If [1up] was recruiting board spammers, why has nobody gone into GD? I mean, you Planetarion discussion people are owned by the GD crew!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 01:48   #40
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Clearly it is not my job to come up with new ideas, as I am in no position to implement them, nor am I intending on playing this round.

So all you people who flamed me for pointing out the obvious can shove that keyboard right back up your ass.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 02:09   #41
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

But its our job to come up with new ideas, even if we're not in a position to implement them? And whether I'm playing or you're not playing is irrelevant at the point where you posted a thread.

There are new or newish ideas out there. There's also stale old ideas out there. I doubt you've taken the time to sort through and read them. I doubt anyone in a position to implement the changes has done so either... but it keeps us entertained until the ticks start.

As a top-notch flamer yourself, I'd invite you shove your keyboard up your own ass, however I doubt there's enough room to get it past your head.