User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Mar 2007, 17:32   #1
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of
Hypnotherapy - regression - Help wanted from Psychology buffs

I am decided to give it a go on Regression via Hypnosis, meaning trying to recover blocked memories. Does anyone have any experience on this? Mind Sharing some info or methods? Any tips?

I looked up in wiki, but to no sucess. Looking in google i only found charlatains and pseudoscience

Do you people have any sort of experience with this?
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 17:35   #2
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future
Re: Hypnotherapy - regression - Help wanted from Psychology buffs

are you trying to re-live losing your viginity?
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 18:19   #3
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
Have you actually paid for these sessions yet?
i didnt apply/bought their books/called hotline/whatever because im no half wit. I can spot a con a mile away
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 18:30   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What repressed memories do you think you'll find?

If they tell you were abused by satanists, do you think this will improve your life in anyway?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 20:22   #5
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
If they tell you were abused by satanists, do you think this will improve your life in anyway?

Maybe the sense of belonging he'll get from knowing that Satanists cared enough to abuse him means that he'll blossom.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 21:04   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i can understand his issues with his memories of appalling events.

but rather than spend money on quacks and risk reliving them could we not just disable his search function?
Unread 26 Mar 2007, 21:28   #7
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unless you have some specific area which you think needs delving into, you are not going to find anyone qualified who would want to be involved.

There are psychiatrists who also are trained in hypnosis but they aren't cheap and spending money on them for intertainment is an expensive adventure.

Try just watching the movie, "On a Clear Day."
Unread 27 Mar 2007, 01:34   #8
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd love to engage in regression. I'd love to remember anything that I'm purposely trying not to remember. It's sounds like a film-night but so much more fun. If you do find anything out, please let us know. I remember someone claiming they were then able to remember so much more about their childhood through some regression technique - unfortunately I never asked him about it in any detail and lost contact with him.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 02:08   #9
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
What repressed memories do you think you'll find?

I dont really know, thats why i need professional help to retrieve them.

Now that ive got a reasonable job i can afford to consider going to a shrink. I think that everyone should go, theres always room for self improvement.

Personally I Want to know why im so dispersive, avert to social situations, and generally dissociatiff...

this point dda made is of serious concern, ive talked about this to some of my friends and a heads up was mentioned as far as professional goes people like me are pretty much handicapped, because the vast majority of psichology students are ****ed up people or people that flunk in med school or whatever and most dont have the 'wit' to be a true mind physician
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 02:13   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How do you know that memories are there that need to be retrieved?
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 02:15   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Isnt the theory, if there is traumic event in your life that your mind has refused to recall its that emotional that you cant cope with it, and forcing that memory is a bad thing, that it will re-emerge when or if your ready and able to deal with it.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 02:18   #12
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
How do you know that memories are there that need to be retrieved?
I've got one, its about 3 seconds of a car accident i had, all i have is riding my bike , then crawling out of the middle of the road (i guess on some subconcious level my brain knew i was in deep shit if i stayed where i was as it was on a busy main road)
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 02:23   #13
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
I've got one, its about 3 seconds of a car accident i had, all i have is riding my bike , then crawling out of the middle of the road (i guess on some subconcious level my brain knew i was in deep shit if i stayed where i was as it was on a busy main road)
Are you sure that it's a memory that exists to be retrieved, or that it's just something that you haven't expressly remembered?
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 08:37   #14
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Are you sure that it's a memory that exists to be retrieved, or that it's just something that you haven't expressly remembered?
well it happened so ergo its a memory that exists, i have the scar to prove it, i have tried to remember, but the inbetween is a blank, i may however have lost conciousness for those few seconds, but i doubt it as a witness said i landed on the road and almost immediately started to get up to get to the curb, so therefore its something my mind refuses to let me remember.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 08:50   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
I dont really know, thats why i need professional help to retrieve them.

Now that ive got a reasonable job i can afford to consider going to a shrink. I think that everyone should go, theres always room for self improvement.
I agree that everyone should strive for self-improvement but I'm not sure if shrinks and hypnotherapists are the way forward in most cases.

Quote:
Personally I Want to know why im so dispersive, avert to social situations, and generally dissociatiff...
Admirable goals I'm sure, but I'm not sure why you assume these will be answered by repressed memories. I'm sure there are things you are good at, and things you are bad at. If you were good at maths, would you assume that a repressed memory would explain this ability, or would you assume that it might be a disposition which has evolved over time from a combination of your biology and then gradual experience through childhood (rather than something specific and maybe traumatic)?

I'm in favour of continuous self-improvement but I'm sure raking up memories from the past is going to help in most cases. Even if you find out that you're socially averse because your pants got pulled down when you were four at someone's wedding - is that actually going to help you now in anyway? (It probably will since this seems to be what a lot of therapy is based on, but I'm not sure I grasp why it would).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 10:24   #16
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

I used to be avert to social situations but I'm just a wuss, so I just dove in head first and now I'm fine really. Don't need to pay money for something you can discover yourself.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 18:11   #17
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Even if you find out that you're socially averse because your pants got pulled down when you were four at someone's wedding - is that actually going to help you now in anyway? (It probably will since this seems to be what a lot of therapy is based on, but I'm not sure I grasp why it would).
I suppose it's because we don't really know why we're averse to certain things. I know that's true for me. I can easily convince myself that acting or feeling in a certain way is silly, but that's often not enough. As all emotions seem to have roots in the past, so if those roots are unearthed and exercised perhaps the emotions will dissipate.

I guess that only works for irrational emotional responses (in that we don't see the rational anymore) and not rational emotional responses (inverse explanation); I have a real fear of entering an internet secret santa system because last time someone nearly informed my step-sister I've posted modeling photos of her on the internet for great hilarity, for example.
Unread 28 Mar 2007, 23:09   #18
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I have a real fear of entering an internet secret santa system because last time someone nearly informed my step-sister I've posted modeling photos of her on the internet for great hilarity, for example.
yer well dumb actions tend to bite you on the arse eventually, that applies to net as well as real life
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 15:14   #19
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Really.